PDA

View Full Version : Possible MRT interchanges for CRL (Cross Island Line)

PropertyNewbie
17-01-13, 09:45
I've studied the alignment of the CRL very carefully and have discovered where the interchanges will be for the Cross Island Line

East West Line - Clementi

Downtown Line - King Albert Park

North East Line - Hougang

Buy buy buy!!!!

PropertyNewbie
17-01-13, 09:48
North South Line - Ang Mo Kio

Thomson Line - Sin Ming

PropertyNewbie
17-01-13, 09:49
All these will be built by 2030 so better go for freehold ones if plan to buy and hold :spliff:

phantom_opera
17-01-13, 09:54
pretty useless line to me except for Hougang/Punggol residents to go to airport ...

HK already has airport express ... Singapore everything also do when profitable sigh ...

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582279_427281060675469_266321215_n.png

a more useful one will be 2nd circle line ... I don't know what LTA is thinking really

but at least one thing is confirmed, ERL and DTL3 will connect at Expo by 2025 ... Tampines residents can reach East coast / Marina Bay easily

eng81157
17-01-13, 09:55
All these will be built by 2030 so better go for freehold ones if plan to buy and hold :spliff:

and hope that your unit ain't in the way. my bet would be tengah - start buying up the land of forests in that area now!!! huat big time

cnud
17-01-13, 09:57
2030....:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

18 years...

tkc2263
17-01-13, 10:05
The next announcement should be where the stations for the ERL are

sited... already this line is scheduled to be completed by 2022, so you can

imagine when these new 2 lines will be up an running..

Lets also wait and see what the Masterplan 2013 will bring, especially any

changes in the plot ratio, if any.

mantrix
17-01-13, 10:06

Thomson Line - Sin Ming

the positioning of the line is estimated, I doubt it could be AMK given how gridlocked it is already. Anyway doubt anyone would buy Centro at 1700psf...

Ilikeu
17-01-13, 10:17
i thought there are talks of a northern line connection the airport to pasir ris to punggol to yio chu kang to woodlands/sembawang etc...

by the way, where did u get this interesting map from? lta website?

pretty useless line to me except for Hougang/Punggol residents to go to airport ...

HK already has airport express ... Singapore everything also do when profitable sigh ...

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582279_427281060675469_266321215_n.png

a more useful one will be 2nd circle line ... I don't know what LTA is thinking really

but at least one thing is confirmed, ERL and DTL3 will connect at Expo by 2025 ... Tampines residents can reach East coast / Marina Bay easily

phantom_opera
17-01-13, 10:24
http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/mrtline17e.jpg

Shanhz
17-01-13, 10:39
i thought there are talks of a northern line connection the airport to pasir ris to punggol to yio chu kang to woodlands/sembawang etc...

by the way, where did u get this interesting map from? lta website?

yah, that was supposed to be the coastal line or something. the way i see the current map, it stopped short of extending from the punggol tip up to the YCK/Yishun/Sembawang area.

apparently they are concentrating on devping the jurong region first. see that jurong extension lines all branching out. possibly tengah may develop before simpang

Tek888
17-01-13, 10:49
2030....:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

18 years...

ya man. by then I will be lao kok kok one leg in the box already :sleep:

pool100
17-01-13, 11:11
From Changi to Jurong.

Areas in between like Hougang, AMK and Clementi set to bee tung.

pool100
17-01-13, 11:12
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230613_427283507341891_1979246098_n.png

Rysk
17-01-13, 11:16
http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/mrtline17e.jpg
Think the "West Coast" should be "Teban Garden or Pandan Garden" stn.. otherwise ppl tot this station is at West Coast then found themselves end up at Teban Gdn / Pandan Gdn

Disappointed to see that the actual West Coast estate won't have a station :(

Shanhz
17-01-13, 11:30
Think the "West Coast" should be "Teban Garden or Pandan Garden" stn.. otherwise ppl tot this station is at West Coast then found themselves end up at Teban Gdn / Pandan Gdn

bro chestnut will be disappointed.
haloo.. chestnut.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kanarazu
17-01-13, 11:35
It's a really naung MRT line... Time for naung residences to move faster now

chiaberry
17-01-13, 11:37

Thomson Line - Sin Ming

Me staying near Sin Ming. Was discussing with another resident how to get to Changi. Did not like the current MRT route. She recommended me the bus rather than MRT.

OK, when I am retired, I can give up my car liao. Can go everywhere from Sin Ming.

:D

ikan bilis
17-01-13, 11:38
those bought ulu ulu parc vera, river sound, river sail, river isles, boat house cheap cheap... likely to huat big...

taggy
17-01-13, 12:13
those bought ulu ulu parc vera, river sound, river sail, river isles, boat house cheap cheap... likely to huat big...

Paisei, just asking, these are currently not so near Hougang mrt right?

ikan bilis
17-01-13, 12:33
Paisei, just asking, these are currently not so near Hougang mrt right?

whole stretch from hougang to east side of punggol.... but dunno where are the stations... :beats-me-man:

http://www.onemap.sg/?LW:Y&wO5d:IhJff_a,IbbYc_b,IaqaY_a,IRcYf_R,a

Ringo33
17-01-13, 12:41

I actually think there will be an interchange at west coast (right next to Infinity). If you noticed from the map, after clementi, it branches out into 2 line, one towards Jurong East and the other towards Jurong industrial estate. I reckon there will be one station a teban/pandan after west coast.

gymboy
17-01-13, 12:53
Just hoping that the west coast portion will be underground.

newbie11
17-01-13, 13:02
this announcement is something to do with population paper

Dys
17-01-13, 13:15
Seems like interchange will be at kovan not hougang. Old bus interchange will be the site for the new line interchange.

taggy
17-01-13, 13:17
Just hoping that the west coast portion will be underground.
i remember last time garmen got say before all new stations will be underground... :)

taggy
17-01-13, 13:20
whole stretch from hougang to east side of punggol.... but dunno where are the stations... :beats-me-man:

i guess it will not pass by between florida to riversail stretch, bec this stretch is north east of hougang station...
looking at how the track line is drawn... the track move south east after hougang... of cos i may be wrong :D

Tek888
17-01-13, 13:23
Seems like interchange will be at kovan not hougang. Old bus interchange will be the site for the new line interchange.

Possible, but Hougang seems more likely choice as there are empty patches of land surrounding the MRT making construction works easier and less disruptive to the neighbourhood.

gymboy
17-01-13, 13:25
i remember last time garmen got say before all new stations will be underground... :)

Great!!! Thanks for the info, taggy!

azeoprop
17-01-13, 13:43

Most probably there will be one near riversails and boathouse. :beats-me-man:

AMK mrt -> amk ave3, hougang ave 2 -> hougang mrt -> upper serangoon road ->buangkok east drive -> KPE -> TPE -> Pasir ris ind drive 1 -> pasir ris drive 1 -> pasir ris mrt -> Flora road -> Changi airport mrt.

ikan bilis
17-01-13, 13:47
Most probably there will be one near riversails and boathouse. :beats-me-man:river isles sure hit jackpot...

azeoprop
17-01-13, 13:52
river isles sure hit jackpot...

I had highly suspected some mrt will pop up here because it is so ulu and yet they are fully developing this area with premium bto , dbss and condos. Almost bought boathouse and riversails, but now disabled by CM7. :(

Kanarazu
17-01-13, 13:56

May I know what is your basis for that?

NorthernStar
17-01-13, 14:34
Most probably there will be one near riversails and boathouse. :beats-me-man:

AMK mrt -> amk ave3, hougang ave 2 -> hougang mrt -> upper serangoon road ->buangkok east drive -> KPE -> TPE -> Pasir ris ind drive 1 -> pasir ris drive 1 -> pasir ris mrt -> Flora road -> Changi airport mrt.

Not sure how accurate is the drawn dotted MRT line.

The line is drawn at the east of the Serangoon River. My guess: the MRT will turn toward Tampines Road instead of SengKang East road. The funny part is that line is not terminated in Changi Airport but go to Loyang, Changi and then connected with ERL.

nochoice
17-01-13, 14:35
I had highly suspected some mrt will pop up here because it is so ulu and yet they are fully developing this area with premium bto , dbss and condos. Almost bought boathouse and riversails, but now disabled by CM7. :(
I maybe wrong, but after studied the line carefully, my bet is Parc Vera to be the beneficiary of this new line announcement out of the 3 condo, Parc v, riversound & boathouse as the line drawn is further down nearer to hougang rather than sengkang.
River isle where is in punggol central is not affected.

hyenergix
17-01-13, 14:57
Likely to have one at Clementi MRT then go down to the bus-stop at west coast (hopefully near Hong Leong Gardens because the catchment area is there) before splitting into one at the edge of the international business park then to Jurong East. Seems to be underground as it is cutting through very dense areas, particularly Clementi at the west side. Let's see...

GIG
17-01-13, 15:02
Not sure how accurate is the drawn dotted MRT line.

The line is drawn at the east of the Serangoon River. My guess: the MRT will turn toward Tampines Road instead of SengKang East road. The funny part is that line is not terminated in Changi Airport but go to Loyang, Changi and then connected with ERL.

From the map, It looks like there might be an interchange between Pasir Ris Int & Punggol Int.. possibly Punggol Int - Pasir Ris West - Pasir Ris Int - Loyang - Changi Park - Changi Airport

Ringo33
17-01-13, 15:08
Likely to have one at Clementi MRT then go down to the bus-stop at west coast (hopefully near Hong Leong Gardens because the catchment area is there) before splitting into one at the edge of the international business park then to Jurong East. Seems to be underground as it is cutting through very dense areas, particularly Clementi at the west side. Let's see...

Should be one at clmenti, then a interchange at west coast where it will split to either jurong east or towards jurong industrial. West coast station should serve commuters from pandan garden, Faber crest and hong leong garden residences.

hyenergix
17-01-13, 15:18
Should be one at clmenti, then a interchange at west coast where it will split to either jurong east or towards jurong industrial. West coast station should serve commuters from pandan garden, Faber crest and hong leong garden residences.

Yes, I think the bus-stop with its spaces around it, catchment area, distance between stations, this location meets the criteria very well.

Particularly it has to bear the name "west coast" and this is the last stretch of about 1 km (usu this distance between stations) that aligns almost horizontally with the Clementi MRT station. This also in agreement with the outline of the propose route.

Ringo33
17-01-13, 15:36
Yes, I think the bus-stop with its spaces around it, catchment area, distance between stations, this location meets the criteria very well.

Particularly it has to bear the name "west coast" and this is the last stretch of about 1 km (usu this distance between stations) that aligns almost horizontally with the Clementi MRT station. This also in agreement with the outline of the propose route.

Towards west there shoud be one at teban, one at jurong lakeside; next to the Future theme park and one at bird park junction.

hyenergix
17-01-13, 15:43
Towards west there shoud be one at teban, one at jurong lakeside; next to the Future theme park and one at bird park junction.

I didn't really trace that line. Yes, very likely at Teban since the population density there is quite high and it makes sense to have one at Teban given that there should be a station at the business park just north of it. The West Coast interchange is important as I hope it will be near my house :)

Tek888
17-01-13, 15:50
Now with CM7 in place, most people can only talk talk but cannot buy even if can accurately predict the new MRT locations. Perhaps the only beneficiary is the 1st timers...still can aim for the locations.

Ringo33
17-01-13, 15:58
Wonder if this cross island line will be an express line which there will be less station / km.

PV Excit
17-01-13, 16:28
with all these new lines building up, it seems that garmen is "posing" for the next immigrants flood... whatever it is, no matter where you have bought, prices will be surely up and up more in long term....

star
17-01-13, 19:24
Parc Vera, boathouse, Riversails two bedroom only about $700k so attractive where to find. Buy and huat.

star
17-01-13, 19:33
Parc Vera will be a better choice for mrt as Defu industrial park is nearer to it. Whole stretch of Hougang condo cheap cheap up for grab.

ikan bilis
17-01-13, 19:39
Parc Vera will be a better choice for mrt as Defu industrial park is nearer to it. Whole stretch of Hougang condo cheap cheap up for grab.

from now to 2030 is 17 years, high chances of another 2 property market crashes.... => timing (of entry point) is much more important that good locations 17 years away.... :D

UltimateAro888
17-01-13, 19:56

tikkum tikum near those area also dangerous.. Sway sway mrt need to cut thru your new house, then kena ask to move..:banghead:

star
17-01-13, 19:58
from now to 2030 is 17 years, high chances of another 2 property market crashes.... => timing (of entry point) is much more important that good locations 17 years away.... :D

No need to wait so long. By the time thomson line finished 2020 they will announce where the stations. So only 8 years u can market them to sell. Property is meant to be bought not sold. Cheers. Have a nice day. :) hougang will be an interchange mrt.

UltimateAro888
17-01-13, 20:00
Everywhere MRT...So, just wait for MRT stations to come look for your house, don't need go look for house near MRT..

I just wonder, singapore a small island can support continous digging and digging stacking and stacking. Drainge system will be affected i suppose.

Dys
17-01-13, 21:30
Parc Vera, boathouse, Riversails two bedroom only about $700k so attractive where to find. Buy and huat.

Seems like will not passing these places. No mrt near punggol park.

kane
17-01-13, 22:26
I wonder where is the hougang station that they have in mind?

Kanarazu
17-01-13, 23:06
I wonder where is the hougang station that they have in mind?

The existing hougang station next to naung residences. Plenty of land there.

beepbeep
17-01-13, 23:16
The existing hougang station next to naung residences. Plenty of land there.

That's WP rally ground!!

star
18-01-13, 02:00
Seems like will not passing these places. No mrt near punggol park.

It is likely to pass these area, the only thing that we not sure is the exact station location. But the whole stretch of hougang condo are so cheap i see great value appreciation. If no cm7 i sure chiong in.

Dys
18-01-13, 05:37
It is likely to pass these area, the only thing that we not sure is the exact station location. But the whole stretch of hougang condo are so cheap i see great value appreciation. If no cm7 i sure chiong in.

I see it is too near to have a mrt there from where hougang and the Lrt of sengkang is. Anyway, anyone can advice when we will know the exact location of the stations.

Kanarazu
18-01-13, 05:49
I see it is too near to have a mrt there from where hougang and the Lrt of sengkang is. Anyway, anyone can advice when we will know the exact location of the stations.

Keep a look out for soil testing done in the vicinity.

chiaberry
18-01-13, 06:20

Possibly not until 2020+.

The Thomson Line has only announced the exact station locations last year and it was around 7 to 8 years before its expected completion.

Also don't expect it to complete in time. The 2030 date is the earliest possible date. In reality it will more likely complete later than that. It is HUGE line and no small feat.

spikey69
18-01-13, 06:25
Downtown Line - King Albert Park

Agree with your assessment. Lots of space for MRT infrastructure. Sterling & Maplewoods will all huat ah!

radha08
18-01-13, 07:26
Possibly not until 2020+.

The Thomson Line has only announced the exact station locations last year and it was around 7 to 8 years before its expected completion.

Also don't expect it to complete in time. The 2030 date is the earliest possible date. In reality it will more likely complete later than that. It is HUGE line and no small feat.

but spore will do it unlike our neighbour..maybe 3030 will be ready...wahahah:D:D

Ringo33
18-01-13, 07:29
Agree with your assessment. Lots of space for MRT infrastructure. Sterling & Maplewoods will all huat ah!

Huat? if this goes as plan, the entire place will have construction for the next 15 to 20 years. By that time, the place might be old enough for en bloc liao.

chiaberry
18-01-13, 07:32
heehee Transport Minister seat v hot one. So many many problems lately. MRT break downs, delayed completion of existing lines jialat jialat. I wonder if he will have the energy/good health to push through all these major infrastructures. If he does, then I would say he is earning his keep in the job. If not........:tsk-tsk:

Every day the roads are getting noticeably more congested. If the COEs are not sky high, I don't know what will happen. Total chaos.

Ringo33
18-01-13, 07:35
heehee Transport Minister seat v hot one. So many many problems lately. MRT break downs, delayed completion of existing lines jialat jialat. I wonder if he will have the energy/good health to push through all these major infrastructures. If he does, then I would say he is earning his keep in the job. If not........:tsk-tsk:

Every day the roads are getting noticeably more congested. If the COEs are not sky high, I don't know what will happen. Total chaos.

Price of Coe doesn't have any impact on car population growth. It only change the profile of buyers

fclim
18-01-13, 07:53
Huat? if this goes as plan, the entire place will have construction for the next 15 to 20 years. By that time, the place might be old enough for en bloc liao.

True. If I were living in Sin Ming/Upp Thomson Area, I have to put up with the Thomson Line and NS Highway construction until 2020. Then, this Cross Island line construction will start and will not end until 2030. 17 years of non-stop construction, congestion and inconvenience.

Boy, am I CROSSED!:tongue3:

chiaberry
18-01-13, 08:11
Price of Coe doesn't have any impact on car population growth. It only change the profile of buyers

Not the price of COE. The supply. If the number of cars is not limited by the COE system, then the traffic congestion will be :doh:

chiaberry
18-01-13, 08:12
True. If I were living in Sin Ming/Upp Thomson Area, I have to put up with the Thomson Line and NS Highway construction until 2020. Then, this Cross Island line construction will start and will not end until 2030. 17 years of non-stop construction, congestion and inconvenience.

Boy, am I CROSSED!:tongue3:

Agree with this. It will be very messy over here for many years to come.

wtpooh
18-01-13, 08:37

Very sound advice.
Most likely the big boys like FEO will come in and position themselves with such long lead time.

Besides, wonder how attractive is CRL and JRL? People who go to airport and Jurong area alot?

Ringo33
18-01-13, 11:42
Very sound advice.
Most likely the big boys like FEO will come in and position themselves with such long lead time.

Besides, wonder how attractive is CRL and JRL? People who go to airport and Jurong area alot?

I think the whole idea of CRL and JRL is basically to make JLD more accessible as they do anticipate more and more companies will start to move their offices to JLD.

With MND, BCA, Capitaland as confirmed tenant at JLD, I wont be surprise that other developers could follow. Perhaps, they will bid for their own commercial site and build their own office building.

eng81157
18-01-13, 12:08
I think the whole idea of CRL and JRL is basically to make JLD more accessible as they do anticipate more and more companies will start to move their offices to JLD.

With MND, BCA, Capitaland as confirmed tenant at JLD, I wont be surprise that other developers could follow. Perhaps, they will bid for their own commercial site and build their own office building.

please lah, it's as though the whole world revolves just around JLD :doh: :doh:

there is a bigger agenda of developing 2 new towns in simpang and tengah

Ringo33
18-01-13, 13:35
please lah, it's as though the whole world revolves just around JLD :doh: :doh:

there is a bigger agenda of developing 2 new towns in simpang and tengah

The recent MRT announcement doesnt really concern the whole world, it mainly concern people working, living or studying in the west.

Tengah and Simpang are no big agenda, it simply just another township cater for increase population. The more important question is where does people living in these township goes to work, do their shopping, seek healthcare treatment and have their recreations.

proud owner
18-01-13, 13:41
The recent MRT announcement doesnt really concern the whole world, it mainly concern people working, living or studying in the west.

Tengah and Simpang are no big agenda, it simply just another township cater for increase population. The more important question is where does people living in these township goes to work, do their shopping, seek healthcare treatment and have their recreations.

JB

good food, cheaper ... just do day trips

eng81157
18-01-13, 13:43
\

:doh: :doh: i rest my case......stupidity has no cure

Ringo33
18-01-13, 14:09
:doh: :doh: i rest my case......stupidity has no cure

it is not by coincident that 5 tracks are leading in and out of Jurong Gateway.

myfirstpc
18-01-13, 14:35
Not the price of COE. The supply. If the number of cars is not limited by the COE system, then the traffic congestion will be :doh:

The COE price is only a barrier, keep raising it (due to pple who are high net worth and have cash to splash) and soon we will see only millionaires sitting in the traffic jams. How to raise the COE? by informing the quota reduction before the next bidding exercise and whalla, the COE is again higher than the historic high. The profile of car owners change from those who need the cars for work to the rich.

hyenergix
18-01-13, 14:39
JB

good food, cheaper ... just do day trips

I agree. After venturing there for a few months, looking at the local prices + surrounding at some places and Singapore's statistics, it is not hard to figure out where the next booming area will be. Given the high COE prices, it will be middle-class Singaporeans' and PRs' playground as travelling there by car is the best option.

mantrix
18-01-13, 16:17

Not true. It is to improve connectivity as a whole in SG.

Eg people staying in the north, in order to take the train to Changi, have to either change at City Hall or change at bishan, take the circle line, get off at paya lebar and then back to green line.

Having a cross island line helps everyone.

Ringo33
18-01-13, 16:54
Not true. It is to improve connectivity as a whole in SG.

Eg people staying in the north, in order to take the train to Changi, have to either change at City Hall or change at bishan, take the circle line, get off at paya lebar and then back to green line.

Having a cross island line helps everyone.

of course if does bring some convenience for ppl living around the MRT line. However unlike the past where all MRT line are always talking cutting time to travel into central Singapore. This time round many people were caught by surprise about the CRL which bypass CBD entirely. and what it basically does is that it help connect people all the way from the East to the West with a fast track CRL. Which mean staffs of capitaland MND and BCA etc will be able to continue living in the East and work in JLD; which will become the 2nd largest commercial hub outside CBD. Just to give you some numbers for comparison.

* 5.4million sqft of office space, which is equivalent to more than 4 blocks of One Raffles Quay.

* 2.7million sqft of commercial space for retail F&B etc. About 2 x the size of VIVOCITY

* 2800 hotel rooms - which is about having 1 MBS (2600rooms)

* Ng Teng Fong Hosipital + Jurong Community Hospital (total : 1100 beds) - About the size of NUH which has slightly less than 1100 beds

* 220ha land for attractions - 3 times the land area of RWS

With so many activities going on in JLD, where do you think they are going to find people to fill in the jobs? within Jurong only?