PDA

View Full Version : A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

PN
14-03-12, 20:52
only shows higher education not equals to better brains!

one NUS Assoc Prof
one director apac level
one got brains to work in hsa

all bickering like kids on public forum

Bro Pinball you are good.
I only know the first two. How you know the 3rd one?

But don't tell everyone here lah :tsk-tsk:

devilplate
14-03-12, 20:56

Wah...how u noe 1st 2?

Share share leh.... Hehehe

devilplate
14-03-12, 20:58
Anyone knows the identity of sissy b?

ikan bilis
14-03-12, 20:58
please add in 1 more....

"one devil-property-agent"

:D

Pinball
14-03-12, 21:00
it's a secret. but he does not work in dbs or ocbc.

devilplate
14-03-12, 21:01
please add in 1 more....

"one devil-property-agent"

:D
Wakaka

I got a colleague aka ikan bilis

Wahahaha so fun ;)

devilplate
14-03-12, 21:02
it's a secret. but he does not work in dbs or ocbc.
U like nvr answer leh.....

Pinball is this forum admin?

Pinball
14-03-12, 21:04
dp, you r usually a smart boy. not dbs, not ocbc. then what?

U like nvr answer leh.....

Pinball is this forum admin?

devilplate
14-03-12, 21:04
Or secret agent!!

devilplate
14-03-12, 21:06
dp, you r usually a smart boy. not dbs, not ocbc. then what?
Ooooo

Pinball really power....

But den sissy b says he dun work for ppl leh.....ehhehe

So i tot he freelance working at changi v lor

Pinball
14-03-12, 21:07
no lah, that his community service after work.

wakakakakakaka

Ooooo

Pinball really power....

But den sissy b says he dun work for ppl leh.....ehhehe

So i tot he freelance working at changi v lor

PN
14-03-12, 21:48

You can call him smart Alex :D

Jadey
14-03-12, 22:37
no lah, that his community service after work.

wakakakakakaka

Devilplate, did you just sign up another account to talk to yourself?
wakakakakaka?? 4 post in one thread and the it goes wakakakaka?

So I guess what people have been secretly telling me through PM is true. People here are using multiple accounts to create buzz in this forum.

Pathetic... :doh:

devilplate
14-03-12, 22:43
Devilplate, did you just sign up another account to talk to yourself?
wakakakakaka?? 4 post in one thread and the it goes wakakakaka?

So I guess what people have been secretly telling me through PM is true. People here are using multiple accounts to create buzz in this forum.

Pathetic... :doh:

Poor thing....

I oredi said i dunwan to waste time on u mah....looks like u missed chatting wif me sooooooo much hor!

Wakakakaka

devilplate
14-03-12, 22:45

one NUS Assoc Prof
one director apac level

So jadey.....is pinball correct? R u one of the 3 listed above?

I tink 3 of u using coy network to do posting? Interesting!

Using 3g Network can track anot ar?

Jadey
14-03-12, 22:50
Poor thing....

I oredi said i dunwan to waste time on u mah....looks like u missed chatting wif me sooooooo much hor!

Wakakakaka

You must have gotten overly excited and accidentally sign off with "wakakakaka" while using different account under PINBALL.

May I know why do you need to use so many forum accounts? To fan your own ego? to praises to yourself? To talk to yourself because you are lonely?

OMFG.....this is unbelievable.

devilplate
14-03-12, 22:52
You must have gotten overly excited and accidentally sign off with "wakakakaka" while using different account under PINBALL.

May I know why do you need to use so many forum accounts? To fan your own ego? to praises to yourself? To talk to yourself because you are lonely?

OMFG.....this is unbelievable.
Wakaka is infectious i must say.....

I catch it from bj and change abit lor....

Or mabe i am bj! Woahahahahaha

devilplate
14-03-12, 22:53

Jadey....dun change topic liao....

Pls answer this for me first k? Den i may grant u ur wish lor.....

I can entertain u more as long u guai guai la...

Wakakakaka

Jadey
14-03-12, 22:56

If I were you, I will just bid farewell to everyone here in this forum and reappear using one of the spare accounts which you have already created.

Unless you have reason to believe that people in this forum are so dumb to continue believing what you said....perhaps you can try using your other accounts in this forum to gain back your credibility.

"wakakakaka"

devilplate
14-03-12, 22:58
If I were you, I will just bid farewell to everyone here in this forum and reappear using one of the spare accounts which you have already created.

Unless you have reason to believe that people in this forum are so dumb to continue believing what you said....perhaps you can try using your other accounts in this forum to gain back your credibility.

"wakakakaka"
Y u divert attention again....

Piak ur backside den u noe!

Wahahaha

There is another one....muahahahaha

teddybear
14-03-12, 23:39
How did you know leh? Alamat, anyone can use a dummy title and how did you know the actual identity. I'm not one of the three:D

devilplate
14-03-12, 23:42
How did you leh? Alamat, anyone can use a dummy title and how did you know other actual identity.
Am i rite to say u r using ur coy network to surf? If not how to trace ar?

teddybear
14-03-12, 23:51
Nope! I don't work in NUS, APAC and also healthcare! these people anyhow hantum ! Pinball was just created by someone to hantum people.

Am i rite to say u r using ur coy network to surf? If not how to trace ar?

Jadey
14-03-12, 23:55

Pinball's first post in this forum and you are already brother brother? :D

looks like you guys know each other very long huh?

devilplate
14-03-12, 23:59
Nope! I don't work in NUS, APAC and also healthcare! these people anyhow hantum ! Pinball was just created by someone to hantum people.
Chey.....

I felt so 'naked' jus now lor....wakakkaka

I tink 3g network quite safe rite? Been using it....;)

teddybear
15-03-12, 00:03
Huh, Don't tell me you are one of these three!:p If you are not, why felt "naked":D

You have fun with another new thread - just created for you! of course, by your good friend

Chey.....

I felt so 'naked' jus now lor....wakakkaka

I tink 3g network quite safe rite? Been using it....;)

devilplate
15-03-12, 00:08
Huh, Don't tell me you are one of these three!:p If you are not, why felt "naked":D

You have fun with another new thread - just created for you!
Hehe...i whr got so high flyer....guess i am too innocent liao la....wakakaka

Jadey
15-03-12, 00:11
CCR and teddy are the same person. How about Avatar? the same person too? How about HP65. all the same person under different disguises?

guess what, Just caught devilplate using a new name. Pinball..perhaps PN is also related because from the moment Pinball made the 1st virgin post in this forum PN already addressing Pinball as BROTHER!!!

Pinball
15-03-12, 07:17
bro, chill man!.

dp and pn cool doodz but they are not cool or handsome 'nuf to be me.

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHEHHEHEHEHEH

guess what, Just caught devilplate using a new name. Pinball..perhaps PN is also related because from the moment Pinball made the 1st virgin post in this forum PN already addressing Pinball as BROTHER!!!

devilplate
15-03-12, 10:47
very familiar!

woahahahahahha

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 12:49
2413 condo/apt units + 725 ECs = total 3138 units sold in Feb 2012 :scared-4:

cheerful
15-03-12, 14:29
2413 condo/apt units + 725 ECs = total 3138 units sold in Feb 2012 :scared-4:

helllo there ... long time no see & could only exclaim at this figure!
AMAZING ..... ...

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 14:32
haha bro, u r finally back!

AMAZING ..... ...

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 14:33
this time huh. really nice ah. 2 nice numbers for u to buy 4D! esp 3138.

AMAZING ..... ...

cheerful
15-03-12, 14:37
this time huh. really nice ah. 2 nice numbers for u to buy 4D! esp 3138.

Indeeeed :)

price
15-03-12, 14:42
huattt ah! i shall try my luck too! win big $ buy another MM :cool:

teddybear
15-03-12, 23:43
Why stalingrad bro disappear? Which one is he hah? :beats-me-man:

one NUS Assoc Prof
one director apac level

bargain hunter
16-03-12, 13:25
One Shenton $3,124,450 1582 sq ft 1975psf Mar-12

fat/thin profits or loss?

kane
16-03-12, 14:49
at 1975psf, got profit meh?

bargain hunter
16-03-12, 15:04
depends on whether its a high floor or a low floor unit i guess?

at 1975psf, got profit meh?

kane
16-03-12, 15:20
depends on whether its a high floor or a low floor unit i guess?

i thought one shenton all units minimally must have 2000psf even at launch.

dtrax
16-03-12, 15:33
Total loss

ONE SHENTON 1 Shenton Way #23-02 1 147 Strata 3,415,440 23234 2159 24-JAN-2007 Apartment 99 Yrs From 14/10/2005 Uncompleted New Sale HDB 01 06 068803 Central Region Downtown Core

ONE SHENTON 1 Shenton Way #23-02 1 147 Strata 3,124,450 21255 1975 02-MAR-2012 Apartment 99 Yrs From 14/10/2005 2011 Sub Sale Private 01 06 068803 Central Region Downtown Core

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 15:42
Why is CCR prices stagnating or even coming down? Is it all the cooling measures? Is this the new paradigm where people no longer see staying in CCR as having so many advantages now that MRT has increased connectivity so much?

Or is it the super strong strength of the Sing dollar has just priced too many foreigners out of the CCR market?

CCR
16-03-12, 15:56
Why is CCR prices stagnating or even coming down? Is it all the cooling measures? Is this the new paradigm where people no longer see staying in CCR as having so many advantages now that MRT has increased connectivity so much?

Or is it the super strong strength of the Sing dollar has just priced too many foreigners out of the CCR market?

Coz CCR no new launches...
Developer waiting for right time to launch these units....
Hence what you are seeing are resale units transaction and those that cant hold on to it will sell at a loss...

If CM6 do come, I am sure it will be more targeted at mas market condos, then the musical chair will move to CCR properties... then you will be able to clearly see the pricing and demand

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 16:05
Hmmm, but seems like there are some which are launched already a while back, but still remaining unsold. The demand is just not there. Meanwhile, OCR selling at very high psf prices and yet, flying off the shelf like hot cakes... Watertown mostly sold, others also seeing strong demand.... Why???? :confused:

The difference between CCR demand and OCR demand seems to be quite stark. developers dun even dare the launch CCR units, which in itself is a function of the low demand there now compared to OCR.

devilplate
16-03-12, 16:20
All due to 10% absd....in fact, oct nov 2011, ccr resale activity picking up but suay suay cm5 pull the handbrake....

U see clift...last yr every mth got healthy transactions.....since cm5 out.....gone oredi...

But luckily smallish unit i just hold tight tight collect rent :D

amk
16-03-12, 16:44

.. u still want to believe your "new paradigm" theory.. if it makes you feel better that way....

this has NOTHING to do with the "new paradigm" theory. CMs and ABSDs are the real reason.

ekl2ekl2
16-03-12, 16:45
Coz CCR no new launches...
Developer waiting for right time to launch these units....
Hence what you are seeing are resale units transaction and those that cant hold on to it will sell at a loss...

If CM6 do come, I am sure it will be more targeted at mas market condos, then the musical chair will move to CCR properties... then you will be able to clearly see the pricing and demand

If you drive along Newton road, you will see the big banners for the two new launches at Newton, 26 Newton and Suites @ Newton where quantum mostly bet $1- 1.2m for studio or small 2 roomer, but they do not seem to be flying, 1 transaction each in Feb 02.

Developers units for sale at Lincoln suites; No sale in Feb 02.

amk
16-03-12, 17:08
suites @ newton all tiny one bedders and 1.3m each.
this is a BS project.

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 17:20
suites @ newton all tiny one bedders and 1.3m each.
this is a BS project.

Hmmm, so suites@newton priced at 1.2 million (2150 psf) is priced too high? But watertown priced at 1300/1400 psf sell like hot cakes... I saw one cavaet - 1.2 million for a 807 sq feet unit (1465 psf). 2 bedder?

Quantum is about the same - both 1.2 million, but demand is very different! Why??? If quantum is small, then, all the CM should affect it equally leh. Why the difference? OCR properties also must pay ABSD mah.

Condo Kaiser
16-03-12, 17:37
Hmmm, so suites@newton priced at 1.2 million (2150 psf) is priced too high? But watertown priced at 1300/1400 psf sell like hot cakes... I saw one cavaet - 1.2 million for a 807 sq feet unit (1465 psf). 2 bedder?

Quantum is about the same - both 1.2 million, but demand is very different! Why??? If quantum is small, then, all the CM should affect it equally leh. Why the difference? OCR properties also must pay ABSD mah.

The key difference here is one is completed (= immediately 100% burden) the other is new launch (= worry abt it 4 years later = surely got a bigger idiot to buy from me 4 years later = worse case i can go stay there myself and sell/rent out my HDB)

They all forget their paper profit in HDB might no longer be there 4 years from now. as everything is inter-connected: if condo making money, hdb will also be making money.. if condo not making money... hdb also not making money...

devilplate
16-03-12, 17:39
both new launch la....aiyo

the diff is same quantum but one is 1bdr MM and the other is a 2bdr

1bdr in Wt only 5xx-6xxk wat....the other mm oredi 1mil++

kane
16-03-12, 17:39
Total loss

ONE SHENTON 1 Shenton Way #23-02 1 147 Strata 3,415,440 23234 2159 24-JAN-2007 Apartment 99 Yrs From 14/10/2005 Uncompleted New Sale HDB 01 06 068803 Central Region Downtown Core

ONE SHENTON 1 Shenton Way #23-02 1 147 Strata 3,124,450 21255 1975 02-MAR-2012 Apartment 99 Yrs From 14/10/2005 2011 Sub Sale Private 01 06 068803 Central Region Downtown Core

Looks like the ccr train is coming back for more passengers.

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 17:50

Yeah, that's true. But I brought up the example because both in the region of 1.2 million mah. So quantum wise, its comparable. :)

If quantum is the same, then all the reasons regarding CM, ABSD don't apply. That's why I was asking, is the newton one priced too high? What if Sky habitat can move a 1 bedder MM at 1900 psf? :scared-5:

Condo Kaiser
16-03-12, 17:51

hahaha... eye pak jiao.... i thought he meant newton suites... which is completed....

my bad....

devilplate
16-03-12, 17:53
Looks like the ccr train is coming back for more passengers.
19xxpsf is the fair value....

clift smallish unit only 2200psf....this one so big quantum....19xxpsf oredi very high imo

devilplate
16-03-12, 17:55
What if Sky habitat can move a 1 bedder MM at 1900 psf? :scared-5:
can sell 1bdr at 1mil++ den u can say gap narrow lah

for now just wait and see....rcr 1bdr now about 8xxk for 1bdr

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 17:58
But but, if Newton sell at 2100 psf hard to move, and Bishan Sky Habitat sell at 1900 people cheong in and grab, then that already means gap is narrowing leh...

I put it another way. If the Newton MM were to price at 1900 psf, do you think sales there will spike up?

teddybear
16-03-12, 18:45
You first time property buyer/investor is it? :confused:
You don't know CCR properties are mainly bought by foreigners? At last count, foreigners account for 35% of CCR properties' buyers!

Demand is not there for CCR? If so why need 10% ABSD knowing the above fact and scaring that there is demand in CCR? :beats-me-man:

OCR selling like hot-cakes? Sure, because affordable mah, anything below $1.5m regardless of size sure sell! I really believe these OCR new launch property buyers buying Bedok Residences at $1500 psf or WaterTown at $13xx psf are either idiots, people practising "greater fool theory" (wanting to flip to next fool) or mentally retarded! They can't buy the other nearby resale properties at 35% cheaper? :doh:

Oh wait, there is 1 more group of buyer 1 highlighted before, they are the ones who have little CASH, who die die can only buy new launch but not resale properties (no cash to renovate, no cash to pay 40% downpayment immediately!). :scared-3:

Hmmm, but seems like there are some which are launched already a while back, but still remaining unsold. The demand is just not there. Meanwhile, OCR selling at very high psf prices and yet, flying off the shelf like hot cakes... Watertown mostly sold, others also seeing strong demand.... Why???? :confused:

The difference between CCR demand and OCR demand seems to be quite stark. developers dun even dare the launch CCR units, which in itself is a function of the low demand there now compared to OCR.

teddybear
16-03-12, 18:51
You lucky I not lucky. So, have to curse them everyday! :tongue3:
Will VOTE with my feet! Will gather all my family members, relatives, workers etc etc ready for 2016.... :hell-hath-no-fury:

Ok ok, joke aside, I am not selling, so no problem. They better don't play punt in future when I am going to sell... :p

All due to 10% absd....in fact, oct nov 2011, ccr resale activity picking up but suay suay cm5 pull the handbrake....

U see clift...last yr every mth got healthy transactions.....since cm5 out.....gone oredi...

But luckily smallish unit i just hold tight tight collect rent :D

teddybear
16-03-12, 18:53
I challenge them to remove all ABSD, SSD and CMs! Then we see whether got "new paradigm" or not? :p

.. u still want to believe your "new paradigm" theory.. if it makes you feel better that way....

this has NOTHING to do with the "new paradigm" theory. CMs and ABSDs are the real reason.

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 18:55
I doubt if they will remove any time soon. If anything, u see the Feb sales so strong. Scarly more CM coming in! Its political hot potato. OCR prices are out of control. Pungol can sell for 1300 psf??? Like that how to eliminate all previous CM? We will be lucky if they don't add new one, in fact!

teddybear
16-03-12, 18:57
Agree that both quantum about the same, but because if you are dwarfs and mickey mouses, you can still squeeze into WaterTown units but not Suite@Newton units mah! So simple also don't understand? :o

amk they all forget to mention that size also affect mah! :ashamed1:

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 18:58
?? Both are small leh. Its not like the Watertown units very roomy leh. Also small small one...

teddybear
16-03-12, 19:00
Hah? You don't know Newton Lincoln Suites 1 bedder previously sold at $25xx psf? :doh:
Talking about Bishan $1900 psf? If they can't achieve $1900 psf, then it just shows that the gap is still big!

Yeah, that's true. But I brought up the example because both in the region of 1.2 million mah. So quantum wise, its comparable. :)

If quantum is the same, then all the reasons regarding CM, ABSD don't apply. That's why I was asking, is the newton one priced too high? What if Sky habitat can move a 1 bedder MM at 1900 psf? :scared-5:

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 19:03
Depends on how you view it. Price at 2500 psf, but sales are not moving much. Whereas in OCR, price at relatively high psf, but sell like hot cakes. That in itself indicate something already mah.

Pungol watertown priced at 1300 psf for a 1 bedder MM is quite ridiculous leh. But still sell like hot cakes.

teddybear
16-03-12, 19:04
Yes, didn't I say that:
"if you are dwarfs and mickey mouses, you can still squeeze into WaterTown units but not Suite@Newton units" ?

How can human be smaller dwarfs? No right? So no choice whole family cannot squeeze into Suites@Newton at price of $1.2m absolute figure. :p

?? Both are small leh. Its not like the Watertown units very roomy leh. Also small small one...

Eldenfirefly
16-03-12, 19:06
Lol personally, I think people mostly buying it for investment. They themselves not intending to stay there. So, they have no idea how small it is. When they get the keys, they will know...

teddybear
16-03-12, 19:08
Ok, I give up.... :doh: Just now you say price, now you say can't move.

Yes yes, OCR is the heaven, price sure rise higher than CCR. CCR owners, all sell, sell, sell. Sell to me CHEEP CHEEP! :p

Depends on how you view it. Price at 2500 psf, but sales are not moving much. Whereas in OCR, price at relatively high psf, but sell like hot cakes. That in itself indicate something already mah.

Pungol watertown priced at 1300 psf for a 1 bedder MM is quite ridiculous leh. But still sell like hot cakes.

teddybear
16-03-12, 19:11
1 sentence:
"No amount of govt laws & regulations & nagging can cure people's stupidity!"

They always believe they are smarter than the other fool out there they will be able to sell to!"

Didn't govt says developers must label the size of the units, must build proportionally the show flats, must draw in correct proportions on the floor plan (not distortions like single bed appear like King-size bed)? :banghead:

Lol personally, I think people mostly buying it for investment. They themselves not intending to stay there. So, they have no idea how small it is. When they get the keys, they will know...

reuters
16-03-12, 19:36

I also agree that 1,300psf for Punggol is too expensive.... Like that I will rather try for East Coast or Buona Vista...

bargain hunter
16-03-12, 22:39
hdb address buyer buay tahan?

Total loss

kane
16-03-12, 22:41
I don't get why the owner of one shenton 20+ floor go and sell at below 2000psf. Good location will show its value eventually.

hyenergix
16-03-12, 22:43
Due to MBS or RWS?

bargain hunter
16-03-12, 22:54
most of the losses are occuring in the $3m to $5m quantum. i find this segment particularly vulnerable to last jan + last dec measures. a playground for foreigners previously (easily buying multiple units of this quantum), it is now dependent on locals. not many locals want to put 40% down (1.2m to 2m) upfront. worse, the euro crisis also meant that rents above 8k are hard to come by + there is a current TOP spree of such condos in 2012/2013.

bargain hunter
16-03-12, 22:55
cannot tahan liao how to wait for eventually? :ashamed1:

I don't get why the owner of one shenton 20+ floor go and sell at below 2000psf. Good location will show its value eventually.

teddybear
16-03-12, 22:56
No holding power, not steady, scared by his agent(s) to sell because their famous tactics to sellers are: "more cooling measures coming, better sell now or never!" Owners scared cannot hold so long, so sell low low loh! Agents get to collect 1% commission, that is $34,150.00 for just coming out with this "famous" 1 sentence! :doh:

Want to know whether their "famous" sentence will be effective or not? First check whether they live in HDB? If in private then check whether live in CCR or OCR? If latter easier to scare them off to sell, former more difficult! Ops!

bargain hunter
16-03-12, 22:58
Aspen Heights $1,300,000 883 sq ft 1473psf Feb-12

Seller bought in mid 1996 at $1.215m 1377psf.

bargain hunter
16-03-12, 22:59
min. 420k loss. sad.

No holding power, not steady, scared by his agent(s) to sell because their famous tactics to sellers are: "more cooling measures coming, better sell now or never!" Owners scared cannot hold so long, so sell low low loh! Agents get to collect 1% commission, that is $34,150.00 for just coming out with this "famous" 1 sentence! :doh:

Want to know whether their "famous" sentence will be effective or not? First check whether they live in HDB? If in private then check whether live in CCR or OCR? If latter easier to scare them off to sell, former more difficult! Ops!

bargain hunter
16-03-12, 23:08
Previously #10-07 $2.02m 1224psf during developer launch in Apr 2007. thin profits but made money.
'

More weak hands?

WATERFORD RESIDENCE 23 Kim Yam Road #10-07 1 153 Strata 2,139,800 13986 1299 28-FEB-2012 Apartment 999 Yrs From 01/07/1841 2010 Resale Private 09 23 239333 Central Region River Valley

teddybear
17-03-12, 08:50
What do all these transactions in March tell you?:cheers1:

FIFTH AVENUE CONDOMINIUM 2,700,000 1,496 Strata 1,805

THE LINCOLN RESIDENCES 2,500,000 1,410 Strata 1,773

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK 2,250,000 1,324 Strata 1,699

CAVENAGH HOUSE 2,565,000 1,636 Strata 1,568

THE WHARF RESIDENCE 1,748,500 1,076 Strata 1,624

teddybear
17-03-12, 08:57
Devil, did you sell your clift?

THE CLIFT MCCALLUM STREET Apartment 1 1,185,750 527 Strata 2,248 Mar-12

dtrax (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=5273), can get profits?

teddybear
17-03-12, 09:09
MARTIN PLACE RESIDENCES MARTIN PLACE Condominium 1 2,350,000 1,044 Strata 2,251 Mar-12:cheers1:

bargain hunter
17-03-12, 11:11
the magic range which has problems seem to be $3 to 5m leh or as per the start of the thread, even larger transactions. $2m+ ones still have buyers and sellers easily can make profits. :)

dtrax
17-03-12, 13:26
Devil, did you sell your clift?

THE CLIFT MCCALLUM STREET Apartment 1 1,185,750 527 Strata 2,248 Mar-12

dtrax (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=5273), can get profits?

one of the top flr. Sell at cost price after factor stamp duty

dtrax
17-03-12, 13:28
MARTIN PLACE RESIDENCES MARTIN PLACE Condominium 1 2,350,000 1,044 Strata 2,251 Mar-12:cheers1:

Yup gross over 600k

MARTIN PLACE RESIDENCES 6 Martin Place #23-08 1 97 Strata 2,350,000 24227 2251 01-MAR-2012 Condominium Freehold 2011 Sub Sale Private 09 23 237990 Central Region River Valley

MARTIN PLACE RESIDENCES 6 Martin Place #23-08 1 97 Strata 1,740,000 17938 1666 25-JUN-2009 Condominium Freehold Uncompleted New Sale Private 09 23 237990 Central Region River Valley

kane
17-03-12, 14:28
What do all these transactions in March tell you?:cheers1:

FIFTH AVENUE CONDOMINIUM 2,700,000 1,496 Strata 1,805

THE LINCOLN RESIDENCES 2,500,000 1,410 Strata 1,773

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK 2,250,000 1,324 Strata 1,699

CAVENAGH HOUSE 2,565,000 1,636 Strata 1,568

THE WHARF RESIDENCE 1,748,500 1,076 Strata 1,624

What? That thinge are still moving along? The mpr unit was sold at a pretty good price.

minority
17-03-12, 15:03
The key difference here is one is completed (= immediately 100% burden) the other is new launch (= worry abt it 4 years later = surely got a bigger idiot to buy from me 4 years later = worse case i can go stay there myself and sell/rent out my HDB)

They all forget their paper profit in HDB might no longer be there 4 years from now. as everything is inter-connected: if condo making money, hdb will also be making money.. if condo not making money... hdb also not making money...

Coz many pple belived in the condo , mall , mrt n river story. I guess most forgot mrt outage can be 6hrs at least. We I guess at most stay home n shop in the mall or jump into the river for a dip with the crocs.

minority
17-03-12, 15:05

It's a quantum game. Build a store room n sell out for 300k also got pple buy. For example Mountbatten suits dungeon unit.

minority
17-03-12, 15:06

Hah hah them chop chop carrot lor... N wait for CM6

minority
17-03-12, 15:15
Aspen Heights $1,300,000 883 sq ft 1473psf Feb-12

Seller bought in mid 1996 at $1.215m 1377psf.

During 2009 psf is 1000psf

rattydrama
17-03-12, 17:43
Hah hah them chop chop carrot lor... N wait for CM6

cm6 will be a big headache if it comes. I am not sure who will be happy to see that coming.

The 3-5m quantum units are most sold at a lost now or owner to keep if got holding power.

i guess the gov just want to flood the market with lots of ECs and hopefully HDB upgraders will sell their hdb flats and move to their dream home.. make Singaporean happy first...now including the 2nd time buyer hor.

the resale flat will be absorbed by the foreigners and more buses introudced by the transport minister seems to suggest that.:eek:

wakaka....i am infected!!

teddybear
17-03-12, 20:44
Is to make foreigners (including PRs) happy is it? Those foreign workers (not foreign-talents or expats) who need to buy resale HDB flats ones?

cm6 will be a big headache if it comes. I am not sure who will be happy to see that coming.

The 3-5m quantum units are most sold at a lost now or owner to keep if got holding power.

i guess the gov just want to flood the market with lots of ECs and hopefully HDB upgraders will sell their hdb flats and move to their dream home.. make Singaporean happy first...now including the 2nd time buyer hor.

the resale flat will be absorbed by the foreigners and more buses introudced by the transport minister seems to suggest that.:eek:

wakaka....i am infected!!

dtrax
17-03-12, 20:46
What? That thinge are still moving along? The mpr unit was sold at a pretty good price.

this one no brainer mah seriously, recession drop frm 1.9 to 1.5-1.6k psf. Potential 2k and over based on Rivergate. Recovery sure huat

rattydrama
17-03-12, 21:43
Is to make foreigners (including PRs) happy is it? Those foreign workers (not foreign-talents or expats) who need to buy resale HDB flats ones?

haha.. hopefully all these foreigners will absorb the 2nd hand flat at much higher price, stay n work hard another few years to pay for the mortgage, married and convert to singaporeans for the sake of their children. Perhpas continue to vote these policy makers into parliment. sounds like a win-win situation.

old singaporeans too much complaints liao. lol

rattydrama
17-03-12, 21:49
actually observed some of my interest projects did drop quite a fair bit over the last 2 months. The resale has the hardest hit now.

easily like 100-300k down as compared to 4 months back.

looks like its coming down.

kane
17-03-12, 22:48
actually observed some of my interest projects did drop quite a fair bit over the last 2 months. The resale has the hardest hit now.

easily like 100-300k down as compared to 4 months back.

looks like its coming down.

What quantum are you looking at?

teddybear
17-03-12, 23:26
Not true lah, still have buyer for this one:
ST THOMAS SUITES 4,263,668 2,013 Strata 2,118 Feb-12

the magic range which has problems seem to be $3 to 5m leh or as per the start of the thread, even larger transactions. $2m+ ones still have buyers and sellers easily can make profits. :)

blackjack21trader
18-03-12, 06:10
Methink you guys still did not realise the CM5 effectively make private condos equivalent to Executive Condos ? How so ?

since foreigners cannot buy ECs and HDBs in the first place anyway. Now we have CM5 increasing the entry barrier for the foreigners. So the value perception between an ECs and a private condo is now blurring. I think that is why private condo resale is not taking off but ECs and new OCR condos are selling like hot cakes.

JMHO

:doh:

minority
18-03-12, 06:23
Methink you guys still did not realise the CM5 effectively make private condos equivalent to Executive Condos ? How so ?

since foreigners cannot buy ECs and HDBs in the first place anyway. Now we have CM5 increasing the entry barrier for the foreigners. So the value perception between an ECs and a private condo is now blurring. I think that is why private condo resale is not taking off but ECs and new OCR condos are selling like hot cakes.

JMHO

EC have tons of restriction plus even if u have $$$ cannot buy. Now it's all Sgp buyers. Not so much foreign.

devilplate
18-03-12, 10:42

JMHO

Many of us oredi mentioned this lor....

Woahahahaha

devilplate
18-03-12, 10:43
EC have tons of restriction plus even if u have $$$ cannot buy. Now it's all Sgp buyers. Not so much foreign.
It makes things even better rite since we r seeing more hdb upgradders in the market now among local buyers

teddybear
18-03-12, 11:39
To piss off all the old Singaporeans like me so that they will vote for the Opposition? :beats-me-man:

haha.. hopefully all these foreigners will absorb the 2nd hand flat at much higher price, stay n work hard another few years to pay for the mortgage, married and convert to singaporeans for the sake of their children. Perhpas continue to vote these policy makers into parliment. sounds like a win-win situation.

old singaporeans too much complaints liao. lol

teddybear
18-03-12, 11:41
4-years SSD for private properties like 5-years MOP for HDB flats? :doh:

JMHO

bargain hunter
18-03-12, 12:26
sure there is. but not easy to find. and i assume the seller bought at 1900psf during developer launch in feb 2007 (before the real big run to jul 07), that means just 11% GROSS after 5 years. this range really either selling for squeezed profits or at losses.

Not true lah, still have buyer for this one:
ST THOMAS SUITES 4,263,668 2,013 Strata 2,118 Feb-12

minority
18-03-12, 13:53
To piss off all the old Singaporeans like me so that they will vote for the Opposition? :beats-me-man:

Singaporean very hard to please. ;) buyers want cheap housing Owners wants house to increase as much as possible to sell then want cheap housing..

:doh: :doh:

C bay siong.....

lufu
18-03-12, 14:37

potential buyers will be very happy. after CM5, developer started giving cash back and discount. e.g.

FEO gives 2-3% furniture voucher. It fact there is no voucher to speak of, this is a cash cheque given to buyer without affecting Caveat price. There are other developers doing this too. All giving "under table" cash back.

All these done without affecting caveat price and earlier buyer will still think they got a good deal. Especially those before CM5. Those who bought after CM5 are the ones laughing.

and if buyer don't declare their "furniture voucher" they're actually withdrawing more money out of their CPF or bank loan.

Of course now there are many more waiting for CM6 to come.

Over the course of time, if MAS or URA don't put a stop to this cashback thing, Caveat price can no longer be trusted.

rattydrama
18-03-12, 15:37
maybe you're pissed off but not at the point you will show it with your vote. :D haha

rattydrama
18-03-12, 15:38
What quantum are you looking at?one is around 2.xm and the other is around 1m.also waiting for reflections but still no luck. LOL

rattydrama
18-03-12, 15:41
potential buyers will be very happy. after CM5, developer started giving cash back and discount. e.g.

FEO gives 2-3% furniture voucher. It fact there is no voucher to speak of, this is a cash cheque given to buyer without affecting Caveat price. There are other developers doing this too. All giving "under table" cash back.

All these done without affecting caveat price and earlier buyer will still think they got a good deal. Especially those before CM5. Those who bought after CM5 are the ones laughing.

and if buyer don't declare their "furniture voucher" they're actually withdrawing more money out of their CPF or bank loan.

Of course now there are many more waiting for CM6 to come.

Over the course of time, if MAS or URA don't put a stop to this cashback thing, Caveat price can no longer be trusted.

i will go for resale for now, not new launch.

kane
18-03-12, 15:50
i will go for resale for now, not new launch.

Those resale transactions posted here are starting to look more interesting.

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 13:24
finally a huge quantum transaction in D1:

#28-01 to #37-01 of MBR

Marina Bay Residences $6,300,000 1970 sq ft 3198psf

but wait, transactions for comparable units within the same floor range are:

3049psf in Mar 2010 and 3200psf in Apr 2010. Hardly any appreciation in the past 2 years.

Seller should still be making a profit if he had bought from developer in late 2006 i assume.

kane
20-03-12, 13:42
For a moment i thought it was 1970psf... Haha.

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 14:04
bay view 1970*1970 = 3.88m, no money also must form consortium to grab! hahaha

For a moment i thought it was 1970psf... Haha.

amk
20-03-12, 14:21
a good price for this old bt timah project:

FIFTH AVENUE CONDOMINIUM FIFTH AVENUE Condominium 1 2,700,000 1,496 Strata 1,805 Mar-12

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 14:23
One Jervois $1,500,000 990 sq ft 1515psf Mar-12

lowest psf/quantum recorded for a 990 sq ft 2 bedder in 2 years. 7 previous transactions from 1560 to 1636psf from Apr-10 till now.

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 14:33
Regency Park $5,350,000 3175 sq ft 1685psf Mar-12 Good deal. :D

Previous transactions of similar units lower:

1600psf Apr-10
1638psf Aug-10

Previous transactions of similar units higher:

1701psf Apr-11
1732psf Oct-11
1779psf Oct-10
1779psf Jan-11
1779psf Mar-11
1800psf Jan-11
1811psf Jun-11
1833psf Sep-11
1855psf Aug-11

amk
20-03-12, 14:39
bay view 1970*1970 = 3.88m, no money also must form consortium to grab! hahaha
need another 2009 style recession :

05/05/2009 #44-01 $1880 $3,682,000

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 14:40
Beaufort on Nassim $3,600,000 1496 sq ft 2406psf Mar-12

3 other previous transactions of bigger units at higher psf of 2593psf, 3099psf and 3299psf

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 14:44
old is good. :)

new 2 year high at:

Kum Hing Court $3,235,000 1625 sq ft 1990psf Mar-12

Range is tight though as low is 1784psf and difference can be accounted for by condition of the unit.

a good price for this old bt timah project:

FIFTH AVENUE CONDOMINIUM FIFTH AVENUE Condominium 1 2,700,000 1,496 Strata 1,805 Mar-12

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 15:00
St Regis Residences Singapore $4,900,000 2142 sq ft 2288psf Mar-12

http://www.cdl.com.sg/srr/pdf/c43.pdf

quite nice what, why is there a rush to get out of st regis?

lowest quantum recorded for a 4 bedder in the past 2 years. units of similar sizes sold at between 2501psf to 2810psf (6 other units).

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 15:30
lowest psf recorded for a 3+study or 4 bedder at:

Cairnhill Crest $3,500,000 2013 sq ft 1739psf Mar-12

This is a 4 bedder on Stack 1.

Previous transactions for stack 1 both at 2050psf on May-10 and Feb-11.

5 other transactions for the 1970 sq ft 4 bedders on stack 6 at 1920 to 2188psf.

13 other 1733 sq ft 3+study units transacted at 1893 to 2200psf.

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 15:35
Lowest psf recorded for a 3 bedder at:

Urbana $2,180,000 1313 sq ft 1660psf Mar-12

5 previous transactions at 1700 (feb-12) to 2018psf

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 15:38
Lowest Psf recorded at:

Scotts 28 $3,050,000 1636 sq ft 1864psf Mar-12

17 previous transactions at 1950 to 2250psf.

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 15:43
Lowest psf recorded (excluding #20-06 PH with 2nd floor only roof terrace+pool) for 3 bedder at:

Cairnhill Residences $2,330,000 1163 sq ft 2004psf.

11 previous transactions at 2031 to 2569psf.

dtrax
20-03-12, 19:45
howhow, what if all these transactions even at 07 still easily few hundred k profits not including rental and also got HDB buyer. Some [probably] pay in cash or no loan which new sale caveat not even recorded

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 20:03
no issue right? they are just trying to raise their liquidity level. anything can sell quickly sell?

howhow, what if all these transactions even at 07 still easily few hundred k profits not including rental and also got HDB buyer. Some [probably] pay in cash or no loan which new sale caveat not even recorded

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 20:06
actually i m wondering, is it really no caveat = no loan/paid in full for cash?

and also conversely, i know of friends who once bought unit, even before taking any loan, the caveat lodged liao. my friends said they din lodge caveat leh. who lodges these caveats? :confused: their kpo lawyer?

dtrax
20-03-12, 20:16
actually i m wondering, is it really no caveat = no loan/paid in full for cash?

and also conversely, i know of friends who once bought unit, even before taking any loan, the caveat lodged liao. my friends said they din lodge caveat leh. who lodges these caveats? :confused: their kpo lawyer?

depends, i bot unit no loan no caveat. After I took loan 2yrs later the caveat was lodged (probably by the law firm)

teddybear
20-03-12, 20:41
All these transactions say 1 thing: MND very effective in cooling CCR property prices especially the big size ones!

But wait a minute, did many people complain that big size CCR properties are too expensive? Who want to buy these big size CCR properties CHEEP CHEEP? Not many Singapore citizens can afford them! So they cool these for who to buy CHEEP CHEEP? Food for thought isn't it? :beats-me-man:

On the other hand, many Singapore citizens complaining why resale HDB flats so expensive?
Why that OCR private properties like WaterTown can sell $1350 psf average so expensive?
Oh my! Is MND sleeping? Aren't they suppose to cool the resale HDB flats and OCR private properties instead? So they only interested to cool that big sized expensive CCR private properties only? :banghead:

no issue right? they are just trying to raise their liquidity level. anything can sell quickly sell?

bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)
Exalted

lowest quantum recorded for a 4 bedder in the past 2 years. units of similar sizes sold at between 2501psf to 2810psf (6 other units).

4 Hours Ago #372 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=247283&postcount=372) bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)
Exalted

Cairnhill Crest

5 other transactions for the 1970 sq ft 4 bedders on stack 6 at 1920 to 2188psf.

4 Hours Ago #373 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=247284&postcount=373) bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)
Exalted

3 bedder at Urbana

4 Hours Ago #374 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=247285&postcount=374) bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)
Exalted

Scotts 28
Lowest Psf recorded at:

4 Hours Ago #375 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=247286&postcount=375) bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)
Exalted

Cairnhill Residences
Lowest psf recorded (excluding #20-06 PH with 2nd floor only roof terrace+pool) for 3 bedder at:

bargain hunter
20-03-12, 21:51
i agree with this.

but i think this (CCR big quantum fall) is more of an unintended side effect (which so happens to happen first! :scared-1: ). MND's thinkiing is probably OCR will eventually cool after say a quarter after CM5, while the number of individuals affected in CCR is minimal (and possibly more foreigners affected than locals) compared to the number of citizens affected in OCR.

even many years ago, eg 07, government also said their regulations are less tuned to CCR ie left to fend for themselves be it super chiong or super lao sai. :ashamed1:

All these transactions say 1 thing: MND very effective in cooling CCR property prices especially the big size ones!

But wait a minute, did many people complain that big size CCR properties are too expensive? Who want to buy these big size CCR properties CHEEP CHEEP? Not many Singapore citizens can afford them! So they cool these for who to buy CHEEP CHEEP? Food for thought isn't it? :beats-me-man:

On the other hand, many Singapore citizens complaining why resale HDB flats so expensive?
Why that OCR private properties like WaterTown can sell $1350 psf average so expensive?
Oh my! Is MND sleeping? Aren't they suppose to cool the resale HDB flats and OCR private properties instead? So they only interested to cool that big sized expensive CCR private properties only? :banghead:

bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)
Exalted

4 Hours Ago #372 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=247283&postcount=372) bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)

Exalted

Cairnhill Crest

4 Hours Ago #373 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=247284&postcount=373) bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)

Exalted

3 bedder at Urbana

4 Hours Ago #374 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=247285&postcount=374) bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)

Exalted

Scotts 28

Lowest Psf recorded at:

4 Hours Ago #375 (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=247286&postcount=375) bargain hunter (http://forums.condosingapore.com/member.php?u=2080)
Exalted

Cairnhill Residences

kane
20-03-12, 22:06
The market players for the $3.5m and upwards quantum aren't as obvious. So the weak hands fall prey to the strong hands. You need to have real holding power to play that space.

teddybear
21-03-12, 08:06
Is it unintended? I am not sure though. From the on-set, some of us already know that the new CM has nothing to do with cooling OCR private property market and resale HDB flat prices. Think you better go more to coffeeshops to listen to coffeeshops' talks, many possible theories can be picked up from there. :p

Actually their 10% ABSD CM give me a very good idea to suggest to them to help protect Singapore citizens! They the govt should impose a 10% flat additional income tax on all foreigners! This will ensure that the companies bring in only real foreign talents and willing to absorb the 10% tax for them! This will also help the lower middle-income workers to keep their jobs and avoid being stolen from the cheap foreign workers! Citizen forumers here, what say you? If they don't implement such pro-citizens policies (just like they say implement 10% ABSD for our own good), you know what to do? :o:ashamed1:

i agree with this.

but i think this (CCR big quantum fall) is more of an unintended side effect (which so happens to happen first! :scared-1: ). MND's thinkiing is probably OCR will eventually cool after say a quarter after CM5, while the number of individuals affected in CCR is minimal (and possibly more foreigners affected than locals) compared to the number of citizens affected in OCR.

even many years ago, eg 07, government also said their regulations are less tuned to CCR ie left to fend for themselves be it super chiong or super lao sai. :ashamed1:

devilplate
21-03-12, 11:01
remember some of us toking about big units vs MMs in 2010/2011

dont go against the trend.....

see who mati first?

wakakakakaka

bullman
21-03-12, 11:28
In current market climate, big CCR units more suitable for own stay. Owners with less holding power are more willing to negotiate now. As bargain-hunter has kindly pointed out, there are many instances of value buy in the above 3M quantum.

However, if one is looking for fire-sales, then I guess still have to wait patiently.

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 12:03
yes. good value but not fire sales yet. :ashamed1: has to be for own stay for now, rental yield is hardly decent. from investment point of view, large cash downpayment also reduces leverage and returns and increases opportunity costs!

In current market climate, big CCR units more suitable for own stay. Owners with less holding power are more willing to negotiate now. As bargain-hunter has kindly pointed out, there are many instances of value buy in the above 3M quantum.

However, if one is looking for fire-sales, then I guess still have to wait patiently.

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 12:07
but we also concluded that we can consider big units for next cycle. :D

remember some of us toking about big units vs MMs in 2010/2011

dont go against the trend.....

see who mati first?

wakakakakaka

devilplate
21-03-12, 17:21
but we also concluded that we can consider big units for next cycle. :D
next cycle.....

2010/2011 still in bull trend.....

when we r seeing downtrend, den we tok about wat to buy for next uptrend

so moral of the story: dont go against the trend

IMO, as long LTV 60% stays and ABSD 10% for foreigners stays, i wun touch big unit CCR.......wait till removed liao den we tok about it again ;)

Poloclub
21-03-12, 17:48
IMO, as long LTV 60% stays and ABSD 10% for foreigners stays, i wun touch big unit CCR.......wait till removed liao den we tok about it again ;)

good point there. do you think that people buying CCR property are more driven by the potential of making more money rather than affordability.

starrynight
21-03-12, 19:07
Many thanks for posting these!

Lowest Psf recorded at:

yjcai
21-03-12, 20:09
next cycle.....

2010/2011 still in bull trend.....

when we r seeing downtrend, den we tok about wat to buy for next uptrend

so moral of the story: dont go against the trend

i am so your fan.

amk
21-03-12, 21:01

U say only lah. Tomo marina bay residences 4x-01 offering 1800 psf will you cheong ? Sure any time. ;)

The truth is, real fire sales are hard to come by.

And if the 60% thing and ABSD thing are removed, there will be no more opportunities.

so now actually is the opportunity to look for real fire sales... if u have the capacity.

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 21:16
i think so too (the opportunity), but i am not sure how long this window will be, just these few months or up to 2 years?

i think bro devil doesn't like to be stuck for 2 years.

U say only lah. Tomo marina bay residences 4x-01 offering 1800 psf will you cheong ? Sure any time. ;)

And if the 60% thing and ABSD thing are removed, there will be no more opportunities.

so now actually is the opportunity to look for real fire sales... if u have the capacity.

devilplate
21-03-12, 21:18

Mbr 1800psf? U oredi said firesale hard to come by at this point in time

I am betting tat CMs will be removed during a downtrend.....got chance to buy by den

Going forward, upside limited by cm5 and downside unlimited.....

I am sure u will only buy when there is a significant discount from current value ;)

devilplate
21-03-12, 21:21
i think so too (the opportunity), but i am not sure how long this window will be, just these few months or up to 2 years?

i think bro devil doesn't like to be stuck for 2 years.
This period isnt a window of opportunity to buy.....its rather the last window of opportunity to sell for those weak hands before any major correction imo (provided u can find a buyer to offer close to current value)

kane
21-03-12, 21:26
those that are showing up as 10% down from the peak, are those common deals? like what amk mentioned, are those few and far between that are pretty hard to come across. cos i can't seem to find those from classifieds and online. are they like private hush hush deals?

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 21:26
ok, then the window of opportunity is in 2 years time. :D

This period isnt a window of opportunity to buy.....its rather the last window of opportunity to sell for those weak hands before any major correction imo (provided u can find a buyer to offer close to current value)

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 21:31
some are hush hush, some are pretty fast, ie once a deal pops up, its snapped up.

the thing is, if what bro devil expects comes true, u can soon expect such 10% discount deals to be on the market longer due to lack of buyers and they will come on classifieds and online (and be unable to find buyers). :D and soon it will be 20% discount.......

wakakakakakaka (oh no, i've been infected)

those that are showing up as 10% down from the peak, are those common deals? like what amk mentioned, are those few and far between that are pretty hard to come across. cos i can't seem to find those from classifieds and online. are they like private hush hush deals?

devilplate
21-03-12, 21:33
ok, then the window of opportunity is in 2 years time. :D
Can be a slow death or sudden death......hehe

devilplate
21-03-12, 21:35
some are hush hush, some are pretty fast, ie once a deal pops up, its snapped up.

the thing is, if what bro devil expects comes true, u can soon expect such 10% discount deals to be on the market longer due to lack of buyers and they will come on classifieds and online (and be unable to find buyers). :D and soon it will be 20% discount.......

wakakakakakaka (oh no, i've been infected)
Yes....in 08, gd deals r rare.....den suddenly so many gd deals appear during jan-april09 :D

Lets wakakakaka!

kane
21-03-12, 21:39
Yes....in 08, gd deals r rare.....den suddenly so many gd deals appear during jan-april09 :D

Lets wakakakaka!

those bonus deals came and went very quickly.

devilplate
21-03-12, 21:44
those bonus deals came and went very quickly.
U serious anot? I wished i hf infinite ammo during tat period.....there r quite a number of deals....but must be fast(able to commit within few hrs) and willing to pay agt comm

Currently, i nvr even monitor now....really no point......just wait for scary black swan event and global stocks to plunge first ;)

Sti below 2k again? Wakakaka

kane
21-03-12, 21:46
U serious anot? I wished i hf infinite ammo during tat period.....there r quite a number of deals....but must be fast and willing to pay agt comm

Currently, i nvr even monitor now....really no point......just wait for scary black swan event and global stocks to plunge first ;)

i'll be honest to say, i only did 1 then. of course we would wish for infinite ammo. but no such luck. and 4months is really a short time, you can't even blink.

devilplate
21-03-12, 21:48
i'll be honest to say, i only did 1 then. of course we would wish for infinite ammo. but no such luck. and 4months is really a short time, you can't even blink.
Unlikely to have another 4-6mths short downturn again liao.....tats a miracle actually....nxt one cud be a decade long! Who knows?

teddybear
21-03-12, 21:50
Let's wait till 2015 and see. You say last opportunity to sell for weak hands.
I say last opportunity to buy before CCR move up in 2013-2014 (not OCR because that ones already peak liao). :p

devilplate
21-03-12, 21:51
And i believe u monitor the wrong project tat time too! There are so many gd deals for eg one amber, southbank......u can get gd deals from developers too like wharf residence, martin plc, kovan residences, waterfront waves, dakota residence....all of them got either starbuys or general px reduction

teddybear
21-03-12, 21:53
So many good deals are because many people scared to buy, saying deals not good enough, must wait for better deals! Even all the agents and insiders all also scared don't dare to buy because the future is totally black! :doh:
Who knows, within 1 year the black cloud disappeared! :D

Lets wakakakaka!

devilplate
21-03-12, 21:53
I say last opportunity to buy before CCR move up in 2013-2014 (not OCR because that ones already peak liao). :p
Hehe....

We all sounds like mr b.....time will tell in 2-3yrs time....wakakaka

teddybear
21-03-12, 21:54
Nobody can say sure what you said is not possible, but I forsee that the chance of what you said happening is like 1% only! :p

U serious anot? I wished i hf infinite ammo during tat period.....there r quite a number of deals....but must be fast(able to commit within few hrs) and willing to pay agt comm

devilplate
21-03-12, 21:57
So many good deals are because many people scared to buy, saying deals not good enough, must wait for better deals! Even all the agents and insiders all also scared don't dare to buy because the future is totally black! :doh:
Who knows, within 1 year the black cloud disappeared! :D

Global dark clouds can disappear....its possible but upside really limited by cm5 leh......unless govt make some adjustment? Or u got some insider news? I really dun tink foreigners will come back in droves and willing to pay for xtra 10% leh.....

Ley say global economy recovers, investors can always buy let say london, hk and usa ppty leh....no 10% absd

kane
21-03-12, 21:57
And i believe u monitor the wrong project tat time too! There are so many gd deals for eg one amber, southbank......u can get gd deals from developers too like wharf residence, martin plc, kovan residences, waterfront waves, dakota residence....all of them got either starbuys or general px reduction

i saw martin pl and kovan residences then. but i didn't think it was great deals then. of course, at hindsight, i should have bought the biggest available unit then, but no such luck lor.

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 22:02
i agree with you on 2015 that CCR will have bottomed and OCR on the way down. but i am not sure if CCR will move up in 2013-2014. anyway, happy CCR buying between 2012 and 2014 everyone. :)

and yes, i have to be like mr b but confess i really dunno. anyone has clues, please share here. is the CCR bottom in 2012, 2013 or 2014 hehehe.

hyenergix
21-03-12, 22:03
Singapore's economy is very open. We move from boom to bust and back to boom very quickly. The boat will always come back to pick up more passengers. Make sure you board at the next landing!

devilplate
21-03-12, 22:04
i saw martin pl and kovan residences then. but i didn't think it was great deals then. of course, at hindsight, i should have bought the biggest available unit then, but no such luck lor.
Actually casa merah considered gd deal too....if not for lehman bro, developers wun sell cheap....centris can get for 600-650psf tat time too!

Basically there r many gd subsale deals during tat period....seller din sell at a loss but to me its a great deal :D

kane
21-03-12, 22:05
you don't know it's a landing until the boat has left. that's usually the case.

hyenergix
21-03-12, 22:07
i agree with you on 2015 that CCR will have bottomed and OCR on the way down. but i am not sure if CCR will move up in 2013-2014. anyway, happy CCR buying between 2012 and 2014 everyone. :)

and yes, i have to be like mr b but confess i really dunno. anyone has clues, please share here. is the CCR bottom in 2012, 2013 or 2014 hehehe.

2012 is likely to be relatively okay for properties due to US election. However 2013 will be challenging for those not near MRT stations (for non-landed). This is my view, and should not be taken as advice for timing your property sale or purchase!

devilplate
21-03-12, 22:09

can forget about ppty for now....can only fry stocks....;)

now just tcss lor.....hehehe

DC33_2008
21-03-12, 22:12
How about Iskandar property?

kane
21-03-12, 22:15

i hate the gapping in stocks nowadays. open gap up or gap down. makes it feel like casino.

devilplate
21-03-12, 22:17
How about Iskandar property?
Me no msia ppty guru.....

My frens and relatives in msia advise me dun touch.....they told me kl fringe areas goodie....but i nvr explore further.....just keep some RM to earn 3%FD

Imo, iskandar ppty can only buy for cap gain...no rental prospect one lor....

ur eastspring mip not bad....but now pricing abit high leh....got chance dip below $1 again?

devilplate
21-03-12, 22:20
i hate the gapping in stocks nowadays. open gap up or gap down. makes it feel like casino.
I am waiting for entry point now....

Just tcss for time being....wakakaka

DC33_2008
21-03-12, 22:22
Got to wait for major correction to see eastpring mip drops. Yup, property in malaysia is not for rental. Retiring in Iskandar may not be too bad with marina and sea view as compared to Reflection with so expensive view towards the marina plus oil refinery.

My frens and relatives in msia advise me dun touch.....they told me kl fringe areas goodie....but i nvr explore further.....just keep some RM to earn 3%FD

ur eastspring mip not bad....but now pricing abit high leh....got chance dip below $1 again?

kane
21-03-12, 22:28

sure got chance of capital gain. they have so much palm oil land to develop. there's no scarcity of supply... i'm less bullish on malaysian properties.

teddybear
21-03-12, 22:30
Their land is like >200x of Singapore, but their population only 4x of Singapore, how to have good chance of capital gain? :doh:

sure got chance of capital gain. they have so much palm oil land to develop. there's no scarcity of supply... i'm less bullish on malaysian properties.

kane
21-03-12, 22:34
Their land is like >200x of Singapore, but their population only 4x of Singapore, how to have good chance of capital gain? :doh:

it's closer to paper money, almost endless supply probably in our lifetime at least.

DC33_2008
21-03-12, 22:37
Singaporean may go over to JB on the M2H (Malaysia my 2nd home) scheme to invest property and buy a malaysian reg car and drive over to singapore as COE is hitting beyond $80,000 today and rising healthcare services.

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 22:38
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/283785/for-sale-one-tree-hill-residence

developer launch prices for the only 5 such units (#12 to #16-03): jun 06 1605psf, nov 06 1687psf mar 07 1792psf and 1813psf, 1 caveat not lodged.

how, asking price is now at 2007 mar, before huge run up prices liao and locked in at pathetic yield. any takers?

kane
21-03-12, 22:42

developer launch prices for the only 5 such units (#12 to #16-03): jun 06 1605psf, nov 06 1687psf mar 07 1792psf and 1813psf, 1 caveat not lodged.

how, asking price is now at 2007 mar, before huge run up prices liao and locked in at pathetic yield. any takers?

the dining room window view looks like you're staring down at your neighbour, or your neighbour can probably see what you're having for dinner. otherwise, the other facing looks good. But i find the thin strip of layout a little undesirable... location wise, it's probably at the prime prime...

devilplate
21-03-12, 22:50
Singaporean may go over to JB on the M2H (Malaysia my 2nd home) scheme to invest property and buy a malaysian reg car and drive over to singapore as COE is hitting beyond $80,000 today and rising healthcare services.
Yes possible...

But i dun see myself doing tat.....dun hf to drive in sg if i cant afford....dun hf to stay in condo if i cant afford too :D

teddybear
21-03-12, 22:53
In 1 of the lousier area in Orchard. Not that convenient over there without a car.

the dining room window view looks like you're staring down at your neighbour, or your neighbour can probably see what you're having for dinner. otherwise, the other facing looks good. But i find the thin strip of layout a little undesirable... location wise, it's probably at the prime prime...

devilplate
21-03-12, 22:56

Teddybear, for u to grab!

I will become weak holder if i were to buy 4mil at 8.3k.....me no such holding power

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 22:58
you said you didn't see any fire sale, this is one. advertised for quite awhile already. still available. :ashamed1:

just fyi, the 2750psf mentioned was achieved by a much smaller 3 bedder.

no 4 bedder of this size has been sub sold or resold since launch.

the only 4 bedder resale was for a larger unit of 2454 sq ft #16-01 (highest floor other than ph) bought at 1513psf in jun 06 and resold in feb 2010 at 1838psf.

devilplate
21-03-12, 22:59
In 1 of the lousier area in Orchard. Not that convenient over there without a car.
But i tot quite exclusive area wor....dun haf to be very near to malls and mrt for such ppty rite?

The problem wif this project is lack of facilities....puny pool too! But view very nice for tat unit leh

kane
21-03-12, 23:00

That area everyone owns a car leh.

teddybear
21-03-12, 23:01
You have not seen those that are exclusive within but just walk <500m can reach ION or Wheelock Place? And these condo estates have full facilities as well! Those are the primest prime in Orchard... :beats-me-man:

But i tot quite exclusive area wor....dun haf to be very near to malls and mrt for such ppty rite?

The problem wif this project is lack of facilities....puny pool too! But view very nice for tat unit leh

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 23:02
pple like to compare with neighbouring project right?

one tree hill residence is sandwiched between parkview eclat and cliveden @ grange wor. 2 of the most power projects on grange road.

why huh? super super discount to neighbour and almost equally new also no one want ah?

wakakakakaka

kane
21-03-12, 23:04
You have not seen those that are exclusive within but just walk <500m can reach ION or Wheelock Place? And these condo estates have full facilities as well! Those are the primest prime in Orchard... :beats-me-man:

Nassim prime enough?

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 23:06
for above 10th floor (all 3 bedders on 10th or below floor), the 2 4-bedders on each floor are back to back. the unit faces south, ie gets road noise from grange road. the bigger unit neighbour will face north and look in the direction of teddy's prime of prime. ;)

devilplate
21-03-12, 23:14
pple like to compare with neighbouring project right?

one tree hill residence is sandwiched between parkview eclat and cliveden @ grange wor. 2 of the most power projects on grange road.

why huh? super super discount to neighbour and almost equally new also no one want ah?

wakakakakaka
Ya lor....parkview eclat 3600psf and 11mio last yr lor! This one 4mil can stay beside liao! No nid 11mio!

However no endorsement from our ccr guru teddybear wor....

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 23:15
but still..........nobody wants......

Ya lor....parkview eclat 3600psf and 11mio last yr lor! This one 4mil can stay beside liao! No nid 11mio!

devilplate
21-03-12, 23:18
but still..........nobody wants......
I believe if the unit is not tenanted....prolly oredi sold.....

bargain hunter
21-03-12, 23:48
1) it shows the state of rental of the 2000+ sq ft 4 bedroom market.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8306633/for-sale-one-tree-hill-residence

another one tenanted at 8.5k also wanna sell

2) http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7441993/for-sale-one-tree-hill-residence re 1st floor plan

this is a stack 3 unit, ie same stack as the 4 bedder but < 10 floor. given how small the bedrooms are and how thin the 4 bedder's living room looked as kane mentioned, i doubt the fire sale unit has a very exciting layout. :ashamed1:

I believe if the unit is not tenanted....prolly oredi sold.....

stl67
22-03-12, 11:49
anyone knows this project? Good buy? Any chance for enbloc in the future?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8911260/for-sale-sommerville-park

devilplate
22-03-12, 12:11

Not so gd buy compared to 1treehill wor

devilplate
22-03-12, 12:14
1) it shows the state of rental of the 2000+ sq ft 4 bedroom market.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8306633/for-sale-one-tree-hill-residence

another one tenanted at 8.5k also wanna sell

2) http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7441993/for-sale-one-tree-hill-residence re 1st floor plan

this is a stack 3 unit, ie same stack as the 4 bedder but < 10 floor. given how small the bedrooms are and how thin the 4 bedder's living room looked as kane mentioned, i doubt the fire sale unit has a very exciting layout. :ashamed1:
Wat i meant was tat once unit is tenanted out, can only attract investors.....how to sell to investors wif such rental yield rite? If sell vacant, can attract homebuyers mah.....can seriously consider if got 4mio to spare ......view not bad.....quite new and beside super expensive project :D

bargain hunter
22-03-12, 14:12
Asking lower than the lowest caveat price ($5.95m) in the last 2 years.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6108749/for-sale-grange-infinite

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8825622/for-sale-grange-infinite

project has 68 units. 16 sold in 07 peak, mostly at 3000+psf.

52 sold to ARA Dragon fund (said to be at around 2700psf). Dragon fund managed to flip out 11 or 12 units. stuck with remaining 40 units. last year sue chip eng seng said "not luxurious enough".

chip served them with 21 day notice for #20-03 and #36-01, ARA asks for injuction: http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_D92393B11205AA1F482579C20017BF5B/$file/CES_FollowuponSuit498_16Mar12.PDF?openelement

messy messy messy. buyer beware.

bargain hunter
22-03-12, 14:22
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/7018581/for-rent-grange-infinite

$8.096m caveat price asking for $13,800 = 2% GROSS yield. excellent. :D

DC33_2008
22-03-12, 14:28
Those properties near the marina in Iskandar can be accessed by: MRT/LRT, Car and ferry. Not bad.
Yes possible...

But i dun see myself doing tat.....dun hf to drive in sg if i cant afford....dun hf to stay in condo if i cant afford too :D

stl67
22-03-12, 14:31
Not so gd buy compared to 1treehill wor

agree but 1treehill quantum is 4mio...unless can negotiate a bit... strange is why the rental is so low..

yaozong7
22-03-12, 15:05
Those properties near the marina in Iskandar can be accessed by: MRT/LRT, Car and ferry. Not bad.

If you talking abt the likes of Puteri Harbour, its more risky I feel...MRT more or less confirmed to be at JB Sentral area. I distrust 'grand projects' like Puteri Harbour with potentially limited human flow..

Tropez is better lah. Sea view, freehold, 5 mins by car to JB Sentral and mixed development. Somemore, Tony Fernandez set up Tune Hotel nearby...He has the inside connections.....

If you got spare cash, you can buy and hold till MRT is built in 10 years time. Probably can treble the returns at least. If no spare cash, it could be risky as interest rate is higher there.....

bargain hunter
22-03-12, 15:15
its tough times for units looking for >$8k rentals. supply in this segment is increasing but demand is not.

agree but 1treehill quantum is 4mio...unless can negotiate a bit... strange is why the rental is so low..

bargain hunter
22-03-12, 15:21
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9124048/for-sale-miro

close to lowest 2 bedder caveat of $2.1m for also 1302 sq ft (1612psf). but still not cheap. :ashamed1:

gn108
22-03-12, 15:31
Too big and will be too expensive. Buy coz you like it - not for EB factor.

stl67
22-03-12, 15:45
Too big and will be too expensive. Buy coz you like it - not for EB factor.

This one is a family investment and I am task to look for good deal..Can still wait..

bargain hunter
22-03-12, 15:49
try bargain down one tree hill unit to $3.5m? Good Luck! :)

This one is a family investment and I am task to look for good deal..Can still wait..

gn108
22-03-12, 15:50
Buy for rental (yield) or cap gain? But en bloc in general in dead ...big/small, LH/FH, all dead.
Slack activity and new rules by KBW makes it very challenging for developers to buy EB sites.

amk
22-03-12, 16:01
Sommerville is a very very old project. huge land. quite run down. u need very extensive renovations.

however the location is very very good. very quiet and peaceful. can walk to the market. and now even has MRT.

enbloc may not be easy, since the quantum will be high.

haiz.. not so long ago the townhouse was only selling like 2.xM only. now 5-6M already. no guts to go in at that time (2003)

stl67
22-03-12, 16:15
Buy for rental (yield) or cap gain? But en bloc in general in dead ...big/small, LH/FH, all dead.
Slack activity and new rules by KBW makes it very challenging for developers to buy EB sites.

No 1 objective is for capital gain
No 2 objective is for rental yeild

Ricade
22-03-12, 19:42
Capital gains in this mkt is not easy lah.. It's anybody's guess whether mkt is continuing the up move or not. But 1 thing is definite and that is interest rate will not remain at current low level.

For your family investment, either hold it off or get a ppty with quite decent yield in good location. That way even when mkt condition worsens, u will have the confidence to hold on to the property even when prices are depressed.

Make sure ur family's cash flow also not affected!

hyenergix
22-03-12, 21:16
its tough times for units looking for >$8k rentals. supply in this segment is increasing but demand is not.

Quite a lot of mfg companies r with holding their expansion plans in Singapore. They r exploring regional countries instead. Big units r really in trouble.

gn108
23-03-12, 10:06
I agree with the advice given above.

Cap gain is capped and rates will eventually normalise (definitely within the normal mortgage time-frame).

Anyway, family means bro/sis or wife/children? If bro/sis - my suggestion is don't get into that for property and if you do - get one that is newly TOP (so all can see the product) and just rent it out for yield.

No 1 objective is for capital gain
No 2 objective is for rental yeild

wannabe
26-03-12, 16:56
Does anyone know what the seller paid for this unit?

ST REGIS RESIDENCES SINGAPORE TANGLIN ROAD Apartment 1 4,900,000 2,142 Strata 2,288 Mar-12

$2288 seems very low for similar sized units

bargain hunter
26-03-12, 17:31
i think dtrax hinted that there's still a slight profit for this one even at this price.

Does anyone know what the seller paid for this unit?

ST REGIS RESIDENCES SINGAPORE TANGLIN ROAD Apartment 1 4,900,000 2,142 Strata 2,288 Mar-12

$2288 seems very low for similar sized units

bargain hunter
26-03-12, 17:36
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9193943/for-sale-one-devonshire

mai tu liao!

wannabe
26-03-12, 17:42

mai tu liao!
lol.... definitely a typo...

devilplate
26-03-12, 17:49
can also put $1 den bracket 'price on ask'

dtrax
26-03-12, 18:05
lol ok mai tu liao.. going offer

ONE DEVONSHIRE 1 Devonshire Road #36-05 1 386 Strata 5,913,000 15319 1423 04-AUG-2009 Condominium Freehold Uncompleted New Sale Private 09 23 239896 Central Region River Valley

bargain hunter
26-03-12, 20:50

he very fast wor. quickly changed back to 1496 sq ft from 4196 sq ft typo. u called him and harrassed him is it? :D

kane
26-03-12, 21:44
so many hungry vultures lurking in this forum, no wonder the showrooms are still so busy... ha.

wannabe
26-03-12, 22:37

he very fast wor. quickly changed back to 1496 sq ft from 4196 sq ft typo. u called him and harrassed him is it? :D
lolz... no la i not so boliao. I cant afford an additional 3m place for investment.
2m still can try. Got a friend looking for CCR condo, so helping him keep
a lookout.

bargain hunter
27-03-12, 14:02
lower and lower...

AUG-11 2940
OCT-11 2649
OCT-11 2644
DEC-11 2574
MAR-12 2570

the last 4 transactions repeatedly set fresh 2 year low psfs.

all units are a standard 2024 sq ft.

getting close (within 10%) of 2006 launch prices before luxury segment run-up liao.

wannabe
27-03-12, 14:25
lower and lower...

AUG-11 2940
OCT-11 2649
OCT-11 2644
DEC-11 2574
MAR-12 2570

the last 4 transactions repeatedly set fresh 2 year low psfs.

all units are a standard 2024 sq ft.

getting close (within 10%) of 2006 launch prices before luxury segment run-up liao.

Ya but the quantum too big for me to digest.
Jia buey Loh. lol

bargain hunter
27-03-12, 14:37
in general, it is clear that foreigners were supporting this segment with this kind of quantum and after Dec measures, they would need a much bigger discount to start buying again.

Ya but the quantum too big for me to digest.
Jia buey Loh. lol

starrynight
28-03-12, 19:20
Hi Bargain Hunter,

Since you have access to the detailed (SISV?) records, can you do a big favour and post the unit number for these 2 units? I'm keen on Rivergate, and see that the prices are beginning to come down as well.

RIVERGATE ROBERTSON QUAY Apartment 1 2,742,740 1,507 Strata 1,820 Mar-12
RIVERGATE ROBERTSON QUAY Apartment 1 2,100,000 1,055 Strata 1,991 Mar-12

bargain hunter
28-03-12, 20:58
its not me, its bro dtrax who has access. :ashamed1: my other source only updates me occasionally and the rest i simply get from The Edge magzine if they write about it. :)

Hi Bargain Hunter,

Since you have access to the detailed (SISV?) records, can you do a big favour and post the unit number for these 2 units? I'm keen on Rivergate, and see that the prices are beginning to come down as well.

RIVERGATE ROBERTSON QUAY Apartment 1 2,742,740 1,507 Strata 1,820 Mar-12
RIVERGATE ROBERTSON QUAY Apartment 1 2,100,000 1,055 Strata 1,991 Mar-12

starrynight
28-03-12, 21:26
its not me, its bro dtrax who has access. :ashamed1: my other source only updates me occasionally and the rest i simply get from The Edge magzine if they write about it. :)

Thanks anyway :)

kane
28-03-12, 21:36
the rivergate boat hopefully is coming back... missed it the last round.

bargain hunter
28-03-12, 22:05
but it looks defensive for now. should be one of the last to fall.

the rivergate boat hopefully is coming back... missed it the last round.

kane
28-03-12, 22:14
but it looks defensive for now. should be one of the last to fall.

Rest of river valley hovering around the 1400-1700psf range yes?

bargain hunter
28-03-12, 22:19
not so low also, depends on age. but everyone asking 2000psf lah. :D can sell or not is another thing.

Rest of river valley hovering around the 1400-1700psf range yes?

kane
28-03-12, 22:29
I am mistaken then. Was following some of the post here and thought the price pull back. 2k psf stillno pullback ah.

bargain hunter
28-03-12, 22:50
asking din pullback.

but for e.g. the 2 transactions in aspen heights so far this year is in the 14xxpsf range. standard units transacted in past 2 years were in the 12xx to 1600psf range. so its around mid point. can be considered just a slight ease off.

I am mistaken then. Was following some of the post here and thought the price pull back. 2k psf stillno pullback ah.

bargain hunter
30-03-12, 14:00
The Lincoln Residences $2,942,000 1841 sq ft 1598psf Mar-12

surely, this 4 bedder is a better deal than a 4 bedder at Sky Habitat?

teddybear
30-03-12, 14:15
To most new launch buyers, it is a lousy deal to buy Lincoln Residences! Why? :pBecause:
1) Have to come out with 40% cash upfront and get the 60% loan immediately instead of just 20% cash upfront and the other 20% can wait 3 years if buy Sky Habitat
2) SSD payable period over before TOP for Sky Habitat so can flip, don't have to be stuck for 4 years holding the physical property and deal with tenants.
3) Banks may not match valuation of resale / sub-sale transaction price for Sky Habitat, got to come out with more CASH!

devilplate
30-03-12, 14:41
To most new launch buyers, it is a lousy deal to buy Lincoln Residences! Why? :pBecause:
1) Have to come out with 40% cash upfront and get the 60% loan immediately instead of just 20% cash upfront and the other 20% can wait 3 years if buy Sky Habitat
2) SSD payable period over before TOP for Sky Habitat so can flip, don't have to be stuck for 4 years holding the physical property and deal with tenants.
3) Banks may not match valuation of resale / sub-sale transaction price for Sky Habitat, got to come out with more CASH!
How do u noe? R u one of them? :p

august
30-03-12, 15:15

quantum for sky habitat probably a lot lesser at $2m...

devilplate
30-03-12, 15:32
their 4bdr 17xxsqft hor

unless crapland last min shrink the sizes ....but den may not gel wif the facade anymore....wakakakkaa

insigina
30-03-12, 15:34

Lincoln Res 4 bedders have alot of left-over. The view is blocked and there is one stack west facing. The 3+1 there is a better buy but I was put off by the mass of concrete left, right & centre.

teddybear
30-03-12, 15:36
Wah, you so clever? Nothing beat being involved as insider! However, I am very diversified and I shift my money around, so tikam a bit small small never mind since gov purposely open such opportunity for 20% LTV (equivalent) and another 20% deferred payment for 3 years for new launch vs resale? Furthermore quantum very small only since even 3BRs only 9xx sqft (even got 3BRs 6xx sqft), so tikam tikam a bit, waiting for next greater fool to take over! ha ha! :ashamed1:

How do u noe? R u one of them? :p

insigina
30-03-12, 15:36
their 4bdr 17xxsqft hor

unless crapland last min shrink the sizes ....but den may not gel wif the facade anymore....wakakakkaa

Its quite odd. The 3 bedder is 12xx sqft and the next jump is 4 bedder 17xx sqft. It'll be better if its 14xx sqft then the quantum jump may not be so much

teddybear
30-03-12, 15:39
Cannot because you have to discount 20% useless space. How to squeeze 4 BRs and still tell people it is a 4 BR and space so small?

Its quite odd. The 3 bedder is 12xx sqft and the next jump is 4 bedder 17xx sqft. It'll be better if its 14xx sqft then the quantum jump may not be so much

devilplate
30-03-12, 15:44
Wah, you so clever? Nothing beat being involved as insider! However, I am very diversified and I shift my money around, so tikam a bit small small never mind since gov purposely open such opportunity for 20% LTV (equivalent) and another 20% deferred payment for 3 years for new launch vs resale? Furthermore quantum very small only since even 3BRs only 9xx sqft (even got 3BRs 6xx sqft), so tikam tikam a bit, waiting for next greater fool to take over! ha ha! :ashamed1:
wise of u to abandon ccr and move on with the trend :p

devilplate
30-03-12, 15:46
http://www.skyhabitat-bishan.sg/floor_plans.html

actually smallest 4bdr starts from 1539sqft

i am curious to see 721sqft 2bdr layout.....shd be the hottest buy

bargain hunter
30-03-12, 15:47
if they stick to 1700psf for their 1776 sq ft 4 bedder, the quantum is 3m wor. refer to:

if they reduce to 1600psf and sell their smallest sized 4 bedder at 1539sq ft unit at 1600psf then yes, 2.5m. 1776 sq ft they will need to sell at 1500psf to make the difference "significant" enough at 2.66m

insigina
30-03-12, 15:53
if they stick to 1700psf for their 1776 sq ft 4 bedder, the quantum is 3m wor. refer to:

if they reduce to 1600psf and sell their smallest sized 4 bedder at 1539sq ft unit at 1600psf then yes, 2.5m. 1776 sq ft they will need to sell at 1500psf to make the difference "significant" enough at 2.66m

Honestly, do you think such prices in bishan LH99 can sell? Some people say Bedok Res is (was) hot due to the full integration factor but even today you can walk in and have your pick of 4 bedder below 2m.

bargain hunter
30-03-12, 15:55
deleted...

devilplate
30-03-12, 15:56
Honestly, do you think such prices in bishan LH99 can sell? Some people say Bedok Res is (was) hot due to the full integration factor but even today you can walk in and have your pick of 4 bedder below 2m.
99lh condos >2mil very tough to move......foreigners mostly out of the game and locals can hf the option of FH ulu landed with 2mil budget

insigina
30-03-12, 15:57
that agent's website said the smallest 4 bedder is 1539 sq ft. so maybe not too big a jump afterall.

Due to the sky garden factor, I heard there is only one unit 1539. Could be wrong.

insigina
30-03-12, 15:59
99lh condos >2mil very tough to move......foreigners mostly out of the game and locals can hf the option of FH ulu landed with 2mil budget

Precisely. So how can they move 17xxsqft at 2.5mil or thereabouts:beats-me-man:

teddybear
30-03-12, 15:59
Abandon CCR? Oh my gosh! I would never abandon CCR - they are my CORE holdings. The rest are just for tikam-ing, like buying new launch at obscene prices! Buying new launch is just like buying TOTO, you can get rich just by betting on TOTO all your life? :cheers1:
Just more for fun than to hope to make money! We just have to move with the flow, and buying new launch is all about higher leverage (20% LTV equivalent), 20% deferred payment scheme for next 3 years, and hopefully flip to next greater fool.... :p

wise of u to abandon ccr and move on with the trend :p