PDA

View Full Version : The property crash that will never come:

Pages : [1] 2 3

blackjack21trader
19-09-11, 08:25
Until the 1970s, amount of currency in our World was limited by the quantity of gold. This is because in pre-70s, the US$ was pegged to the gold value. During that era, there were few advanced economies like Japan or Hong Kong in Asia. As a matter of factly, there were more under developed economies than developed economies. This system placed a limit on the advancement of technology and the growth in GDP in general. Because there were only such limited amount of US$ allowed in the global system. If you are discerning enough, you would realise the World did not make much advancement in computer technology until after the 70s. And herein lies the answer to this article I am going to enlighten you.

After the termination of US$ against gold, it means that gold is no longer a form of currency limiter. This gave the Central Banks much power to print paper currency. This is good as it removed the cap or limit on the amount of growth of GDP and also the research on the advancement of technologies. From the 70s till 2008, we saw remarkable progress in GDPs of emerging economies all around the globe. Standard of livings was increasing at a rapid rate in economies like China and India. If ever the US$ was still pegged to gold, this would not have happened. And how so ? Simply because there will not be enough US$ to circulate among these emerging economies. This is the arrival of the New Era: Post Bretton Woods.

So, after understanding correctly the function of liquidity in a global system, it would not be difficult to see what will happen next: The Arrival of the Golden Era...2012-2015. Which, I shall continue to explain in further details what is going to happen and describe what is the likely scenario in my next writeup.

To be Continued.

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore!

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 08:43
Look forward to the Golden Era. :)
Until the 1970s, amount of currency in our World was limited by the quantity of gold. This is because in pre-70s, the US$ was pegged to the gold value. During that era, there were few advanced economies like Japan or Hong Kong in Asia. As a matter of factly, there were more under developed economies than developed economies. This system placed a limit on the advancement of technology and the growth in GDP in general. Because there were only such limited amount of US$ allowed in the global system. If you are discerning enough, you would realise the World did not make much advancement in computer technology until after the 70s. And herein lies the answer to this article I am going to enlighten you.

After the termination of US$ against gold, it means that gold is no longer a form of currency limiter. This gave the Central Banks much power to print paper currency. This is good as it removed the cap or limit on the amount of growth of GDP and also the research on the advancement of technologies. From the 70s till 2008, we saw remarkable progress in GDPs of emerging economies all around the globe. Standard of livings was increasing at a rapid rate in economies like China and India. If ever the US$ was still pegged to gold, this would not have happened. And how so ? Simply because there will not be enough US$ to circulate among these emerging economies. This is the arrival of the New Era: Post Bretton Woods.

So, after understanding correctly the function of liquidity in a global system, it would not be difficult to see what will happen next: The Arrival of the Golden Era...2012-2015. Which, I shall continue to explain in further details what is going to happen and describe what is the likely scenario in my next writeup.

To be Continued.

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore!

devilplate
19-09-11, 09:10
His stocks duno can recover anot.....:rolleyes:

thomastansb
19-09-11, 09:29
Property always go up and down. There is no such thing call forever up or forever down. Usually about 10 years for 1 major crash. You can also say that is the amount of time people take to over-spent.

land118
19-09-11, 09:48
think no crash, but minor correction...is what BJ21 is saying:2cents:

blackjack21trader
19-09-11, 09:49
In order to maintain the high liquidity level in the system to spur growth, interest rates have to be kept low for a considerable period.

This low interest rate environment is a leveraged opportunity cost, that is, it raises the purchasing power of the middle income and narrows the gap between the middle income and the wealthy. How so is it an opportunity cost?

It is an opportunity costs to those who are unable, unwilling or have failed to capitalise on this leverage factor. In short, those that capitalised on this opportunity will have a significant advantage of the lesser ones.

Property assets have their cycle, true indeed. But their current drop will not be below their previous drop. It is of a higher and higher lows after every cycle. The World will sail on by and a significant portion of the middle class will remain in the class due to inflationary asset values in the Golden Era. (2012-2015)

That is why I have no worries about my stock portfolio, which eventually the markets have to factor in this asset inflation rate.

To Be Continued.
神龙股侠。
nil sine labore.

land118
19-09-11, 09:57
yes..., Golden Era - pls come :D

buttercarp
19-09-11, 10:02

Yes, yes.....like the Tang Dynasty which was one of China's Golden Ages, lasted almost 300 years.

blackjack21trader
19-09-11, 10:04

Yes, brother land118.. it will come.

Very simple logic as this: Show you an example:

If you have $1M cash, with an inflation rate of 6%,
1 year later, it will be worth $940,000 in real purchasing power terms.

So, is it not logical to take a little risk/some risks to invest in assets like property and blue-chips ?

At least a year later, the capital rise in asset value could help you hedge the inflation rate.

Of course, now the developers are at their weakest taken into consideration the perceived risks level in the global economic environment. But is it not also the best time to bargain the best price for yourself? I know of one smart buyer managed to bargained a $1000psf mass market condo from a developer for only $800psf just a few days ago.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore!

ysyap
19-09-11, 10:59
Golden era for buyers or for developers or for everybody? Most agree that 2012/3 might see a price correction in our property prices. Is that golden or just a silver lining in the already sky high property prices?

blackjack21trader
19-09-11, 11:52
Golden era for buyers or for developers or for everybody? Most agree that 2012/3 might see a price correction in our property prices. Is that golden or just a silver lining in the already sky high property prices?

good question- a stimulating query. well, i guess we have to ask if the price is high relative to what or who. relative to disposable income- whose disposable income and how much is it. is the price still relatively high after you put aside inflationary rate or projected inflationary rate of say 5-6 % ?

then after you sold ur current asset, can you find a similar priced asset with similar attributes ? same location ? slightly smaller in size ( not more than 500sqft difference ) ? same neighbors ?

well, i would have to seek inspiration from my third eye. To be Continued.

land118
19-09-11, 11:57

So, is it not logical to take a little risk/some risks to invest in assets like property and blue-chips ?

At least a year later, the capital rise in asset value could help you hedge the inflation rate.

Of course, now the developers are at their weakest taken into consideration the perceived risks level in the global economic environment. But is it not also the best time to bargain the best price for yourself? I know of one smart buyer managed to bargained a $1000psf mass market condo from a developer for only $800psf just a few days ago.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore! Bro BJ21, I am with you on property (medium-long term) and selected blue-chips ..:2cents:

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 13:23
You are not wrong to say that. The property trend is obvious. Just have good holding power and leverage on someone's money. :cool:
good question- a stimulating query. well, i guess we have to ask if the price is high relative to what or who. relative to disposable income- whose disposable income and how much is it. is the price still relatively high after you put aside inflationary rate or projected inflationary rate of say 5-6 % ?

then after you sold ur current asset, can you find a similar priced asset with similar attributes ? same location ? slightly smaller in size ( not more than 500sqft difference ) ? same neighbors ?

well, i would have to seek inspiration from my third eye. To be Continued.

Jadey
19-09-11, 14:23

At least a year later, the capital rise in asset value could help you hedge the inflation rate.!

logical or not, it really depends on timing and also if the price correction is deep enough. If property price doesnt correct by more than 15%, I would rather put my $1m into other assets such as gold and blue-chips, or even penny stocks.

How fast can Singapore property rise within a year? 5%? 10%?, and how many years can it continue to grow as this rate before government intervention?

blackjack21trader
19-09-11, 14:45
logical or not, it really depends on timing and also if the price correction is deep enough. If property price doesnt correct by more than 15%, I would rather put my $1m into other assets such as gold and blue-chips, or even penny stocks.

How fast can Singapore property rise within a year? 5%? 10%?, and how many years can it continue to grow as this rate before government intervention?

---deleted to protect novice readers----

LOL

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 15:28
Invest 1 million in Gold and Blue Chips now? :confused: or you have already put in? :scared-3:

Jadey
19-09-11, 16:22
Invest 1 million in Gold and Blue Chips now? :confused: or you have already put in? :scared-3:

gold is a cumulative long term invest which I have build up over the years. So far its return is not worst than investing in property actually. only difference is that you cant leverage with gold.

blue chips? Now is not the time

shauntanzs
19-09-11, 16:37
Everyone is talking n waiting for 2012/2013. With so much liquidity waiting on the side line, I do not think the correction will be anything deep. Probably 15% max? :beats-me-man:

devilplate
19-09-11, 16:46
Either slight correction of 1-5% or a big crash of 20-30%:2cents:

But i believe not much meat to have big crash.....up another 20% followed by a big crash wud be vy nice:D :hell-hath-no-fury:

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 17:15
Now gold is $1818. Physical Gold has no dividen but have GST. If US$ drop further. :doh: Furthermore
gold is a cumulative long term invest which I have build up over the years. So far its return is not worst than investing in property actually. only difference is that you cant leverage with gold.

Jadey
19-09-11, 17:16
Everyone is talking n waiting for 2012/2013. With so much liquidity waiting on the side line, I do not think the correction will be anything deep. Probably 15% max? :beats-me-man:

I am waiting for some major shake up in the banking industry. once european banks starts to pull funds out of Asia and Singapore, there will be major retrenchment...prime rental market will collapse, so will price.

howgozit
19-09-11, 17:20

Forgive my novice question.

How do you get returns from gold? I thought you need to capitalise the appreciation right? Which brings you back to square 1 before you buy again at a presumably lower price (plus 7% gst with physical gold). If you don't sell but accumulate long term without selling, it is averaging up the price of your holdings.

How is that better than say property or blue chips where apart from capital appreciation there is rental and dividends to be considered.

Thanks!

howgozit
19-09-11, 18:03

The argument of inflation rate is one of the main driving forces that is sending Singaporeans banging on the doors of developers to buy a property.

But if you look at the overall appreciation of Singapore property in the last 5 years, you will see that property price increases far far outstrips the inflation rate. Take note that property prices are not captured in the CPI but rental charges are.

To me, it means that people are paying too much for property. By buying on an uptrend to an already inflated property price we are self-fulfilling the prophecy of "hedging" the inflation. Spelling potential financial disaster in the future.

If our fundamentals are right, we should at least see a tapering or plateu of the property values if not a decline for real wages to catch up before we can see a robust and sustainable growth in the property prices.

devilplate
19-09-11, 18:10
The argument of inflation rate is one of the main driving forces that is sending Singaporeans banging on the doors of developers to buy a property.

But if you look at the overall appreciation of Singapore property in the last 5 years, you will see that property price increases far far outstrips the inflation rate. Take note that property prices are not captured in the CPI but rental charges are.

Y only consider last 5yrs?

Y not consider a bigger picture and longer period from 1997?:p

howgozit
19-09-11, 18:22
Y only consider last 5yrs?

Y not consider a bigger picture and longer period from 1997?:p

If consider since 1997, I think property price increase vs inflation is even more dramatic mah....:scared-3:

devilplate
19-09-11, 18:25
If consider since 1997, I think property price increase vs inflation is even more dramatic mah....:scared-3:
Where got....:confused:

U taking 2005/06 which is the bottom just before px starts to chiong up.....before tat been flat since 2000

Every yr inflation 3-5% leh

Compounded inflation since 97 will be?

If wana play cheat and make the figures nicer, choose mid 96 whereby ppi was at the peak lor....whahahaha:p

devilplate
19-09-11, 18:38
Hmmm....did a check....i tink yearly inflation only about 1.5% since 97.....lol

Tats vy low! Hahaha

howgozit
19-09-11, 18:41
Where got....:confused:

U taking 2005/06 which is the bottom just before px starts to chiong up.....before tat been flat since 2000

Every yr inflation 3-5% leh

Compounded inflation since 97 will be?

If wana play cheat and make the figures nicer, choose mid 96 whereby ppi was at the peak lor....whahahaha:p

Ok... hahaha you've got a point.

Btw, the average inflation rate since 1962 is 2.73%, sorry I don't know how far back to go would make a good comparison. I just think that paying an escalating price to "hedge" the inflation of current already inflated prices may not be a good idea. Just my 1cent:scared-5:

hyenergix
19-09-11, 18:44
Singapore is now much more developed, n stable compared to US and EU, even China. An oasis in a desert... A harbour in a storm... We will b attracting more immigrants n hot money.

kane
19-09-11, 18:48
How about measuring property prices relative value against a meal in a food court in the last 10 years?

devilplate
19-09-11, 18:50
Ok... hahaha you've got a point.

Btw, the average inflation rate since 1962 is 2.73%, sorry I don't know how far back to go would make a good comparison. I just think that paying an escalating price to "hedge" the inflation of current already inflated prices may not be a good idea. Just my 1cent:scared-5:
I noe wat u mean too:)

Ok we all noe caspian and double bay was launched at the previous trough at a px of about 650psf. If u believe nxt trough will be higher, den expect both projects to drop to 750-800psf during nxt big crash? Isit realistic?

I am actually hoping or waiting to see caspian/dbr hit 1100psf.....den from there crash by 30% to 770psf:2cents: :D

kane
19-09-11, 19:22

Ok we all noe caspian and double bay was launched at the previous trough at a px of about 650psf. If u believe nxt trough will be higher, den expect both projects to drop to 750-800psf during nxt big crash? Isit realistic?

I am actually hoping or waiting to see caspian/dbr hit 1100psf.....den from there crash by 30% to 770psf:2cents: :D

That would be a fair assessment.

thomastansb
19-09-11, 20:26
Rental market move in tandem. If prime rental collapse, sub urban rental will be shit.

I am waiting for some major shake up in the banking industry. once european banks starts to pull funds out of Asia and Singapore, there will be major retrenchment...prime rental market will collapse, so will price.

amk
19-09-11, 20:28
How about measuring property prices relative value against a meal in a food court in the last 10 years?

Just by memory, from 2001 to 2011 pty prices jump between 200 to 300%. a meal in food court jumps < 200%. Pty prices definitely rise higher than inflation.

yjcai
19-09-11, 20:33
With a 2 mill population assuming rosy liquidity in 1997. Bishan was 1100 psf back then. But have we bust the peak yet? NO. Now liquidity is the key with cheap money. I dare to say this bubble will not burst until we see 2000 psf bishan. now too early. But again nobody got crystal ball to predict the crash with correction along the way.

mygeemeel
19-09-11, 20:35

I sold my caspian with good price and i won't be keen on it even if it falls 30%. There will be so many better ones that will also fall 30% that I can choose from.

Jadey
19-09-11, 21:05

Try measuring its value to the weight in gold

Jadey
19-09-11, 21:08
Rental market move in tandem. If prime rental collapse, sub urban rental will be shit.

rental yield for sub urban are generally higher than those in prime district, so how could sub urban rental market be worst of than prime district?

kane
19-09-11, 21:11
Try measuring its value to the weight in gold

i choose food because that was the most basic, but if we take gold, gold is up about 4x!

Worsty
19-09-11, 21:15
rental yield for sub urban are generally higher than those in prime district, so how could sub urban rental market be worst of than prime district?

He probably meant absolute rental amount and not yield.

Worsty
19-09-11, 21:19
i choose food because that was the most basic, but if we take gold, gold is up about 4x!

2001...yr when ipod first came out.. I think aapl at least 30x now

sh
19-09-11, 21:22
He probably meant absolute rental amount and not yield.

in the last, last recession (asian currency crisis). prime location can get crap rental.:( crap location got no rental.:mad:

Empty for months.... that's why I'm sticking to prime.....:D

howgozit
19-09-11, 21:37

Double Bay hitting $1100psf is highly possible if My Manhattan continues hovering at the ridiculous psf $1200, but Aug figures for DBR show a trending downwards to below $900psf. You may not need a big crash to see prices reaching 770psf.

ysyap
19-09-11, 22:02
Double Bay hitting $1100psf is highly possible if My Manhattan continues hovering at the ridiculous psf $1200, but Aug figures for DBR show a trending downwards to below $900psf. You may not need a big crash to see prices reaching 770psf.Any other districts seeing weakening home prices? Is the fear of recession finally getting to the housing market?

devilplate
19-09-11, 22:04
I sold my caspian with good price and i won't be keen on it even if it falls 30%. There will be so many better ones that will also fall 30% that I can choose from.
I m not soliciting anyone to buy or sell caspian la

Its rather a guide to gauge market peak

devilplate
19-09-11, 22:10
Double Bay hitting $1100psf is highly possible if My Manhattan continues hovering at the ridiculous psf $1200, but Aug figures for DBR show a trending downwards to below $900psf. You may not need a big crash to see prices reaching 770psf.
Which also means stay status quo will be the best strategy den

To sell at 900psf and hoping to buy back at 770psf?

So now the situation is quite clear tat existing owners shd hold on to ppty especially those gd gems....

howgozit
19-09-11, 22:24
Any other districts seeing weakening home prices? Is the fear of recession finally getting to the housing market?

The problem is that the volume is low(only 3 at average $881psf), so it may not positively indicate weakness. But from the agents that I have been speaking with, things are really slow. Developers on the other hand are inching up with optimism. Dunno who to believe.

Anybody seeing other signs?

kane
19-09-11, 22:25
The problem is that the volume is low(only 3 at average $881psf), so it may not positively indicate weakness. But from the agents that I have been speaking with, things are really slow. Developers on the other hand are inching up with optimism. Dunno who to believe.

agents working on resale will tell you things are slow. agents working at treasure trove will tell you things are fast there. just highlights the tale of 2 markets.

phantom_opera
19-09-11, 23:02
M3 actually grows more than 11% from July 2010 to July 2011, if you take away the GDP growth, the rest is inflation ... it is unlikely housing price will go down a lot ... it will basically stay flat until inflation caught up again. For housing price to crash, there must be outright deflation in US/Europe.

Jul 392,197.6
Aug 394,064.5
Sep 397,782.4
Oct 405,537.2
Nov 408,439.1
Dec 410,091.4
Jan 413,235.9
Feb 413,366.0
Mar 420,369.0
Apr 429,545.9
May 429,895.4
Jun 430,835.8
Jul P 438,553.0

phantom_opera
19-09-11, 23:10
The golden opportunity for Tummysick/GIC to cut down exposure on Western banks has gone...

BCS - USD9.6, was $40 in 2007
BAC - USD6.9 was $50 in 2007
UBS - USD11.4 was $60 in 2007

If our CPF is invested in them, May God bless Singapore

chiaberry
19-09-11, 23:22

My agent says everything is slow....resales slow....rentals also slow....only new homes are doing well....

devilplate
19-09-11, 23:27
My agent says everything is slow....resales slow....rentals also slow....only new homes are doing well....
Smart agts will attack EC now....no better time den now:D

kane
19-09-11, 23:27
M3 actually grows more than 11% from July 2010 to July 2011, if you take away the GDP growth, the rest is inflation ... it is unlikely housing price will go down a lot ... it will basically stay flat until inflation caught up again. For housing price to crash, there must be outright deflation in US/Europe.

Jul 392,197.6
Aug 394,064.5
Sep 397,782.4
Oct 405,537.2
Nov 408,439.1
Dec 410,091.4
Jan 413,235.9
Feb 413,366.0
Mar 420,369.0
Apr 429,545.9
May 429,895.4
Jun 430,835.8
Jul P 438,553.0

interesting stats on M3, where can we access this information?

howgozit
20-09-11, 00:32
interesting stats on M3, where can we access this information?

MAS website

https://secure.mas.gov.sg/MSB-XML/Default.aspx

howgozit
20-09-11, 00:33
deleted...... repeat post

howgozit
20-09-11, 00:46

Jul 392,197.6
Aug 394,064.5
Sep 397,782.4
Oct 405,537.2
Nov 408,439.1
Dec 410,091.4
Jan 413,235.9
Feb 413,366.0
Mar 420,369.0
Apr 429,545.9
May 429,895.4
Jun 430,835.8
Jul P 438,553.0

May I know how you interpret the data wrt property movement?

Just before the start of the Asian Financial Crisis in Jun'97 M3 was 156,338.1 but two and half years later in Dec'99 it was 186,183.7 which is nearly a 20% increment. In the meantime, the PPI in the same period fell through the floor.

Jun156,338.1
Jul157,372.5
Aug157,689.0
Sep157,836.7
Oct157,842.5
Nov158,459.9
Dec160,766.0
Jan161,368.7
Feb163,143.4
Mar164,787.9
Apr164,361.5
May165,620.4
Jun165,513.3
Jul167,936.3
Aug168,170.0
Sep169,505.0
Oct169,961.0
Nov170,000.5
Dec173,581.0
Jan174,018.1
Feb174,689.3
Mar175,955.1
Apr176,779.0
May178,503.5
Jun179,560.0
Jul180,411.5
Aug181,448.9
Sep181,834.6
Oct181,214.9
Nov181,400.0
Dec186,183.7

azeoprop
20-09-11, 02:33

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore!

Care to share which development can bargain so much one? 1000psf to 800psf? :p

Now with only 60% loan allowed for 2nd and beyond properties, can't really leavage as much as 80% loan last time. :beats-me-man:

dtrax
20-09-11, 03:46
Care to share which development can bargain so much one? 1000psf to 800psf? :p

Now with only 60% loan allowed for 2nd and beyond properties, can't really leavage as much as 80% loan last time. :beats-me-man:

Step 1: http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/PriceController.jpf
Load all results

Step 2:
Find those new launch properties that have been in the market for sometime and have quite a number of units to clear

Step 3:
Shortlist a few units of your choice and try your luck by contacting the developers one by one directly, works best with boutique developments

DC33_2008
20-09-11, 08:51
Seems that greece may default and Italy may be saved. Greece may have to leave the Euro zone for the sake of Euros. Stock Market will be volatile and home prices may correct. 5-15%?

Jadey
20-09-11, 10:18
Now gold is $1818. Physical Gold has no dividen but have GST. If US$ drop further. :doh: Furthermore

there are many ways to hedge yourself with gold without paying GST.
The reason why people are buying gold is because the market is expecting US$ EUR to fall, not because they expect those currency to remain status quo or go stronger

How much dividend are you getting from your cash at the moment?

Like it or not, gold has been, is still and will continue to be the world currency and it is the only currency which will hedge itself against inflation.

gn108
20-09-11, 11:17
Looks like you have a good honest agent.
The casual agents I see still trying to talk up the market - unless of course when I say I'm selling or renting out.

devilplate
20-09-11, 11:19
Looks like you have a good honest agent.
The casual agents I see still trying to talk up the market - unless of course when I say I'm selling or renting out.

mabe chiaberry wana sell leh? whahaha

agts cfm plus chop say market slow down alot and best time to sell b4 big crash! and den ask u to lower down ur px:D

and when toking to buyers, they will say best time to buy now bcoz sellers r more willing to nego!!! after the uncertainty is over, px will shoot up again! whahahaha

3C
20-09-11, 17:38
Gold will retain its value while the $US turn to tissue paper

Dont be surprise when that happened, overnight your money in the bank become half its value:D

hopeful
20-09-11, 18:04

Dont be surprise when that happened, overnight your money in the bank become half its value:D

just like when CHF was pegged to Euro. Gold in CHF shoot up.

Jadey
20-09-11, 18:19

I have been preparing myself for that to happen. 1880 expensive? wait till it hit 4000..:D

1000g
20-09-11, 18:30

And afterwhich you will go into the market?

phantom_opera
20-09-11, 19:59
May I know how you interpret the data wrt property movement?

Just before the start of the Asian Financial Crisis in Jun'97 M3 was 156,338.1 but two and half years later in Dec'99 it was 186,183.7 which is nearly a 20% increment. In the meantime, the PPI in the same period fell through the floor.

Jun156,338.1
Jul157,372.5
Aug157,689.0
Sep157,836.7
Oct157,842.5
Nov158,459.9
Dec160,766.0
Jan161,368.7
Feb163,143.4
Mar164,787.9
Apr164,361.5
May165,620.4
Jun165,513.3
Jul167,936.3
Aug168,170.0
Sep169,505.0
Oct169,961.0
Nov170,000.5
Dec173,581.0
Jan174,018.1
Feb174,689.3
Mar175,955.1
Apr176,779.0
May178,503.5
Jun179,560.0
Jul180,411.5
Aug181,448.9
Sep181,834.6
Oct181,214.9
Nov181,400.0
Dec186,183.7

You should compare M3 growth every 5y, start from 1990-1995, share your graph here

smallant
20-09-11, 20:32
BOC no want to trade swaps w european banks... hmmm... now european banks credit like toilet paper...
chiam ......

Irony is I seeing more bankers from usa & europe seeking employment here.. :scared-1: And they are not cheap.. likes of Moron stanley.... Golden sex... Out to con me of my coffin $$ with their big talk ,,, :scared-4: which I can barely :scared-4: understand..

Wonder if they trying to pass on some of their "good" habits to us... all crash together ! hehehe

ysyap
20-09-11, 21:09
I have been preparing myself for that to happen. 1880 expensive? wait till it hit 4000..:DYou are very optimistic. 4000 in 2040?

blackjack21trader
21-09-11, 04:18
Many small new projects in Kovan( Upper Serangoon ) area already fully sold for S$1500psf.

I think the data should be out in a few weeks time you can check at URA.

Good Luck.

blackjack21trader
21-09-11, 04:32
The Chinese buyers are still sending their kids here for education and looks like a few of them are buying the MM units here for their kids.

I agree with a Chinese parent during a casual conversation the other day: that they cannot find in the whole of Asia a pre-university education haven like Singapore with qualification fully recognised by top education boards in the World. Education to them provided an opportunity for them to upgrade their standard of living- a chance to gain acceptance on the World's stage so they speak.

I just hope we can maintain this standard and continue to defend our position vigorously.

blackjack21trader
21-09-11, 04:37
4 critical advantages we have currently needs to be DEFENDED VIGOROUSLY:

1) MEDICAL
2) EDUCATION
3) POLITICAL STABILITY & SOCIAL SECURITY ( LOW CRIME RATES )
4) HIGH EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS IN GOVERNANCE

there are many emerging economies around us, if they wake up their ideas, then good luck to us.

blackjack21trader
21-09-11, 04:44
Although China and India middle class are fast overtaking our middle class in the economic sense, they are way behind us on the above points. That is why their rich are still buying up our properties. If one day, with the amount of wealth they gathered and they overtake us in any of the above points...we could become second rated.

hyenergix
21-09-11, 07:33

1) MEDICAL
2) EDUCATION

there are many emerging economies around us, if they wake up their ideas, then good luck to us.

Talking about education, your exam is coming in October. Time to mark your investment results soon.

chiaberry
21-09-11, 07:44
mabe chiaberry wana sell leh? whahaha

agts cfm plus chop say market slow down alot and best time to sell b4 big crash! and den ask u to lower down ur px:D

and when toking to buyers, they will say best time to buy now bcoz sellers r more willing to nego!!! after the uncertainty is over, px will shoot up again! whahahaha

That is probably true.

She has been trying to get us to sell our 10+ year old LH99 for some time. My partner refuses to sell. We bought 4 years ago at a good px and it's fairly easy to rent out (central). 980 sq ft 2 bedder one street away from MRT.

blackjack21trader
21-09-11, 09:23
Talking about education, your exam is coming in October. Time to mark your investment results soon.

dun need to mark la..sure fail liao la..

thanks for reminding ...:doh:

westman
21-09-11, 09:31
dun need to mark la..sure fail liao la..

thanks for reminding ...:doh:

Still can turn table if market turn around. All the best to you.:2cents:

Jadey
21-09-11, 09:55
You are very optimistic. 4000 in 2040?

how fast gold goes up will depend on how quickly US$ depreciate.

Unless we have a global currency to replace US$, else I dont think there is anything that can prevent gold from hitting 4000 in the next 5 to 10 years.

Jadey
21-09-11, 10:00
The Chinese buyers are still sending their kids here for education and looks like a few of them are buying the MM units here for their kids.

I agree with a Chinese parent during a casual conversation the other day: that they cannot find in the whole of Asia a pre-university education haven like Singapore with qualification fully recognised by top education boards in the World. Education to them provided an opportunity for them to upgrade their standard of living- a chance to gain acceptance on the World's stage so they speak.

I just hope we can maintain this standard and continue to defend our position vigorously.

I reckon this will eventually become a zero sum game for demand side.

PM Lee has mentioned that the local uni intake for foreign students will be capped at current level, so no growth can be expected in the tertiary eduction in the next 5 to 10 years.

As for chinese grads, I believe majority will go back to China after graduation as there are plenty more opportunities to make it BIG than in Singapore.

Jadey
21-09-11, 10:02

1) MEDICAL
2) EDUCATION

You forgotten about

5) Tax incentives
6) Money laundering (Casinos)
7) multiracial and multicultural (For NRIs)

Laguna
21-09-11, 10:39

Perhaps to add on
I chatted with a China friend, she wants to go back to China for her retirement. I asked her a simple question : Do u know what sort of food u eat in China and what sort of medical u buy? she had a very deep thought and said....ya, look like cannot retire in China...

devilplate
21-09-11, 10:51
Perhaps to add on
I chatted with a China friend, she wants to go back to China for her retirement. I asked her a simple question : Do u know what sort of food u eat in China and what sort of medical u buy? she had a very deep thought and said....ya, look like cannot retire in China...

reminds me of the recycled cooking oil:scared-1:

Worsty
21-09-11, 12:17

There's also the expressway made of garbage, hairband made of used condoms, baby bamboo shoots made of chopsticks etc etc...

ysyap
21-09-11, 12:41
reminds me of the recycled cooking oil:scared-1:While this may be true in China, I can't help but noticed that Singapore's AVA usually only issue statements of recall or caution after problems arise in other countries! :doh:

Laguna
21-09-11, 14:04
I would like to share this, this happens in HK property market

http://hk.realestate.yahoo.com/column_content.html?author=PHK_TML&id=14401

另外一個主要原因,是港人常說,國內人士炒貴香港樓宇,不是炒貴,而是買賣。況且,他們在購入之後,很少出售。至於銀行借貸,遠低於金管局要求,平均來說,很少超過20%以上。樓款全數付清的人亦不是小數,最主要他們知道港幣貶值,人民幣升值,仍然在港置業,若樓價不升,他們便損失匯水。現在,國內人士對樓市有信心,而我們港人反而出現戒心,此點,令人費解。

This happens in Sg as well.
perhaps 5 years ago, hardly see them. Now they are buying, from mass market to top end, everywhere, into 5s and 10s and blocks. And they come in load of coaches and has become the top foreign buyers...

blackjack21trader
22-09-11, 07:14
I would like to share this, this happens in HK property market

http://hk.realestate.yahoo.com/column_content.html?author=PHK_TML&id=14401

另外一個主要原因,是港人常說,國內人士炒貴香港樓宇,不是炒貴,而是買賣。況且,他們在購入之後,很少出售。至於銀行借貸,遠低於金管局要求,平均來說,很少超過20%以上。樓款全數付清的人亦不是小數,最主要他們知道港幣貶值,人民幣升值,仍然在港置業,若樓價不升,他們便損失匯水。現在,國內人士對樓市有信心,而我們港人反而出現戒心,此點,令人費解。

This happens in Sg as well.
perhaps 5 years ago, hardly see them. Now they are buying, from mass market to top end, everywhere, into 5s and 10s and blocks. And they come in load of coaches and has become the top foreign buyers...

yes indeed. the more uncertain the global outlook, the more valuable will be Singapore assets...I am beginning to see the trend too.

you guys have to verify with your agent friends, I am only looking through my own glasses- remember , must be close friends, otherwise they may any-o-how give their own version of the property market sentiments to you.

smallant
22-09-11, 07:54
chinese... Not only food not safe.. Wine are fake..
Nowdays... they are going to HK & other countries to buy milk powder !
:doh:
SO Spore with education hub.. Medical hub.. Water Hub.. F1 hub... Sports Hub.. Clean water hub... talent Hub.. milk hub.. Investment Hub.. All our hubs will remakes Singapore to remain a highly sought after place ! :D

Properties Rock ! :D

devilplate
22-09-11, 10:10
SO Spore with education hub.. Medical hub.. Water Hub.. F1 hub... Sports Hub.. Clean water hub... talent Hub.. milk hub.. Investment Hub.. All our hubs will remakes Singapore to remain a highly sought after place ! :D

wow....100 in 1 HUB?:cheers6:

qe3 coming, hot money nid a place to go:D

yaozong7
22-09-11, 10:18

Err..... Singapore cooking oil not necessarily safe also. I know of hawkers who use recycled oil to cook their cheap fan4 cai4.

I always wondered why I felt so full halfway through my meal at a particular stall, den I found out the reason.......:doh:

Our AVA always say they v stringent, but they seem reactive rather than pro-active in my view. Always act after food scare in other countries....

rattydrama
22-09-11, 10:26
wow....100 in 1 HUB?:cheers6:

qe3 coming, hot money nid a place to go:D

Inflation up up up make our 1m property look so cheap now.
Looks like there maybe another price adjustment before coming down...

Laguna
22-09-11, 10:30
Inflation up up up make our 1m property look so cheap now.
Looks like there maybe another price adjustment before coming down...

There are better buys elsewhere.
I know of a developer has up the price by 20% in six months..quitely..not in Sg...
this shall be the type of properties to buy where no one noticed it is going up quitely...and before the PRC moved in big scale....
BTW, also consider the loan in what sort of currency

rattydrama
22-09-11, 10:45
There are better buys elsewhere.
I know of a developer has up the price by 20% in six months..quitely..not in Sg...
this shall be the type of properties to buy where no one noticed it is going up quitely...and before the PRC moved in big scale....
BTW, also consider the loan in what sort of currency

SG developer is buying up lands at good location recently while gov satisfying the needs and wants of the locals & new singapreans in lulu places.

Chinese will surely buy @ whatever price the developer asked for the location. Buy now, keep them and sell later.......may not be wise to liquidate all...

Loan can be in other currency for SG property meh?

devilplate
22-09-11, 10:54
Loan can be in other currency for SG property meh?

i dun tink possible if we buy local ppty wor....anyway y wud u want to borrow in other currency? our int rate world LOWEST:spliff2:

except for Japan? japan mortgage rates lower den us?

Lovelle
22-09-11, 11:03
An Abundance of Homes

This month, HDB brings you a joint bumper launch of 8200+ flats! Choose from either the Build-to-Order exercise with 5,415 units or the Sale of Balance Flats exercise with 2,847 units.

Under the Build-To-Order exercise, choose from 7 projects - Waterway Brooks and Waterway Woodcress in Punggol, Anchorvale Harvest and Fernvale Rivergrove in Sengkang, Yio Chu Kang Vista in Ang Mo Kio, Teban View in Jurong East and Golden Peony in Jurong West. Offering a wide range of Studio Apartments, 3-room, 4-room and 5-room flats, pick one to suit your lifestyle needs!

Under the Sales of Balance Flats exercise, choose from units located across 15 towns in Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Merah, Bukit Panjang, Clementi, Hougang, Jurong East, Jurong West, Kallang/Whampoa, Punggol, Queenstown, Sembawang, Sengkang, Tampines, Woodlands and Yishun. Pick from a range of Studio Apartments, 2-room, 3-room, 4-room and 5-room flats.

rattydrama
22-09-11, 11:04
i dun tink possible if we buy local ppty wor....anyway y wud u want to borrow in other currency? our int rate world LOWEST:spliff2:

except for Japan? japan mortgage rates lower den us?

Laguna raised a point which I dont quite understand.

interestingly I got a loan which is SOR +0.5% with saving int 0.8%. So for 2 years, bank is paying me 0.175%.

:spliff:

devilplate
22-09-11, 11:06
Laguna raised a point which I dont quite understand.

interestingly I got a loan which is SOR +0.5% with saving int 0.8%. So for 2 years, bank is paying me 0.175%.

:spliff:

got such deals meh? WOW!

stanchart/uob the best is 75% leh.....:confused:

rattydrama
22-09-11, 11:40
got such deals meh? WOW!

stanchart/uob the best is 75% leh.....:confused:

not now, last year. CIMB.. Now cannot find liao.

agree SC is good. Just checked recently and they are trying to match by giving me 1 year log-in with Y1 0.65% / Y2 0.8% year and that 2-tier stuff.

anyway still continue with citi cos a throughout of .75% was offered with a slight discount for Y1. If sell without 2 years log in still can redem 1.5% by begging another loan or loans with an agreed quantum which in my opinion very low.

:spliff2:

Laguna
22-09-11, 13:37
ya, SCB is my principal banker...
happy with their services

devilplate
22-09-11, 14:07
ya, SCB is my principal banker...
happy with their services

same...for resale/subsale i always go to scb:D

for new launches, depends wat they offer liao....like UOB offering SOR+0%....hahaha....quite gimmicky comes to tink abt it:ashamed1:

rattydrama
22-09-11, 14:48
same...for resale/subsale i always go to scb:D

for new launches, depends wat they offer liao....like UOB offering SOR+0%....hahaha....quite gimmicky comes to tink abt it:ashamed1:

a clue that you must have so much hot cash now ...hehee

SOR+0% and with log in of 4 years from first disbursement of loan......thereafter SOR+1%? Is that the offer?

devilplate
22-09-11, 15:10
a clue that you must have so much hot cash now ...hehee

SOR+0% and with log in of 4 years from first disbursement of loan......thereafter SOR+1%? Is that the offer?
No lock in....but upon TOP the rate become sor+1%....tats only applicable for waterbank la:D

For now, i tink tat dbs cap at 1.49% bestest....anyone got the details?

blackjack21trader
26-09-11, 17:02
Sept. 26 (Bloomberg) -- Luxury home prices in central London climbed the most in 11 months in September, Knight Frank LLP said, as the European sovereign debt crisis encouraged investors to buy less-risky assets.

Values of houses and apartments costing an average of 3.7 million pounds ($5.7 million) rose 11.4 percent from a year earlier, the London-based real-estate broker said in a report today. On a monthly basis, prices rose at the slowest rate since October 2010 as buyers delayed purchases after the worst riots in Britain since the 1980s.

“The Eurozone crisis is probably the biggest concern, primarily because people are very uncertain about what would happen if the euro broke up,” Liam Bailey, head of residential research, said by telephone. That makes assets in the U.K. attractive because they’re denominated in pounds, he said.

On Sept. 20, Italy became the sixth euro-region country this year to have its credit rating downgraded. Two days later, the Stoxx Europe 600 Index slid to the lowest level since July 2009, extending a decline from this year’s high on Feb. 17. The world economy faces high “downside risks,” International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde said in an interview with Tom Keene on Bloomberg Television last week.

Gross domestic product in the euro area will expand 1.7 percent in 2011, less than last year’s 1.8 percent growth, according to the median economist estimate in a Bloomberg News survey.

Russian Buyers

The number of prospective buyers viewing prime central London properties increased by 25 percent in the third quarter from a year earlier, according to the report. Prices are at a record, 4.5 percent higher than the market’s last peak in March 2008.

The U.K.’s record-low interest rates and the pound’s weakness are making central London’s real estate more attractive to overseas buyers, Bailey said. International purchasers now account for 55 percent of luxury-home deals in the city compared with 49 percent a year ago.

“Russians are rising in number at the moment,” Bailey said. “There’s a bit of uncertainty because there’s an election next year and people are looking to invest money overseas.”

Buyers from Russia accounted for 6.3 percent of all purchases in the 12 months through September, followed by the United Arab Emirates with 4.7 percent and the U.S. with 3.9 percent. About 3.2 percent of sales were to French buyers, the highest of any mainland European country.

London Riots

Values rose 0.6 percent in September from a month earlier, the market’s worst performance since prices fell 0.2 percent in October 2010. At the beginning of August, arson and looting in the city’s Tottenham district sparked riots in which more than 3,000 crimes were committed in the capital alone.

“In the final weeks of August and first week of September there was a slowdown in deals being made,” Bailey said. “There was a slight knock-on from the riots, which delayed a few purchases.”

Knight Frank said luxury-home prices will increase by as much as 12 percent this year, maintaining a forecast the broker made last month. Values climbed about 10 percent in 2010.

--Editors: Andrew Blackman, Jeff St.Onge.

told u guys before... see investors scurrying now for safe havens in property. It has only just begun...

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore !

proud owner
26-09-11, 17:09
told u guys before... see investors scurrying now for safe havens in property. It has only just begun...

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore !

or are they taking money out of their own countries into UK ?

devilplate
26-09-11, 18:09
or are they taking money out of their own countries into UK ?
Perhaps coming into sg too?

blackjack21trader
02-10-11, 08:42

yes indeed. you see, the Chinese can keep saving but are unable to invest the major bulk of their cash in their own country. There are restrictions on the number of properties they can buy. Add to this problem is the housing shortages: Yes, you hear me right... the coastal cities are where all the Chinese population are going to concentrate and there is simply not enough urban land for houses there.

That’s from a Reuters description of the scene at a recent show of model apartments at Beijing’s World Trade Center, as printed in the 4/14 issue of the South China Morning Post.

Hong Kongers take a jaundiced view of real estate markets: prices here for everything but the most super-deluxe properties continue to slump well below 1997 peaks. As they watch their Mainland neighbors buy anything and everything with a roof over it, they feel they have seen this bad movie before.

Chinese understandably take pride in their newly gained ability to buy expensive things. Even in sophisticated Hong Kong, people talk with gusto about the prices of everything from watches to tuition at American universities. But the mainland’s mania is not a sign of success – it’s a warning of the likely consequences of China’s imperfect transition from Third World to First World status.

The 4/14 South China Morning Post again reports (in a column I can’t find online) that total bank deposits in China may now equal total deposits in the U.S. Columnist Xavier Wong exults, “Generally speaking, total bank deposits … provide a good gauge of a country’s economic strength.” That might be true, if the two countries in question provided equally attractive non-bank stores of wealth. But that precisely is what China does not do. Financial markets are no place for the Chinese small investor, leaving him or her with two alternatives: bank savings and real estate. Hence the accumulation of savings, hence the zooming property market. People are not shopping for places to live; they are shopping for secure and growing stores of wealth. Hong Kongers know how this cycle ends.

A typical urban worker might earn 500 yuan a month, a little under $75 at the current rate of exchange. An apartment near central Beijing can cost 35,000 yuan per square meter, $570 per square foot. That’s a heck of a price for what an American would regard as very drab high-rise housing.

indeed, the more china tightens on her property to curb a bubble, the more they are going to come here- their next best choice to Hong Kong. I personally also feel Hong Kong has made a bad move by allowing the maid PR status which will create a housing problem soon. That will make the mainlanders even want to come here la.

old news, but similar to the problem in China:

September 17th, 2010
India will face shortage of over 26 million houses by 2012, which would lead to spurt in housing prices as demand-supply gap widens amid rising purchasing power of the middle class people, a consultancy firm has said. “With India back on a high growth trajectory, demand for commercial and residential space is likely to witness an upward trend,” consultancy firm Ernst and Young said in a report.
Demand for residential property is rising sharply because of growing young working population, increasing urbanisation, declining household size resulting in more nuclear families with growing household income and improved availability of loans. Co-chairman of FICCI Real Estate Committee Pranay Vakil said over $1.2 trillion investment was needed to meet the rising demand for urban development.
India Ranked as the 5th Most Attractive Destination for Future Real Estate Investment
Indian Realty News
September 17th, 2010

blackjack21trader
02-10-11, 08:51
old reply by another netizen in another forum, but still applies now:

inChina // Apr 15, 2010 at 12:21 am

a reasonable arguement, if we were taking about a place that was in the west or was based on western systems. but i find that western journalists forget to mention a couple of critical factors leading to the incredible housing prices in china. ( for the record i am an american who has lived in china for 7 years)

1. their is a gigantic housing shortage in china, this applies for all levels (peasants,poor, middle and rich classes) a few weeks ago there was a housing fair(in Hangzhou) similar to the one you mentioned in your article there were 143 apartments available, more than 6000 people showed up(the price per square meter was 27,000RMB per sq Meter), while some of these people might be speculators i seriously doubt that the majority or even a significant minority are. oh and the apartments sold out in 6 minutes. any second hand house in (in a major metro), that doesnt have any significant structural problems will be sold in under a week (the only reason it take that long is that the seller ususally wants to create a bidding war between prospective buyers)
2. Buying a house is a deep cultural norm in China. It took me a few years to get my head around this fact but i have met countless chinese that have mortgages that account for 70% of their take home pay. In addition, you cannot get married in china without an apartment, this small fact has incredible ramifications, and more or less cancels out any comparision to Hong Kong,(there the wife will move into her husbands parents home, this is not the case in china) This leads to a situation were you have a generation of 50somethings underwriting properties for their children. which in turn raises the price of housing.

3. the laws as they relate to education, insurance and other social benefits heavily favor those who own a house. For example if you do not own an apartment you have no chance of sending your children to school in the city you are living in (there are private schools but they are of very poor quality) or applying for even the most basic healthcare options in china.

4. One of the major reasons for the housing shortage is the fact that the government owns every piece of land in this country. For years they followed the hong kong model though thru the years they have altered it to fit a very specfic goal: subsidizing underperforming state owned companies. This practice is not just limited to state owned companies for example Geely the ningbo based car manufactuer that just purchased Volvo is a direct recipient of profit gained from government real estate holdings, they do not even attempt to hide this fact as it is not considered negative in china. their business of selling poorly built cars loses money every year yet they are able to secure large ammounts of profits, again this is why we cannot use comparisions to the america or any other country when discussing china.

5 we know how this story ends it doesnt look like Hong Kong it looks like Shanghai, after years of 50% increases shanghai had a slight reduction of around 5% in 2008 but rebounded for a 6% rise in 2009 and looks to maintain that for the foreseeable future. Once the price starts to reach 30k to 40k per square meter the prices seem to plateau, we have seen this in shanghai beijing and shenzhen already with hangzhou guangzhou and ningbo following the same path. remember china is not a free market system it just looks like one.

prices here are extraordinary and even a bit ridiculous, your description of a 400,000 dollar drab housing complex sounds about right and really describes the place that i live in. but chinese are not as educated as they want people to believe, owning a house here is more about face than it is about money, and as long as 1/1000 people continue to buy we will continue to see the price go up.

blackjack21trader
02-10-11, 08:58
I can share with you my personal research conclusion: The money will go to places where there is good governance- whether funds, ETF, Unit Trusts, Property or country. Investors go for security and stability in investment to protect their wealth level nowadays, not returns anymore. For returns, they can accumulate through their monthly salary.

Just wait for the reports & statistics in the local news within the next few months for confirmation of my talk cork sing song. ( Oct 2011- March 2012 )

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 10:09
I have similar views too. China Chinese will prefer to invest outside Hong Kong, as they are not sure what will happen after 30 odd years later. In terms of stability, education and medical services, singapore is one up. Too much freedom of rights in Hong Hong. :)
I can share with you my personal research conclusion: The money will go to places where there is good governance- whether funds, ETF, Unit Trusts, Property or country. Investors go for security and stability in investment to protect their wealth level nowadays, not returns anymore. For returns, they can accumulate through their monthly salary.

Just wait for the reports & statistics in the local news within the next few months for confirmation of my talk cork sing song. ( Oct 2011- March 2012 )

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

land118
02-10-11, 10:34
More Chinese investors should be coming here to buy...

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_717593.html

Developers go all out to woo Chinese home buyers

phantom_opera
02-10-11, 11:19
Singapore financial system is flawed in the way that interest rate is pegged to US Fed rate ... it is way too costly to borrow in China/Australia compared to Singapore, smart Chinese buyers will smell blood very soon to take advantages of Singapore system. But so far looks like only Far East is pretty successful in attracting Chinese buyers, may be they have done research on their buying behavior and heard FEO always put their ad along side private banking ad ;)

ysyap
02-10-11, 12:01
More Chinese investors should be coming here to buy...

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_717593.html

Developers go all out to woo Chinese home buyersDevelopers should reduce their efforts to woo Chinese home buyers coz S'pore is already a natural magnet for them. Should spend their resources to woo Indonesian and Indian buyers instead. That would be even better for our housing market. :sleep:

ecimbew
02-10-11, 12:16
Developers should reduce their efforts to woo Chinese home buyers coz S'pore is already a natural magnet for them. Should spend their resources to woo Indonesian and Indian buyers instead. That would be even better for our housing market. :sleep:

There's already many at my current place. Chinese, Indians, Indonesians, and Fillipinos.

howgozit
02-10-11, 12:31
Developers should reduce their efforts to woo Chinese home buyers coz S'pore is already a natural magnet for them. Should spend their resources to woo Indonesian and Indian buyers instead. That would be even better for our housing market. :sleep:

I think it is subjective to say that it is better for our housing market. The rich foreign buyers are artificially propping/pushing up the prices of Singapore properties. And I am speaking from my point of view of one that is already vested in a couple of properties.

Theoretically I should be pleased with the price appreciation but to me stability is a more important factor. It has to be sustainable, and if even OCR properties are becoming barely affordable to the local population than I don't think it is a good thing for the property market.

buttercarp
02-10-11, 14:06
There's already many at my current place. Chinese, Indians, Indonesians, and Fillipinos.
Sama sama......
There are 4 units on each floor in my condo.
On my floor alone, besides my family, there is an Indian family (from Chennai), a Hong Kong family and a Indonesian Chinese family:) .

land118
02-10-11, 14:09
Sama sama......
On my floor alone, besides my family, there is an Indian family (from Chennai), a Hong Kong family and a Indonesian Chinese family:) .
Wow, u are only 1 local, 20% minority..., ur condo must be very popular with FT...

focus
02-10-11, 14:19
Sama sama......
At least it's still 3 chinese families..

4 units on my floor.
3 units are angmoh families and we are the only chinese and local.

And I hate the pesky kids... they play tennis and soccer on that small lift lobby and always make lotsa noise and dirtied the walls with the ball.. and also bang into my door ..very irritating.

buttercarp
02-10-11, 14:30
Wow, u are only 1 local, 20% minority..., ur condo must be very popular with FT...
Lots of Indian FTs cos it is situated near one of the Indian International School.

4 units on my floor.

And I hate the pesky kids... they play tennis and soccer on that small lift lobby and always make lotsa noise and dirtied the walls with the ball.. and also bang into my door ..very irritating.

Your place near ang moh school?
Ya i know......
Last time got an ang moh neighbour (now replaced by indian tenant), they park their mountain bikes outside the lift.
I told management but they did not do anything.
So I brought all my bikes, 4 of them, and parked in the lift area also, the Hong Kong neighbour also followed suit, and finally the management issued a letter telling all the residents to remove their bikes.

kane
02-10-11, 14:53

4 units on my floor.

never tell management office to stick notices to remind residents to be considerate?

devilplate
02-10-11, 15:08
Lots of Indian FTs cos it is situated near one of the Indian International School.

Your place near ang moh school?
Ya i know......
Last time got an ang moh neighbour (now replaced by indian tenant), they park their mountain bikes outside the lift.
I told management but they did not do anything.
So I brought all my bikes, 4 of them, and parked in the lift area also, the Hong Kong neighbour also followed suit, and finally the management issued a letter telling all the residents to remove their bikes.

Ur lift lobby quite big hor...wwhahaha

kane
02-10-11, 15:17
Ur lift lobby quite big hor...wwhahaha

big enough to start bike rental almost.

devilplate
02-10-11, 15:17
Is common lift lobby counted as part of gfa? I wud tink so.....i noticed lift lobby is getting smaller too:hell-hath-no-fury:

Some projects wif pte lift r worse! The lift shaft counted as part of ur strata area on top of the lift lobby! If the lift is shared by 2units, they charge twice! No wonder blackjack wana intro lift with 4 exits!:hell-hath-no-fury:

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 15:55
If you look at the recent population study,the % of indian in total Singapore population has gone up in the last two years. Go to the university, you will know what I meant.

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 16:03
I think it is alright as long as the % of foreign buyers are not high. In a global economy, it is good to have a mixed of people owning overseas properties. Just like Singaporean owning foreign properties. It is about diversification of risk which some may think so. It is good that they have faith in our governance, stability, etc. That is why those without holding power should not be more careful.
I think it is subjective to say that it is better for our housing market. The rich foreign buyers are artificially propping/pushing up the prices of Singapore properties. And I am speaking from my point of view of one that is already vested in a couple of properties.

Theoretically I should be pleased with the price appreciation but to me stability is a more important factor. It has to be sustainable, and if even OCR properties are becoming barely affordable to the local population than I don't think it is a good thing for the property market.

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 16:04
Fortunately to have not just one foreign nationality.
Sama sama......

Laguna
02-10-11, 16:08
Some projects wif pte lift r worse! The lift shaft counted as part of ur strata area on top of the lift lobby! If the lift is shared by 2units, they charge twice! No wonder blackjack wana intro lift with 4 exits!:hell-hath-no-fury:

This is new to me...
cld u share share what the projects....
This is a big area to add in

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 16:10
Landed has less of this kind of problem.

4 units on my floor.

devilplate
02-10-11, 16:19
This is new to me...
cld u share share what the projects....
This is a big area to add in
Agents told me tat....and was told tat anything drawn/attached with ur unit r included....jus like internal chute is included...i believe shared internal chute r charged twice as well

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 16:25
I know chute is included but surprised that they double-count lift shaft that is shared by two units.
Agents told me tat....and was told tat anything drawn/attached with ur unit r included....jus like internal chute is included...i believe shared internal chute r charged twice as well

howgozit
02-10-11, 16:27
I think it is alright as long as the % of foreign buyers are not high. In a global economy, it is good to have a mixed of people owning overseas properties. Just like Singaporean owning foreign properties. It is about diversification of risk which some may think so. It is good that they have faith in our governance, stability, etc. That is why those without holding power should not be more careful.

Agree. btw, I am not anti-foreign buyer, I understand that if it is attractive to the foreign buyer it probably means the property in Singapore represents some value.

What I am concerned about is unchecked escalation of property prices. We do not have a law in Singapore like in Australia where foreigners can only sell to citizens, so no matter how wildly the prices escalate it must still be palatable to the citizen.

Just my 1 cent's worth

devilplate
02-10-11, 16:32
I know chute is included but surprised that they double-count lift shaft that is shared by two units.
If shared chute can be Charged twice..den shared 'pte' lift can rite?

There r also instances tat agt said pte lift is not charged....:beats-me-man:
I guess the only way to verify is by going thru the s&p....the strata size of the lift shaft shd be mentioned inside:2cents:

Anyone bot a ppty wif pte lift b4?

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 16:37
Garment measures must be seen to be impartial and fair to all investors. Otherwise, they will not come. We are lucky that it has not gone up uncontrolled like Hong Kong. We are more worried about investment company. Just like what happen to river.. which has 30 odd units sold to a fund house recently. Small investor in such development can be quite risky.
Agree. btw, I am not anti-foreign buyer, I understand that if it is attractive to the foreign buyer it probably means the property in Singapore represents some value.

What I am concerned about is unchecked escalation of property prices. We do not have a law in Singapore like in Australia where foreigners can only sell to citizens, so no matter how wildly the prices escalate it must still be palatable to the citizen.

Just my 1 cent's worth

blackjack21trader
02-10-11, 19:06
16 October 2011 Sunday 7:15am.

I woke up lazily as a little of the sun rays seeped through the opening of the curtains. I was preparing to go to Church but saw Emily still sleeping soundly and decided to delay for a moment.

It was a wonderful Sunday morning and I could hear the birds singing happily on the trees outside my window. Thought I should check out my two little devils sleeping next door, so I got out of bed.

As I walked along the corridors towards their room, I saw the room door ajar. I laughed at their carelessness and opened the door to check on them. They were sleeping soundly. I smiled in my heart.

Then,as I went to the kitchen to make breakfast for them, I heard a commotion outside on the street. I looked out of the kitchen window.

A huge column of protesters was formed on the street below. There were like 2000 people on the street blocking all the carpark exits of the buildings on either side of the road......

27 October 2011 Thursday 3:00pm

Recalling the protest incident last Sunday, I laughed it off and continue on my way to fetch my two darlings back from their school.

The car audio beeped and I saw Emily name displayed on my instrument cluster. I activated the car phone and there were many loving exchanges in our conversation.

At the traffic junction, I could see the blue sky leading all the way to my 2 darlings school. Suddenly, I felt an earthquake tremor under the car and saw a deep road crack infront of me.....

1 November 2011 Tuesday 2:15am

Angela the younger devil, is running a high fever. We should get her as soon as possible to the nearest emergency which is 35km away.

I could see Emily's tears in her eyes as she stroked my angel on her forehead. I did a quick glance at John , the older devil and saw him sleeping soundly on the passenger's seat...

17 November 2011

Unexpected heavy snow....this time my car engine is dead.

18 December 2011

Another protest.... this time, I found a stone crack in my window.

2 March 2012

The four of us saw the green land below approaching us and getting bigger and bigger from the plane. The white tall buildings on the coastal area looked like a scene from a science fiction novel.

The Lion City.....

howgozit
02-10-11, 19:58
Wah... very cheem leh....:confused:

buttercarp
02-10-11, 20:39
Wah... very cheem leh....:confused:

Ya....i liak buay que.
Who is Emily?

land118
02-10-11, 20:46

4 units on my floor.

Landed has less of this kind of problem.
Seem like old kampung HDB style when boys played soccer in void deck or along corridors , just that now is FT angmo whacking the balls against your main door....if got potted plants, sure kena damaged...

iwantgizmos
02-10-11, 20:46
errmmm... so what's the morale of the story ?....

hyenergix
02-10-11, 20:51
U will become a story teller in this forum after playing too much stocks or its time to take medicine?

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 21:05
People move to better & greener pasture. That is singapore.

ecimbew
02-10-11, 21:07
Sama sama......

Mine has two units on each floor. My neighbour is a rich Hong Kong boy whose parents left him here in Singapore since primary. He is now in his 20s. He didn't become a citizen.

ecimbew
02-10-11, 21:07
Deleted post

ecimbew
02-10-11, 21:08
LOL we need more rich foreigners.

land118
02-10-11, 21:10
Mine has two units on each floor. My neighbour is a rich Hong Kong boy whose parents left him here in Singapore since primary. He is now in his 20s. He didn't become a citizen.
Rich HK parents..., no need to become citizen, maybe need to go back HK and manage his parents' biz or assets later on...

ecimbew
02-10-11, 21:14
Rich HK parents..., no need to become citizen, maybe need to go back HK and manage his parents' biz or assets later on...

Yes that's what his mum says but this boy doesn't want to go back. He has too much freedom here.

hopeful
02-10-11, 21:19
If shared chute can be Charged twice..den shared 'pte' lift can rite?

There r also instances tat agt said pte lift is not charged....:beats-me-man:
I guess the only way to verify is by going thru the s&p....the strata size of the lift shaft shd be mentioned inside:2cents:

Anyone bot a ppty wif pte lift b4?

CCR owners like Teddybear, HP65, should have bought ppties with pte lift b4.
my RV units all have pte lift, but didnt ask agent/developer whether lift shaft is included in the strata title. I just presumed it is.

What projects have shared private lift? ie lift with 2 openings?

Also, I am curious about 1 unit per floor condo.
Do they have to pay for emergency staircase, common lift also? I would presume owner also have to pay for all area in that floor if 1 unit per floor condo.

radha08
02-10-11, 21:28
errmmm... so what's the morale of the story ?....

back to the future.....:D:D:D

howgozit
02-10-11, 21:32
People move to better & greener pasture. That is singapore.

Thanks... I get it now;) ...

I don't buy it but I get it.

hopeful
02-10-11, 21:42

I woke up lazily as a little of the sun rays seeped through the opening of the curtains. I was preparing to go to Church but saw Emily still sleeping soundly and decided to delay for a moment.

It was a wonderful Sunday morning and I could hear the birds singing happily on the trees outside my window. Thought I should check out my two little devils sleeping next door, so I got out of bed.

As I walked along the corridors towards their room, I saw the room door ajar. I laughed at their carelessness and opened the door to check on them. They were sleeping soundly. I smiled in my heart.

Then,as I went to the kitchen to make breakfast for them, I heard a commotion outside on the street. I looked out of the kitchen window.

A huge column of protesters was formed on the street below. There were like 2000 people on the street blocking all the carpark exits of the buildings on either side of the road......

Recalling the protest incident last Sunday, I laughed it off and continue on my way to fetch my two darlings back from their school.

The car audio beeped and I saw Emily name displayed on my instrument cluster. I activated the car phone and there were many loving exchanges in our conversation.

At the traffic junction, I could see the blue sky leading all the way to my 2 darlings school. Suddenly, I felt an earthquake tremor under the car and saw a deep road crack infront of me.....

Angela the younger devil, is running a high fever. We should get her as soon as possible to the nearest emergency which is 35km away.

I could see Emily's tears in her eyes as she stroked my angel on her forehead. I did a quick glance at John , the older devil and saw him sleeping soundly on the passenger's seat...

17 November 2011

18 December 2011

2 March 2012

The four of us saw the green land below approaching us and getting bigger and bigger from the plane. The white tall buildings on the coastal area looked like a scene from a science fiction novel.

The Lion City.....

The dates are in the future.
the 2000 people protesting are the people protesting in Wall Street currently. and the protests will start growing. Protest will become disorderly until mob rule.
all this will happen perhaps in Western countries.

The city people perhaps will start to move to rural areas, as indicated by the fact that the hospital is 35km away. However, the protests will also spread to the rural areas, as indicated by 18 dec 2011, he found the window cracked.

The earthquake and snow parts are to highlight the lack of natural disaster in Singapore.

what BJ21 is saying, Singapore is a safe haven. Those who can afford it will bring their families to safe havens like Singapore, where facilities like hospital are nearby.
So property prices wont come down in foreseeable future.

ahkongkid
02-10-11, 22:10
LOL. Our little red dot has become THE place where the whole world is scrambling to come. Everywhere else is in a mess:doh:

hyenergix
02-10-11, 22:18
Cool story bro. But hopefully it wont happen because our CPF and reserve depend on GIC's and Temasek's overseas investments. Just look at what happened these few years. We will crash together with the rest of the world's major economy if things take a turn for the worse. We will not remain as the greener pasture of the world if our economy sinks.

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 10:23
Remind me of Tian-an-men incident, this time is Wall Street, if the protesters start to gather strength, tanks may come lol ;)

Wall Street rules you know .... futures at 10870, -43

ysyap
03-10-11, 10:35
SINGAPORE, Oct 3 (Reuters) - Following are flash estimates for private home prices in the third quarter of 2011 released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA):
Quarter-on-quarter, percentage price change: Period Q3/2011 Q2/2011 Q1/2011 Q4/2010 Q3/2010 Singapore +1.3 +2.0 +2.2 +2.7 +2.9 private home prices
Context:
- The rate of increase in private residential property prices fell for the eighth consecutive quarter, according to URA data.
- URA said the biggest increase was for homes outside the central region, which rose 2.1 percent during the third quarter. In contrast, private home prices in the core central region edged up by 0.8 percent.
- Savills said last week that home sales in Singapore's mass market segment continued to be robust during Q3. But the high-end market softened amid new headwinds from crisis-hit economies of Western Europe.
- The URA flash estimate is based primarily on data from the first 10 weeks of the quarter.
- Singapore has been trying to stem the rise in home prices by increasing the supply of land available for housing and reducing the amount people can borrow for second properties.
- The ruling People's Action Party swept back to power in May general elections, but the opposition made historic gains. The sources of unhappiness included the spiralling cost of housing and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has responded to the polls setback by retiring three ministers including the minister in charge of housing.

Geylang OKT
03-10-11, 10:45
When the tide ebbs, all vessels, whether luxury cruisers, tankers, boats and even sampans will all be affected :D :D :D

devilplate
03-10-11, 10:46
When the tide ebbs, all vessels, whether luxury cruisers, tankers, boats and even sampans will all be affected :D :D :D

hows ur biz lately?

hyenergix
03-10-11, 10:56
SINGAPORE, Oct 3 (Reuters) - Following are flash estimates for private home prices in the third quarter of 2011 released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA):
Quarter-on-quarter, percentage price change: Period Q3/2011 Q2/2011 Q1/2011 Q4/2010 Q3/2010 Singapore +1.3 +2.0 +2.2 +2.7 +2.9 private home prices
Context:
- The rate of increase in private residential property prices fell for the eighth consecutive quarter, according to URA data.
- URA said the biggest increase was for homes outside the central region, which rose 2.1 percent during the third quarter. In contrast, private home prices in the core central region edged up by 0.8 percent.
- Savills said last week that home sales in Singapore's mass market segment continued to be robust during Q3. But the high-end market softened amid new headwinds from crisis-hit economies of Western Europe.
- The URA flash estimate is based primarily on data from the first 10 weeks of the quarter.
- Singapore has been trying to stem the rise in home prices by increasing the supply of land available for housing and reducing the amount people can borrow for second properties.
- The ruling People's Action Party swept back to power in May general elections, but the opposition made historic gains. The sources of unhappiness included the spiralling cost of housing and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has responded to the polls setback by retiring three ministers including the minister in charge of housing.

House prices shd peak next year by extrapolation. Rental has already peaked this year. Will they remain flat or drop? Depends on recession n retrenchment.

Geylang OKT
03-10-11, 10:58
hows ur biz lately?

Very good indeed! As property prices are plunging, the speculators and specu-vestors need to seek solace :D :D :D

hyenergix
03-10-11, 11:02
R u e mamasan in e avatar? Any special rates for forumers here when our properties prices crash?

Geylang OKT
03-10-11, 11:06
R u e mamasan in e avatar? Any special rates for forumers here when our properties prices crash?

Bro, we still need to eat also leh :beats-me-man: :spliff: :D

hopeful
03-10-11, 11:21
Bro, we still need to eat also leh :beats-me-man: :spliff: :D
from wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen

Nutritional value

Semen is primarily water, but contains trace amounts of almost every nutrient (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrient) the human body uses.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)] It has somewhat higher amounts of commonly deficient minerals, such as potassium, magnesium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium), and selenium.[42] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#cite_note-owen-41) One typical ejaculation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejaculation) contains 150 mg of protein, 11 mg of carbohydrates, 6 mg fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 7% US RDA potassium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium) and 3% US RDA copper and zinc.[43] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#cite_note-42)[not in citation given (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability)] When metabolized, protein yields 4 kcal/g, carbohydrate also yields 4 kcal/g, and fat yields 9 kcal/g.[44] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#cite_note-43) Hence the food energy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_energy) in the typical ejaculation is 0.7 kcal (2.9 kJ).

Your chicks no need to go hungry :D:D:D:D:D

land118
03-10-11, 11:30
Very good indeed! As property prices are plunging, the speculators and specu-vestors need to seek solace :D :D :D yours truely is recession proof biz.., only worry abt the man-in-blue & MOM...:D

Geylang OKT
03-10-11, 11:33
yours truely is recession proof biz.., only worry abt the man-in-blue & MOM...:D

We are all law abiding citizens :D :D :D

Nowadays the new breed of law abiding pimps are all high tech and armed with either US or Australian degrees :D

Geylang OKT
03-10-11, 11:34
from wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen

Nutritional value

Semen is primarily water, but contains trace amounts of almost every nutrient (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrient) the human body uses.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)] It has somewhat higher amounts of commonly deficient minerals, such as potassium, magnesium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium), and selenium.[42] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#cite_note-owen-41) One typical ejaculation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejaculation) contains 150 mg of protein, 11 mg of carbohydrates, 6 mg fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 7% US RDA potassium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium) and 3% US RDA copper and zinc.[43] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#cite_note-42)[not in citation given (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability)] When metabolized, protein yields 4 kcal/g, carbohydrate also yields 4 kcal/g, and fat yields 9 kcal/g.[44] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#cite_note-43) Hence the food energy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_energy) in the typical ejaculation is 0.7 kcal (2.9 kJ).

Your chicks no need to go hungry :D:D:D:D:D

Men (or women) do not live by semen alone :D :D :D

land118
03-10-11, 12:17
We are all law abiding citizens :D :D :D

Nowadays the new breed of law abiding pimps are all high tech and armed with either US or Australian degrees :D of course...legitimate biz

evergreen
03-10-11, 21:12
If your semen is so great why don't you drink yours to avoid wastage or get other guys to give theirs to you.

condoinvestor
03-10-11, 21:45
Hi all.

Have not been following this thread, however would like to know the feeling out there, IS THE CORRECTION COMING? and by HOW MUCH?

My take is Yes, 10 % at the most. I will like to hear from the rest...

testtest
03-10-11, 23:48
Hi all.

Have not been following this thread, however would like to know the feeling out there, IS THE CORRECTION COMING? and by HOW MUCH?

Agree, it will be 10% of the current value after the dust is settled!
:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 07:11
both C / BAC are down 10% last night, what is 10%?

ysyap
04-10-11, 08:08
Agree, it will be 10% of the current value after the dust is settled!
:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:10% drop does not even reach the low of 2009. As pointed out by experts, new lows will still be higher than previous lows. :scared-4:

hopeful
04-10-11, 08:57
10% drop does not even reach the low of 2009. As pointed out by experts, new lows will still be higher than previous lows. :scared-4:

dont be mistaken. the observation is limited to property price indices. Individual projects may be lower than previous low.

kane
04-10-11, 09:02
dont be mistaken. the observation is limited to property price indices. Individual projects may be lower than previous low.

Which projects do you have in mind? Most of the lows in 2009 was pretty low.

East Lover
04-10-11, 09:18
i'm wondering who will start the fire sales, developer? they should have a lot of $$$ now... buyer? the holding power is getting much bigger than last round.... who else? those investor who has multiple properties and plays shares????

gn108
04-10-11, 09:23
Those who play share on margin and lose at Casino.

i'm wondering who will start the fire sales, developer? they should have a lot of $$$ now... buyer? the holding power is getting much bigger than last round.... who else? those investor who has multiple properties and plays shares????

devilplate
04-10-11, 09:31

or certain projects may drop lesser

devilplate
04-10-11, 09:33

shd be those who bot low in 09/2010, they might try to breakeven.....they will sell those poor facing and bad numbered like 10-04 units away at breakeven px.....i got one such deal in 09.....vy ugly number but heck care when its dirt cheap:D

East Lover
04-10-11, 09:46
Those who play share on margin and lose at Casino.
those kind of ppl should always go for fire sales regardless bearish or bullish??;)

East Lover
04-10-11, 09:47
shd be those who bot low in 09/2010, they might try to breakeven.....they will sell those poor facing and bad numbered like 10-04 units away at breakeven px.....i got one such deal in 09.....vy ugly number but heck care when its dirt cheap:D
then they should sell ealier to earn more. during peak time, any unit can sell one....:D

devilplate
04-10-11, 09:53
then they should sell ealier to earn more. during peak time, any unit can sell one....:D

how u noe when is peak? its always on hindsight isnt it

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 09:58
Property analysts are quite positive with spore properties till of 2011, What are your takes.

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:03
Property analysts are quite positive with spore properties till of 2011, What are your takes.
i prefer big crash ....but may only see flattish or slight correction:sleep:

not much meat to crash:sleep:

perhaps landed got chance? some gained nearly 100% since 09?

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 10:07
Landed is more difficult to crash than condos. Difficult to find good buy these days.
i prefer big crash ....but may only see flattish or slight correction:sleep:

not much meat to crash:sleep:

perhaps landed got chance? some gained nearly 100% since 09?

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:19
Landed is more difficult to crash than condos. Difficult to find good buy these days.

based on historical stats, not really.....when biz hit real bad, goto sell hse too

i believe those increase alot may suffer steeper correction....increase less, drop lesser too

ysyap
04-10-11, 10:22
Property analysts are quite positive with spore properties till of 2011, What are your takes.2011 should be riding on a high. Anyway, only 3 months left. The lag period will already cover this quarter le... Private sector still showing growth despite at a slowing rate. Next year will see more red!

howgozit
04-10-11, 10:28
based on historical stats, not really.....when biz hit real bad, goto sell hse too

i believe those increase alot may suffer steeper correction....increase less, drop lesser too

I think the sheer volume of non-landed vs landed available makes non-landed more vulnerable to a steeper crash (if any)

I think historical stats show less volatility in landed pricing.

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:31
I think the sheer volume of non-landed vs landed available makes non-landed more vulnerable to a steeper crash (if any)

u sure anot? or i am seeing different stuff:eek:

look at 96-97 big crash

09 crash not a gd period to look at bcoz landed px din go up alot in 07.....same goes to ocr px.....09, ocr px din drop much bcoz nvr increase much

chiaberry
04-10-11, 10:34
Possible. Those with margin calls. Or I also know some ppl who lost a lot on spot gold.

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 10:50
96-97 crash will be different from now. Look at the proportion of landed to condos between then and now, profiles of people, etc. Those who have hold on to landed in 96 are all multi-millionaires now.

look at 96-97 big crash

09 crash not a gd period to look at bcoz landed px din go up alot in 07.....same goes to ocr px.....09, ocr px din drop much bcoz nvr increase much

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:52
96-97 crash will be different from now. Look at the proportion of landed to condos between then and now, profiles of people, etc. Those who have hold on to landed in 96 are all multi-millionaires now.

only time will tell:)

Jadey
04-10-11, 10:56

Quantum for landed are generally higher than non-landed, and it is also more expensive to rent and maintain because of the sheer size.

So when the economy turn bad and consumers start tightening their belt, I believe landed together with the prime non-landed will be the first to be affected.

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:59
Quantum for landed are generally higher than non-landed, and it is also more expensive to rent and maintain because of the sheer size.

So when the economy turn bad and consumers start tightening their belt, I believe landed will be the first to be affected.

MM landed like those small inter terrace may be least affected though

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 11:00
Property market has major and minor corrections over the years but it is still trending upwards in the longer term. Buy and keep the good ones for long term gain and sell the short-term gain ones. Use the $ made from short-term gain and buy better long-term gain properties.
only time will tell:)

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 11:02
Landed are mainly buy for own-stay. Rental yield is quite pathetic with landed.

So when the economy turn bad and consumers start tightening their belt, I believe landed together with the prime non-landed will be the first to be affected.

devilplate
04-10-11, 11:02
Landed are mainly buy for own-stay. Rental yield is quite pathetic with landed.

but it became speculative since mid 09 till now....ocr condo also become speculative lately

quite a number of landed homes for rent....one indication of speculation.....:2cents:

devilplate
04-10-11, 11:05
Property market has major and minor corrections over the years but it is still trending upwards in the longer term. Buy and keep the good ones for long term gain and sell the short-term gain ones. Use the $ made from short-term gain and buy better long-term gain properties.

u r seriously getting out of our initial topic:p

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 11:08
Depends on location.
but it became speculative since mid 09 till now....ocr condo also become speculative lately

quite a number of landed homes for rent....one indication of speculation.....:2cents:

DaytonaSS
04-10-11, 11:54
Based on the timing of this correction, i cant help but feel that this is the best time to come. Tons of pple have bought into new condo in the last 12-24 months. The instalment payment would be starting soon or would have just started into the building up of the development.

Top would usually be 3 years-4 years down the road for most of the developement. For these buyers , doesnt this correction(now) come at a good time? Most would be looking to TOP to either sell their unit or rent out which market would more or less stablise from this correciton 3-4 years donw the road.

It also probably means sustained low interest rates during this period and no need to fight for good tenants in a time when their pay package is freeze or in worst case reduced.

On the price crash possible, i personally feel that on the ground there are alot of cash, and most owners should be bale to ride out any short term correction. A long term DEPRESSION is another story altogether.

How u guys feel?

stalingrad
04-10-11, 11:56
capitaland at $2.33 and City development at $9 today. :scared-4: the world as we know it is ending.

jwong71
04-10-11, 11:59
Based on the timing of this correction, i cant help but feel that this is the best time to come. Tons of pple have bought into new condo in the last 12-24 months. The instalment payment would be starting soon or would have just started into the building up of the development.

Top would usually be 3 years-4 years down the road for most of the developement. For these buyers , doesnt this correction(now) come at a good time? Most would be looking to TOP to either sell their unit or rent out which market would more or less stablise from this correciton 3-4 years donw the road.

It also probably means sustained low interest rates during this period and no need to fight for good tenants in a time when their pay package is freeze or in worst case reduced.

On the price crash possible, i personally feel that on the ground there are alot of cash, and most owners should be bale to ride out any short term correction. A long term DEPRESSION is another story altogether.

How u guys feel?

e.t.c there are cases that buyers buy at 1000psf for new launch, and TOPPED was the market recession. valuation drop 700psf, and buyers gotta topup money to get their keys.
any similiar cases heard??

blackjack21trader
04-10-11, 12:15
I guess many brothers here are still clueless. Allow your humble brother here to enlighten you la:

For a property bubble to form, the following conditions must be met:

1) Loan or leveraging factor of property purchase is unattractive. That is, high interest rates which make property unaffordable.

2) No more players coming onto the musical chairs. That is, there is a total shutoff of foreign buyers or incoming native buyers into the property market.

3) Property prices cannot appreciate anymore due to oversupply.

In point 2 above, native supply is limited but foreign supply is unlimited. This is taken into consideration the amount of current supply against the demand in our market.

In point 1 above, this is not happening anytime soon. Usually a bubble is formed during a bull run, not during a bear run.

Oversupply? Look at the ahpunehnehs and Ah tiongs in Paragon now or the Mt. E Medical center now.

Good Luck.

:scared-4:

blackjack21trader
04-10-11, 12:17
Golden Era of the Mega Lions ( October 2011 - Dec 2015 )

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 12:19
Will buy CDL when it drops to $8.50.
capitaland at $2.33 and City development at $9 today. :scared-4: the world as we know it is ending.

blackjack21trader
04-10-11, 12:20
first Mega Lion purchase of a SuperLuxury Unit will break all previous record and happened on Nassim Hill on the 23 Nov 2011.

The second one will be in Hamilton Scotts after the above.

Good Luck.

gn108
04-10-11, 12:22
Good discussion...can buy, can sell, tipping point??

All will be revealed in 6-9 months...

I guess many brothers here are still clueless. Allow your humble brother here to enlighten you la:

1) Loan or leveraging factor of property purchase is unattractive. That is, high interest rates which make property unaffordable.

2) No more players coming onto the musical chairs. That is, there is a total shutoff of foreign buyers or incoming native buyers into the property market.

In point 2 above, native supply is limited but foreign supply is unlimited. This is taken into consideration the amount of current supply against the demand in our market.

In point 1 above, this is not happening anytime soon. Usually a bubble is formed during a bull run, not during a bear run.

Oversupply? Look at the ahpunehnehs and Ah tiongs in Paragon now or the Mt. E Medical center now.

Good Luck.

bargain hunter
04-10-11, 12:26
still way too early. the 2009 lows were 1.70 for capitaland and 4.05 for city dev.

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 12:33
Wait till closer to 13 Oct news from EU.
still way too early. the 2009 lows were 1.70 for capitaland and 4.05 for city dev.

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 12:36
Asia is going to be hammered badly again.
Nikkei (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=NKY:IND) 8,393.08-152.40 -1.78% TOPIX (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=TPX:IND)731.46-15.65 -2.09% Hang Seng (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=HSI:IND) 16,554.00-268.12 -1.59%

azeoprop
04-10-11, 13:04
2012 new launches?
580psf for new launch at punggol central, pasir ris and hougang
700psf for new launch at bedok reservoir and bartley
900psf for new launch at bishan central and bendemeer

new EC at 500psf?

:rolleyes:

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 13:16
It's history unless 2012 is like 2009. 30% chance of happening as at now.
2012 new launches?
580psf for new launch at punggol central, pasir ris and hougang
700psf for new launch at bedok reservoir and bartley
900psf for new launch at bishan central and bendemeer

new EC at 500psf?

:rolleyes:

Jadey
04-10-11, 13:17
Hi all.

I was told correction already started. prices have already fallen by 5-10% in some project. Not sure if from developer or resale though

azeoprop
04-10-11, 13:21
So when will deferred payment scheme and interest absorption scheme be back again? :rolleyes:

East Lover
04-10-11, 13:35
So when will deferred payment scheme and interest absorption scheme be back again? :rolleyes:
and 10% down payment, no more SSD! ;) ;) ;)

ysyap
04-10-11, 13:46
Always good to have dreams! :spliff:

Rosy
04-10-11, 13:48
I was told correction already started. prices have already fallen by 5-10% in some project. Not sure if from developer or resale though
Who told u? Agt?

Arcadia dropped more den 10% liao

Older 99lh first to drop?

howgozit
04-10-11, 13:51

look at 96-97 big crash

I think we are looking at the same data but with different interpretation. The amount of landed homes in the last 20 years has not increased very much. New landed developments are few and generally yield only a few hundred units at each new launch. Most transactions are resale. Bcoz of the quantum required for purchasing a landed, buyers are usually of a certain income category.

Non-landed homes on the other hand through plot ratio revisions have sprouted up like mushrooms through the years. It offers a wide range of prices that people of all income range can buy in and get their feet wet.

If a crash comes, non-landed properties have a wider spectrum of owners are affected. For a 500 unit condo, you only need one desperado seller to give in to a lower psf to start a psf spiral downwards for that development. For sure a crisis will affect the landed owners as well, but the exposure I feel is less and therefore landed prices are less volatile.

Just my thoughts.

hyenergix
04-10-11, 14:27

Good Luck.

We shd peak next year. Whether e bubble will burst dep on retrenchment of owners or tenants.

azeoprop
04-10-11, 14:36
Most probably not a sudden bust, but more of a stagnation in prices or a slow deflation of prices maybe.

:beats-me-man:

avo7007
04-10-11, 14:59
Most probably not a sudden bust, but more of a stagnation in prices or a slow deflation of prices maybe.

I think there are some early signs that we might be heading for some sort of landing. For example the central region rental is starting to dip, unemployment number is inching up, GDP is revised down, SGD is weakening (funds pulling out)...blah blah blah. But hey, ,most of us got holding power......:)

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 15:04
Correction will start with CCR, the more atas the worse. Just look at stock performance of CAPL vs UOL vs SL you will know why.

jwong71
04-10-11, 15:08
I think there are some early signs that we might be heading for some sort of landing. For example the central region rental is starting to dip, unemployment number is inching up, GDP is revised down, SGD is weakening (funds pulling out)...blah blah blah. But hey, ,most of us got holding power......:)

if 80% have holding power, BUT the 20% start dumping cheap to create a spiral downward on prices as well as valuations. how? :D

*in camp, u just need 1 sabo king to punish the whole platoon.

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 15:10
STI hits bottom of 2.4k and stay there for next 6m - 10% correction
STI hits 2.2k and stay there for next 6m - 15% correction
STI hits 2k or below and stay there for next 6m - 20% correction
Dow Gold ratio goes below 4 - 25% correction
Dow Gold ratio goes below 3 - 30% correction
Dow Gold ratio goes below 2 - 40% correction
Dow Gold ratio hits 1 - 50% correction

http://im.media.ft.com/content/images/3fb99582-ede7-11e0-a491-00144feab49a.img

avo7007
04-10-11, 15:27
*in camp, u just need 1 sabo king to punish the whole platoon.

Don't say until like that leh. These sabo kings are also the same people who move our property to record level.:D

kane
04-10-11, 15:33
Let's see whether HK or SG will be the first country to start reversing the cooling measures if the need arises.

stalingrad
04-10-11, 15:34
FTSE is now below 5,000. panic has stricken the world.

avo7007
04-10-11, 15:49
FTSE is now below 5,000. panic has stricken the world.

Dammit! George Soros was right all along.:scared-3:

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 15:54
HSI leads the world into abyss -660, HSCE now -436, Dow futures -120

Shares in Franco-Belgian bank Dexia plunged more than 37 percent in early trade on Tuesday, despite a government pledge to step in if needed amid concerns a collapse or break-up is on the cards.

The French and Belgian governments will "step in if necessary" to bail out Dexia once more, Belgium's finance minister Didier Reynders said early Tuesday, following an emergency board meeting which left open the possibility of it being broken up.

The Franco-Belgian bank, already bailed out when the US mortgage market crashed in late 2008, is in danger of becoming the first major European banking institution to fall since the sovereign debt crisis began last year.

Dexia's shares lost more than 10 percent on Monday on warnings of an imminent credit rating downgrade over fears about its liquidity and wider concerns of exposure to eurozone sovereign debt.

azeoprop
04-10-11, 16:01
omg, this afternoon both hsi and sti plunge like nobody's business...:scared-3:

stalingrad
04-10-11, 16:05
I believe the property crash will come after all.

if not a major crash, it will be a minor one.

ysyap
04-10-11, 17:11
I believe the property crash will come after all.

if not a major crash, it will be a minor one.Waiting and waiting for eternity. Singapore stocks reached 2 year low today... Time is near le! :scared-3:

ahkongkid
04-10-11, 17:13
no worries.. based on agents and alot of ppl still vested, the property market will never fall since Spore will open the flood gates for immigrants and all the world over will flock to Spore the safe haven. :doh:

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 17:29
For people who invested monthly on investment-linked insurance or endowment policy and hope for good return for 20y, it may be a total disaster if this continues.

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=%5eSTI&t=my&q=l&l=on&z=l&a=v&p=s&lang=en-SG&region=SG

Jonathan0503
04-10-11, 17:31
Correction will start with CCR, the more atas the worse. Just look at stock performance of CAPL vs UOL vs SL you will know why.

Will those buying CCR have more holding power or those buying OCR?

That will determine which will correct earlier right?

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 17:36
Will those buying CCR have more holding power or those buying OCR?

That will determine which will correct earlier right?

SC Global, pure CCR play:

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=D2S.SI&t=3m&q=&l=&z=l&a=v&p=s&lang=en-SG&region=SG

Sim Lian, pure OCR play:

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=S05.SI&t=6m&q=&l=&z=l&a=v&p=s&lang=en-SG&region=SG

So market expects CCR to correct or OCR?

devilplate
04-10-11, 17:41
Let's see whether HK or SG will be the first country to start reversing the cooling measures if the need arises.
Sg always follower:sleep:

avo7007
04-10-11, 17:58
no worries.. based on agents and alot of ppl still vested, the property market will never fall since Spore will open the flood gates for immigrants and all the world over will flock to Spore the safe haven. :doh:

Looking at the SGD chart, I don't think so.:scared-5:

howgozit
04-10-11, 19:04

In a globalised economy, I think if the rest of the world crashes Singapore will follow too...:( . I'll take the agents' words with a handful of salt. There may a lot of people vested but they can't control external factors. Singapore was strong during the '97 crisis but still got dragged down.

azeoprop
04-10-11, 19:20
Maybe the 4 year ssd will prevent some firesales from happening?

yjcai
04-10-11, 20:11
Last low higher than previous low. Anyway interest rates are low.

jwong71
04-10-11, 23:24
Maybe the 4 year ssd will prevent some firesales from happening?

e.g: 10,000 units sold till date, 70% bgt earlier (never kena SSD), 30% bgt later (kena SSD).

got the answer? 7000 units can afford to firesales, 3000 units cannot afford

proud owner
05-10-11, 09:07
In a globalised economy, I think if the rest of the world crashes Singapore will follow too...:( . I'll take the agents' words with a handful of salt. There may a lot of people vested but they can't control external factors. Singapore was strong during the '97 crisis but still got dragged down.

bongo

people seem to ignore the effect of GLOBALISATION

no developed, or developing country has immunity

those who think asia is safe is just plain ...... ....i shant put a word to it

you decide what word is appropriate

Laguna
05-10-11, 09:50
Historically, the property market is behind the equity markets by about six months.
However, this is not the case since post Lehman crash in the equity market. Property market is above all time high but not the equity.

The two markets have seemed to be decoupled.

ysyap
05-10-11, 10:08
Historically, the property market is behind the equity markets by about six months.
However, this is not the case since post Lehman crash in the equity market. Property market is above all time high but not the equity.

The two markets have seemed to be decoupled.Not decoupled but maybe other supporting factors are holding the housing market better than in the past. Factors such as a shift in world power to the east plus the ailing European economy allows more security in housing investment here. Given time, housing market will definitely reflect the equity markets. Maybe the lag duration has been stretched further? :scared-3: 2012 will be more exciting to watch! :spliff2:

land118
05-10-11, 10:21
Not decoupled but maybe other supporting factors are holding the housing market better than in the past. Factors such as a shift in world power to the east plus the ailing European economy allows more security in housing investment here. Given time, housing market will definitely reflect the equity markets. Maybe the lag duration has been stretched further? :scared-3: 2012 will be more exciting to watch! :spliff2: When our new President have to approve to dig into our Re$erve, sure it is time...:2cents:

stalingrad
05-10-11, 10:27
SC global has dropped to $1, from $2 1.5 years ago. Time to buy?

I am obviously crazy asking this question. I am not even sure SC global can survive in the long run.

gn108
05-10-11, 10:49
Supported by low mortgage rates.

If there is an over-supply or demand is taken off via less ex-pats, what's left? If mortgage cross even 2%, it'll make properties cash-flow negative after factoring maintenance fees, agent fees and property tax.

quote=Laguna]Historically, the property market is behind the equity markets by about six months.

The two markets have seemed to be decoupled.[/quote]

DC33_2008
05-10-11, 13:09
Investors of UK projects:

The number of real-estate and construction companies seeking bankruptcy in England and Wales (http://topics.bloomberg.com/wales/) rose by 11 percent in the third quarter as budget cuts and economic uncertainty led to canceled projects, Deloitte LLP said.

radha08
05-10-11, 13:24

many years ago i went for talk to become property agent one thing the speaker said jokingly as an agent you must be prepared to go to hell for all the sins/lies you have commited...now i know what he means...:cool:

bargain hunter
05-10-11, 14:18
sank after it announced that it will tie up with hermes to fully furnish ONE apartment in the Marq.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_ED508B3109A8B3364825791F0001C61F/$file/Collaborations_with_Hermes.pdf?openelement

probably want to sell it at 8000psf or 50m exactly for the 6232 sq ft apartment. hahahahahahahaha.

SC global has dropped to $1, from $2 1.5 years ago. Time to buy?

I am obviously crazy asking this question. I am not even sure SC global can survive in the long run.

amk
05-10-11, 14:35
haiz, dun even know why you want to compare SC Global / Sim Lian or Oxly this kind of shares .... hugely low free float, low liquidity and manipulative shares.. doesn't mean a thing.

blackjack21trader
16-10-11, 08:06

17 November 2011

18 December 2011

2 March 2012

The Lion City.....

20 April 2012

My family and I are now fully settled in our new home near the Lion River. We could see the river just from our windows in the living room. This is like a paradise on planet Earth....

Emily put the Business Times on the breakfast table while I was sipping my coffee. We thought of buying a home here we can truly call our own in 6 months time and were just discussing that the other day.

Then, the headline on the paper caught my attention:

Restriction on foreigner purchase on Landed property.

ysyap
16-10-11, 08:30
20 April 2012

My family and I are now fully settled in our new home near the Lion River. We could see the river just from our windows in the living room. This is like a paradise on planet Earth....

Emily put the Business Times on the breakfast table while I was sipping my coffee. We thought of buying a home here we can truly call our own in 6 months time and were just discussing that the other day.

Then, the headline on the paper caught my attention:

...................So which country do you come from? You took your 2 devils along? How's settling into school for them? How was the fever for one of them? Buy condo quick before more restrictions are imposed too. :o

devilplate
16-10-11, 09:52
20 April 2012

Dun tink got much spill over effect to condos....but increasing trend of seeing foreigners buying townhse within condos

azeoprop
16-10-11, 11:17
Beautiful townhouses next to bedok reservoir available soon.... Mrt just opposite the road, supermarket just beside and united world college for the children just a short drive away. :D