PDA

View Full Version : The property crash that will never come:

Pages : 1 [2] 3

radha08
16-10-11, 14:35
Beautiful townhouses next to bedok reservoir available soon.... Mrt just opposite the road, supermarket just beside and united world college for the children just a short drive away. :D

lets just hope no more bodies fished out of the reservior..:scared-1:

blackjack21trader
16-10-11, 17:34
Dun tink got much spill over effect to condos....but increasing trend of seeing foreigners buying townhse within condos

I am very i impressed by the ability of some brothers here to decipher the hiddened messages witiin the story. In particular, one brother has faster info than me...wahlaueh !
:)

phantom_opera
16-10-11, 19:24
WFW TOP already, more watchful eyes to help to save the suicide wannabes :-)

avo7007
17-10-11, 13:28
New private home sales surged 21 per cent with 1,631 homes finding buyers last month.
This is more than the 1,351 units sold in August.
Including executive condos, the number swells further to 2,064 units. Top selling projects include A Treasure Trove near Punggol MRT Station, which saw a whopping 683 units sold at a median price of $915 per sq ft (psf).
Euhabitat was second place with 138 units sold at a median price of $1,191 psf, followed by The Meyerise with 108 units sold at $1,789 psf.

What crash? Looks like it's actually going up and up.........:eek:

DC33_2008
17-10-11, 13:34
Singaporeans must have been saving a lot. Lots of HDB dwellers buying private properties. Cannot be all consumed by private home owners.
New private home sales surged 21 per cent with 1,631 homes finding buyers last month.
Including executive condos, the number swells further to 2,064 units. Top selling projects include A Treasure Trove near Punggol MRT Station, which saw a whopping 683 units sold at a median price of $915 per sq ft (psf).
Euhabitat was second place with 138 units sold at a median price of $1,191 psf, followed by The Meyerise with 108 units sold at $1,789 psf.

ysyap
17-10-11, 13:49

What crash? Looks like it's actually going up and up.........:eek:As I've mentioned before, any smallest news from Wall Street or Europe can easily tilt the balance. Housing market with a lag time of 3 to 6 months has no chance to react to the current super volatile equity market. Unless there's a clear sign that world economy is heading in one particular direction or there's massive retrenchment, our housing market will most certain still blossom. Watch this space in 2012... ;)

Jonathan0503
17-10-11, 16:39

What about resale?

My gut feel is it has dropped....

latour
17-10-11, 17:49
What about resale?

My gut feel is it has dropped....

resale definitely drop by alot, if you check those popular ones eg. in D15 and D16 - used to be as high as 15 to 20 transactions in good months, now its about 5 to 8 estimated.

ysyap
19-10-11, 14:35
All will be clearer come 2012... :eek:

rattydrama
19-10-11, 14:42
resale drop cud be the effect of SSD

DC33_2008
19-10-11, 18:24
Resale nos. will definitely drop but that does not mean a drop in $psf. People prefer to go for new project and hope that price will go up upon TOP. Resale unit will not have such impact.
resale drop cud be the effect of SSD

kane
19-10-11, 18:58
Resale nos. will definitely drop but that does not mean a drop in $psf. People prefer to go for new project and hope that price will go up upon TOP. Resale unit will not have such impact.
Resale in suburbia which have been the laggard seems to be creeping up.

avo7007
20-10-11, 15:59
Foreigners' private housing purchase pattern closely monitored: Khaw Boon Wan

Minister of National Development Khaw Boon Wan acknowledged the growing presence of foreigners in the private housing market on Thursday and said that the Government is monitoring the market closely and will take further measures if needed.

Oh boy.:scared-4:

kane
20-10-11, 16:25

Minister of National Development Khaw Boon Wan acknowledged the growing presence of foreigners in the private housing market on Thursday and said that the Government is monitoring the market closely and will take further measures if needed.

Wah fierce. Will rental market get firmer because of this?

phantom_opera
20-10-11, 16:30
Aiya, ATT/Luxurie all bought by Punggol & Sengkang HDB upgraders right? only eu-Habitat town-house foreigners interested .... give me a break

yaozong7
20-10-11, 17:34

"Much more important is, I hope Members (MPs) are mindful that cooling measures - whether addition of new measures or subtraction of existing measures - are market sensitive, so that makes it difficult for me to be too expressive in my reply and I think I should just stop here," said Mr Khaw.

Looks like more measures are coming!

ysyap
20-10-11, 20:25
"Much more important is, I hope Members (MPs) are mindful that cooling measures - whether addition of new measures or subtraction of existing measures - are market sensitive, so that makes it difficult for me to be too expressive in my reply and I think I should just stop here," said Mr Khaw.

Looks like more measures are coming!More measures in the light of a global down come 2012 is suicidal for MND. Removing CM will also not be wise coz no more buffer for KBW to rely on in the event of sudden oversupply for BTO. In fact, if I don't remember wrongly, KBW did mentioned that there will not be new measures in the near future as he don't see a need as yet.

However, I seriously hope that CM will be constantly reviewed and amended to suit different times. He (KBW) may consider removing one or two measures which no longer serve their purpose and introduce another two which may be more apt for today's housing climate. That would be more ideal! :cheers1:

rattydrama
20-10-11, 20:31
So what kinds of measures you guys think Khaw will implement?

income ceiling already reviewed. More flats to be built, more BTO at ulu places and wats next? Private housing?

kane
20-10-11, 20:41
They cannot leave locals with nothing to aspire towards mah. Or they can do a Pte condo project where only locals are eligible like EC but there's no income ceiling.

ysyap
20-10-11, 20:43

income ceiling already reviewed. More flats to be built, more BTO at ulu places and wats next? Private housing?DBSS at Sentosa after they've reviewed the DBSS this last month or two... :sleep:

devilplate
20-10-11, 21:36
DBSS at Sentosa after they've reviewed the DBSS this last month or two... :sleep:
Launch a few ec sites in rcr and ccr lor....hehe

kane
20-10-11, 22:19
EC without income ceiling and pte property ownership limitation fornthe sandwiched locals. Comes with minimum 5 year MOP.

rattydrama
20-10-11, 22:28
you guys very funny leh.. KBW needs to return back to Bhutan build temple liao....devil's post make sense but will it happen?

maybe release few plots near mrt with high plot ratio and @ high market price once the current phase of mad rush completed.

good to maintain the high price and sell the overstock ocr flats.... singaporean must be "realistic".:D

yaozong7
21-10-11, 09:27

income ceiling already reviewed. More flats to be built, more BTO at ulu places and wats next? Private housing?

Khaw's reply was in the context of foreign purchase of private condo. The most likely measure is lower LTV for foreigners lah.....copy HK style & politically popular also.....

Now he probably wants to study the LTV profile of foreign purchase in depth first before acting.

devilplate
21-10-11, 09:29
Khaw's reply was in the context of foreign purchase of private condo. The most likely measure is lower LTV for foreigners lah.....copy HK style & politically popular also.....

Now he probably wants to study the LTV profile of foreign purchase in depth first before acting.

prices nvr shoot up...no further CM yet...in fact many r expecting prices to drop

EU crisis bestest CM oredi:D

peterng8
21-10-11, 09:38
KBW should concentrate on HDB controlled property such as DBSS, BTO and EC as these already contributes to 80% of singaporeans dwelling needs ..pls leave the pte property market alone to market force!!!

Garmen should not yield to those who complain about pte property too high cannot own just like COE ....those are short sighted people, just think about it if pte property drops like what they want , what will happen to HDB flats, DBSS and EC and those who have bought them will not enjoy any price appreciation and bank default will come amidst other problems...

Price of property will go up as long as ecomony is good, and among other factors such as stable political env, size of country, population increase etc etc.. :2cents:

peterng8
21-10-11, 09:47
EU crisis if confirm comes and with full effect..rental will drop Eventually....location of property becomes important...

devilplate
21-10-11, 09:49
EU crisis if confirm comes and with full effect..rental will drop Eventually....location of property becomes important...

eventually its the price tat u bot matter most!:tongue3:

ysyap
21-10-11, 09:50
Location of properties has always been very important... then will be more important! :sleep:

devilplate
21-10-11, 09:52
Location of properties has always been very important... then will be more important! :sleep:

sell me a brandnew tengah condo at 300psf...i will grab a few:D

ysyap
21-10-11, 10:01
sell me a brandnew tengah condo at 300psf...i will grab a few:DMe too. U have any? :sleep:

sh
21-10-11, 15:39
People will still want to rent in ccr in a crisis at dirt cheap prices.

When all the properties at dirt cheap rentals get filled up in ccr, then people consider ever dirtier cheap rentals in rcr

By the time it gets to ocr, it super dirt cheap.... if you can still find a tenant....

Yes LOCATION still counts in a crisis :doh:

kane
21-10-11, 19:49
I heard the opposite experience, ccr no tenant. Ocr found a tenant real quick.

thomastansb
21-10-11, 20:36
Nope. CCR rental is strong.

I heard the opposite experience, ccr no tenant. Ocr found a tenant real quick.

thomastansb
21-10-11, 20:39
Yeah. Your claim is proven by URA data anyway. D1, D2, D9 rental are the strongest and highest - crisis or no crisis. Period. There is no argument about it. Of course, there will be people who say OCR rental is higher :doh:. Lazy to reply also.

Of course, CCR prices also highest at any point of time - Crisis or no crisis.

People will still want to rent in ccr in a crisis at dirt cheap prices.

When all the properties at dirt cheap rentals get filled up in ccr, then people consider ever dirtier cheap rentals in rcr

By the time it gets to ocr, it super dirt cheap.... if you can still find a tenant....

Yes LOCATION still counts in a crisis :doh:

blackjack21trader
23-10-11, 08:56
Nope. CCR rental is strong.

yes, bro thomastansb is absolutely correct. I humbly owned a few CCR , RCR and OCR properties and so my own conclusion is this:

New CCR > new RCR = new OCR

15 years old CCR > new RCR BUT 15 years old CCR < new OCR ( ??? beats me too, for example D9 15 years old old 3 bedder is approx S$4000. In 5 years old OCR, it is S$4500 !!! )

new RCR = new OCR Rental ( Here also very strange... some OCR can be as far as Pasir Ris leh....hmmmmm )

old OCR < old RCR < old CCR rental

A new CCR 2 bedder in D9,10 or 11 can fetch S$7000 easily now. I am aiming it for S$10K because that is the rental of New York lesser district like Baltimore mah..

e.g here : but this is dropped liao leh:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/868812/for-rent-the-metz

:doh:

devilplate
23-10-11, 09:38
Which project 2bdr can fetch 7k easily?

peterng8
23-10-11, 09:48
eventually its the price tat u bot matter most!:tongue3:

why so work up?:D I dont wish for Euro Crisis to happen in full blown effect as it may come with dire consequences...

firstly, I not so black heart( I am afriad of karma):D to wish that crisis come again more seriously ,

secondly,my thought is if the cirsis happens, it may last a period of time with repercussions which no one can predict..at that time it will be challenging to find FTs who are portential tenants, let alone finding buyer to buy RESALE units, it will not be easy even NOW it is alrady difficult:)

devilplate
23-10-11, 09:54
why so work up?:D I dont wish for Euro Crisis to happen in full blown effect as it may come with dire consequences...

firstly, I not so black heart( I am afriad of karma):D to wish that crisis come again more seriously ,

secondly,my thought is if the cirsis happens, it may last a period of time with repercussions which no one can predict..at that time it will be challenging to find FTs who are portential tenants, let alone finding buyer to buy RESALE units, it will not be easy even NOW it is alrady difficult:)
Am i work up?:beats-me-man:

To me location comes after entry px

300psf lim chu kang vs 3kpsf prime orchard....i will choose 300psf;)

thomastansb
23-10-11, 09:59
Definitely. Price is always the first factor. Location, amenities, MRT etc are used to justify your price - to make you feel better.

Am i work up?:beats-me-man:

To me location comes after entry px

300psf lim chu kang vs 3kpsf prime orchard....i will choose 300psf;)

irisng
23-10-11, 10:02
My friend bought a subsale condo opposite KK Hospital. What is this district no.? He rented out for only $4.4k for a 3 bedroom unit and it is about 16 storey high.

devilplate
23-10-11, 10:09
My friend bought a subsale condo opposite KK Hospital. What is this district no.? He rented out for only $4.4k for a 3 bedroom unit and it is about 16 storey high.
Shd b d8?...Merlot? Mera spring?

kane
23-10-11, 15:30
Not bad rental, what's the profile of the tenant?

DC33_2008
23-10-11, 15:35
I thought it is quite low for a 3 bedder. :(

kane
24-10-11, 00:42
I thought it is quite low for a 3 bedder. :(

Go further out by another 10mins drive and the average would be around 4k. $400 of savings per month.

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 08:34
Hope Singapore will not be like US current state:

Nevada has the highest unemployment of any US state at 13.4 percent, and housing prices have plunged 17 percent since the market burst four years ago, igniting the financial meltdown that sent the US economy into a nosedive.

"Nationwide, more than 10 million homeowners are underwater. That means they owe more than those houses are worth. And here in Las Vegas, the city hit hardest of all, almost the entire housing market is under severe stress," Obama said.

He acknowledged, however, that "the housing market won't be fully healed until the unemployment rate comes down and the inventory of homes on the market comes down."

The combination of high unemployment and falling home prices has fed on itself since the housing market began to plunge, putting millions of homeowners in default and stalling any recovery in the market.

Moody's predicts that foreclosures will rise next year to a record 1.5 million.

ysyap
25-10-11, 11:27
US economy and Singapore's is vastly different... any resemblances is but coincidence. Don't read too much. Singapore economy may reflect US' because it is partially dependent on US's economy but it will never duplicate US' economy. :o

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 12:52
Looking at what happen at Regent Residence with people balloting fiercely for units of 500k. It can be really scary when our economy deteriorates next year with retrenchment or a hike in interest rate. SOR is now catching up with SIBOR.
US economy and Singapore's is vastly different... any resemblances is but coincidence. Don't read too much. Singapore economy may reflect US' because it is partially dependent on US's economy but it will never duplicate US' economy. :o

irisng
25-10-11, 20:34

I heard that he is from Mauritius. He and his wife are working (something to do with banking and finance).

kane
25-10-11, 22:21
I heard that he is from Mauritius. He and his wife are working (something to do with banking and finance).

most likely middle management to be paying that sort of rental.

dmonddd
26-10-11, 09:02
when downturn kicks in....then there will be pressure getting a tenant.
we have seen this before.

ok if this property is fully paid for without financing.
losing on opportunity costs.......

devilplate
26-10-11, 09:53
Looking at what happen at Regent Residence with people balloting fiercely for units of 500k. It can be really scary when our economy deteriorates next year with retrenchment or a hike in interest rate. SOR is now catching up with SIBOR.

y isit scary? isnt it shows tat buyers r being cautious and prefer smaller quantum units now? if cant rent out in future, at least the installment will be small

devilplate
26-10-11, 09:55
ok if this property is fully paid for without financing.
losing on opportunity costs.......

no problem one...can take equity loan during downturn to buy another hse if its oredi fully paid.....only borrow lesser mah...

DC33_2008
26-10-11, 10:19
Rental in this area will be competitive with so many condos. There is another large 99LH condos nearer to boon keng mrt launching soon with more facilities.
y isit scary? isnt it shows tat buyers r being cautious and prefer smaller quantum units now? if cant rent out in future, at least the installment will be small

dmonddd
26-10-11, 10:20
no problem one...can take equity loan during downturn to buy another hse if its oredi fully paid.....only borrow lesser mah...

yeah..downturn will see high borrowing costs esp. for investment purpose
and usually during downturn, tight liquidity.

some said better not keep cash
sold off oredi keeping cash and as usual itchy fingers...human nature
ppl said cash is king

kane
26-10-11, 10:34

ppl said cash is king

Previous downturns, government makes some spending, adjust taxes and interest rate and the economy rebounds. This round, they did that plus commit all these giant bailout funds. So where do these funds end up?

DC33_2008
26-10-11, 10:34
Good to always to have cash. The question is the quantum and proportion of one's wealth in cash. Even wealthy leverage on other's people money when borrowing rate is good. :)

ppl said cash is king

devilplate
26-10-11, 10:47
Rental in this area will be competitive with so many condos. There is another large 99LH condos nearer to boon keng mrt launching soon with more facilities.

actually everywhere in ccr/rcr rental vy competitive.....

den buy far north lor....less condos there:p

devilplate
26-10-11, 10:49

isit true? it all depends on fed rate (sibor rate rite?) banks spread will not exceed 1.5%

the only thing is u can borrow lesser during a bear market

kane
26-10-11, 10:51

Actually you are right. Although rental is less but you have less competition.

DC33_2008
26-10-11, 10:53
I am talking about micro and not macro factor. Rental will be competitive in Singapore as there are so many hdb flats on rental too. :cool:

devilplate
26-10-11, 10:56
I am talking about micro and not macro factor. Rental will be competitive in Singapore as there are so many hdb flats on rental too. :cool:

traditional d9,10,11 the most competitive but they r also the priciest

DC33_2008
26-10-11, 11:01
I do not want to say anything otherwise get bombarded by people in these Districts. For example, there is higher demand for some developments even in D11 alone. Facing and height of unit will be even more detail.
traditional d9,10,11 the most competitive but they r also the priciest

devilplate
26-10-11, 11:04
I do not want to say anything otherwise get bombarded by people in these Districts. For example, there is higher demand for some developments even in D11 alone. Facing and height of unit will be even more detail.

earlier on u r saying the area will b competitive for rental......

den now u r toking about individual projects/units?

DC33_2008
26-10-11, 11:13
Maybe you misunderstood my definition of Micro and Macro?
earlier on u r saying the area will b competitive for rental......

den now u r toking about individual projects/units?

devilplate
26-10-11, 11:14

i am refering to this comment:)

DC33_2008
26-10-11, 11:17
Micro area in this case is bendemeer area. Macro could be the city fringe area.
i am refering to this comment:)

hopeful
26-10-11, 11:38
Previous downturns, government makes some spending, adjust taxes and interest rate and the economy rebounds. This round, they did that plus commit all these giant bailout funds. So where do these funds end up?

why dont they follow Australia's example. Give cash to the people.

ahsoh88
26-10-11, 12:36
Property market is like stock market, when everyone is rushing in to buy
higher and higher that is where the danger lies !

ysyap
26-10-11, 12:56
By the look of things, with Greece default lurking and bank interest rate rising in 2012, the sense of cautious buying is everywhere. It can be seen by the way developers are pushing out launches like there is a competition or a year end deadline to meet. Those who buy now will likely buy at the peak. Those who think otherwise may continue with their purchase but just don't regret later... ;)

jwong71
26-10-11, 13:01
By the look of things, with Greece default lurking and bank interest rate rising in 2012, the sense of cautious buying is everywhere. It can be seen by the way developers are pushing out launches like there is a competition or a year end deadline to meet. Those who buy now will likely buy at the peak. Those who think otherwise may continue with their purchase but just don't regret later... ;)

some are in self-denial, or simply in their 'wonder'-land.

if those pple can access to caveats of past donkey decades, they wld diff prespective abt props are forever up:D

gn108
26-10-11, 13:06
This time is different...

Greece is baked into the price. Eurozone gettting their act together with meetings and Euro Fund being hatched. Even US is showing better economic numbers and China is not as bad. Things are going well.

Property market is like stock market, when everyone is rushing in to buy
higher and higher that is where the danger lies !

irisng
26-10-11, 13:29
most likely middle management to be paying that sort of rental.

Sometime early this year, the same unit was rented out to a surgeon for $4.9k/mth:scared-1:(6 mths contract).

ysyap
26-10-11, 13:56
Sometime early this year, the same unit was rented out to a surgeon for $4.9k/mth:scared-1:(6 mths contract).People surgeon can afford lah... only about 20% to 30% of his salary! :cheers1:

jwong71
26-10-11, 14:26
People surgeon can afford lah... only about 20% to 30% of his salary! :cheers1:
I think irisng tried to highlight the same unit rented at 4.9k down to 4.4k.

irisng
26-10-11, 14:55
I think irisng tried to highlight the same unit rented at 4.9k down to 4.4k.

Yup. I think it also depends on the group of people that you rented to. If your tenant holds a higher level post, he is more willing to pay for higher rental and vice versa.:2cents:

buttercarp
26-10-11, 15:23
Sometime early this year, the same unit was rented out to a surgeon for $4.9k/mth:scared-1:(6 mths contract).

Surgeon why must rent house?
Can buy own to stay.
Maybe FT surgeon?

DC33_2008
26-10-11, 15:32
Can buy own to stay.
Maybe FT surgeon?Also depends on the type of surgeon. Like homegrown Ms Lim.:scared-4:

kane
26-10-11, 15:37
6 mths contract different, it'll naturally be higher.

Lord Anus
26-10-11, 16:12
Can buy own to stay.
Maybe FT surgeon?

Rich doesn't mean stupid.

He is renting cos he can buy 2 GCB instead of one now, when the crash comes.

jwong71
26-10-11, 16:35
Rich doesn't mean stupid.

He is renting cos he can buy 2 GCB instead of one now, when the crash comes.

sekali is richwang's frd.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=198907&postcount=142
sold for a coolz profits of 400k, and now renting to buy again.

this musical chair game dont sekali backfired onto the locals, instead of foreigners:D

kane
26-10-11, 17:10
sekali is richwang's frd.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=198907&postcount=142
sold for a coolz profits of 400k, and now renting to buy again.

this musical chair game dont sekali backfired onto the locals, instead of foreigners:D

Good for landlords that they kept renting. Provides the market with a steady pool of tenants.

dmonddd
27-10-11, 14:40
anyone selling our property? put out mine but no serious buyer (hv buddy agent oredi..others need not pm me).
all viewing but for the fun of viewing?

very quiet in general. is it the same sentiment out there?
at times reading those desktop reports are no help...market feel is the best. Alot of properties up for rent and owners want to lock in tenant and throw it out..

think of doing same but some buyers want for own stay.

quiet..even forum is quiet...
in advertising same unit is either for sale and rent.

debating with wife..might as well lower price and keep cash (mine is old project and mass market D11). otherwise market tightens and there's opportunity will not be able t capitalize

more downsides than upsides in property market? anyone share different market feel

sh
27-10-11, 14:47
anyone selling our property? put out mine but no serious buyer (hv buddy agent oredi..others need not pm me).

at times reading those desktop reports are no help...market feel is the best. Alot of properties up for rent and owners want to lock in tenant and throw it out..

debating with wife..might as well lower price and keep cash (mine is old project and mass market D11). otherwise market tightens and there's opportunity will not be able t capitalize

more downsides than upsides in property market? anyone share different market feel

Are you asking for above last transacted price or at previously transacted price? Buyers not willing to pay about market now. I'm sure there are buyers at the right price.... just need to find the right price.

dmonddd
27-10-11, 15:05
Are you asking for above last transacted price or at previously transacted price? Buyers not willing to pay about market now. I'm sure there are buyers at the right price.... just need to find the right price.
i'm asking at last transacted price.. still no serious buyer
yeah i know everything is for sale.
but checking if the market is quiet

ysyap
27-10-11, 15:15
The property crash that indeed will never come at least for the near term! :cool:

gn108
27-10-11, 15:16
I put something for sale in June/July and only got one firm offer in Sept.
It's being rented at pretty decent yield - also in D11.
When it comes to 'Offer' - people not putting in the cheques so fast.

I reckon most of the 'easy' money was made since 2004/5 or 2009. Now risk/reward is 50:50. Either way. No one can stay wrong/right to sell/hold at this point.

dmonddd
27-10-11, 15:26
I put something for sale in June/July and only got one firm offer in Sept.
It's being rented at pretty decent yield - also in D11.
When it comes to 'Offer' - people not putting in the cheques so fast.

I reckon most of the 'easy' money was made since 2004/5 or 2009. Now risk/reward is 50:50. Either way. No one can stay wrong/right to sell/hold at this point.

lucky u and then (jun/jul) market was still ok and 2-3 mths to close.
looks like i need to shave a bit off the asking price.
never wrong to keep cash esp. market is uncertain and we are competing with developers for cash
urs must b not that old project - mine 14 years old project

gn108
27-10-11, 15:40
Not saying on what you sld or sld not do.
Just stating my experience - since you shared yours.

This mess in Europe cld clear up and property cld resume it;s climb.
But I figured, mortgage rates set to rise, govt come in for the 4th time, and lots of developments being completed over this and next year.
And I also think prices won't climb so fast from now.

lucky u and then (jun/jul) market was still ok and 2-3 mths to close.
looks like i need to shave a bit off the asking price.
never wrong to keep cash esp. market is uncertain and we are competing with developers for cash
urs must b not that old project - mine 14 years old project

ysyap
27-10-11, 16:34
And I also think prices won't climb so fast from now.Agreed. Also prices probably won't fall anytime soon either! :cool:

avo7007
27-10-11, 16:46
Agreed. Also prices probably won't fall anytime soon either! :cool:

Is the Singapore pty mkt going thru a zombie phase?:) It's not exactly dead, but it not technically alive too. I don't think anyone is winning in this kind of market..:doh:

gn108
27-10-11, 16:50
The living dead - I like that! Zombie.
Also a very good song by the Cranberries...

Is the Singapore pty mkt going thru a zombie phase?:) It's not exactly dead, but it not technically alive too. I don't think anyone is winning in this kind of market..:doh:

dmonddd
27-10-11, 17:12
my fren was telling me hat there are more downsides - pressure on prices to fall.

prices climbing up requires miracles..US out of desert, europe recovers with growth in gdp, india & china double digit gdp growth, everyone is spending to spur investments, stocks markets rebound to all time high...etc. my fren said if otherwise....a little negative news will send everyone cashing out..is that the case? i tend to agree with fren of more downsides in the market (be it stocks/property)

above is one of the reasons for me to sell and hold cash.

are all corporate companies you work in - slashing costs/expenses next yr?

phantom_opera
27-10-11, 17:15
Those who hold for 5y or 10y in China-A, Dow & STI probably lose money if you factor in inflation ... be thankful that properties manage to preserve our wealth:

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=000001.SS&t=5y&q=l&l=on&z=l&c=%5ESTI,%5EDJI&a=v&p=s&lang=en-SG&region=SG

dmonddd
27-10-11, 17:19
any one has report of condos that have good chi - 'plenty of water' with recent downpour

gn108
27-10-11, 17:21
2009 - was dire, but Helicopter Ben decided to flood the economy with QE1 and QE2, then FED rates alsp slashed.
This time Europe can do the same - so there's your upside.

But one thing is for sure, Greeks won't be your buyer.

devilplate
27-10-11, 19:14

I dun like to sell during a period like now......i prefer to sell when market is hot hot

D11, freehold.....possible for enbloc? Jus keep it lor......some of my ppty i will nvr sell......:D

dmonddd
27-10-11, 20:21
I dun like to sell during a period like now......i prefer to sell when market is hot hot

D11, freehold.....possible for enbloc? Jus keep it lor......some of my ppty i will nvr sell......:D

aint it better to cash out on old projects and later buy newer projects when market is down? the rental yield also comes with a renovation cost and provided you get a good tenant.

small property project and chances for enbloc is not there...if there's enbloc potential i would need to think hard now. like stocks sell with a profit and come back with other potential stocks . only problem for property is SSD now

howgozit
27-10-11, 20:27
aint it better to cash out on old projects and later buy newer projects when market is down? the rental yield also comes with a renovation cost and provided you get a good tenant.

small property project and chances for enbloc is not there...if there's enbloc potential i would need to think hard now. like stocks sell with a profit and come back with other potential stocks . only problem for property is SSD now

SSD? You mean you only bought it this year?

sh
27-10-11, 20:30
like you said. it's a zombie market. May go down, or up.... who knows:beats-me-man: but either way slooooowwwwwly.......

If the rental is good. just hold onto it. Better than putting money in the bank.:)

Don't forget the transaction cost when you change property....:(

kane
27-10-11, 21:08
If you can get a good price for your older property, worth a thought to readjust the portfolio.

dmonddd
27-10-11, 21:19
SSD? You mean you only bought it this year?no i meant the next property i'm buying.

howgozit
27-10-11, 21:26
no i meant the next property i'm buying.

OIC.... but if you are only going to buy when/if the property market crashes then I think you needn't worry too much about the SSD.

In fact I think you don't have to worry about the rest the cooling measures as well. Chances are they will all be lifted.

Good luck on your decision.

art10626
27-10-11, 21:36
I am always a bear ... always believe that market will look for the next bad headlines after one obstacle is cleared....

Wondering if anyone caught the news of Chinese protests and "violence" when people who bought flat earliers stormed developers for trying to get rid of stocks at 20%-40% off ... (ST today)

if anything happens in China... not sure if Singapore property price can still hold

sh
27-10-11, 21:41
I am always a bear ... always believe that market will look for the next bad headlines after one obstacle is cleared....

Wondering if anyone caught the news of Chinese protests and "violence" when people who bought flat earliers stormed developers for trying to get rid of stocks at 20%-40% off ... (ST today)

if anything happens in China... not sure if Singapore property price can still hold

for every bear... there's another bull.

The fact that there are so many expecting a crash and waiting to jump in again... that forms a strong support.

There's also going to be another wave of liquidity coming from europe.... There isn't that many places to park money.

ysyap
27-10-11, 22:17
no i meant the next property i'm buying.Then go for new launches which will take another 3 to 4 years to completion and by then can sell already... just nice for SSD. :o To me the bigger problem is the 60% LTV. :spliff:

Wild Falcon
28-10-11, 09:56
Major "first tier" cities like Beijing and Shanghai are taking the first hit already. Developers slashing prices by as high as 50%. But may not happen in Sg lah. But one thing is for sure, it is unlikely prices will shoot the roof anymore. Now buyers are more discerning - when there is a good deal with a low entry cost and significant runway for capital appreciation, they may still sell well. But those that try to sell at peakish prices with no development potential are left in the cold.

Wild Falcon
28-10-11, 10:02
BTW, with the huge number of ECs being launched and sold, I believe its a matter of time that the URA Index will start to fall, esp OCR. But it might be just a mirage. The index falls not because prices have come down; the index falls because of the greater mix of EC with restrictoins in the new launch market which will clearly skew the index downwards. So don't be too happy if index falls.

taggy
28-10-11, 11:18
Private housing prices moderate (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1162185/1/.html)

SINGAPORE: Prices of private residential properties increased by 1.3 per cent in the third quarter of 2011, lower than the 2.0 per cent rise in the previous quarter.

This was the eighth consecutive quarter in which the rate of increase in overall private housing prices had moderated, according to real estate statistics released on Friday by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

Prices of non-landed properties in Core Central Region (CCR) -- which includes postal districts 9, 10 and 11 -- increased at a slower pace of 0.7 per cent in the third quarter, compared to the 1.6 per cent rise in the previous quarter.

Meanwhile, prices for Rest of Central Region2 (RCR) and Outside Central Region (OCR) increased by 1.2 per cent and 2.1 per cent respectively in the third quarter.

This is slightly higher than the 1.1 per cent and 1.7 per cent increase in the previous quarter.

Rentals of private residential properties rose by 0.8 per cent in the third quarter, less than the 1.3 per cent increase in the previous quarter.

URA said there was a total supply of 76,255 uncompleted private residential units from projects in the pipeline, as at the end of the third quarter this year.

This supply is higher than the 71,111 units in the previous quarter, and also the highest ever recorded since
such data was first available in 1999.

Meanwhile, the total stock of completed Executive Condominium (EC) units remained unchanged at 10,430 units as at the end of the third quarter.

In addition,there were 5,332 EC units in the pipeline.

URA added that another 1,115 EC units could come from the EC sites that have been released for sale via the 2nd Half 2011 government land sales (GLS) Programme.

- CNA/wk

teddybear
28-10-11, 19:47
Why China property crash Singapore must crash?
It's like saying US property never recover so SG won't recover!
May be china prop crash & they come buy in SG?

Regulators
28-10-11, 19:52
Greedy developers in china over building with so many vacant units still unsold. They build so many high end condos in beijing but it is out of reach of the majority of the commoners. Pty Crash in china is expected.

thomastansb
28-10-11, 20:14
China crash and people come and buy Singapore at a higher price than China at a lower price? That is not possible. I think people sell Singapore and buy China. That sound more logical isn't it?

thomastansb
28-10-11, 20:22
My take is that the property market is just a few bad news away from dipping. I don't think the market can take that much bad news at one go. There are in fact some firesales ongoing (I got one also). I hope I am wrong though since I will make an immediate paper loss. Rental doesn't matter since property is sentiment driven in Singapore. Liquidity is going towards US than Asia instead recently. Don't ask me how I know, I just know. I think US is recovering. But if a combo Europe bad news + China bad news, I think that is it for our property market. Anyway, MAS just announce flat growth for next 12 months. Sound like 2008 to me. I really hope I am wrong.

for every bear... there's another bull.

The fact that there are so many expecting a crash and waiting to jump in again... that forms a strong support.

There's also going to be another wave of liquidity coming from europe.... There isn't that many places to park money.

howgozit
28-10-11, 20:26

Why would a Chinaman buy in SG if crash in China? What's the logic? Me no understand?:confused:

thomastansb
28-10-11, 20:38
Doesn't have to be chinaman. I think in general, after China crash and Singapore didn't, there will be more upside to buy China than Singapore.

Why would a Chinaman buy in SG if crash in China? What's the logic? Me no understand?:confused:

art10626
28-10-11, 21:53

Ha, thinking property like stock market, one big market down all down mah

ysyap
29-10-11, 07:00
China is going to pump many billions of $$ into the Euro crisis and if that investment don't work out, then China :scared-3:!

blackjack21trader
29-10-11, 07:21
1 Nov 2011 3 a.m.

I thought deeply about what Raju said, that there is this place on Earth that could let us break away from this system. That we could be Vaisyas or even our sons and grandsons could be Kshatriyas. This place where success is based purely on personal merits and hardwork, and the people are absolutely kind and friendly.

I turned on the bed and saw Chandni sleeping soundly. She is so beautiful...like a fairy descended upon our mortal worlds. I could not bring myself to break the news to her tomorrow as I do not know how will she react to my decision...

1 Nov 2011 7 a.m

I fought with my heart as I saw Chandni preparing breakfast on the old stove. Carrying our unborn child, she was too busy to notice me staring at her....

30 Nov 2011 3 p.m

" Go, Sabar ! Go on.....", Chandni gestured me to move on through the departure gate.

Oh...my beautiful wife, this must be hard for you. A man like me, has to leave my family here . I will miss you...but I shall return safely to fetch you all for a better life....

Then suddenly, Chandni turned her back to me and walked briskly of the airport.

Oh... Chandni my wife... you must be crying.. but a man like me has to bring a better life for you and our future son. I have to go.

Without further hesitation, I bite my lip and handed my passport to the custom.

30 Nov 2011 8 pm.

The Lion City.

august
29-10-11, 13:19
i LOL-ed :D

blackjack21trader
29-10-11, 17:00
i LOL-ed :D

A KTV ah lian also laughed at my university thesis paper when she read it by accident in my car last time in NUS la. I asked her what's so funny. She told me my England cannot make it la. That is why ,since that time 20 years go, I have been secretly practising England using forums like condosingapore and reading novels.

Brother August must be very envy of my England story telling skill, right ? or No ?

hyenergix
29-10-11, 17:03
You are better off sticking to your stocks and property market :47:

august
29-10-11, 19:39
A KTV ah lian also laughed at my university thesis paper when she read it by accident in my car last time in NUS la. I asked her what's so funny. She told me my England cannot make it la. That is why ,since that time 20 years go, I have been secretly practising England using forums like condosingapore and reading novels.

Brother August must be very envy of my England story telling skill, right ? or No ?

is funny lah, has the elements of a stephen chow movie :D

blackjack21trader
29-10-11, 20:24
is funny lah, has the elements of a stephen chow movie :D

wahlaueh ... it is meant to be sad la.....:ashamed1:

blackjack21trader
29-10-11, 20:25

you know... YOU ARE RIGHT , brother ! LOL

blackjack21trader
29-10-11, 20:30

I think 2 counters could be under attack next week: BS6 & F83. Be careful...if got profits, take hor...

Allthepies
29-10-11, 20:37
I think 2 counters could be under attack next week: BS6 & F83. Be careful...if got profits, take hor...

Any counter that will cheong next week? :D

ysyap
29-10-11, 21:01
you know... YOU ARE RIGHT , brother ! LOLYour England not bad lah... at least better than mine! :rolleyes:

Regulators
30-10-11, 07:29
Our england all sama sama lah, can understand each other good enough liao

blackjack21trader
31-10-11, 10:42

well, i am no fortune teller, but 2 counters you can keep watch on is g13 and n21. But enter at the correct price hor...and remember.. no big lots transactions to attract the BBs' attention hor...just quietly go in today or tomm lor... kekekekeke

神龙股侠。
NIL SINE LABORE!

Disclaimers: Nobody can predict the future.. so dun blame me for anything !:doh: posted 10:45am 31 Oct 2011.

Petersim
31-10-11, 11:49
1 Nov 2011 3 a.m.

I thought deeply about what Raju said, that there is this place on Earth that could let us break away from this system. That we could be Vaisyas or even our sons and grandsons could be Kshatriyas. This place where success is based purely on personal merits and hardwork, and the people are absolutely kind and friendly.

I turned on the bed and saw Chandni sleeping soundly. She is so beautiful...like a fairy descended upon our mortal worlds. I could not bring myself to break the news to her tomorrow as I do not know how will she react to my decision...

1 Nov 2011 7 a.m

I fought with my heart as I saw Chandni preparing breakfast on the old stove. Carrying our unborn child, she was too busy to notice me staring at her....

30 Nov 2011 3 p.m

" Go, Sabar ! Go on.....", Chandni gestured me to move on through the departure gate.

Oh...my beautiful wife, this must be hard for you. A man like me, has to leave my family here . I will miss you...but I shall return safely to fetch you all for a better life....

Then suddenly, Chandni turned her back to me and walked briskly of the airport.

Oh... Chandni my wife... you must be crying.. but a man like me has to bring a better life for you and our future son. I have to go.

Without further hesitation, I bite my lip and handed my passport to the custom.

30 Nov 2011 8 pm.

The Lion City.

Yo brother BJT21,
thanks for the narration of your story. Actually already happened / happening as one of the tenants I had leased to are new Indian migrants to our lion city, husband in the shipping/logistics industry, 2 teenage daughters in tow, and wife as house maker. Got a copies of their Passes and could see they were most recently minted. The husband said there will be more and more of his family type moving to the lion city. Mind you, these are not poor or middle class indians; certainly from their looks they belong to the higher class of their society (they have no "BO" which was my original fear; not racist/no offence here), but seek an alternative lifestyle here due to our political stability, better education system for their kids, and overall safe environment. Just sharing my 2 cents....

ysyap
31-10-11, 11:51
Yo brother BJT21,
thanks for the narration of your story. Actually already happened / happening as one of the tenants I had leased to are new Indian migrants to our lion city, husband in the shipping/logistics industry, 2 teenage daughters in tow, and wife as house maker. Got a copies of their Passes and could see they were most recently minted. The husband said there will be more and more of his family type moving to the lion city. Mind you, these are not poor or middle class indians; certainly from their looks they belong to the higher class of their society (they have no "BO" which was my original fear; not racist/no offence here), but seek an alternative lifestyle here due to our political stability, better education system for their kids, and overall safe environment. Just sharing my 2 cents....Good to know. Just like the new neighbors of Piglet! :)

blackjack21trader
31-10-11, 12:15
Yo brother BJT21,
thanks for the narration of your story. Actually already happened / happening as one of the tenants I had leased to are new Indian migrants to our lion city, husband in the shipping/logistics industry, 2 teenage daughters in tow, and wife as house maker. Got a copies of their Passes and could see they were most recently minted. The husband said there will be more and more of his family type moving to the lion city. Mind you, these are not poor or middle class indians; certainly from their looks they belong to the higher class of their society (they have no "BO" which was my original fear; not racist/no offence here), but seek an alternative lifestyle here due to our political stability, better education system for their kids, and overall safe environment. Just sharing my 2 cents....

smart brother ! you are the only one who get the message in my story. well, in a few of my OCR units; there are at least one Indian family on each floor hor.. :)

devilplate
31-10-11, 12:19
smart brother ! you are the only one who get the message in my story. well, in a few of my OCR units; there are at least one Indian family on each floor hor.. :)
Better bros here better open their options to india tenants lor....hehehe

DC33_2008
31-10-11, 12:53
Have rented to an Indian family whose father works in US for a while and join a MNC in Singapore. They are modern ones, no "BO" and do not use coconut oil for haircream. Glad to have them. Pay rental on time and even repainted the place before they left. :D
Yo brother BJT21,

ysyap
31-10-11, 13:14
Is there a HDB rental market for this group of Indians? I understand and have seen for myself that most foreigners who rent HDB flats are Mainland Chinese. Is that true?

DC33_2008
31-10-11, 13:16
Can an indian own HDB flat rent their flat to a Chinese family? Composition of races will change?
Is there a HDB rental market for this group of Indians? I understand and have seen for myself that most foreigners who rent HDB flats are Mainland Chinese. Is that true?

devilplate
31-10-11, 13:32
Can an indian own HDB flat rent their flat to a Chinese family? Composition of races will change?

no restriction on ethnic group for hdb subletting;)

blackjack21trader
01-11-11, 06:21
no restriction on ethnic group for hdb subletting;)

Brother devilplate is correct, heard from one of my friends this.

ysyap
01-11-11, 06:25
Brother devilplate is correct, heard from one of my friends this.You changed your post very quickly. What the rich descending on the Lion City? Its to be published at 8am later?

blackjack21trader
01-11-11, 12:19
You changed your post very quickly. What the rich descending on the Lion City? Its to be published at 8am later?

hi brother ysyap. I am preparing the millenium article to bash forumer basic. Not ready yet... just have to polish a bit more first. looks like his thread is catching up mine very fast... too fast for comfort liao

kekekekekeke

:D

ysyap
01-11-11, 12:25
No competition lah... but when two of you who started such thought provoking threads come face to face in presenting your thoughts, beliefs and data, it'll be highly interesting, entertaining and most importantly relevant to all forumers and investors! 2012 and beyond! :sleep:

amk
01-11-11, 13:01
BJ21's posts are far more entertaining to read. The other one is very emotional, full of big words. And he easily offended a lot of ppl. Even some nice lady forumers who normally dun get so heated up in forums.
Bj21 bro was not shy to admit mistakes made (for example enter too early in July ?). The other one will not give an inch. Even for obvious errors (for example SOR case, and the funny thing is this SOR number doesn't even affect his argument, he can still continue to support his case while admitting this error)
so in a nutshell, BJ21 my friend you are never going to win this competition ;)

Laguna
01-11-11, 14:08
hi brother ysyap. I am preparing the millenium article to bash forumer basic. Not ready yet... just have to polish a bit more first. looks like his thread is catching up mine very fast... too fast for comfort liao

kekekekekeke

waiting....
I believe u will put up a great show

blackjack21trader
02-11-11, 11:27

well, i am no fortune teller, but 2 counters you can keep watch on is g13 and n21. But enter at the correct price hor...and remember.. no big lots transactions to attract the BBs' attention hor...just quietly go in today or tomm lor... kekekekeke

神龙股侠。
NIL SINE LABORE!

Disclaimers: Nobody can predict the future.. so dun blame me for anything !:doh: posted 10:45am 31 Oct 2011.

brother pies got enter N21 yesterday or not leh? heheheheheh

神龙股侠。
NIL SINE LABORE!

Disclaimers: Nobody can predict the future.. so dun blame me for anything !:doh: posted 11:28AM 2 Nov 2011.

Rysk
02-11-11, 12:12
BJ21's posts are far more entertaining to read. The other one is very emotional, full of big words. And he easily offended a lot of ppl. Even some nice lady forumers who normally dun get so heated up in forums.
Bj21 bro was not shy to admit mistakes made (for example enter too early in July ?). The other one will not give an inch. Even for obvious errors (for example SOR case, and the funny thing is this SOR number doesn't even affect his argument, he can still continue to support his case while admitting this error)
so in a nutshell, BJ21 my friend you are never going to win this competition ;)

The other one?? Oh ya! You mean the one who:

Talk big big now drop 10-20%.. when kena hamtam.... quick change to time will tell :D
Talk big big S'pore.. when kena hamtam.... quick divert attention back to China/HK :D
Talk big big here & there.. when kena question & can't answer.... say he no need to answer all ppl question :D
One moment said he is here for discussion.. when got heat-up.... next moment said he is not here for a discussion :D
When kena hamtam jialet jialet by ppl & no where to hid.. just say ppl is a liar :D

Twist & turn very good.. Divert attention also very good.. cut & paste news very good. :D
Keep calling ppl Fool & Born Loser on ppl who choose to keep their pty.. :D

blackjack21trader
02-11-11, 15:06

Talk big big now drop 10-20%.. when kena hamtam.... quick change to time will tell :D
Talk big big S'pore.. when kena hamtam.... quick divert attention back to China/HK :D
Talk big big here & there.. when kena question & can't answer.... say he no need to answer all ppl question :D
One moment said he is here for discussion.. when got heat-up.... next moment said he is not here for a discussion :D
When kena hamtam jialet jialet by ppl & no where to hid.. just say ppl is a liar :D

Twist & turn very good.. Divert attention also very good.. cut & paste news very good. :D
Keep calling ppl Fool & Born Loser on ppl who choose to keep their pty.. :D

LOL...thanks for bashing "the other one" for me....hehehehe

ysyap
02-11-11, 15:07

Keep calling ppl Fool & Born Loser on ppl who choose to keep their pty.. :DYes yes, that one! :o

Rysk
02-11-11, 15:59
Yes yes, that one! :o

Yes! Basically.. he's the one!! haha:D

howgozit
02-11-11, 16:04
These are my unqualified observations.

While BJ21T's posts are entertaining, he is also cryptic on data and analyses. What I sense is a non-committal position leaning towards bullish. His motives may be to "talk up" the market, perhaps due to his supposed disastrous outing at the stock market.

On the other hand, Basic is "cock-sure" arrogant and writes with a lot of conviction. His predictions whether accurate or not are so extreme that we don't want to believe it. His thread is more prolific simply bcoz those of us vested (which is probably everyone in the forum) want to counter him.

One major disagreement btw the two is the analysis on the impact of China's property downturn. I tend to agree with Basic's view on this.

While Singapore is safe, hip, trendy....blah, blah.... People tend to forget that Singapore is not a mover or shaker on the world stage. Singaporeans forget that it's a miracle we are thriving on. Any economic calamity in Singapore will barely register a blip on the Dow Jones or DAX.

Singapore is in the downstream of China's wealth or for that matter India or any other country's wealth. I certainly don't buy the argument that if China property plunges, Chinamen will flock to Singapore to buy in and maintain or even push up our already very high psf.

Many people are harping on Basic's reference to HKG ppty... but ask any Chinaman in your contacts what is a Chinamen's priority of purchase.. Singapore or Hong Kong... the answer is of course HKG. So HKG is a relevant indicator to what is ahead bcoz we are downstream of HKG. It is certainly relevant to keep an eye on HKG.

Just my 2:2cents:

devilplate
02-11-11, 16:13
Its gd to have them to keep the forum active.....can tcss

howgozit
02-11-11, 16:31
Its gd to have them to keep the forum active.....can tcss

Agree... every info should be valued whatever your position is.

blackjack21trader
02-11-11, 19:10
These are my unqualified observations.

While BJ21T's posts are entertaining, he is also cryptic on data and analyses. What I sense is a non-committal position leaning towards bullish. His motives may be to "talk up" the market, perhaps due to his supposed disastrous outing at the stock market.

One major disagreement btw the two is the analysis on the impact of China's property downturn. I tend to agree with Basic's view on this.

While Singapore is safe, hip, trendy....blah, blah.... People tend to forget that Singapore is not a mover or shaker on the world stage. Singaporeans forget that it's a miracle we are thriving on. Any economic calamity in Singapore will barely register a blip on the Dow Jones or DAX.

Just my 2:2cents:

Brother howgozit, you are so right that I am non-committal on my calls though I am clearly bullish on Singapore properties. That is because nobody can predict the future, and I can only give cryptic comments for the brothers like yourself who are truly original and knowledgeable on the World's affairs.

My target audience is learned people like you. If one can't understand or decipher my hints, most probably one should not take on so much risks to invest in my calls. Even if one is able to decipher my messages, one should stick to one's original judgement when handling one's own hard earned money :)

I can not be too direct as I do not want to "HAI SI LANG ARH " ( Hokkien: sabotage people). Since to miss a great buy is always better to take a grave loss, correct or not ? brothers !

However, whether I make in the stock markets or not, I still maintain Singapore properties is a gem. How So ?

You see, where are the main wealth now situated ? China- that is- it is very obvious that they are the richest in CASH due to their ridiculous surplus. Imagine you are a rich Chinaman, where can you invest your RMB? Let's examine this further:

1) In the West ? Unfortunately, you cannot bring RMB to buy their assets there, correct or not? You also cannot convert readily RMB to USD, correct or not? Or even JPY, Or even Euro, Or even GBP, or even CHF ! ( Note: By converting readily, I mean to convert easily WITHIN China RMB into USD. )

2) But, you most certainly and can more easily convert RMB to other currencies in this great place called http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wx8raXPyvo..However, there is ONE CATCH- By now, your wealth also not easily converted into Western assets also what. So How har ?

3) Which brings us to the point that investing in Hong Kong properties is the best alternative to protect your China wealth. Even better, in Singapore properties- the Angmo's blue eyes boy ! How so ? Because one fine day, China also will start their own QE la !:banghead:

Good Luck !

phantom_opera
02-11-11, 19:14
but bro blackjack very explicit and clear about which stocks to punt leh ... no doubt he may have insider info but not afraid of "hai3 xi2 lang2" meh :D ?

blackjack21trader
02-11-11, 19:16
but bro blackjack very explicit and clear about which stocks to punt leh ... no doubt he may have insider info but not afraid of "hai3 xi2 lang2" meh :D ?

It is called "the blind leading the blinds" la , where got info one ? u mean the real old bird ( lao chiao ) will listen to me meh ? correct or not, brother phantom_opera?

dun gamble stocks with your hard earned money la...BUY PROPERTIES BETTER hor... even stock guru after striking gold will invest their cash in real estates also mah ...

LOL

blackjack21trader
02-11-11, 19:31
Oh no, basic's thread surpassed mine !

:simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

avo7007
02-11-11, 19:54
It is certainly relevant to keep an eye on HKG.

This is what i posted in the "shall not be name" thread:p :

The rising number of homeowners in Hong Kong with apartments valued below their mortgages may further affect sentiment, which is already hurt by the global downturn and government measures, according to Barclays Capital Research.

Approximately 1,653 mortgages suffered “negative equity” in Q3, up from only 48 loans three months earlier, with home loan values increasing to HK$4.1 billion (S$659.8 million) from HK$58 million, said the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA).

This provides “the first clear evidence of the on-going decline in Hong Kong property prices,” said Andrew Lawrence and Vivien Chan, analysts from Barclays Hong Kong.

They noted that the increasing negative equity “suggests that bank valuations for mortgages are falling quickly.”

“Home buyers will either need to use more equity to fund their home purchases or negotiate lower prices.”

amk
02-11-11, 20:21
The biggest diff is, one is at least polite , the other is so rude it's annoying. There are etiquettes in forums too. There is nothing wrong being bearish, even extreme bearish. But no need to bemean everyone else to drive your point ("you are such a fool that cannot see this.." etc )

Allthepies
02-11-11, 21:01
brother pies got enter N21 yesterday or not leh? heheheheheh

Oh brother trader, I didn't see ur post until now.... heehee waiting for ur next recommendation :D

hopeful
02-11-11, 21:12
The biggest diff is, one is at least polite , the other is so rude it's annoying. There are etiquettes in forums too. There is nothing wrong being bearish, even extreme bearish. But no need to bemean everyone else to drive your point ("you are such a fool that cannot see this.." etc )

if the 2 are criminals.
basic = rough thug in your face approach. when he robs you, you feel unhappy.
bj21 = smooth talking operator. you feel happy "donating" money to him :D

ysyap
02-11-11, 21:47

:simmering: :simmering: :simmering:Because you contributed to his thread ma! :D

blackjack21trader
02-11-11, 21:53
if the 2 are criminals.
basic = rough thug in your face approach. when he robs you, you feel unhappy.
bj21 = smooth talking operator. you feel happy "donating" money to him :D

HAHAHAHA..chiokapeng la , you really make my day. But seriously speaking, basic sounded very much like alam1 from CNA forum leh....:doh:

kane
02-11-11, 22:02
this thread become macro economic news thread whilst for lobangs quite a few keen eyes have started pointing out more interesting opportunities in the other thread.

blackjack21trader
02-11-11, 22:07
first Mega Lion purchase of a SuperLuxury Unit will break all previous record and happened on Nassim Hill on the 23 Nov 2011.

The second one will be in Hamilton Scotts after the above.

Good Luck.

heheheheheh...

blackjack21trader
02-11-11, 22:15
this thread become macro economic news thread whilst for lobangs quite a few keen eyes have started pointing out more interesting opportunities in the other thread.

that i have to agree with you.. it appears like that to you because i am running out of brain juice liao la... it appears that more and more highly learned and sophiscated investors are coming to this forum.

I am observing their posts silently actually...there are many well versed in world's affairs and economy. Who are these forumers? how come they are so well-read ? most young lion professionals are not even on par with them. Why do they have such a keen interest in the general paper ?

this really contradicts with my own personal experience with young Lions where they are mostly concerned with work and branded goods.

guess i have to work harder to match this calibre of forumers liao.....:doh:

kane
02-11-11, 22:20
that i have to agree with you.. it appears like that to you because i am running out of brain juice liao la... it appears that more and more highly learned and sophiscated investors are coming to this forum.

I am observing their posts silently actually...there are many well versed in world's affairs and economy. Who are these forumers? how come they are so well-read ? most young lion professionals are not even on par with them. Why do they have such a keen interest in the general paper ?

this really contradicts with my own personal experience with young Lions where they are mostly concerned with work and branded goods.

guess i have to work harder to match this calibre of forumers liao.....:doh:

young lions have a tendency to suffer from analysis paralysis. you ka ka hoot, so you still one up.

howgozit
02-11-11, 22:32

:simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

Ahhh......

that is why even though I agree with some of his views, I post it on your thread not on his... keep your thread relevant and alive mah... anyway both of you are on the same topic but in a different direction.

plus you nicer also.. if dun agree with you at least you don't call me "fool" or "idiot" (at least not yet);)

howgozit
02-11-11, 22:41
Imagine you are a rich Chinaman, where can you invest your RMB? Let's examine this further:

1) In the West ? Unfortunately, you cannot bring RMB to buy their assets there, correct or not? You also cannot convert readily RMB to USD, correct or not? Or even JPY, Or even Euro, Or even GBP, or even CHF ! ( Note: By converting readily, I mean to convert easily WITHIN China RMB into USD. )

This has been happening for a while now

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29162036/ns/business-real_estate/t/chinese-finding-us-real-estate-bargain/

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Sources/sourceAP.gif

updated 2/12/2009 1:37:12 PM ET 2009-02-12T18:37:12

BEIJING (http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&where1=BEIJING&sty=h&form=msdate) — Beijing lawyer Ying Guohua is heading to the United States on a shopping trip, looking not for designer clothes or jewelry, but for a $1 million home in New York City or Los Angeles.
He expects to get a bargain. Ying is part of a growing number of Chinese who are joining tours organized especially for investors who want to take advantage of slumping U.S. real estate prices amid a financial crisis.
"It's a great time to buy because of the financial crisis, and houses in large cities like New York and Los Angeles will definitely go up in a few years," Ying said. The home is an investment, but he's also planning long-term: He hopes his 5-year-old son might use it if he goes to college in the United States.
While China's ultra-rich have been buying property in the U.S. for years, the buying tours are new, made attractive by still-rising Chinese income levels and American real estate prices that have been falling for two and a half years.
More than 100 Chinese buyers have joined such tours since late 2008, according to Chen Hang, the China-born vice president of real estate at Fortune Group. The Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, company shows foreclosed commercial property to Chinese buyers.
"The Chinese are going to seize the opportunity to take advantage of some great deals," Chen said.
Ying, the Beijing lawyer, is one of 40 investors going to New York, California, Boston and Las Vegas on a Feb. 24-March 6 tour organized by Beijing-based SouFun Holdings Ltd., a real estate Web site. SouFun plans to show participants foreclosed properties priced at $300,000 to $800,000.
"We never thought these tours would garner such interest, but we've had an overwhelming response," said SouFun CEO Richard Dai. "Before, we heard of Chinese or Hong Kong movie stars buying homes in the U.S., and now more and more Chinese can afford to have the same."
The home-buying opportunities mirror a larger trend. Cash-rich Chinese companies are looking to buy resources made suddenly cheaper by the downturn or companies suffering under the global debt meltdown. On Thursday, the Aluminum Corp. of China, also known as Chinalco and the world's leading aluminum producer, invested $19.5 billion in debt-burdened global miner Rio Tinto Group — China's biggest overseas investment to date.
Because the authoritarian government has imposed controls limiting China's exposure to international capital flows, the country has largely avoided the worst of the global financial crisis. Meanwhile, high-level incomes have continued to rise. China had the world's fifth-largest population of millionaires in 2008 with 391,000, up 20 percent from the previous year, according to Boston Consulting Group.

But Chinese with money in the bank have few good investment options at home. Real estate prices have cooled and stock prices peaked in October 2007 after a two-year boom that saw shares rise six-fold in value. After years in which foreign money poured into China to take advantage of the hot economy, economists estimate that tens of billions of dollars began leaving the country in the last three months of 2008 as Chinese investors began bargain-hunting.
Chinese buyers are looking at both commercial property and homes to rent out or use on business trips. And the U.S. has plenty of unsold homes to offer — 3.67 million as of the end of December, according to the National Association of Realtors.
Many buyers are unfamiliar with U.S. markets, so they focus on well-known ethnic Chinese neighborhoods, according to John Wu, president of the Chinese American Real Estate Professionals Association in San Gabriel, Calif.
Lion's Property Development Group in New York City organizes Chinese groups to visit New York homes. The company also treats visitors to Broadway shows and famous restaurants in hopes that they will take to the city and buy a $1 million to $2.5 million home.
Trips are pricey. Ying, the lawyer, paid $2,200 — nearly the equivalent of the annual income for many Chinese — plus airfare.
Participants in a 10-day January tour organized by Beijing-based Environment International Travel Agency had to show proof of an annual income of at least $30,000 and that they owned a car and property in China.
A real estate developer from the southern city of Changsha said he spent $3,500 for the 10-day trip to view $500,000 to $1 million homes, and it worked.
He found a house in California's Silicon Valley that he planned to buy for his 20-year-old daughter, a university student in Boston who plans on attending graduate school in the Bay area.
"My daughter's monthly rent is $1,000, so it makes sense to buy a place, because I'm getting a return rather than throwing money away," said the developer. He would talk on condition that he be identified only by his surname, Zeng.
The price of the house, he said, was $1 million, compared with $1.3 million before the crisis in early 2007.
"The price is low now, but it's in a good neighborhood with breathtaking views, so it will definitely appreciate," he said.

ysyap
02-11-11, 22:54
guess i have to work harder to match this calibre of forumers liao.....:doh:No need to match lah.. if you can excel in every field and match in every discussion, then you are a superhuman liao. Share when you have the knowledge and expertise and learn when others have the knowledge and expertise. Simple lah! :o

ysyap
02-11-11, 23:05
Brother howgozit, you are so right that I am non-committal on my calls though I am clearly bullish on Singapore properties. That is because nobody can predict the future, and I can only give cryptic comments for the brothers like yourself who are truly original and knowledgeable on the World's affairs.

My target audience is learned people like you. If one can't understand or decipher my hints, most probably one should not take on so much risks to invest in my calls. Even if one is able to decipher my messages, one should stick to one's original judgement when handling one's own hard earned money :)

I can not be too direct as I do not want to "HAI SI LANG ARH " ( Hokkien: sabotage people). Since to miss a great buy is always better to take a grave loss, correct or not ? brothers !

However, whether I make in the stock markets or not, I still maintain Singapore properties is a gem. How So ?

You see, where are the main wealth now situated ? China- that is- it is very obvious that they are the richest in CASH due to their ridiculous surplus. Imagine you are a rich Chinaman, where can you invest your RMB? Let's examine this further:

2) But, you most certainly and can more easily convert RMB to other currencies in this great place called http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wx8raXPyvo..However, there is ONE CATCH- By now, your wealth also not easily converted into Western assets also what. So How har ?

3) Which brings us to the point that investing in Hong Kong properties is the best alternative to protect your China wealth. Even better, in Singapore properties- the Angmo's blue eyes boy ! How so ? Because one fine day, China also will start their own QE la !:banghead:

Good Luck !Totally agreed. Singapore's is Chinese investor's 3rd favourite destination. http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/As...02-308243.html (http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111102-308243.html)

hopeful
02-11-11, 23:13
This has been happening for a while now

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29162036/ns/business-real_estate/t/chinese-finding-us-real-estate-bargain/

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Sources/sourceAP.gif

updated 2/12/2009 1:37:12 PM ET 2009-02-12T18:37:12
was that posted in 2009???
a lifetime ago le

howgozit
02-11-11, 23:14
Totally agreed. Singapore's is Chinese investor's 3rd favourite destination. http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/As...02-308243.html

I think Singapore is 3rd on emigration list (behind USA and Canada)

but 4th on list for investment (behind USA, Hong Kong and Canada)

phantom_opera
02-11-11, 23:21
Jim Rogers sold his NY apartment, moved to SG and mandated his daughter to learn Chinese, yet so many Chinese want to be in America, who will be the ultimate fool :p

howgozit
02-11-11, 23:24
was that posted in 2009???
a lifetime ago le

Yep... that's right it's a long time ago. I was responding to BJ21T's post that the Chinese are unable to invest in propeties in the west, which unfortunately is not true and it has been going on for a while now. Here's another article... also from way back.

http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_images/clear.gif
http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_images/usat_logo2.gif (http://www.usatoday.com/)http://i.usatoday.net/_common/_images/clear.gif
Chinese house hunters tour U.S. in search of sweet deal
By Calum MacLeod, USA TODAY
BEIJING — A special Chinese tour group is heading to the United States later this month to go bargain hunting for houses at foreclosure prices.
More than 40 affluent house hunters from across China will begin a trip to Boston, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles on Feb. 24 in search of cheap homes to buy. Their goal: to find investment property and housing their children could use when they go to the USA to study or work. Their budget: $300,000 to $800,000 apiece.

CHART: Price declines in four major cities (http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/2009-02-10-china-foreclosed-us-houses_N.htm#chart)

"U.S. house prices are lower now, and we'll also be looking at low-price houses auctioned off by the courts," says Zhao Xinyu, a manager at Soufun.com, China's leading real estate website and the trip's organizer.
This is the first overseas buying trip for the real estate firm, whose name in Chinese means "search house" and which has organized house-hunting trips inside China. It may not be the last.

"We won't force our clients to buy," Zhao says of this first group of bargain hunters, who are paying $3,600 each for the trip. "But if it's successful, we'll organize several more trips this year."
Hunting for businesses, employees, too
Cash-rich China, whose purchases of U.S. Treasury notes help prop up the federal government, is looking to recession-stricken America for more than just houses at the right price.
Chinese companies are on the ground looking for U.S. firms on the skids, says David Putnam, head of Asia for Houlihan Lokey, a Los Angeles-based investment bank that specializes in financial restructuring. They're looking for people, too.
"We are aware of a number of Chinese strategic players who are interested in acquiring distressed U.S. assets in a number of industries," says Putnam, who is based in Hong Kong. "They have people looking on their behalf, and they are sending people over to visit."
In the last two months, headhunters have been scouring America's decimated financial sector mostly for ethnic Chinese executives. Twenty banks from the Chinese financial capital of Shanghai toured in December in search of talent, the China Daily newspaper reported. Last month, the Chinese government dispatched recruiters to New York and Chicago for 1,700 people to help build the country's nascent financial services industry.
But houses are assets that individual Chinese with money can try to cash in on.
"Once Chinese accumulate some capital, we want to find an outlet," says Shen Yue, a Chinese film producer. "China is growing richer, but this is still a country run by the Communist Party, which inherently distrusts private property. The party's power is more than the rule of law. That is scary, and we cannot be sure about changes in the future. The U.S. market and social system are more stable."
Shen, who already owns four houses in Beijing and Shanghai and who hasn't been to America, says he wants to take a future Soufun.com house-hunting trip to the United States and spend up to $500,000 for a house.
There appear to be plenty of others like him. Soufun.com's trip to the USA originally was planned for January, but it was delayed because the number of applicants outnumbered the spots on the tour tenfold. The tour targeted Boston, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles for the potential buying spree because of their large ethnic Chinese communities and because they have a large number of universities.
Although individual Chinese have been buying property in the USA for several years, this is the first organized group trip, says professor Wang Hongxin, director of the Real Estate Research Institute of Beijing Normal University.
"This is a good experiment," Wang says of the tour. "For despite the recent price falls, the market in the U.S. is more stable and civilized (than China). This is a high-income group who want a new investment, or a new lifestyle, and a house near a university for their children. In the future, there will be more Chinese heading to the USA to live and work."
Buyers beware
Wang contends, however, that China's housing market may be a better investment than America's.
"The Chinese real estate market has the greatest potential worldwide," he says. "Currently, it is not as hot as in previous years, but the rates of return will still be higher than other markets."
He also warns, "Some of the group (of Chinese buyers) may underestimate the challenges of investing overseas, as they are unfamiliar with the U.S. culture and system."
Dan Harris, a Seattle lawyer and co-writer of the popular China Law blog, echoes those concerns.
Many potential buyers, Harris says, "believe that by buying property in the U.S., it will increase their chances of getting a visa — but it won't."
Harris also worries Chinese buyers may end up with the wrong kind of bargain, such as a foreclosed crack-house. "It's like an American going over to Shanghai to buy property, and we have had many horror stories there," he says.
Shen, the film producer, sees only an upside.
"After the subprime crisis, U.S. houses are down by 20% or 30% — even more than the price falls in China," he says. "I just need to find the right channel to invest."
The way Shen sees it, the Chinese may be a big help to Americans saddled with mortgages they cannot pay. He says there are several hundred thousand Chinese like him who easily can pay up to $500,000 for a house.
"We are a huge market for the USA," he says

howgozit
02-11-11, 23:31
HAHAHAHA..chiokapeng la , you really make my day. But seriously speaking, basic sounded very much like alam1 from CNA forum leh....:doh:

I think he is.....

blackjack21trader
02-11-11, 23:54
Dear brother howgozit, you have not seen nothing yet. Those examples you brought up are all current accounts. The big fish is the capital account, which is still under capital control. Your humble brother here is actually waiting for this fish, not the old little ikan billis you guys have been reading in the newspapers now .

The China Digest

DECEMBER 28TH, 2010

New policies to stipulate more relaxed control of capital outflow are expected to be issued shortly as the next step in China’s long march towards a fully convertible Chinese currency, according to the State Administration of Foreign Exchange.

“With the new measures, China’s capital account will be more open, and that will create conditions for cross-border capital movement and the development of China’s capital market,” Wei Benhua, vice-director of the administration, said in a speech.

The speech, published by the administration on its website yesterday, was made last week to a business conference in New York.

China’s financial authorities have decided to allow some institutional investors, such as the social security fund and insurance companies to invest in overseas markets. But detailed rules have not yet been worked out. The measures Wei talked about could include steps taken concerning these issues.

Foreign exchange flow is categorized as two big items – currency account, which mainly covers transactions of international trade, and capital account, which is about capital flows.

Chinese currency, the renminbi or yuan, is already convertible under the current account, but is still not fully convertible under the capital account.

Chinese officials have said the country will eventually make the yuan a real hard currency, but they will do it with a well-managed approach.

Wei quoted criteria suggested by the International Monetary Fund for a country in making its currency fully convertible: stable macroeconomic conditions, appropriate foreign exchange rate levels, effective financial regulation and adequate forex reserves.

“For China, the following conditions will also be important (in determining when the renminbi can be made a truly hard currency). They are: a healthy financial system, commercial entities that are adaptable to market development, market-oriented interest rates, a more flexible forex rate mechanism and effective macroeconomic control system,” Wei said.

He said in opening the capital account, the financial authorities would use a phased approach and follow the principle of doing the easy parts before the hard ones.

For every move financial authorities take to open the capital account, they would make sure that “the risks are controllable and there is room for manoeuvre,” Wei said.

Specifically, controls over transactions concerning capital inflow would be relaxed before outflow, long-term flow before short-term flow, transactions with real background before transactions with no real background. Control of financial institutions would be loosened before that of non-financial institutions and private individuals, he said.

China opened its current account in 1996. So far, financial authorities have lifted control over about half of 43 capital account items.

:scared-5:

hehehehehe I guess alam1 did not know that.

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore !

DaytonaSS
03-11-11, 00:16
Dear brother howgozit, you have not seen nothing yet. Those examples you brought up are all current accounts. The big fish is the capital account, which is still under capital control. Your humble brother here is actually waiting for this fish, not the old little ikan billis you guys have been reading in the newspapers now .

:scared-5:

hehehehehe I guess alam1 did not know that.

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore !

So master 3rd eye what u are saying is china is the super wild card. If Singapore drops 50%, a small portion of the capital $$$ will come in n scope up all the properties.

Which KWB is worried and is monitoring. Cos soon , the China chinese will become the super landlords while 80% of singaporeans will be stuck at HDB. While HDB prices bows to political pressure by the Gen Ys, the condo dream will fade even further, cos we ying lang ru shi ( invite wolf into the house)

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 00:31
and how so ?

we have heard of Goldman Sach Funds, George Soros Funds, and all the many countless angmo funds playing the stock markets. But have we heard of The Dragon Fund ? No. and why ?

Let your humble brother enlighten you. The reason is the Time is Not Ripe yet. China know very well that the local funds are not up to it yet. If they unleash the capital outflow now, sure kena whack left,right,center one la. Experience and history told them so.

But can China keep holding the ballooning surplus?

look at this:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/boj.jpg

(Hint: Only for once is there a net outflow from China ! :doh: )

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/boj2.jpg

(Hint: Which policy is pro-outflow ? Only one :doh: )

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/01351_1145544259870023027.jpg

Opps..:doh:

did you see what i see? The future ? Or did you see what alam1 see in the angmo media ? heheheheheeh

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore !

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 00:34
So master 3rd eye what u are saying is china is the super wild card. If Singapore drops 50%, a small portion of the capital $$$ will come in n scope up all the properties.

Which KWB is worried and is monitoring. Cos soon , the China chinese will become the super landlords while 80% of singaporeans will be stuck at HDB. While HDB prices bows to political pressure by the Gen Ys, the condo dream will fade even further, cos we ying lang ru shi ( invite wolf into the house)

The FEAR is REAL, brother DaytonaSS :banghead:

DaytonaSS
03-11-11, 00:43
The FEAR is REAL.

i was thinking if foreigners come n buy airspace is damn good for Govt mah, y they wanna monitor? The more airspace we sell issit it better for our reserves?

Maybe if they allow these to pan out, our property might become close to HK's world class price. Or like China's complex property market, house too damn expensive to be affordable for ordinary citizens.

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 00:46
i was thinking if foreigners come n buy airspace is damn good for Govt mah, y they wanna monitor? The more airspace we sell issit it better for our reserves?

Maybe if they allow these to pan out, our property might become close to HK's world class price. Or like China's complex property market, house too damn expensive to be affordable for ordinary citizens.

dear brother DaytonaSS, human by nature is greedy. before you let them in, you have to make sure the majority of the locals are all rich or well taken care of first. otherwise......i dare not think what the pampered "generation-i" ( the post Internet generation) will do.

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 01:07
dear brother DaytonaSS, human by nature is greedy. before you let them in, you have to make sure the majority of the locals are all rich or well taken care of first. otherwise......i dare not think what the pampered "generation-i" ( the post Internet generation) will do.

allow me to explain. You know the angmo ? last time very rich right? so they all very receptive to foreigners mah because everyday got money poon pi pi...then come a time when they started going downhill in the 90s, and did they not become angry at the foreigners?

then now what happened? They go down to the bottom and now they become very friendly to foreigners again.

you see ? this trait is not exclusive to angmos, all humans are like that. If you r living a happy life everyday got money, who can you get angry at ? everyday you smile smile at anyone, even strangers.

Then, one day you discovered your income not matched with expenses, then what happened? You started shouting at hawkers and other drivers on the road. you begin to put the blames on those not of your own kind and find faults with all the small and petty matters.

:scared-4:

hyenergix
03-11-11, 07:06
BJTrader: who is the girl in blue? Your mistress?

ysyap
03-11-11, 07:47
Jim Rogers sold his NY apartment, moved to SG and mandated his daughter to learn Chinese, yet so many Chinese want to be in America, who will be the ultimate fool :pNo fools lah... just who is wiser? :D

avo7007
03-11-11, 09:15

They have to cover their behind in the next GE mah. Until the next GE, PAP will lean towards populist policies. Just look at the fx measures to reduce inflation, and the strict reduction of FW and immigrants. Their calculation is to tahan low growth in exchange for more votes.....aka political survival.:)

peterng8
03-11-11, 09:35
I love this reply very humorous way of doing it:D

Good Luck !

gn108
03-11-11, 09:41
You are right! LKY was the best at listening and understanding the ground before things flared out.

This 3rd Gen were oblivious for too long...now they are scambling to TRY to listen and take remedial action. Watch for more goodies in 2015/6.

They have to cover their behind in the next GE mah. Until the next GE, PAP will lean towards populist policies. Just look at the fx measures to reduce inflation, and the strict reduction of FW and immigrants. Their calculation is to tahan low growth in exchange for more votes.....aka political survival.:)

ysyap
03-11-11, 12:00
You are right! LKY was the best at listening and understanding the ground before things flared out.

This 3rd Gen were oblivious for too long...now they are scambling to TRY to listen and take remedial action. Watch for more goodies in 2015/6.In the mean time, listen to KBW and watch what he's doing... :D

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 12:05
and how so ?

we have heard of Goldman Sach Funds, George Soros Funds, and all the many countless angmo funds playing the stock markets. But have we heard of The Dragon Fund ? No. and why ?

Let your humble brother enlighten you. The reason is the Time is Not Ripe yet. China know very well that the local funds are not up to it yet. If they unleash the capital outflow now, sure kena whack left,right,center one la. Experience and history told them so.

But can China keep holding the ballooning surplus?

look at this:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/boj.jpg

(Hint: Only for once is there a net outflow from China ! :doh: )

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/boj2.jpg

(Hint: Which policy is pro-outflow ? Only one :doh: )

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/01351_1145544259870023027.jpg

Opps..:doh:

did you see what i see? The future ? Or did you see what alam1 see in the angmo media ? heheheheheeh

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore !

did brothers here realise basic's information sources are all readily available on the Internet or mass media. whereas my sources are all legitimate information from economists and bankers available to a selected few ?

heheheheheh

devilplate
03-11-11, 12:11
did brothers here realise basic's information sources are all readily available on the Internet or mass media. whereas my sources are all legitimate information from economists and bankers available to a selected few ?

heheheheheh

agree....but urs more like a 'story'

believe it anot? hehehe:D

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 12:29
agree....but urs more like a 'story'

believe it anot? hehehe:D

brother devilplate, u are right but that is because; as mentioned by brother howgozit that I do not want to commit myself to my own calls. I prefer to leave the benefits of a doubt there for the discerning few to decide for themselves what to do after reading my stories.

They were intentionally kept crytic so that only those that have ample knowledge and understanding of the global economy will understand it.Like ringing a bell, I just pushed them a bit in the direction. By ample knowledge, I do not refer to just the plain info you read in the newspaper that are common knowledge liao. You must be aware of commodities, stocks, forex, capital flows, human nature and sovereign politics and understand them adequately.

I read the information I have, digested them and come to conclusion based purely on my own personal experience, understanding and judgement. They are not professional views or advice, I will be quick to say. That is why you see that I am always open minded on the comments by brothers here whether contrary or not. Never underestimate the power of a layman's mind mah.

Hence, I am merely sharing what I have and thought the future events will turn out. Just like my calls in 2006 about high inflationary era, and in 2009 that SGD becoming a strong currencies due to QE2. They were merely extrapolation of mathematical data based on the information I have.

In short, I was just getting trained on my prediction ability.

And I share my conclusions with the brothers here. Some look upon me as helping them gain knowledge. In reality it is the brothers' thought provoking comments here that sharpened my investment views and thoughts greatly. Your comments and views are in actual fact helping me keep my judgement and thought processes in check lor.

You see, how to commit to calls on future events which have not happened yet? They were merely personal judgement mah.

Many brothers here have original thinking and ability to think on their own 2 feet..which is what alam1 lacks. Even my 12 years old also know that Greece and Europe is in crisis mah...so,what's new?

kekekekekekekeke

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore

basic
03-11-11, 12:31

heheheheheh

haha...since you call my nick, then I join you here...
remember you posted you lost xx% of your total asest is S$xxxk...so total you have is only S$1.xmil....can't even qualify for premier private banker....
what kind of information you want??....
you know how Ooi hong leong private bankers made him lost US$1Bil perosnal money??.....
whatever information, you can't decipher, no use wan....just like you bought stock at peak of STI 3220 few months back....
important is your own skill & knowledge...depend on others, then you can't live independently to decide for yourself.....also other can direct you to ho lan...
hahahaha.....:):)

hyenergix
03-11-11, 12:33

heheheheheh

Despite your privileged access to valuable and secretive information, why is it that your Aug's stock market entry timing was off by a few days? :doh:

devilplate
03-11-11, 12:37
Despite your privileged access to valuable and secretive information, why is it that your Aug's stock market entry timing was off by a few days? :doh:

off timing nvm(we cant be 100% right)....but wat surprised me the most is tat bro BJ dun practise lost cutting:confused: :beats-me-man:

devilplate
03-11-11, 12:39
remember you posted you lost xx% of your total asest is S$xxxk...so total you have is only S$1.xmil....can't even qualify for premier private banker....
you know how Ooi hong leong private bankers made him lost US$1Bil perosnal money??.....
whatever information, you can't decipher, no use wan....just like you bought stock at peak of STI 3220 few months back....
important is your own skill & knowledge...depend on others, then you can't live independently to decide for yourself.....also other can direct you to ho lan...

ur comment posted in May08 not impressive to me as well....to me it went wrong! and hype hype was correct den

mabe after 3yrs of secret training...u r a new person now:D

ysyap
03-11-11, 12:39
off timing nvm(we cant be 100% right)....but wat surprised me the most is tat bro BJ dun practise lost cutting:confused: :beats-me-man:He believes whack hard hard so if lose, then lose big time but if win, also win big time. Showhand! :D

howgozit
03-11-11, 12:40

Huh??? .... pom mai gao zai

From my limited understanding, the money is not in the capital account till it is brought back into China. Because of the closed capital account, all foreign currencies from the trade surplus must be sold to the central bank. Thus, the central bank becomes the major holder of the foreign currency.

The problems with liberalising the capital account are inflow of money rather than outflow. Something China is resisting to protect its capital.

Maybe my understanding of capital controls is too shallow, I am not sure I follow your point that opening the capital account will lead to a huge outflow of funds. Perhaps you can explain this to me a bit more.

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 12:44
He believes whack hard hard so if lose, then lose big time but if win, also win big time. Showhand! :D

you are right, otherwise where I got my nick leh ? heheheheh

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 12:45
Huh??? .... pom mai gao zai

From my limited understanding, the money is not in the capital account till it is brought back into China. Because of the closed capital account, all foreign currencies from the trade surplus must be sold to the central bank. Thus, the central bank becomes the major holder of the foreign currency.

The problems with liberalising the capital account are inflow of money rather than outflow. Something China is resisting to protect its capital.

Maybe my understanding of capital controls is too shallow, I am not sure I follow your point that opening the capital account will lead to a huge outflow of funds. Perhaps you can explain this to me a bit more.

You are correct to say that. I have problem understanding it too:ashamed1: . :)

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 12:46

errr.. kena sabo-ed like uncle oei? kekekeke

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 12:50

you are always welcome to my thread, brother basic. it is siao lang like you that keep me in check. actually, back in CNA forum, if not for alam1, TopSage and IndianChief, I would have dumped in the full 80% of my investment funds.

HENG ARH !

hyenergix
03-11-11, 12:51
errr.. kena sabo-ed like uncle oei? kekekeke

Stock market has made you financially worse off. Why not just go ahead to do a proper business like developing your ultra-efficient condo? You will make better use of your talent and more $ this way.

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 12:54
Stock market has made you financially worse off. Why not just go ahead to do a proper business like developing your ultra-efficient condo? You will make better use of your talent and more $ this way.

money not enough lor.:(

basic
03-11-11, 12:57
you are always welcome to my thread, brother basic. it is siao lang like you that keep me in check. actually, back in CNA forum, if not for alam1, TopSage and IndianChief, I would have dumped in the full 80% of my investment funds.

HENG ARH !

haha...so is all lies....
If I siao, you moron liao....
I come in, will make your thread more popular...
you know nothing....really....:):)

phantom_opera
03-11-11, 12:58
Having excess fund > 1 million in cash and dare to put all into stock market considered very good already. How to compare against Ooi.

I rather become blackjack's broker :cheers5: if he trades everyday, his 1 million will be mine in a few years time :simmering:

blackjack21trader
03-11-11, 13:00

.......you see, you see me very nice here in forum right? actually in real life, I am a very aggressive and a very high risks tolerant person. My grandfather used to tell me.. I am that kind of person that one day I can be very rich, but on the second day, I can lose everything. It is that moment of impulsiveness that I need to control and cultivate.:doh:

howgozit
03-11-11, 13:03

Wah... so fierce one ah...

hyenergix
03-11-11, 13:14
.......you see, you see me very nice here in forum right? actually in real life, I am a very aggressive and a very high risks tolerant person. My grandfather used to tell me.. I am that kind of person that one day I can be very rich, but on the second day, I can lose everything. It is that moment of impulsiveness that I need to control and cultivate.:doh:

Marriage n kids will mellow u.

devilplate
03-11-11, 13:15
Marriage n kids will mellow u.

he oredi got a 12yo wor

ysyap
03-11-11, 14:57
money not enough lor.:(Money will never be enough. Some one asked, 'how much is enough.' The reply, '$1 more.' More important to be contented... :o

ysyap
03-11-11, 14:58
Wah... so fierce one ah...Are u surprised? Expected liao ma! :)

Worsty
03-11-11, 15:36
off timing nvm(we cant be 100% right)....but wat surprised me the most is tat bro BJ dun practise lost cutting:confused: :beats-me-man:

His avatar is BJ21... 20 points, it's still hit me 1 more card... :D

phantom_opera
03-11-11, 16:22
self-discipline is the biggest problem to trading success ... that's why sometimes you need a broker to set stop for you .... but if you are unlucky, 20 X 5% stop you lose your capital .... and Singapore brokerage fee is terribly high

Trading, is a loser's game.

ysyap
03-11-11, 16:26
self-discipline is the biggest problem to trading success ... that's why sometimes you need a broker to set stop for you .... but if you are unlucky, 20 X 5% stop you lose your capital .... and Singapore brokerage fee is terribly high

Trading, is a loser's game.Property is therefore preferred! :cheers5:But the stamp duty, etc is also no joke. Need huge capital before playing the game! :o

phantom_opera
03-11-11, 16:35
Stops also cannot save you example:

China Aviation Oil
ACCS

If you repeated buy and set stops during Lehman crisis, you will lose your capital example:

US/UK/Europe bank stocks

howgozit
03-11-11, 17:04
Property is therefore preferred! :cheers5:But the stamp duty, etc is also no joke. Need huge capital before playing the game! :o

The best thing about property IMHO is leveraging, the worst thing is that property is an illiquid asset.

I remember post '97 when the mood is gloom and doom, one property I was trying to sell advertise for 6mths still no offers. Buyers came in drips and drabs, not a single offer, not even low-ballers. Agent who had an exclusive also requested to get out of contract.... haha. That period put a lot of agents out of job.

ysyap
03-11-11, 17:22
Sell during bloom time is a totally different story. I sold one late last year and the offers come in like daily. My agent very eager to close the deal until I tell her this is my asking. If buyers don't meet my asking, don't bother to call me. I won't entertain... :doh:

howgozit
03-11-11, 17:55
Sell during bloom time is a totally different story. I sold one late last year and the offers come in like daily. My agent very eager to close the deal until I tell her this is my asking. If buyers don't meet my asking, don't bother to call me. I won't entertain... :doh:

That's true, I sold one last year too.... experience is totally different.

Why am I leaning towards bearish? lately I have been testing market with another unit, better located and lower quantum, some more rented out with 2-3% tenancy returns at asking price ... sensing a reduced interest. Getting offers from low-ballers only so far....

hopeful
03-11-11, 18:01
The best thing about property IMHO is leveraging, the worst thing is that property is an illiquid asset.

I remember post '97 when the mood is gloom and doom, one property I was trying to sell advertise for 6mths still no offers. Buyers came in drips and drabs, not a single offer, not even low-ballers. Agent who had an exclusive also requested to get out of contract.... haha. That period put a lot of agents out of job.

if a low offer had come in, would you have accept it? Like selling 30% below your purchase price?

ysyap
03-11-11, 18:26
That's true, I sold one last year too.... experience is totally different.

Why am I leaning towards bearish? lately I have been testing market with another unit, better located and lower quantum, some more rented out with 2-3% tenancy returns at asking price ... sensing a reduced interest. Getting offers from low-ballers only so far....Thx for sharing. So now is probably a good time to sit back and wait for the next golden opportunity to enter market again. :)

howgozit
03-11-11, 18:35
if a low offer had come in, would you have accept it? Like selling 30% below your purchase price?

Just a brief background.... the property I was trying to sell in 1997 was bought in 1991 during the 1st gulf war, the one waged by the older George Bush after Iraq invaded Kuwait. At 30% below my asking it was still above my purchase price.

If that was offered, I would have seriously considered... why? I feel that if you wanted to trade up, the best time to do it is during a down market.

Even in today's scenario I feel this is relevant. Let's just say for argument sake the property market crashes by 50% tomorrow generally across the full range of properties. Just a simplistic example below:

If you were holding a $1m condo it becomes $500k, but something you were eyeing that used to be $2m is now $1m.
Previously before the plunge, to bridge the gap you needed $1m but after the plunge you only need $500k.

Suddenly you can do it, for example cross over to landed. whereas it was not forseeable previously.

At today's prices, it is very hard to trade-up, the quantum is just too big. So though we are theoretically richer due to asset appreciation, many find it diifficult to move on to the next level.

In addition, the associated costs like stamp duties, legal fees, agent fees...etc will be lower.

So a correction is not always a bad thing depending on what you want and where you are at. (I would like to again emphasised that my example above is a simplistic one and certainly in a crash different properties depreciate at different rates.)

Just my shallow view. Cheers!

rattydrama
03-11-11, 19:26
In a down market, the big unit in CCR will drop faster.
In a down market, pple are more sensitive to price so good facing unit dont have the luxury to trade at a premium.
In a down market, supply will be more than demand and suddenly we'r spolit of choice.
In a down market, there are more rooms to nego down.

So agree that it is the best time to trade up. :cheers5: Now is not the time to consolidate cos you end up buying high as well.

For those who had sold earlier, bet that the price to move down so that you can buy at low again.

For those who are still holding, bet that the CM to be aborted and trade up.
If there is a run up in price, nothing loose, just done buy.

To do all these, holding power is key...:2cents:

Just a brief background.... the property I was trying to sell in 1997 was bought in 1991 during the 1st gulf war, the one waged by the older George Bush after Iraq invaded Kuwait. At 30% below my asking it was still above my purchase price.

If that was offered, I would have seriously considered... why? I feel that if you wanted to trade up, the best time to do it is during a down market.

Even in today's scenario I feel this is relevant. Let's just say for argument sake the property market crashes by 50% tomorrow generally across the full range of properties. Just a simplistic example below:

If you were holding a $1m condo it becomes $500k, but something you were eyeing that used to be $2m is now $1m.
Previously before the plunge, to bridge the gap you needed $1m but after the plunge you only need $500k.

Suddenly you can do it, for example cross over to landed. whereas it was not forseeable previously.

At today's prices, it is very hard to trade-up, the quantum is just too big. So though we are theoretically richer due to asset appreciation, many find it diifficult to move on to the next level.

In addition, the associated costs like stamp duties, legal fees, agent fees...etc will be lower.

So a correction is not always a bad thing depending on what you want and where you are at. (I would like to again emphasised that my example above is a simplistic one and certainly in a crash different properties depreciate at different rates.)

Just my shallow view. Cheers!

ysyap
03-11-11, 21:03
The king is he who sells when economy is up and buys when it is down! :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: NO need for trade up! :o If only its so simple! :p

howgozit
03-11-11, 21:31
The king is he who sells when economy is up and buys when it is down! :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: NO need for trade up! :o If only its so simple! :p

Buy low sell high is an axiom that applies in all trades.

However, for property it is a little bit different. Even if you timed it right, in order to realise the profit you have to wait for the cycle to actualise.

And herein lies the problem, property cycles are in years or decades. So there are only so many cycles that we can make money out of in our productive life.

So in between cycles, a prudent purchase must be traded up and down to continue milking a descending or ascending cycle which can be done a few times in a cycle.

Haha... anyway like you said.... if its only so simple.;)

rattydrama
03-11-11, 21:37

yes if you are the developer.. sell out all the projects @ record price when market is good and buy up all the lands in the down market....:rolleyes: for us :mad:

kane
03-11-11, 21:38
Howgozit. It's a very good perspective you raised. The best time to upgrade is during a crisis.

rattydrama
03-11-11, 21:41
Buy low sell high is an axiom that applies in all trades.

However, for property it is a little bit different. Even if you timed it right, in order to realise the profit you have to wait for the cycle to actualise.

And herein lies the problem, property cycles are in years or decades. So there are only so many cycles that we can make money out of in our productive life.

So in between cycles, a prudent purchase must be traded up and down to continue milking a descending or ascending cycle which can be done a few times in a cycle.

Haha... anyway like you said.... if its only so simple.;)

ride on waves.....:cheers4:

blackjack21trader
08-11-11, 10:50
November 1, 2011. 08:28a.m
The Beginning of The Convergence of the World's Richest onto the Lion City.

世界首富到獅城的開始。

Mauris erat leo facilisis ditissimus initium.

Начало самых богатых в мире на город Льва.

世界で最も裕福なライオンシティーへの始まり。

विश्व शेर सिटी पर सबसे अमीर की शुरुआत.

1960-1980 Only One class of Foreigner buyer and Private properties goes from $100K to $700K

1980-2000 Only 2 classes of Foreigner buyers and prices go from $700K to over $1Million

2000-2010 Only 3 classes of Foreigner buyers and prices go from $1 million to $1.5Million

2012-2015 All classes of Foreigners ( China, India, Indonesia, Malayisa, Japanese, Korean, Thailand, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Europeans, Russians, Romans and the Americans shall converged upon the Lion city.)

:cheers2:

神龙股侠。
nil sine labore !

devilplate
08-11-11, 11:11
so BJ, do u tink SG PPI will get any correction/contraction in near future(let say within 2yrs)

i oredi suspect next Q PPI will be negative wor

blackjack21trader
08-11-11, 11:25
so BJ, do u tink SG PPI will get any correction/contraction in near future(let say within 2yrs)

Germans are recognised to build the best automobiles in the World.

The Lion City will be famous for building the best properties in the World.

blackjack21trader
08-11-11, 11:26

Germany is helped by Human brains.

We are blessed by Heaven.

You shall see very soon, and will be clear.

Good Luck.

DaytonaSS
08-11-11, 11:27

sentosa very small leh, cannot accommodate so many pple :doh:

blackjack21trader
08-11-11, 11:28

The human brains can only break the barriers in the mortal realms.

Whereas, heavenly power will help us break the unthinkable obstacles.

Always respect the Heaven.

神龙股侠。

blackjack21trader
08-11-11, 11:30
sentosa very small leh, cannot accommodate so many pple :doh:

That is the whole idea. Small but safe, safe from Natural Disasters.

blackjack21trader
08-11-11, 11:32
天将降大任于世人,
必先考其经骨,
疲乏其身也。

You'll see, you will see very very soon.

devilplate
08-11-11, 11:45
天将降大任于世人,
必先考其经骨,
疲乏其身也。

You'll see, you will see very very soon.

i catch no ball:(

blackjack21trader
08-11-11, 12:03
i catch no ball:(

There is only one place on Earth that all religions converged harmoniously together. That is in the Lion City. Where the Yin and Yang is very well balanced.

maisonjai
08-11-11, 12:14
yup, BJ & basic form a gd balance here too. :D :cheers1:

PN
08-11-11, 13:07

神龙股侠。

In today's newspapers, expert predict that Bangkok will be underwater by year 2050. The city is sinking at 10cm yearly in the 1970s and 1-3cm every year for the last few years.

Earthquake seems to be happening more often than we used to know. Typhoon, cyclone, tornado, Tsunami, flooding in many countries every year.

The rich from these countries will look for alternative home to move to.
Good for Singapore as gorvernment welcome them to this cosmopolitan city with mix cultures and races.

A heaven indeed.

But SG governement better watch out as well to ensure we also don't go underwater. Better talk to Holland and learn from them.

SpinCity
08-11-11, 13:13

神龙股侠。

bro bj21t,
if you do respect the Heaven, you shall know that there is no place on earth is absolutely safe
When disasters hit other countries, they can affect city(s) and province(s) but other parts of the countries may be safe
When the unthinkable happens, knock the wood, .....

howgozit
08-11-11, 14:01

You think so...?

Actually IMHO find the overall residential build quality in Singapore is average to below average.

The problem is that much of our construction labour is imported. Many of our workers are lowly skilled and from countries with a higher acceptance of imperfection. This is coupled with poor supervision and tolerance of shoddy workmanship.

While the building structures are sound (due to government regulation) build quality is a different matter altogether.

In western countries and some asian countries(namely Japan and S Korea) the work ethic is different and there is much more pride in their work. But of course the labour cost is different....

Are we willing to pay the that kind of labour costs...?...probably not.. So can our properties ever be the best...?... probably not..

DaytonaSS
09-11-11, 00:04
You think so...?

Actually IMHO find the overall residential build quality in Singapore is average to below average.

The problem is that much of our construction labour is imported. Many of our workers are lowly skilled and from countries with a higher acceptance of imperfection. This is coupled with poor supervision and tolerance of shoddy workmanship.

While the building structures are sound (due to government regulation) build quality is a different matter altogether.

In western countries and some asian countries(namely Japan and S Korea) the work ethic is different and there is much more pride in their work. But of course the labour cost is different....

Are we willing to pay the that kind of labour costs...?...probably not.. So can our properties ever be the best...?... probably not..

heard some feed back on our HDB quality for public housing is damn good quality....

ysyap
09-11-11, 06:09
You think so...?

Are we willing to pay the that kind of labour costs...?...probably not.. So can our properties ever be the best...?... probably not..He said 'will be' not 'has been'... :cool:

ysyap
09-11-11, 06:14
heard some feed back on our HDB quality for public housing is damn good quality....what is good quality? DBSS is not by HDB so I guess you're referring to BTO which comes bare except for toilet finishings? Or are you referring to the exterior facet of the building which is absolutely useless to the buyers. :cheers1:

devilplate
09-11-11, 08:50
what is good quality? DBSS is not by HDB so I guess you're referring to BTO which comes bare except for toilet finishings? Or are you referring to the exterior facet of the building which is absolutely useless to the buyers. :cheers1:

i tink he refers to internal structure

vy impt.....nobody wants a hse tat starts to leak after 1yr

DaytonaSS
09-11-11, 08:57
morning!

Well, the interior of the house is depending on one's taste and budget to renovate. As for good quality, i look at layout, any redundant space, surrounding environment like parks, facade(yes), access to parking facilities and other factor.

personally i think the Newly build BTO are very nice. If they build a swimming pool and put a fence up it will be a great buy!

SpinCity
09-11-11, 09:01
heard some feed back on our HDB quality for public housing is damn good quality....
I reckon that HDB is different from public housing in other countries.
HDB is meant for housing ownership, while public housing in other countries is generally for accommodating the poor on the rental basis. Quality shall be different

august
09-11-11, 11:19

heard otherwise leh... these days is bad

blackjack21trader
09-11-11, 13:27
Sometimes it is not the quality control of the developers lah.

I suggest brothers here put CCTVs in your house when renovating. Sometimes it is kena sabotaged in unseen places. I experienced before, that is why I always put cheap China Internet IP camera in my property whenever I am renovating. That way, you will know what the evil contractors are up to.

One example I can give is they will spray water in your false ceilings. Then one fine day, it will start leaking. There are so many examples lah.. that I now installed IP camera whenever I am renovating to ensure good quality and non sabotage from the unscrupulous contractors.

It is well known in my circle that there are certain contractors who are plainly jealous of our Singapore houses la...kekekeke.. I ever made one contractor rectify my house until his legs shaking HAHAHAHA...remember, if kena sabo-ed, dun call police. Just show them the tape and made them work la HAHAHAHA

blackjack21trader
09-11-11, 13:33
Got once I found my plumbers sleeping in my Orchard Penthouse enjoying themselves in air con la.... of course I never call police la... I just show them the tape and make them buy really expensive branded Germany pipes for me la...HAHAHAHA

blackjack21trader
09-11-11, 13:37
Things the ChewHuKia will do to your house:

1) Doors not hinged properly, so one fine day it will gave way.

2) Glass scratching using acid and chemical. You will not notice until the sunlight shines on it.

3) Use chemicals on your wooden flooring to soften it so very easy to scratches.

4) Spray water into false ceiling.

5) Spray water under floorings.

6) Use industrial polish instead on your marbles.

7) Loosen your tape pipe under the sink, so one fine day will clog la.

8) MANY MANY MORE LA

HAHAHAHA