Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Lanai

any idea how long before we're able to see the caveats being lodged on ura web?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    jus like isit worth to pay 4kpsf+ for 99LH in orchard

all is perceived value
    dont think it is worthwhile unless money is no issue to me and i am in the status of "I buy whatever I like" and still got plenty of money.

4000psf LH orchard vs 600psf in Woodlands.

It is 6 times the price. I could have 6 units and each collecting 2K rental minues all miscellenous = 12k per month.

One can refer to the median rental rates in URA. Look at all the median rental rates and pick the max/min.

I will round down the min and round up the max. It works out to $2 psf (min) - $7 psf (max).

If you are looking at rental rates for investment, it would make sense to compare the ratio of the rental rates over the ratio of the capital investment of popular investments (rated as more than 10 rental transactions in a quarter).

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    dont think it is worthwhile unless money is no issue to me and i am in the status of "I buy whatever I like" and still got plenty of money.

4000psf LH orchard vs 600psf in Woodlands.

It is 6 times the price. I could have 6 units and each collecting 2K rental minues all miscellenous = 12k per month.

even some 3rm HDB flat in gd location r commanding 3-4 psf....lol

To be honest, buying Hillview area is for own stay before MRT. After MRT completed will have a lot potential. Look @ Lorong Chuan and Bedok Reserviour.

It is rather risky to buy one unit at $4m. Probably just buy 3 units and keep the balance cash for future opportunity.

Do you guys think its advisable to get those upper units at montrosa, merawoods or even hilltop than lanai? These developments are cheaper and readily for occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Do you guys think its advisable to get those upper units at montrosa, merawoods or even hilltop than lanai? These developments are cheaper and readily for occupation.
    if u use Lanai as comparison....anywhr else in tat area is CHEAP

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    hello AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!

hello AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hello back to you loh....

Default Lanai - not too bad

I just went to Lanai yesterday and I was quite impressed by the finishes and layout. Nowadays, FEO really changed a lot huh? I'm looking for own stay and I'm thinking whether to buy Lanai or Hillvista as these 2 projects are the only new developments in Hillview. What do you guys think?

IMHO, FEO quality is excellent - just ignore those auntie uncle from the older generation who always talk bad about FEO quality. U can go see some their newly completed condos to have a feel of the quality. Even some of their "older" mass-market condos like Lakeshore or even their EC at Woodlands Casa something have better finishing than some high-end condos. Also, ceiling height (very very important!) seems more generous as well. A lot of FEO completed condos have 3 meters ceilings - which is a rarity say at CDL/Keppel developments with ceilings of 2.4m (this this horrible and make the entire unit appear very cheap and cramped). It short, FEO doesn't cut corners on ceiling heights etc. - ceiling height is the easiest corner to cut and buyers will not have no recourse against developer.

I only comment on general quality of the finishings. But not on whether Lanai or Hillvista present good value. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, I heard Lanai does not take up the entire plot and FEO still has other freehold plots in Hillview. So, Lanai may not be the last 999LH/FH development in Hillview which I mention earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTan78
    I just went to Lanai yesterday and I was quite impressed by the finishes and layout. Nowadays, FEO really changed a lot huh? I'm looking for own stay and I'm thinking whether to buy Lanai or Hillvista as these 2 projects are the only new developments in Hillview. What do you guys think?

I think freehold and 999 lands are quite scarce nowadays..

Was checking on some new projects in other areas, mostly are 99 years..

WildFalcon, thanks for the info. Which other piece of land are you referring to? I check on the URA website but there is no residential plot available in Hillview now. Also, I did not notice any free land that can be developed except the one near Hillvista. But the staff mentioned about a piece of land for educational purpose and it was really reflected in the URA plan.

Any update on sales? Very quiet

Default It is not value for mony

I said the Lanai is not worhty the money that FE asked.

This project is not worth, I'm 100% certain. I will prefer to wait for next year's new projects which will cost me anywhere in the region of $650-800psf only.

If really like hillview area, buy either hillview heights, hillview green or Glendale. These are alot better and cheaper and well worth the money. Any downturn will allow me more cash as safety net. Buying Lanai at $1100+psf, I will have a hard time selling at $1400psf.

Look at Lanai's advert, it mentioned it is near Jurong Lake dev. Lanai obviously has no potential and used JL as a marketing too. Not ethical, gives people wrong information.

I think Lanai is more like $1350psf, not $1100psf. The smallest 2 bedder at 950 sq ft will be more than $1.3 million. This is almost the same absolute price tag as d'Leedon (d'Leedon's 2 bedder is following the small-format 700+ sq ft trend). So with such high absolute price tag and that Far East refuse to "stoop down" to small-format units in Hillview area like d'Leedon, I would think it'd be difficult to move units. Having said that, 2 blocks were sold out and only one block was available for sale when i was there (I believe altogether 5 blocks? cannot remember). Even then, about 50% of that block is already sold...

Lanai is not at the "upper" part of Hillview. So one has to think twice to pay so much for that. The GLS plot opposite Glendale Park (albeit 99LH) sure looks more promising.

BTW, I had a feeling the "new" project next year (GLS opposite Glendale) will likely exceed 650-800psf. Might hit close or even exceed $1000psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    BTW, I had a feeling the "new" project next year (GLS opposite Glendale) will likely exceed 650-800psf. Might hit close or even exceed $1000psf.
    land price shd be at least 450psf

Default Tha Lanai

The buyers of the Lanai have high potential to go bankkrupt if they buy the project at such a high price. I have never seen a new project with the price double to that of the surrounding projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillview
    The buyers of the Lanai have high potential to go bankkrupt if they buy the project at such a high price. I have never seen a new project with the price double to that of the surrounding projects.
    lanai, greenwich, the sound....all jialat

horizon residences in D5 initial launch price still reasonable

lanai, greenwich, the sound....all jialat

horizon residences in D5 initial launch price still reasonable
    Why hillview price never really go up much?

Quote Originally Posted by SV88
    Why hillview price never really go up much?
    how much u expect? last yr bottom about 600-650psf for glendale park

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

"A lot" of FEO condos have 3m ceiling? Which are the the ones without 3m ceiling?
    Which condo has 2.4m ceiling? I have never heard of condos with such low ceilings before!
    Condos TOP before 2004 always have about 3m ceiling. The newer ones don't? I heard Park Infinia has only about 2.8m ceiling height.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    IMHO, FEO quality is excellent - just ignore those auntie uncle from the older generation who always talk bad about FEO quality. U can go see some their newly completed condos to have a feel of the quality. Even some of their "older" mass-market condos like Lakeshore or even their EC at Woodlands Casa something have better finishing than some high-end condos. Also, ceiling height (very very important!) seems more generous as well. A lot of FEO completed condos have 3 meters ceilings - which is a rarity say at CDL/Keppel developments with ceilings of 2.4m (this this horrible and make the entire unit appear very cheap and cramped). It short, FEO doesn't cut corners on ceiling heights etc. - ceiling height is the easiest corner to cut and buyers will not have no recourse against developer.

I only comment on general quality of the finishings. But not on whether Lanai or Hillvista present good value. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, I heard Lanai does not take up the entire plot and FEO still has other freehold plots in Hillview. So, Lanai may not be the last 999LH/FH development in Hillview which I mention earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    "A lot" of FEO condos have 3m ceiling? Which are the the ones without 3m ceiling?
    Which condo has 2.4m ceiling? I have never heard of condos with such low ceilings before!
    Condos TOP before 2004 always have about 3m ceiling. The newer ones don't? I heard Park Infinia has only about 2.8m ceiling height.
    come and buy a unit of carabelle, where the ceiling height is 3.3 meters, almost one meter higher than some of the keppel and CDL projects, according to wild falcon. 2.4m, haha, even I find that hard to believe.

but 3.3 m ceiling height at carabelle is real. come and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus
    I think freehold and 999 lands are quite scarce nowadays..

Was checking on some new projects in other areas, mostly are 99 years..
    Even if freehold or 999, developer will buy and sell as 99 yrs. Chk out FEO who bought Rose Garden at FH and build The Shore to sell as 103 yrs LH. How crappy can you get?
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

3 more units sold in nov 2011 at median of 1344psf.

3 more sold in mar at 1323, 1351 and 1447psf.