Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire Sale and Wrong Listings

maybe should call n make enquiry. then give them a good F!!! no wonder any tom dick harry also can be agent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OLY99
    maybe should call n make enquiry. then give them a good F!!! no wonder any tom dick harry also can be agent!!!
    better don't call ..
    Maybe these agents wanted to attract potential buyers to call them..
    Don't fall into their trap!
    Part of their advertising

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...le-adora-green

3 or 4 bedders? Store room counted?

Nancy Wong

Senior Marketing Director
    Call (+65) 9326 3531
    That's "HDB way" of counting.
    5 Room actually means 3 bedder + Living room + Dining room.
    4 Room means 3 bedder + Living/Dining room

Actually I find this agent quite factual and giving more useful information.
    Most agents just cut and paste the same text.
    A nice map too!

But opine no advertisement should be allowed to be posted here.
    This is afterall a forum.
    As irritating as pamphlets stuck to my car!

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    That's "HDB way" of counting.
    5 Room actually means 3 bedder + Living room + Dining room.
    4 Room means 3 bedder + Living/Dining room

Actually I find this agent quite factual and giving more useful information.
    Most agents just cut and paste the same text.
    A nice map too!

But opine no advertisement should be allowed to be posted here.
    This is afterall a forum.
    As irritating as pamphlets stuck to my car!
    You mean less than 1000 swf can have 4 rooms? Wow..

Anyway these postings are within this thread only and not anywhere else. Surely it is not as irritating as getting those flyers stuck to car windscreen right?

Anyway made my point. Will post more firesale listings for all to grab!

thank you!!

Anyway these postings are within this thread only and not anywhere else. Surely it is not as irritating as getting those flyers stuck to car windscreen right?

Talking

thank you for starting this thread. very useful indeed and hopefully the agent who posted wrong listing will get to see their own posting here. hahaha
    VL

No vested interest. View at own risk.

FIRE FIRE FIRE Sales for 1 bedroom

Welcome co-broke:

Venture View, 1 bedroom
    size: 763sqft
    Top: Sept 2010 (est)
    Freehold, Goodlayout
    Serious seller, give a serious offer.
    Call 96896653 for more details.

Firesales !

Dear friends,

Latest local bank valuation in Sept'10 at $1.4m! 80% LTV possible.

Exclusive at $1.3m BELOW Valuation (Must Sell)

- Advanced 2yrs rental payments $3500 monthly (tenancy expire 14 Aug 2012) on valuation price upon completion.
    - 3+1BR+1 (2153ft) with roof-top open terrace garden (approx 1000psf).
    - 5-10mins to Aljunied orPayaLeba MRT (Circle line)
    - Personal Lift & pte stairs access to roof terrace
    - 5 aircons / 2bathrooms / Just Renovated / covered carpark / Pool / Gym Steamroom
    - Vibrant neighbourhoods / Firework / Pool View

Certificate of Title done and will be shown to buyer when issung cheque. A Must sell unit! 1st cheque presented will seal the deal.

More pictures can be viewed at http://asia.groups.yahoo.com/group/b...aporeproperty/ RSVP your viewing time with contacts now. Genuine buyers / Co-broke agents welcome!

FREDDY
    65- 93671345
    [email protected]

Suggest to have a list of blacklisted agents in this forum....kekek

Quote Originally Posted by Jesslee98
    Suggest to have a list of blacklisted agents in this forum....kekek
    That's a very good ideal but not advisable due to legal reasons. The blacklist agents might take a suit against you.

Anyway leave this to

Council for Estate Agencies will provide better regulation, to start work on Oct 22

I met an agent who has a trick to convince owners to lease their units at very low rate. He would say things like,

"You know I just rented out unit #xx-xx, #xx-xx and #xx-xx at (very low rate). They have good facing and better decoration than yours."

"I have a tenant who can only afford (even lower rate). But getting this amount is better than nothing at the end of the month. If I were you, I would let go at this rate. Who knows, you may not get a better offer in the coming few months."

This is how he manages to close more deals in an efficient way.

When it comes to units for sale, he also advertises units at 'dirt cheap' prices in a property listing website.

See my true story at:

http://propertysoul.com/2010/09/26/t...roperty-agent/

All owners and buyers, beware of these tricks deployed by dishonest property agents!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...mira-novena-mr

Right smack deep in Balestier Road want to advertise as Novena? How, run everyday to Novena MRT har?

Even if you were to take a brisk walk from this new project, it would take you at least a good 20 minutes to arrive at the Novena MRT, all hot and sweaty

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Yap, heard of these before. That is why in Propertyguru you always see many of these super low asking prices! They cannibalize the genuine buyers looking for bargain, prevent the agents advertising at real asking prices from getting calls from buyers! I have been observing and found that despite the super low asking prices, many of the units appearing transacted in URA caveat records are much much higher than these super low prices. The only thing is sellers have to be firm on their selling prices and willing to wait out otherwise they will get conned into selling at lower prices!

This is also a big disadvantage when coming to selling a big estate condo unit because 1 common tactic by agent is to play out different owners like saying so and so with better facing and higher floor asking lower than your asking price blah blah blah. If you don't want to sell at this price, the buyer will buy from the other owners!

----------------------------------------------

Tricks deployed by a property agent

September 26, 2010 by Property Soul Leave a Comment

A few years ago, I bought a condo unit and wanted to rent it out. I met a property agent who stays in the same condo. In our 1st meeting, he began by showing off his pile of sales and tenancy agreement. He claimed that they were all from units in this condo. In fact, he was the major agent selling and leasing most of the units here. For the next hour, I was sitting there listening to his great achievements.
    At the end, he suddenly said,
    “You know I just rented out unit #xx-xx, #xx-xx and #xx-xx at (very low rate). They have good facing and better decoration than yours.”
    When I looked puzzled, he added,
    “I have a tenant who can only afford (even lower rate). But getting this amount is better than nothing at the end of the month. If I were you, I would let go at this rate. Who knows, you may not get a better offer in the coming few months.”
    Luckily, the next day I found a tenant who is paying my expected ‘market rate’.
    Later, I found out from other owners that this is his ‘tactic’ to help him close more deals, and in a ‘super efficient’ way.
    Years later, when I want to sell the unit, I found the same agent using another trick when it comes to units for sale.
    In one of the popular property listing website, this agent and his partner advertise units at ‘dirt cheap’ prices.
    Of course, all buyers want to view units from ‘sincere’ or ‘desperate’ sellers. This is how they get all the calls. Competition is automatically eliminated by preventing potential buyers from calling other agents.
    But when you call them, they will say,
    “Sorry, you are late. The units were just sold by me (or owner withdraws the sale, or owner now wants to sell at higher price, etc.). But I have other units selling at slightly higher prices. Do you want to view?”
    “You can only view on Tuesday (at certain hour) because this is the only time that the tenant can make it. But I can show you a few units at the same time.”
    “Buyers are queuing up to view. Every Tuesday after viewing, my partner and I can easily sell a few units.”
    Really? But, where are the sales transactions lodged?
    “You have a similar unit for sale? Ok, leave the key with me and I will try to show it together with other units.”

Quote Originally Posted by vip
    I met an agent who has a trick to convince owners to lease their units at very low rate. He would say things like,

"You know I just rented out unit #xx-xx, #xx-xx and #xx-xx at (very low rate). They have good facing and better decoration than yours."

"I have a tenant who can only afford (even lower rate). But getting this amount is better than nothing at the end of the month. If I were you, I would let go at this rate. Who knows, you may not get a better offer in the coming few months."

This is how he manages to close more deals in an efficient way.

When it comes to units for sale, he also advertises units at 'dirt cheap' prices in a property listing website.

See my true story at:

http://propertysoul.com/2010/09/26/t...roperty-agent/

All owners and buyers, beware of these tricks deployed by dishonest property agents!

Default Fire Sale?

Just saw this on Staurday newspaper:

Firesale! CityLights
    1+SUTDY 12xx psf
    High yield, 721 sqft
    Onwer, must sell.
    Call 8102 2029

BEACON CHEAPEST
    2+STUDY
    12xx psf High Floor
    1109 sqft
    Don't miss.
    Call 8102 2029

Thanks,
    Richard

Richard the way you phrase it makes u sound like you're the agent

Default Trust

I am just trying to bring some trust in this forum.
    I am NOT an agent.

Pls post on this forum if any luck guy got the deal.
    I need to rush for movie with my wife now.

Thanks,
    Richard

But seriously... do you really think there are any real fire sales out there in this current market?

The sellers are not stupid... they will at least expect to get market rates. Who is going to sell below market. There are so many websites showing past transacted prices.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is....

for citylights ...its possible for very low flrs...probably less den 10th flr...i wud say its sort of market rate....12xxpsf usually means 1290psf...haha...the agt just make it looks like its a 'firesale'

it often happens for high rise projects as top vs low flrs can vary by about 300-500psf....76shenton/altez best example

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-twin-heights

Judy Wu

Division Director
    Call (+65) 9060 4809

Or call: 91557700

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-seletaris

DESMOND HO

MARKETING DIRECTOR
    Call (+65) 9069 7321

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...or-sale-alexis

Amy Lum

Marketing Associate
    Call (+65) 9640 3422

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ndarin-gardens

Christina soh

Associate Director
    Call (+65) 9455 5128

Or call: 81383728

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ina-bay-suites

Kerr Sun

Associate Sales Director
    Call (+65) 9798 2320

Misleading....

of course they could argue that they just mean the 5% option money price... but still misleading.

I think the only reason why they do it is in the hope that their listing gets thru the search filter when potential buyers search for cheap condos to buy

friends, i think the stupid agents who put these ads are fcuking KUM LAN la...

they dunno how to use the form and filled in wrongly hence these ridiculous prices in the ads....

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...mira-novena-mr

Right smack deep in Balestier Road want to advertise as Novena? How, run everyday to Novena MRT har?

Even if you were to take a brisk walk from this new project, it would take you at least a good 20 minutes to arrive at the Novena MRT, all hot and sweaty
    ya balls.... this is much nearer to TPY MRT than novena.

why doesn't she just tell the truth? near TPY mrt also a good selling point what!

Is this a firesale? Or is it an example of agent aggressive selling tactics?
    Neighbouring block, height almost same, size almost same, but price difference of $450K. All i know is that if compare the 2 Caribbean transactions there will one sore seller and one sore buyer.

Address PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
    30 Keppel Bay Drive #06 $1783 1206 $2150k 25 Oct 10
    32 Keppel Bay Drive #07 $1398 1216 $1700k 08 Oct 10

Quote Originally Posted by kram
    Is this a firesale? Or is it an example of agent aggressive selling tactics?
    Neighbouring block, height almost same, size almost same, but price difference of $450K. All i know is that if compare the 2 Caribbean transactions there will one sore seller and one sore buyer.

Address PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
    30 Keppel Bay Drive #06 $1783 1206 $2150k 25 Oct 10
    32 Keppel Bay Drive #07 $1398 1216 $1700k 08 Oct 10

looks like different block ... 30 and 32 and could have totally different facing ... maybe one faces sentosa and the other facing highway ?

i am only guessing

perhaps fellow Carribeanians can verify

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    looks like different block ... 30 and 32 and could have totally different facing ... maybe one faces sentosa and the other facing highway ?

i am only guessing

perhaps fellow Carribeanians can verify
    true.. I remember going to Keppel @ Reflections and was quoted around $2400psf for the bay view while the golf course view goes for around $1800psf ..

Block 30 and 32 are middle blocks for Caribbean, so no highway or sentosa view. Think will face either water channel or swimming pool.