Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: NEW CONDO @ BEDOK CENTRAL BY CAPITALAND

The absd will affect people who are given the otp today 8 dec onwards. Those who have gotten their otp before 8 dec can still exercise within 3 weeks to be exempted from the absd

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Ask urself....will u forfeit ur deposit? I will....

At least still got a choice.....those just exercised their option cfm bang balls.....
    Eh... why will one want to forfeit the 1/4 of the 5% deposit?

If they exercised their option, then wouldn't they be exempted from the ABSD?

Unless, developer start to re-price the unsold units downwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    Unlikely there will be a lot of returned units - if that is the case.

Exactly in fact these buyers gain 3% against those who buy after 07th Dec
    and 10% for foreigners

Just heard from agent that Archipelago and other devt showrooms are still open attracting foreign buyers who were on the sidelines ......apparently they are signing the otp now to avoid the absd

now is already 8 dec. a lot of rushing to sign on 7 dec?

Eh... why will one want to forfeit the 1/4 of the 5% deposit?

If they exercised their option, then wouldn't they be exempted from the ABSD?

Unless, developer start to re-price the unsold units downwards?
    Very high chance other projects will start to cut px......

I wud rather wait and see and pay 6% bsd if px drop by 20% hehehe

Actually can the interested buyers still put the 5% booking fee tomorrow onwards but back-date it to 7 Dec?

Not sure whether can "circumvent" the rules to avoid ABSD...

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    Exactly in fact these buyers gain 3% against those who buy after 07th Dec
    and 10% for foreigners

Just heard from agent that Archipelago and other devt showrooms are still open attracting foreign buyers who were on the sidelines ......apparently they are signing the otp now to avoid the absd
    Wah.....y die die must buy sg ppty? Lol

AAA rating? Lol

Let's say hypothetically, if the developer sells the development at list prices for buyers not affected by ABSD, but gives discounts up to the ABSD limit for affected buyers.

What is in the mindset for the buyers not affected by ABSD? Will they want to buy? Or will they clamour for the same ABSD "discounts"?

Default REDAS disappointed with property cooling measures

SINGAPORE: The Real Estate Developers Association of Singapore (REDAS) has expressed its disappointment over the lack of consultation, following the government's announcement of the latest property cooling measures.

It said the measures came as a surprise, as the current market outlook is uncertain.

REDAS said the good take-up rate in the primary market is driven by the increased number of new launches and unique selling points of certain projects.

It is not indicative of a return to a speculative market.

REDAS believes given that the local economy is expected to slow down next year, the measures are untimely.

- CNA/de

Let's say hypothetically, if the developer sells the development at list prices for buyers not affected by ABSD, but gives discounts up to the ABSD limit for affected buyers.

What is in the mindset for the buyers not affected by ABSD? Will they want to buy? Or will they clamour for the same ABSD "discounts"?

ultimately fundamentals like location etc will prevail lor ~
    developers can always mark up their initial targeted selling price by 3% and then give up this 3% as discount to entice buyers.

but 10% ABSD will be tougher for foreign buyers haha

At least no more bus loads of china tourists in showflats from now...haa haa...

Citizens now got privileges liao. less foreigner buy = more pple rent?

Is PAPs helping Singaporeans become landlords? if property price drop 50%. I am quiet sure someone will lose their remaining 60% ****.

now PR status is very expensive liao lor. Can get 10% discount on property! invest 10m and get 10% discount when u buy a holiday home!

Frankly speaking, there are too many Singaporeans with multiple homes. I know of many friends who finished paying up their HDBs in 5-8yrs and are buying their 2nd and 3rd private properties...I feel HDB too cheap!

It will be a fool for existing buyers not to forfeit the 1.25% .. the buyers already paid peak prices of 1,350psf because they think no more CM from the garmen and land bid price continue to be firm. However, it turns out ugly. The new cooling measures are meant to destroy confidence, the net effect will be:

1. Remove foreigners demand totally, that means about 20% demand is gone

2. Land bidding further down the road will drop at least 10-15% giving developers more room to lower prices

3. Liquidity will rush to stock market or exit

4. Some SPRs/SCs having multiple properties sitting with big pile of capital gain since 2005 may decide to cash out due to loss of confidence, overnight you could see 10% lower prices

5. It sends a loud and clear signal to buyers to wait price to drop
    Ride at your own risk !!!

This measure is aimed at foreigners, and will hit developers hard, particularly those high-end properties developers selling to foreigners. We will see even more MMs/compact units in future.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    This measure is aimed at foreigners, and will hit developers hard, particularly those high-end properties developers selling to foreigners. We will see even more MMs/compact units in future.
    No need euro crisis to bring prices down already..

This will narrow the gap between HDB and private.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    This will narrow the gap between HDB and private.
    it will compress CCR, RCR, OCR and HDB ... it is like a spring held down by artificial intervention

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    it will compress CCR, RCR, OCR and HDB ... it is like a spring held down by artificial intervention
    Agree on the compression. Clementi DBSS still selling at 600-700+k for the 4 & 5 bedder.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Agree on the compression. Clementi DBSS still selling at 600-700+k for the 4 & 5 bedder.
    DBSS may need to lower prices slight due to narrowing gap between HDB resale and PC ... otherwise 2nd timers might as well go OCR PC

Unlikely there will be a lot of returned units - if that is the case.
    agreed! face is improtant!

standard reply:

is ok, i am buying for self stay.

Tomorrow channelnewsasia - ppl queue up to void options at Bedok showflat

Dont joke, it is highly likely, only lost 25% out of 5% right?
    No need to queue up for lapsed option. Just let it lapse.

I have exercised mine though.

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    agreed! face is improtant!

standard reply:

is ok, i am buying for self stay.
    Yes that is so correct.

So my official line is : Buying for a relative

Bro bullman, did I hear wrongly, you just exercised your option for BR and last night you bought another 2 landed ... you are the strongest bull I have ever heard of ....

A question to ask.....
    At which stage will u start to get home protection insurance?

Bro bullman, did I hear wrongly, you just exercised your option for BR and last night you bought another 2 landed ... you are the strongest bull I have ever heard of ....
    Ahh..But I have always been a bull, my friend. I may regret the BR later but that is secondary. I do not time the market for purchases. I seldom sell my units unless they are toxic which one should get rid of during the boom, which has just passed us all.

IMO, it's more crucial generating the capital to secure more units continuously rather than worry about the next correction/crash. You seldom go wrong by securing a unit with 6% yield, but there are exceptions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Ahh..But I have always been a bull, my friend. I may regret the BR later but that is secondary. I do not time the market for purchases. I seldom sell my units unless they are toxic which one should get rid of during the boom, which has just passed us all.

IMO, it's more crucial generating the capital to secure more units continuously rather than worry about the next correction/crash. You seldom go wrong by securing a unit with 6% yield, but there are exceptions of course.
    Bro.....the landed u bot last nite can generate 6% yield ? Tats vy high

Quote Originally Posted by bullman

I assume 3% savings, since escape the 3% ABSD, can be like $100k...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Bro.....the landed u bot last nite can generate 6% yield ? Tats vy high
    I must clarify that 6% is gross, not net. But yes, 6%.

Have you checked with your contacts? There are quite a few sellers hoping to off load within these few days at reasonable prices. Mostly CCR though.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    I assume 3% savings, since escape the 3% ABSD, can be like $100k...
    The 3% savings is an incentive but not a deciding factor. I am buying into others' knee jerk reaction by underpricing severely. If you can get future prices now, why not go for it? But that depends on what is one's acceptable definition of future price.