Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thomson Line Stations

Default Thomson Line Stations

Has anyone seen some work done to locate the stations for Thomson Line? I heard you can guess a station location by looking at the distance between the soil sampling. If the sampling is very intense, you can guess it is for stations.

Thanks,
    Richard

Do you have a good idea based on your best guess?

you should at least let ppl know which TSL station is on your watchlist.

speculativemrt.jpg

Wah, I've seen some 'future mrt lines' info but this one takes the cake. May I ask where did you get this 'speculative mrt lines' info?
    Quote Originally Posted by singaporewoman

speculativemrt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Wah, I've seen some 'future mrt lines' info but this one takes the cake. May I ask where did you get this 'speculative mrt lines' info?
    Is TS trying to hit the jackpot by guessing future Thomson Line MRT stations' locations? There 'may' be one near Thomson plaza, one near teacher's estate and one near Springside (end of upper thomson)

Again, all speculation...though Thomson Plaza thereabouts has a high chance due to the relatively higher population density...

speculativemrt.jpg
    wah like tat SG will sink down anot....so many underground lines underneath

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wah like tat SG will sink down anot....so many underground lines underneath
    will we live long enough to see is already a question
    everywhere also near mrt station including Johore & Coney island

from skyscrapercity forum

Quote Originally Posted by acewee

Based on the latest news about DTL3, this map doesn't seem very accurate right?

speculativemrt.jpg
    This guy really have "far sight"!

Default Thomson Line

Hi

since the last mentioned of the MRT line in Thomson area, are there any new update as to where it will likely located. Any advices?

News...condos near republic poly !!!

TODAY ONLINE

Thomson Line to terminate near Republic Polytechnic

It will integrate with rail system to Johor; land for depot in Mandai gazetted

by Neo Chai Chin and Wayne Chan
    04:47 AM Jun 17, 2011
    SINGAPORE - Residents in Woodlands could see greater interest in their properties, while Singapore's largest orchid farm in Mandai will have to relocate, following the latest plans for the 30-kilometre Thomson Line (TSL) that will start running by 2018.

If the proposed Rapid Transit System Link between Singapore and Johor Baru goes according to plan, the two lines will be integrated at the TSL's northern-most terminal station, which the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced yesterday: At a site near Republic Polytechnic.

The station will be north of the Woodlands MRT Station, which will be the future interchange for the Thomson and North South lines, the LTA said.

Further details of the TSL, such as its alignment and the sites of other stations, will be released after detailed engineering studies are completed.

The four-carriage trains that will ply the fully underground line will be able to transport 40,000 passengers per hour in each direction. The new line was reported in 2008 to have 18 stations and will bring commuters to the Marina Bay area, passing through estates such as Ang Mo Kio, Sin Ming and Thomson.

With LTA's announcement, Dennis Wee Group director Chris Koh expects property prices near the future terminal station to rise once the Rapid Transit System Link is completed. Citing the heavy passenger movement between Singapore and Johor Baru daily, Mr Koh said: "I won't be surprised if prices go up by five to 10 per cent easily."

The LTA has also gazetted a site in Mandai for TSL's depot. Construction on the 32-hectare depot, set to be the largest here, will begin at the end of next year.

Singapore's fifth train depot - after Bishan, Changi, Ulu Pandan and Tuas (to be completed in 2016) - will house up to 90 trains.

As a result, the 43-hectare Orchidville farm - equivalent to the size of 60 football fields - will have to move. It has been on a 20-year lease from the Government since 1993.

Its owner Joseph Phua, 56, who will be entitled to statutory compensation under the Land Acquisition Act, told MediaCorp yesterday that over half of the 1.5 million plants - including some rare ones costing up to S$600 each - at the farm may have to be disposed of.

He also said he will likely have to downsize his operations to a fifth of what it is now, as it would be difficult to find a equivalent-size piece of land. The farm, which employs about 100 workers, will then have to retrench some employees.

Mr Phua will meet the authorities next month to discuss compensation and hopes to secure an alternative site in Mandai. He also hopes the cost of relocating could be defrayed.

"There are so many plants for us to move and to develop the piece of land isn't a matter of one month or two months. (The application process) already takes more than six months ... for a piece of land," he said.

Mr Phua said the farm, which receives about seven to eight tour groups a day and has a restaurant for corporate functions, will remain open till the end of next year

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    News...condos near republic poly !!!
    welcome to new condos Marsiling Residences and Loft@Marsiling

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    welcome to new condos Marsiling Residences and Loft@Marsiling
    plus Marsiling Grand and Marsiling Heights

Admiralty Suites and The Admiralty also a possibility...

anyway it does seem like now that Woodlands is terminal, chances of TSL passing through Sembawang road (chong pang area) very slim...and that area has the NSE already.

got a line running from simpang to the seletar airport/aerospace hub to changi airport

Anyone got map of this line?
    Last edited by danntbt; 17-06-11 at 16:04.

i dont think this map is very accurate

Judging from the congetion in terms of build-up around AMK station, it is unlikely to be where the new line crosses in AMK town, most probably the proposed kebun Stn or YCK, where part of the track may align with the NS highway.

From sin ming, keban bahru, they need to head towards mandai orchid garden, that should this line is likely to run alongside upper thomson road. From the yio chu kang road junction onwards.

Seriously, thomson n erl line is really extra one....may create more flash floods?

Y nid 3mrt lines running along n-s n e-central?

The real immediate problem is at jur east stn....after the improvement work, still jam packed....cant imagine wats gona happen when jld starts to take shape....

Looks like our 3 major old roads all got mrt line running along them.
    Serangoon/ upper serangoon road = NEL
    Bukit timah/Upper bukit timah road = DTL2
    Thomson road/Upper thomson road = TL

Seriously, thomson n erl line is really extra one....may create more flash floods?

Y nid 3mrt lines running along n-s n e-central?
    you need to see the crowd at ang mo kio station in the morning.

likewise, without familiarity of the eastern region, i agree with you why the to have 3 lines in the east, including the eastern region line that is to be confirmed. perhaps someone living in the east can testify to the overflowing crowd on the existing eastern line.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    you need to see the crowd at ang mo kio station in the morning.

likewise, without familiarity of the eastern region, i agree with you why the to have 3 lines in the east, including the eastern region line that is to be confirmed. perhaps someone living in the east can testify to the overflowing crowd on the existing eastern line.
    I stay in the east....

The real immediate problem now lies in jur east stn....its real real bad....

For n-s,i believe things will get much better after dtl2.....poor ridership later on will pose another set of problems

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    From sin ming, keban bahru, they need to head towards mandai orchid garden, that should this line is likely to run alongside upper thomson road. From the yio chu kang road junction onwards.
    I am pretty sure it will not run along upper thomson road from yio chu kang road junction onwards. Because like that it is very hard to turn into amk. You have to make a 90 degrees turn into yio chu kang road, and another 90 deg turn into AMK.

I think it is just going cut beside lentor and join upper thomson at tagore. There are some empty plots of land which the MRT line can pass through.

I stay in the east....

The real immediate problem now lies in jur east stn....its real real bad....

For n-s,i believe things will get much better after dtl2.....poor ridership later on will pose another set of problems
    what does dtl2 has to do with NS line?

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    what does dtl2 has to do with NS line?
    Y not, nxt time those staying in bukitmpanjang for eg can take dtl2 to town instead

The real immediate problem is at jur east stn....after the improvement work, still jam packed....cant imagine wats gona happen when jld starts to take shape....
    totally agree. !!

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    I am pretty sure it will not run along upper thomson road from yio chu kang road junction onwards. Because like that it is very hard to turn into amk. You have to make a 90 degrees turn into yio chu kang road, and another 90 deg turn into AMK.

I think it is just going cut beside lentor and join upper thomson at tagore. There are some empty plots of land which the MRT line can pass through.
    It's not that hard if the station is at kebun bahru, probably a 45 degree turn, newton orchard somerset is a 90° turn.