Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Thomson Line Stations

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    That was ages ago...since then Nessea Club is no more, having returned its lease back to the government (hintz)
    No properties within 3mins walking distance from nessea club. Eventually they could build some property there when they have built a station there, that's why they take back the land.
    Last edited by kane; 11-09-11 at 10:22.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    I am sure there will not be a station open there unless the government develop the area. how to get enough traffic there to justify slowing down the entire line for everyone?

I hope the government don't put too many stations on the thomson line. If it ends up SLOWER than the NS line, people from woodlands will still take NS line and nobody will use the Thomson line.
    So having a station by your lentor would? You really seem rooting for the station to be built there

So having a station by your lentor would? You really seem rooting for the station to be built there
    Lentor would only serve a few private condos and a landed estate. Backtrack 100m and they could potential serve those condos and the HDB estate in the area. But then would it be too close to the supposedly kebun bahru station... Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Lentor would only serve a few private condos and a landed estate. Backtrack 100m and they could potential serve those condos and the HDB estate in the area. But then would it be too close to the supposedly kebun bahru station... Let's see.
    Lentor is served by YCK and that's it. Of course no harm in hoping for the best

The direction of the Thomson line has been determined (and within reasonable geographical constraints), and the venue of the stations almost done too - they have been deciding where along the line to put the stations and it's done too. Let's just wait for the news

Lentor is served by YCK and that's it. Of course no harm in hoping for the best

The direction of the Thomson line has been determined (and within reasonable geographical constraints), and the venue of the stations almost done too - they have been deciding where along the line to put the stations and it's done too. Let's just wait for the news
    Which auspicious day are they saving the announcment for?

Hoping there is 1 stn along upper thomson rd. Like that next time go makan prata, see monekys it will be easier.

Which auspicious day are they saving the announcment for?
    I wish I knew too

Quote Originally Posted by Terese
    Hoping there is 1 stn along upper thomson rd. Like that next time go makan prata, see monekys it will be easier.
    There will be - confirmed - but maybe not so near the prata place lah. Still need to walk abit

The rate the ppl see the soil tests as anindicator seem to suggest every where also got a station. .......

There will be - confirmed - but maybe not so near the prata place lah. Still need to walk abit
    it's a long walk from that casuarina prata place lah.

it's a long walk from that casuarina prata place lah.
    Can take bus down Upp Thomson Road to the station at/near Thomson Plaza.

I wander what is the effect on the price of Meadows@Pierce when Thomson line is announced.

Depends on whether there's a station at lentor. If no, then there should hardly be any iimpact as tthe next station is probably closer to springleaf.

Repeated post.

I live there what

anyway lentor has much more people than Nessea club area...

But I live closer to the YCK MRT side so still quite a bit of walk to reach the other side of Lentor.

aiyo, backtrack 100m lor.... how long does it take for you to walk 100m anyway?

It is still nearby lentor.

I dunno anything but if I would bet, it would be near lentor. Mainly because it is near condos/HDB and there is a big plot of undeveloped land that is slated for housing. And there are probably 2 stations in AMK, one in the north AMK and the other near kebun bahru.

Depends on whether there's a station at lentor. If no, then there should hardly be any iimpact as tthe next station is probably closer to springleaf.
    lentor is quite far from Meadows.... probably more than 1km.

aiyo, backtrack 100m lor.... how long does it take for you to walk 100m anyway?

It is still nearby lentor.

I dunno anything but if I would bet, it would be near lentor. Mainly because it is near condos/HDB and there is a big plot of undeveloped land that is slated for housing. And there are probably 2 stations in AMK, one in the north AMK and the other near kebun bahru.
    I'm not so sure it'll be at that lentor junction. But assumings it is. The distance from meadows is about 400-500m away.

I'm not so sure it'll be at that lentor junction. But assumings it is. The distance from meadows is about 400-500m away.
    ??? I am sure it is not. Refer to google map. It is at around 1km, probably more.

Maybe we are refering to different junctions. But the nearest lentor junction to meadows is around 1km away.

I live there lah...

??? I am sure it is not. Refer to google map. It is at around 1km, probably more.

Maybe we are refering to different junctions. But the nearest lentor junction to meadows is around 1km away.

I live there lah...
    yeah, that's why i was puzzled by your backtrack 100m comment. 500m or 1km at least like what you say.

Saw soil test being done at orchard boulevard near Camden medical. Should be for the Thomson line.

There's a lot of soil test outside the kampong chicken rice along Upper Thomson Road.

i see soil tests everywhere leh.

If stations announced may prevent the properties beside TSL stations from depreciating

The soil testing really kicking into high gear.

The north south line is so crowded right now. It badly needs the thomson line to be ready sooner rathet than later..

The north south line is so crowded right now. It badly needs the thomson line to be ready sooner rathet than later..
    SMRT CEO mentioned "not crowded wat". Still can squeezzze somemore wat. Always complaint. Look at India.

Looking at Yishun BTO flats that are coming. It is massive. Some at Sembawang.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    SMRT CEO mentioned "not crowded wat". Still can squeezzze somemore wat. Always complaint. Look at India.

Looking at Yishun BTO flats that are coming. It is massive. Some at Sembawang.

generally not crowded ... but at cityhall, raffles place, doby ghaut (circle line interchange) etc... damn crowded

why some even suggest, Pink train for girls only during peak hr ?
    so selfish ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    generally not crowded ... but at cityhall, raffles place, doby ghaut (circle line interchange) etc... damn crowded

why some even suggest, Pink train for girls only during peak hr ?
    so selfish ...
    The commuters were packing into the trains like sardines at Bishan, Ang Mo Kio and City Hall.

Any updates on MRT station location at Sin Ming and Upper Thomson Roads? . When will the official announcement be made ?

Any updates anyone ?

Saw few soil tests at junction of AMK ave 1 & Upper Thomson , outside Euphony condo the other 2 cant rem the exact locations.

Euphony condo?? Probably some alignment to be made??