Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Thomson Line Stations

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    One of the soil testing machines is very near to a row of Soo Chow terraces that is parallel to Upp Thomson Road. I think those residents could have grounds to be worried about this.
    In all likelihood they are probably going to run the line under upper thomson before cutting in towards Sin Ming and AMK.

must go temple and pray pray... big big space there for afterlife services.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    must go temple and pray pray... big big space there for afterlife services.
    Ease the traffic during qing ming.

Yes, a MRT station at Sin Ming Ave will ease traffic during Quing Ming month. Thomson Grand, Gardens at Bishan and Bishan Park and HDB residents around the area will provide the catchment to justify the MRT station to be located at Sin Ming Avenue. The MRT line will probably run down from Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 and turn to Ave 3, cut across AMK Ave 1 to Sin Ming Ave.

There's been some chatter of soil test around what they think to be Thomson line related. One chap in sin ming ave said he received a letter for site evaluation. Perhaps the announcement is not too far away.

coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    coming soon...
    Yes, should be. Soil test machines have been littered along amk ave 4. Plus some around Stevens road and near Maxwell market. The soil testing is going into overdrive.

Nessea club...

Soil test machines spotted further down ang mo kio ave 4, closer to ave 5 and ave 9.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Soil test machines spotted further down ang mo kio ave 4, closer to ave 5 and ave 9.
    Hrmm...then mayflower gardens and wellington gardens FH landed will be prized buy if a station is really there.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Hrmm...then mayflower gardens and wellington gardens FH landed will be prized buy if a station is really there.
    yup, and if there's a station at lentor, that estate will be celebrating as well.

yup, and if there's a station at lentor, that estate will be celebrating as well.
    I hope they built some retail space if they do have a lentor station.

That will be really good.

Currently YCK MRT is sort of nearby but have nothing at all.

Most MRTs have some sort of retail/coffee shops, etc. YCK MRT totally have nothing. There isn't a coffee shop nearby even...

I think the demand should be there because there is nothing nearby and looking at the human traffic at YCK MRT which has grown over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    I hope they built some retail space if they do have a lentor station.

That will be really good.

Currently YCK MRT is sort of nearby but have nothing at all.

Most MRTs have some sort of retail/coffee shops, etc. YCK MRT totally have nothing. There isn't a coffee shop nearby even...

I think the demand should be there because there is nothing nearby and looking at the human traffic at YCK MRT which has grown over the years.
    There isn't a big enough plot of land in lentor that's near all the high rise developments to justify retail mall. The closest alternative now is the market at St 61.

Somehow MRT seem so "Common" now. i begin to worry about the stablity of the nearby places.

Did saw some soil test done last month at teacher's estate so seem like everything is still not firm yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Terese
    Somehow MRT seem so "Common" now. i begin to worry about the stablity of the nearby places.

Did saw some soil test done last month at teacher's estate so seem like everything is still not firm yet.
    Which part of teacher's estate?

Which part of teacher's estate?
    At the road outside the "Korean" School, Near the Mun Wah Garden and furtherdown Tagore Ave

Quote Originally Posted by Terese

Yup. And I think the newer lines has too many stations. Don't know how long it takes to reach your destination.

Example, the new thomson line to orchard road from lentor has 9 stops vs NS line from YCK which has 7 stops.

And the NS line stops at all the impt places like orchard, sommerset, novena, douby, city hall, etc.

I think MRT also has different types. The older lines are still the most convenient. Some of the newer lines actually is not very useful.

Wellington gardens, Fudu park and president gardens were only 450k++ when first launched in the late 80s....

Now this price can only get a 5 room hdb flat.

Yup. And I think the newer lines has too many stations. Don't know how long it takes to reach your destination.

Example, the new thomson line to orchard road from lentor has 9 stops vs NS line from YCK which has 7 stops.

And the NS line stops at all the impt places like orchard, sommerset, novena, douby, city hall, etc.

I think MRT also has different types. The older lines are still the most convenient. Some of the newer lines actually is not very useful.
    this thomson line, if it cuts into the new downtown marina area will be useful for those who work there.

thomson line will intersect with orchard station.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    thomson line will intersect with orchard station.
    now that the soil test has been stepped up, wonder when the announcement for the stations will be.

Coming soon. Maybe on October 8 when the rest of Circle line starts running ??

you referring to the western part of the circle line?

now that the soil test has been stepped up, wonder when the announcement for the stations will be.
    there is so many soil test in AMK....

there is so many soil test in AMK....
    the shaft of the tunnel looks fairly certain, now the question is where will the station be.

Dun say dun give tips hor...Nessea Club

as in soil test spotted at nessea club?

as in soil test spotted at nessea club?
    That was ages ago...since then Nessea Club is no more, having returned its lease back to the government (hintz)

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Dun say dun give tips hor...Nessea Club
    I am sure there will not be a station open there unless the government develop the area. how to get enough traffic there to justify slowing down the entire line for everyone?

I hope the government don't put too many stations on the thomson line. If it ends up SLOWER than the NS line, people from woodlands will still take NS line and nobody will use the Thomson line.

the shaft of the tunnel looks fairly certain, now the question is where will the station be.
    ya lor so many debates last time.

I think it looks like it will follow Ave 4 past lentor. So many soil test machines all over that stretch. Like every 50m have one. Doesn't make sense to do such intensive testing unless they more or less has decided on the route.