Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOMU (D9, Freehold, Sin Heng Chan)

Makelele Guest

Default NOMU (D9, Freehold, Sin Heng Chan)

Designed by world-renowned Singaporean architects, WoHa.

http://www.sinhengchan.com.sg/Nomu/home.htm

No Way Guest

Default Re: NOMU (D9, Freehold, Sin Heng Chan)

I been passing by every day because I work nearby. Boy they are really taking a long time to do this project. The existing building is not even demolished yet!

Nomufan Guest

Default Getting there

It seems that this project is finally getting there despite all the delays and there s still lots to do but it s slowly appearing n looking good.
    Anyone knows about The Luxe which is the project next door and also seems that Allgreen will be launching soon in front of 8@mount sophia.
    What do u guys think of NOMU?

Default For Sale Nomu

HI, I am owner of NOMU designed by award winning Australian / Singaporean architects WoHa
    District 9, Freehold, TOP december 2008
    Unit number #10-06, relatively small development with only 50 units, 10th floor is the highest floor for a 2 bedroom unit. Overall highest floor being PH on the 11th and 12th floors.
    Adress: 20 Handy road.
    2+1 bedrooms, 1099 sqf. Asking price $1820 psf negotiable, total price $2.00 M. Current rental for condo next door with similar area about SGD 6,000 per month.
    2 minutes walk from Mrt Dhoby Gauht (interchange line connecting to all of Singapore) and 2 stops from Orchard MRT, Orchard road, Singapore Management University, Plaza Singapura, Carrefour, Cathay building
    Corner unit, unblocked view on the 10th floor (top floor 12th), overlooking Mount Sophia and very quiet (200 meters from Sophia Court). The apartment is located on the 10th floor which is the same floor as the sky garden. No nearby construction as on one side of Nomu is a building whose construction has just been completed and on the other side is a piece of empty land which is a reserve site on which nothing is to be built as per official Singapore Master Plan 2008 released in May08.
    Developper also confirmed no screening on windows required despite proximity of Istana as authorities have already conducted the necessary check and studies.
    Facilities: pool, sauna, jacuzzi, gym, meeting room.

Condo web site for more information.
    http://www.sinhengchan.com.sg/Nomu/home.htm

If interest pls e mail me at: [email protected]

Thanks.

Unregistered999 Guest

Exclamation 1.8KPSF, LOL LOL

go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!! REMEMBER TO AVOID NOVENA, WHICH IS A HOSPITAL TOWN THAT REEKS WITH DEATH AND SICKNESS!!!

Unregistered888 Guest

Exclamation iS IT A NAME OF SOME PANCAKE OR TOUFU? btw i am not an agent coz they stink

NO POINT PAYING 1.8KPSF for a condo that sounds like the name of a toufu or pancake. with singapore so small, what dif does it really make to be 5 min to town, 3 min to town or even living in town? shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomufan
    It seems that this project is finally getting there despite all the delays and there s still lots to do but it s slowly appearing n looking good.
    Anyone knows about The Luxe which is the project next door and also seems that Allgreen will be launching soon in front of 8@mount sophia.

Seeing is believing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by condowner
    2+1 bedrooms, 1099 sqf. Asking price $1820 psf negotiable, total price $2.00 M.
    You gotta be high ... you will never get any sane person to pay that ... try smoking some more crack man...

Unregistered123 Guest

Think u r a brainless beacon height agent!! Compare a mass boon keng area condo to a freehold district 9... use yr brain to think don use yr as* ! Make yrself a stupid fool here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomufan
    Passed by yesterday, actually the building of NOMU looks nice. Actually NOMU location is perfect and one good thing is the car entrance is via Handy rd unlike those in Mt Sophia, got to drive up slope, u turn...etc. Another good thing is FH..

i personally think this project is a gem as it is only fh at handy road for sales. i think woha won't do badly on this one too!

Unregistered888 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Seeing is believing
    You gotta be high ... you will never get any sane person to pay that ... try smoking some more crack man...
    Agree 100%...nomu is just nt worth that kind of price. Better to buy a gd unit above 20 floors in the city fringe 4 below 1k and enjoy full cndo facilities.

NOMU=NOT OF MUCH USE Guest

Default NOMU = Not Of Much Use

NOMU= Not Of Much Use 1)not much use paying 1.8k psf for it 2) not of much use being along handy rd being an eyesore 3) not of much use to live being in a congested and polluted area 4) not of much use as a viewing gallery as it is a shortie development 5) not of much use as an investment coz only people who eat NOMU toufu with a toufu brain would live in the place....LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Think u r a brainless beacon height agent!! Compare a mass boon keng area condo to a freehold district 9... use yr brain to think don use yr as* ! Make yrself a stupid fool here.

NOMU= NOT OF MUCH USE Guest

Default NOMU=NOT OF MUCH USE

Btw unregistered888 doesnt sound like an agent coz he criticised agents as stinking parasites in other threads. Would an agent criticise himself? 123, use ur freaking brain

Quote Originally Posted by NOMU=NOT OF MUCH USE
    NOMU= Not Of Much Use 1)not much use paying 1.8k psf for it 2) not of much use being along handy rd being an eyesore 3) not of much use to live being in a congested and polluted area 4) not of much use as a viewing gallery as it is a shortie development 5) not of much use as an investment coz only people who eat NOMU toufu with a toufu brain would live in the place....LOL

wow! 1.8k psf for nomu. wonder how much allgreen will launch the 99-yr site next to it , suites at orchard?

Give BH A Miss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered888
    NO POINT PAYING 1.8KPSF for a condo that sounds like the name of a toufu or pancake. with singapore so small, what dif does it really make to be 5 min to town, 3 min to town or even living in town? shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!
    With scum like you, kandinsky, who cursed others to die, staying in BH. Better give BH a miss!

If Boon Keng is so good, as baselessly claimed by you, many would be rushing to stay in the area. Why are they not doing it? Something is wrong! Better stay clear of BH!

So many others are following me in avoiding BH. That's good!

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered888
    Quote Originally Posted by Give BH A Miss
    With scum like you, kandinsky, who cursed others to die, staying in BH. Better give BH a miss!

If Boon Keng is so good, as baselessly claimed by you, many would be rushing to stay in the area. Why are they not doing it? Something is wrong! Better stay clear of BH!

Please be considerate and discuss Beacon H. in the Beacon H. thread. Thanks.

Unregistered876 Guest

Default just dnt regret

buying a gd property is all about foresight. Anyone who has gd foresite gains it is as simple as that. Those nt rushng to BH may nt have the foresite that the 80% of buyers have in the first phase of sale even b4 public launch. Fyi 5 out of 6 penthouses already sold to sme rich guys who have the foresite u dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Give BH A Miss

Default Nomu - The Quaint Essential One

What do you guys think of the project, albeit a refurbished one.

My Opinion,
    Location - A1
    Interior - Very Average
    Plot size - Very Small for 50 units
    Building design - Very interesting
    Luxury - Average, no much land space or recreation space there
    Asking - $1500 - $1700psf
    Building - Old structure, Refurbished and reconfigured

Anyone would like to comment on this project and throw in a fair value to this development??

My opinions...

1. Can say agree with you on all points. Would like to add:

2. Pros:
    a. 'Ltd edition' in a sense only FH residential along Handy Rd. Rest either svc residences, LH or URA plots. And Handy Road is very near to Dhoby Ghaut MRT interchange for 2 lines. Will be 3 when Circle line is up.
    b. Interior is average but workmanship is not bad.
    c. A back-gate along the Mt Sophia Road so it is added convenience for those who need to access Mt Sophia side, for whatever reasons.

3. Cons:
    a. Very few facilities. Pool and gym are small.
    b. Carpark turns very tight when driving out. Can be nightmarish for big cars! So pls drive extra carefully when you are coming down from the carpark.
    c. Kitchen caters only for 'electric' cooking. And no Citygas. If you want to use gas cylinders, then got to allocate a space for that in the kitchen.

Yeo

Quote Originally Posted by ahlipp
    What do you guys think of the project, albeit a refurbished one.

My Opinion,
    Location - A1
    Interior - Very Average
    Plot size - Very Small for 50 units
    Building design - Very interesting
    Luxury - Average, no much land space or recreation space there
    Asking - $1500 - $1700psf
    Building - Old structure, Refurbished and reconfigured

Anyone would like to comment on this project and throw in a fair value to this development??

Thanks for the feedback Yeo,

somehow the douby ghaut area except for VisionCrest have never gotten beyond the 2kpsf mark.

yes... douby ghuat mrt is the major interchange and a prime spot. However, the residential projects in the doby area as compared to orchard / somerset somehow seems to pale in comparison and lack the shine and glamour.

but still a good piece of asset.

Nomu... somehow is not generating too much interest in this forum i guess

My guess is that till now, Handy Road has never, or very little, been on the radar as far as residential properties are concerned.

Not counting Luxe and Cathay Residences which are svc apts, Nomu is the first residential to be ready along this stretch, and I think 50 units are not big enough to make a big impact. So prices are more or less 'influenced' by Mt Sophia properties, albeit at a higher valuation.

I believe there are only 2 other URA plots along Handy Road. One is Allgreen's and the other yet to be released by URA. So we shall see how the market then determine their prices, which in effect will affect Nomu's. Cos the market is the market. And Mr Market determines the prices, not us.

Above are just my opinions, ok?

Thanks for the feedback Yeo,

somehow the douby ghaut area except for VisionCrest have never gotten beyond the 2kpsf mark.

yes... douby ghuat mrt is the major interchange and a prime spot. However, the residential projects in the doby area as compared to orchard / somerset somehow seems to pale in comparison and lack the shine and glamour.

but still a good piece of asset.

Nomu... somehow is not generating too much interest in this forum i guess

Quote Originally Posted by yeo
    My guess is that till now, Handy Road has never, or very little, been on the radar as far as residential properties are concerned.

Not counting Luxe and Cathay Residences which are svc apts, Nomu is the first residential to be ready along this stretch, and I think 50 units are not big enough to make a big impact. So prices are more or less 'influenced' by Mt Sophia properties, albeit at a higher valuation.

I believe there are only 2 other URA plots along Handy Road. One is Allgreen's and the other yet to be released by URA. So we shall see how the market then determine their prices, which in effect will affect Nomu's. Cos the market is the market. And Mr Market determines the prices, not us.

Above are just my opinions, ok?
    sounds fair enough...although the rest of the properties along that stretch is 99 yrs but i guess it more or less will influence...

the depressing thing of coz is the rental... Nomu would need to command higher rental becoz of higher selling psf but other developments around it will depress it's asking coz they sell at lower psf and have better facilities... so that makes price of Nomu more unpredictable i guess

Development name sounds like the name of some toufu product.

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    Development name sounds like the name of some toufu product.
    and an expensive one too!!

IMHO, Nomu is best bought as a 'collector's item' for long-term investors; with good rental yield regarded as a bonus.

sounds fair enough...although the rest of the properties along that stretch is 99 yrs but i guess it more or less will influence...

the depressing thing of coz is the rental... Nomu would need to command higher rental becoz of higher selling psf but other developments around it will depress it's asking coz they sell at lower psf and have better facilities... so that makes price of Nomu more unpredictable i guess

Quote Originally Posted by yeo
    IMHO, Nomu is best bought as a 'collector's item' for long-term investors; with good rental yield regarded as a bonus.

It is pretty amusing to read certain comments. Singapore is a fully developed economy competing with the top cities of the world since the last 10-15 years. So the potential for growth is lower than in an un-developed economy. Which means technically speaking in a developed economy, one should aim for good rental yield. If you aim for capital appreciation which outgrows interest rate, than you are aiming for another property bubble.
    Capital apprecition was easy to achieve up until the mid 80s because Singapore was lagging behind developed economies. How ever now it reached a level where further growth is harder to come by.

Long term investor goes for rental yield, short term investor rides the bubble for capital appreciation, as rent cannot keep up with appreciation since rental contracts are fixed for a year or more. What you say makes no sense.

Hi Kalumder,

Thanks for sharing your views with me.

Yes, in theory what you said makes sense, generally speaking.

In actual property investing, be it so called long- or short-term, my view is there are unknown factors that determine its final success. And I don't know what I don't know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kalumder
    It is pretty amusing to read certain comments. Singapore is a fully developed economy competing with the top cities of the world since the last 10-15 years. So the potential for growth is lower than in an un-developed economy. Which means technically speaking in a developed economy, one should aim for good rental yield. If you aim for capital appreciation which outgrows interest rate, than you are aiming for another property bubble.
    Capital apprecition was easy to achieve up until the mid 80s because Singapore was lagging behind developed economies. How ever now it reached a level where further growth is harder to come by.

Long term investor goes for rental yield, short term investor rides the bubble for capital appreciation, as rent cannot keep up with appreciation since rental contracts are fixed for a year or more. What you say makes no sense.

Dhoby Ghaut is too accessible, with interchange and all that. Expensive properties must be isolated from the masses, but accessible by residents. Nassim, Ardmore, Boulevard, etc

Isolated from the masses, but convenient for residents. Not many location can satisfy this requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Isolated from the masses, but convenient for residents. Not many location can satisfy this requirement.
    yes the locations you mentioned Nassim, Ardmore, Boulevard are exclusive yet convenient and prime...

however i'm not discounting Nomu yet because it is one of it's kind, whether it will be widely accepted in future remain to be seen. Nomu has that feel of cosmopolitan being in the limelight, being seen....though it has not the land mass and luxury in terms facilities and finishing and it do not belong to traditional good class area, it's design is comtemparary and will last for a long time to come.