Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions on District 11 Properties ( 2 bedroom )

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Actually it is difficult to say which is the best in terms of ranking because different top schools have different emphasis. E.g. SJI Junior produces good sportsmen. SCGS you said produce good tai tai? (but don't think tai tai in bad light, I found them to be very sensible, understanding, presentable, and elegent! Much better choice as wife than girls from many other schools!). Also, their results are really top in terms of %age getting A* and A. This vs other top schools whose emphasis is just producing 1 or 2 top scorers (but their %age getting A* and A are actually lower)!

SCGS produce typical upper class wives and mothers. you are ah pek that's why you like these type. sensible, understanding, presentable, elegant... wah lan eh, typical MCP kind of preference i prefer the very hiong RGS type. that type usually find singaporean men like you a BIG turn off.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The type where their eyes grow on their head? You like being 'driven' by them?

BTW, don't call me ah pek, I could be younger than u
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    SCGS produce typical upper class wives and mothers. you are ah pek that's why you like these type. sensible, understanding, presentable, elegant... wah lan eh, typical MCP kind of preference i prefer the very hiong RGS type. that type usually find singaporean men like you a BIG turn off.
    Last edited by teddybear; 24-08-10 at 23:05.

I think tbe best strategy is "don't buy developer's units". If u have a few investments, may want to let some go and take some money off the table.

Talking about empty units. Super-prime Paterson Suites - going to TOP soon with only 1/4 of the units sold. Even the 20+ or so handful of units that were sold to are trying desperately to offload at below developer's price. This condo is going to be 3/4 empty when TOP. Not sure what is the developer's plan - they should start some major launch activities soon.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    that's true.

so who will outperform the now ? there seems to have more empty/upcoming CCRs than OCRs.

Paterson Suites by Bukit Sembawang?

Not surprising. They have several prime sites but not actively promoting nor selling them.

Not sure about their strategy, but they seem like playing a wait and see game. Not sure if they can pull it off, cos if the market becomes softer next year, they may have to wait long long.

Not surprising for Paterson Suites. 8 Napier even better. TOP liao only sold 3 out of 46:

"The Edge reported that
    MGPA, a private equity
    real estate investment advisory firm linked to the

Macquarie
    group, has sold all 19 units at 8 Napier

that it had bought in 2007 at $3550 psf. Edge said
    however “word on the street” has it that the units
    were “returned” to the developers, which include
    Tony Tan (ex-
    Parkway Holdings), and the 20%
    deposit forfeited. (No caveats have been lodged

for a while now.)

The 999-year leasehold and 46-unit development
    next to the Gleneagles Hospital has been completed,
    with only 3 units sold other than the “returned” 19
    units."

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    It all depends on the base year you're looking at

CCR index = 195 (Q4'98 = 100)
    Mass index = 171

It means prime has increased 95% (CAGR 7.9%) relative to 1998 while mass/mid has only increase 71% relative to 1998 (CAGR 5.9%). So CCR has actually appreciated more if we use 1998 as the base year.

And please note this is an index relative to the original base price. I have never said prime and mid will become the SAME PRICE. I'm not sure how people read that way. I'm just saying considering CCR has increased at a faster rate - CAGR of 7.9% from 1998, it is about time the rate of increase come down - while the rest start to catch up. This theory has been proven to be correct in the past 2 years. And I always like to use the developed country vs the developing country analogy. I'm not saying a developing country will become developed overnight. I'm just saying the opportunity to grow and rate of growth should be higher. That's why countries in Europe stuggle to grow at 3% per annum while China or Vietnam or Philippines has no problem growing at more than 7%. So if you have money to invest, where do you place your bets?

No right or wrong answer. Just different investment strategies.
    Well... I do agree it is investment choice. But make sure you are using the correct base when deciding on choices.

So are you recommending to invest in MASS market now?

Property market moves in cycle. One thing is for sure - NOW is NOT the bottom of the cycle, but whether it is the top - nobody knows.

But in the long term, my view is suburbs has far greater potential - no doubts on that. I don't like to use terms like "mass market" because it is misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Well... I do agree it is investment choice. But make sure you are using the correct base when deciding on choices.

So are you recommending to invest in MASS market now?

You're right - Bukit Sembawang. Waiting and waiting for the best window of opportunity to sell at the highest possible price to clueless foreign investors. Turns out foreign investors are not that clueless anymore. The new generation (Gen X and Y) of Indonesian/foreign investors are actually very savvy - unlike their parents/older generations - they keep their options open and are open to new ideas, e.g. investing in new underdeveloped areas, conducting diligence on URA plans and transport network etc. They no longer just buy a place "because expensive must be good."

"Expensive must be good" is so old school .

"Location location location" interpreted as "prime location" is also old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    Paterson Suites by Bukit Sembawang?

Not surprising. They have several prime sites but not actively promoting nor selling them.

Not sure about their strategy, but they seem like playing a wait and see game. Not sure if they can pull it off, cos if the market becomes softer next year, they may have to wait long long.

just be careful....cheap can get cheaper as well

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

My Lesson learnt: Cheap not always best bargain... Many things are cheap for a reason, only rarely did anybody bought something cheap at a bargain (because when it is really cheap fire sale, it is usually bought by insiders' to the agents). Now when almost any Tom Dick & Harry buying the mass market, seems to suggest something to me. My philosophy is always that 20% of the people make 80% of the total money. So many buying mass market can't be all of them going to make big money?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Of course. But expensive can also get cheaper. We're talking about LONG TERM POTENTIAL - whether existing developed area or new underdeveloped areas have GREATER long term potential. Why did Macquarie return those units at 8 Napier? Because they don't see any potential.

But if you're a short term player playing on sentiments and foreign hot monies, then I guess high-end might be the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate