Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3944495459646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2496

Thread: Vacanza @ East

Quote Originally Posted by jasonetee View Post
    What? Let's get our lawyers to whack Hoi Hup!
    I am not sure what to do next, since only the management office told me that LTA reject the main gate, I don't have any black and white.

But I think we need to push them to build a main gate since it is very important, else our swimming pool and play ground will be used as a open facility.

below is the full letter
    "
    Our Ref: LTA/P&P/TPL/DBC/F20.019.000/8454
    Date : 13-Mar-2014
    Tel : 6332 8374
    Fax :

Enquiry on property Vacanza@east main entrance issue
    FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20140303-0463
    We refer to your email of 3 March 2014.
    We wish to clarify that we do not regulate the building main gate provision/ gate design to any development. You may obtain more information from your developer and their consultant.
    We thank you for writing in.
    Yours sincerely

Lee Chor Teck
    Principal Engineering Officer
    Development & Building Control
    Roads & Transportation

"

If you need MIO TV in your master bedroom as well, you will have 3 options
    1. approach Sngtel to wire another data line to your bedroom (20m wiring is free, thereafter, you pay the difference in the length).
    2. buy power line home plug and hook the ONT/MIO box to it
    3. rewire the telephone line to a data on at the JB/DB.

Your choice really...good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dell1000 View Post
    I am not sure what to do next, since only the management office told me that LTA reject the main gate, I don't have any black and white.

But I think we need to push them to build a main gate since it is very important, else our swimming pool and play ground will be used as a open facility.

below is the full letter
    "
    Fax :

We wish to clarify that we do not regulate the building main gate provision/ gate design to any development. You may obtain more information from your developer and their consultant.
    Yours sincerely

Lee Chor Teck
    Roads & Transportation

"
    Can you forward the reply to hoi hup?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Woo View Post
    If you need MIO TV in your master bedroom as well, you will have 3 options
    1. approach Sngtel to wire another data line to your bedroom (20m wiring is free, thereafter, you pay the difference in the length).
    2. buy power line home plug and hook the ONT/MIO box to it
    3. rewire the telephone line to a data on at the JB/DB.

Your choice really...good luck.
    Ok. Thanks for the advice. Will go check them out.

Can you forward the reply to hoi hup?
    But now the problem is HH never reply the email why there is no main gate in VE, the "LTA reject the plan" is from management office, they only told me without any document.

What? Let's get our lawyers to whack Hoi Hup!
    From what I heard, it got nothing to go with LTA or landed property complaints, it's down to the transponder for our cars, it can't detect if vehicles coming from the sides thus they remove the main gate, which is kind of ridiculous as anyone just come in and out of the condo, after observing for half an hour, I realize especially those agents, just smile and wave to the guards and enter the premises, not safe at all.

Divert attention, do all the toilets have the white block to put items or only master bedroom toilet?

Quote Originally Posted by dvldude View Post
    From what I heard, it got nothing to go with LTA or landed property complaints, it's down to the transponder for our cars, it can't detect if vehicles coming from the sides thus they remove the main gate, which is kind of ridiculous as anyone just come in and out of the condo, after observing for half an hour, I realize especially those agents, just smile and wave to the guards and enter the premises, not safe at all.

Divert attention, do all the toilets have the white block to put items or only master bedroom toilet?
    Well, at least it's good to have an official reply from hoi hup.

yes, even i just drove n rode in w/o even looking at the guards.

white block to put things only in master toilet for my B4

Just went to singtel shop. The staff told me to check whether there is a distribution board in the DB box and whether all the points in the apartment are data points.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou View Post
    my bathroom is without that white solid shelf ...
    Both the bathroom or?

Just went to singtel shop. The staff told me to check whether there is a distribution board in the DB box and whether all the points in the apartment are data points.
    the answer is no and no.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoren View Post
    I disagree. It is a problem because Jason wants to install mio TV boxes in both living room and master bedroom.

There is no issue with the 1st mio TV box in the living room but to install a 2nd mio TV box in master bedroom, it will be a major project to do concealed wiring tapping from living room across passageway, 3rd bedroom, 2nd bedroom before arriving at master bedroom. That would easily cost a 4 digit figure. If non-concealed, then would be cheaper.

mio TV Box doesn't have WIFI capability to connect to the modem.
    I have a solution/idea:
    1. get the 2nd TV box - I don't know how but maybe buy from Singtel?
    2. in your mio modem, configure VLAN 20 to another Ethernet port
    3. from this port, connect a Cat5e cable to a Homeplug
    4. use another homeplug in master room, pair them.
    5. from this homeplug, connect a Cat5e cable to TV box
    6. connect your TV to TV box.
    It just an idea, not proved to work.

Singtel also provide another solution:
    http://techsupport.singnet.com.sg/overview

Stupid contractor created stupid problem which requires a stupid solution.

Ask the three guards to rotate shift to guard the main gate by one guard sitting in the middle of the road to force drivers to stop.

Cars I am not so worried because we have the automatic barriers.

Public I am worried because they can literally walk past the guards and into the condominium.

Quote Originally Posted by dell1000 View Post

below is the full letter
    "
    Fax :

Yours sincerely

Lee Chor Teck
    Roads & Transportation

"
    Little Mikah - a great place to shop for your little one.
    www.facebook.com/LittleMikahShop

for mine, only 1 white block in mbr shower cubicle. none in the common toilet.

Default Main gate

Why can't we write a petition to HH with all our concerns and cc lta.. Let the 2 fight and we wait and see. Best cc our mp in our estate..

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    the answer is no and no.
    Huh? So all the points I see in the living room and bed rooms are not data points?

Quote Originally Posted by canggl View Post
    Why can't we write a petition to HH with all our concerns and cc lta.. Let the 2 fight and we wait and see. Best cc our mp in our estate..
    I can help to highlight to MP. So we need the petition first.

I can help to highlight to MP. So we need the petition first.
    I do not think it will be productive to involve an MP and LTA has already stated they are not involved. Looks like its between owners and HH.

Today the guards sit outside. When it starts raining ......

I don't think it has to do with the transponder too as alluded to by a former earlier. We just need a barrier at the entrance and the current barrier system inside the car park should still stay though it will be better to locate it at the car park entrance below the V@E sign.

If the ingress and egress barriers are fitted close enough, it will also prevent people from walking in away from the guardroom.

Anyone knows who/how to contact HH about this? I don't know how this works but can we not accept the completion of the development (until the security matter is satisfactorily resolved)?

Quote Originally Posted by V@Eowner View Post
    I do not think it will be productive to involve an MP and LTA has already stated they are not involved. Looks like its between owners and HH.

Today the guards sit outside. When it starts raining ......

I don't think it has to do with the transponder too as alluded to by a former earlier. We just need a barrier at the entrance and the current barrier system inside the car park should still stay though it will be better to locate it at the car park entrance below the V@E sign.

If the ingress and egress barriers are fitted close enough, it will also prevent people from walking in away from the guardroom.

Anyone knows who/how to contact HH about this? I don't know how this works but can we not accept the completion of the development (until the security matter is satisfactorily resolved)?
    I had highlighted to my lawyers who handled the purchase but they had not gotten back to us also. Take our money and run liao.

May I know in the kitchen, who has listed the space (sides stuffed with plywood leaving a huge space for insects in the middle) under the oven as a defect and have got it rectified?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by V@Eowner View Post
    If you can provide a link to the pic, I can help you insert here.
    Thank you for your kindness. let me try one more time.
    Is below considered a defect?

I think it's not a defect. the hole on the sliding rail is to drain water, so the outside tile has to be like that for water flow.

Quote Originally Posted by blade_kap View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cvincent View Post
    May I know in the kitchen, who has listed the space (sides stuffed with plywood leaving a huge space for insects in the middle) under the oven as a defect and have got it rectified?

Thanks!
    Its the final defect that was rectified on 4th March for me. But they did not do a good job. In the end, I bought my own and DIY to touch up the remaining loss ends because if I wait for them, it will delay my renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by blade_kap View Post
    If you are referring to the water outlet, it's not! However, the workmanship on the left side edge between the vertical and horizontal threads is definitely not acceptable and has to be reworked. Definitely a defect!

Quote Originally Posted by chaoren View Post
    Its the final defect that was rectified on 4th March for me. But they did not do a good job. In the end, I bought my own and DIY to touch up the remaining loss ends because if I wait for them, it will delay my renovation.
    thanks superman. will go remind them again i want it covered properly. and for e balcony tiles pic near e water outlet posted above i also listed the poor finishing as a defect. wanna close one eye but insects will make their home beneath e oven for sure. totally un acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    I think it's not a defect. the hole on the sliding rail is to drain water, so the outside tile has to be like that for water flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Woo View Post
    If you are referring to the water outlet, it's not! However, the workmanship on the left side edge between the vertical and horizontal threads is definitely not acceptable and has to be reworked. Definitely a defect!
    Thank you both! Looking forward to meeting your guys around.

We visited our unit today. Had the joint defect inspection exactly 2 weeks ago. Only very few minor things done so far.

We arrived in the morning and were a bit shocked to find our door closed and unlocked! But shortly after, one of the (managers?) from the building office (malaysian chinese I think) who assisted in our joint inspection came by and said don't worry his workers are in and out today. hmm..

Any way, we inquired about the tiles (we have one of the lucky units where the color of some of the tiles DON'T match the others!)

We told him we just want it all replaced. He said, no, they can't do that, but the tile guys are coming on Tuesday, and what they'll do is put on a new sealant (i think), and repolish, and that will fix the color issue (along with the other blemishes). He said it worked well for other units.

I am skeptical. Anyone else have experience here?

a unit on my floor had all their tiles hacked n replaced

Quote Originally Posted by cdrum View Post
    We visited our unit today. Had the joint defect inspection exactly 2 weeks ago. Only very few minor things done so far.

We arrived in the morning and were a bit shocked to find our door closed and unlocked! But shortly after, one of the (managers?) from the building office (malaysian chinese I think) who assisted in our joint inspection came by and said don't worry his workers are in and out today. hmm..

Any way, we inquired about the tiles (we have one of the lucky units where the color of some of the tiles DON'T match the others!)

We told him we just want it all replaced. He said, no, they can't do that, but the tile guys are coming on Tuesday, and what they'll do is put on a new sealant (i think), and repolish, and that will fix the color issue (along with the other blemishes). He said it worked well for other units.

I am skeptical. Anyone else have experience here?
    i am lucky to have only a tile w a couple blue stains and they say they will not replace the tile but will rectify w chemical. a fren in tile biz told me this is possible but will take hrs to lighten the stains only. my reno contractor told me dat replacing e tile will take only 2 hrs but then cannot guarantee same tone

Quote Originally Posted by kelxz View Post
    a unit on my floor had all their tiles hacked n replaced
    this is probably the best solution maybe but will take more time. so depends on what you want and what you can live with