Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 384348535863646566676869707172737883 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2496

Thread: Vacanza @ East

Quote Originally Posted by chaoren View Post
    mio TV set box doesn't have WIFI capability. You have to wire it to the modem/router. So still must do concealed wire from 2nd bedroom (computer room) to master bedroom (TV room).
    Get Singtel to provide you a WiFi Modem since you are into MIO TV!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylbt View Post
    I tot MioTV is useless? the channels are....
    I did consider MyRepublic's 1 Gbps plan ($49.99 / month) but felt its not suitable because their digital line can not port over. So retaining digital line from singtel cost about $10 per month. Plus you got to pay for the router $170 + installation fee $58.

In Singtel's 200 mbps entertainment plan, if your family has 4 SingTel lines, all of them get to enjoy 25% discount off monthly subscriptions plus free annual handset upgrade for the main line. I also can retain my home digital line. They also give free wireless WIFI modem and free installation (if you sign up during IT Show period).

So if I don't want mio TV, I will still pay the same amount monthly.

As I said, Mio TV doesn't have WIFI, you need to insert a cable from it directly into the WiFi Modem. Singtel can provide the this wiring from modem to mio TV box but it will be non-concealed.

It will look ugly with non-concealed so let the electrician to do the concealed wiring first so later no need to worry about seeing exposed wiring all over the place.

My personal experience with WiFi and concrete walls is pretty poor, which is why I prefer Ethernet over Powerline. My 2 cents ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by cdrum View Post
    My personal experience with WiFi and concrete walls is pretty poor, which is why I prefer Ethernet over Powerline. My 2 cents ;-)
    You wouldn't get the maximum speed with Ethernet over powerline, it is similar to WiFi, only extends the area of coverage. Wired connection is always the best.

Quote Originally Posted by stayer View Post
    Hi guys,
    i understand from my electrician, it seems that the telephone line is cat 5 or 6.
    which means you need to convert your telephone port socket to RJ45(lan port) and thats all..
    i am going by this means, but have not done it yet..
    just to share this alternative as hacking/conceal is quite
    1. quite unlikely HH use Cat5e or Cat6 cable for telephone line, as phone line usually use 2 pairs cable and Cat cable is 4 pairs.
    2. all telephone jacket/lines are connected to the telecom JB inside the DB. so even though they are Cat cable, you still have to pull out from telecom JB and make RJ45 connector by yourself, before connect it to a switch/router.

3. recommend to use AZtech Homeplug - so you can transmit MIO TV to another room. a pair costs less than $100.
    it's similar to wire. there is model available for Gbps/fibre.
    Last edited by mshlin; 11-03-14 at 21:37.

Default "additional" water tap at balcony

HH confirmed that the PE certified plumbing drawing (showing a tap at balcony) is a mistake and informed the revised drawing is ready for collection.

"The revised drawing is ready for collection and you may collect it at the Management Office from Monday to Friday from 830am to
    530pm."

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    1. quite unlikely HH use Cat5e or Cat6 cable for telephone line, as phone line usually use 2 pairs cable and Cat cable is 4 pairs.
    2. all telephone jacket/lines are connected to the telecom JB inside the DB. so even though they are Cat cable, you still have to pull out from telecom JB and make RJ45 connector by yourself, before connect it to a switch/router.

3. recommend to use AZtech Homeplug - so you can transmit MIO TV to another room. a pair costs less than $100.
    i know a few new condo nowadays use RJ45 for the TEL line. most likely it will be a cat5e..

For my condo, we were surprised to see developer used cat6 cable for Tel line. so we just need to convert some Tel lines to Lan lines.

HH confirmed that the PE certified plumbing drawing (showing a tap at balcony) is a mistake and informed the revised drawing is ready for collection.

"The revised drawing is ready for collection and you may collect it at the Management Office from Monday to Friday from 830am to
    530pm."
    If you collect it, means you accept their mistake.
    Are you sure you want to let them get away with it?

Otherwise, you can use the evidence you got on hand to discuss with your lawyer about it so HH will spend money to do for their mistake.

I have double checked with my electrician, the existing telephone lines is using CAT 5E. So it will not affect the performance. But if you are going to extend the wiring less than 100metres further, it is recommended to use CAT6E.

I have double checked with my electrician, the existing telephone lines is using CAT 5E. So it will not affect the performance. But if you are going to extend the wiring less than 100metres further, it is recommended to use CAT6E.
    I am getting a bit confused by all the possible methods available. I need both StarHub and Mio tv in both my living room and master bedroom.

At times, you need to give those workers a lashing, so pissed off, imagine my balcony walls that are not painted, so they say will paint it nicely, drop by today and guess what, they simply just paint over without removing the bird droppings.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonetee View Post
    I am getting a bit confused by all the possible methods available. I need both StarHub and Mio tv in both my living room and master bedroom.
    Starhub using SCV point which is available in the living and master bedroom so no problem!
    MIO TV is using ethernet connection from the data rj45 socket data box, again no problem!
    Relax!

Nowadays, new condos come with Telephone and Data line connections using Cat5E and are on RJ45 sockets. Gone were the days of RJ11 socket for telephone connection.
    However, to convert current telephone cat5e to data line, you will need an electrical knowhow to rewire the cables in the Junction or Distribution box in the DB housing. Good luck!
    As MSHLIN suggested, why go thru' all the hassle when you can go the power line home plug way! Easy and cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Woo View Post
    Starhub using SCV point which is available in the living and master bedroom so no problem!
    MIO TV is using ethernet connection from the data rj45 socket data box, again no problem!
    Relax!
    Oh.. so its just the fibre Internet that I should be worry about?

Also no need to worry! As explained in my previous post, you just need to connect the WiFi modem to the data box in your living room, connect your MIO box to it and you are all set to go!

Default is this considered as a defect?

I found that on balconies, outside the door, the left side and right side are both short of one layer, is this considered defect?
    I have attached pic, how do I make it visible?

Also no need to worry! As explained in my previous post, you just need to connect the WiFi modem to the data box in your living room, connect your MIO box to it and you are all set to go!
    I see. I am just concerned on the wifi strength. Later fibre speed becomes adsl speed. Lol!

why my upload pic always fail? want to upload a pic showing the balcony door ceramic tile left side and right side short of one layer. is that considered as a defect? my pic is 500+kb in jepg format. why I cant attach it here?

Quote Originally Posted by blade_kap View Post
    why my upload pic always fail? want to upload a pic showing the balcony door ceramic tile left side and right side short of one layer. is that considered as a defect? my pic is 500+kb in jepg format. why I cant attach it here?
    If you can provide a link to the pic, I can help you insert here.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonetee View Post
    I see. I am just concerned on the wifi strength. Later fibre speed becomes adsl speed. Lol!
    Haha, you worry too much. I m on WiFi and can tell you that it's a okay!

Haha, you worry too much. I m on WiFi and can tell you that it's a okay!
    My master bedroom is quite far from the living room too.

Try it first and if you are not satisfied with the speed, get the power line home plug! No rewiring hassle!

Relax!
    I disagree. It is a problem because Jason wants to install mio TV boxes in both living room and master bedroom.

There is no issue with the 1st mio TV box in the living room but to install a 2nd mio TV box in master bedroom, it will be a major project to do concealed wiring tapping from living room across passageway, 3rd bedroom, 2nd bedroom before arriving at master bedroom. That would easily cost a 4 digit figure. If non-concealed, then would be cheaper.

mio TV Box doesn't have WIFI capability to connect to the modem.

I disagree. It is a problem because Jason wants to install mio TV boxes in both living room and master bedroom.

There is no issue with the 1st mio TV box in the living room but to install a 2nd mio TV box in master bedroom, it will be a major project to do concealed wiring tapping from living room across passageway, 3rd bedroom, 2nd bedroom before arriving at master bedroom. That would easily cost a 4 digit figure. If non-concealed, then would be cheaper.

mio TV Box doesn't have WIFI capability to connect to the modem.
    Oh... Maybe I should go down to the telcos and check with them too.

Default Panel above toilet door in yard

Hi,

Does anyone know if the panel above the folding door of the toilet at the yard is sealed with a glass panel or louvre window? Mine is open, not sealed. Is it a defect? Thanks

Just got reply from LTA about the main gate of vacanza@east:
    (In the first email, I question why LTA reject the vacanza@east main gate design so late , and make the condo without main gate now.(which I heard from VE management office.))

below is the reply from LTA:
    We wish to clarify that we do not regulate the building main gate provision/ gate design to any development. You may obtain more information from your developer and their consultant.

That means the main gate issue is due to developer, but not LTA.

Quote Originally Posted by dell1000 View Post
    (In the first email, I question why LTA reject the vacanza@east main gate design so late , and make the condo without main gate now.(which I heard from VE management office.))

We wish to clarify that we do not regulate the building main gate provision/ gate design to any development. You may obtain more information from your developer and their consultant.

HoiHup is trying to smoke us big time... Many times i can just zoom past the main entrance and into the carpark without being stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Portobello View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know if the panel above the folding door of the toilet at the yard is sealed with a glass panel or louvre window? Mine is open, not sealed. Is it a defect? Thanks
    don't understand your question. can you post a photo here.
    I have no folding door in toilet, or at yard.
    only one 2-piece glass window and only the upper one can be open.

Quote Originally Posted by dell1000 View Post

What? Let's get our lawyers to whack Hoi Hup!

don't understand your question. can you post a photo here.
    I have no folding door in toilet, or at yard.
    only one 2-piece glass window and only the upper one can be open.
    The yard area only has one louver window beside the sliding door. That cannot be closed and it's easily pried opened.