Page 65 of 84 FirstFirst ... 354045505560616263646566676869707580 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2496

Thread: Vacanza @ East

Quote Originally Posted by chaoren View Post
    Dear neighbours,

Mr. Kumar just called me to go down to collect keys today. He said the defects are all rectified.

I asked about the main door. He said the developer does not provide stopper for the main door. I have to D.I.Y if I want. Is this true? Thanks.
    Congratulation! I can foresee rectification in my unit is still slow.

from those discussion, I deduce that you don't need a stop to hold the door but the door closer also acts as stopper to hold the door still if it's open more than certan angle.

You may try it. I will try on this Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    Congratulation! I can foresee rectification in my unit is still slow.

from those discussion, I deduce that you don't need a stop to hold the door but the door closer also acts as stopper to hold the door still if it's open more than certan angle.

You may try it. I will try on this Sat.
    Good on you Chaoren, hope everything has been recitified. May i know when did you submit ur defect list to Kumar? i just wanna get a sense of how long they take for rectification.

Thanks!

NOT TRUE! I happened to visit another unit and tried out their main door. It will hold and stay open once you open it beyond a certain angle. To close it, just give it a tug and it will shut nicely.

So it is a defect and I will be making that clear to them! If they say its not a defect, I will arrange with that unit for a visit to prove their lying .....
    Dear neighbours,

Mr. Kumar just called me to go down to collect keys today. He said the defects are all rectified.

I asked about the main door. He said the developer does not provide stopper for the main door. I have to D.I.Y if I want. Is this true? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cvincent View Post
    Good on you Chaoren, hope everything has been recitified. May i know when did you submit ur defect list to Kumar? i just wanna get a sense of how long they take for rectification.

Thanks!
    Still not everything is rectified.

I submitted on 11 February, 10AM.
    I made on 2nd inspection with Kumar on 24 February.
    Today 4th March is my 3rd inspection with him.

The main door issue has been rectified. Most issued sorted.
    Still there are 4 areas not done.

1. The electrical/water door when opened, will hit my main door frame.
    2. The balconies railings still rusty.
    3. The master bedroom flooring has cement spots.
    4. Main door polishing still not good enough.
    5. I told him about dexterchua88's complain about the railing with spot soldering. He says it is still being looked into.

So I did not take back my keys yet. This is my 3rd round of inspection.

See photo below, I just D.I.Y the head shower in my master bathroom today, bought the parts from Tanjong Katong Complex. Saved some money, the Interior Designer wanted to charge me $200 for installation.
    Last edited by chaoren; 04-03-14 at 19:18.

5. I told him about dexterchua88's complain about the railing with spot soldering. He says it is still being looked into.

See photo below, I just D.I.Y the head shower in my master bathroom today, bought the parts from Tanjong Katong Complex. Saved some money, the Interior Designer wanted to charge me $200 for installation.
    Oic, so around 1 month with several inspections. the more i visit the place, the more defects i find wth $200 for installation
    reno gotta start at least after 1 mth liao

Hello Chaoren, I am being told today that Straits will be getting the test result or approval for the glass panels from the sub-contractor. Once they have the documents, they will release them to homeowners.

hi chaoren
    i though you need to finish the rectification before reno? they okay with the installation?

can you please elaborate how?
    the drawing we received are not original but photocopied.
    Suggest you contact the PE or BCA directly to check if the tap at the balcony should really be there. This is a very unusual project.

Dear neighbours,

hi chaoren. you ask mr kumar to call his guys to adjust the spring hinge on top of the door ledge by using an allan key. it is less than one minute job

Default BCA on building quality

Surf BCA website and found there are lots of information on how to check the quality of marble floor, timber floor, etc. everything.
    https://www.bca.gov.sg/QM/quality.html

If according to those standards, HH cannot pass.

The agreement stipulates that all rectification works must be completed within one month and accepted by the owner, failing which, the latter can engage his/her contractor to complete the rectification and charge the cost to the developer!

surprisingly V@E is also under BCA QM scheme.

Surf BCA website and found there are lots of information on how to check the quality of marble floor, timber floor, etc. everything.
    https://www.bca.gov.sg/QM/quality.html

If according to those standards, HH cannot pass.

my bathroom is without that white solid shelf ...

Dear all,

I have good news to share!
    I just received the latest email update from OpenNet today.

All our buildings Blk 36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50 in Vacanza @ East are now fibre ready.

"Your residential premise is ready for Next Gen NBN services.
    You can now approach a Retail Service Provider (RSP) to subscribe for fibre broadband services. Some of the RSPs include M1, MyRepublic, SingTel, StarHub, SuperInternet and Viewqwest."
    Thanks superman. This is splendid news! I can bring my existing contract over Liao!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by stayer View Post
    hi chaoren
    i though you need to finish the rectification before reno? they okay with the installation?
    My renovation haven't start. It starts this Friday. Already submitted my cheque to Management Office yesterday. So I told Kumar it must finish by Thursday otherwise I will get my Interior Designer to do it on 11 March once the 1 month is due.

I agree HH's floor quality for timber flooring sucks.
    A lot of random white spots and the polishing is so thin. I can still feel the wood particles as I stepped into the master bedroom flooring.

Found a curtain contact online who quoted to do my curtains for 3 bedrooms and a living room for just under $1k.

material used: Suede

Wonder if this price is possible? any comments?

http://redesigncurtain.com.sg/

Chaoren nice shower! Can install for me too?

Quote Originally Posted by Hosay2014 View Post
    Thanks superman. This is splendid news! I can bring my existing contract over Liao!
    Need to make an amendment from my previous post.

OpenNet called me today, and I discovered that our clubhouse is still not fibre ready. I have wrote an open letter via email to OpenNet today as seen below.

Dear OpenNet,

To my understanding, all residents' blocks in Vacanza@East are now fibre-ready.

However, based on my check with your colleague Ain today, she told me that Block 44 Lengkong Tujoh Singapore 417395 (where the Clubhouse is located) is still not fibre-ready because nobody has yet to request OpenNet to activate fibre service for this block.

In the clubhouse, block 44, there are a total of 9 units as follow:

2 Function Rooms (Level 3)
    1 Reading Room (Level 3)
    1 Karaoke Room (Level 2)
    1 Theatre Room (Level 2)
    1 Recreation Room (Level 2)
    1 Gymnasium Room (Level 2)
    1 Commercial Shop (Level 1)
    1 Management Office (Level 1 - #01-41)

So could you kindly escalate on this matter?

I hope it can be fibre-ready by end of March 2014 because I will be using the clubhouse (particularly reading room & gymnasium room) with my guest(s) from April 2014 onwards.

Reason being, based on our sales & purchase agreement with the developer, they are required to provide unrestricted wireless internet connectivity to all residents that are using the clubhouse. But until now, the developer has not delivered this mandatory service to residents although we have started paying for the monthly maintenance fee for at least a month now.

I am unsure if the free wireless broadband access that the developer is providing, will be fibre or regular one, however I do not hope to hear from the developer or management office to give reasons later that OpenNet has not activated fibre service for the block, which causes the delay in them providing wireless to residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosay2014 View Post
    I m having the same b2 unit like yours, i got this fridge over the weekend. Think u can consider as it should fit the space quite nicely.
    http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/pr....aspx?oid=1695

Beautiful fridge! Expo sale $2399.
    I got a quote for fridge that are inclusive of GST.
    Hitachi R-SF45CMS, Size: 650W x 1818H x 648D, Price $2,280/ -
    Hitachi R-SF48CMS, Size: 685W x 1818H x 643D, Price $2,490/ -
    Mitsubishi MR-BX52W, Size: 650W x 1821H x 699D $3,090/ -

I have to choose Hitachi fridge too due to depth constrain.

Are you ground floor or higher?

Its definitely a mistake in the drawing for yours.

Type C2 really do not have tap in the balcony I can confirm this because I just checked mind but there is no tap in the balcony.

It is impossible for some type C2 units to have tap in the balcony while others do not have it.

Looks like there are at least 2 stacks in block 40 & 46 having the same mistake. But please do update if they do install the tap in the balcony for you.

By the way, try visiting block 42, their entrance gate is so poorly designed.
    I walked over to Blk 42 to see the wrought iron grille of #01-22. I tried to scan my access card but can not open (looks like we can not enter other blocks). However I notice one can simply stretch his/her arms in to press the button on the wall inside to open the entrance gate.
    My unit is type C2 as well, I do not have tap at the balcony

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylbt View Post
    Hi all, anyone doing laundry system in the backyard?

I'm wondering if we can install a laundry system on the ceiling above the air con ledge for type C3?
    From what i know, need to apply and see if approved, but I see some units already done it, can check out Ezzi Living Clotheslines

Did you guys check the sliding doors where the locks are? Mine have exposed screws. But you can see each screw is in a depression and there are two guide holes. These should be covered up by some sort of plastic covers. The exposed screws are ugly ... and will be uglier when they start to rust.

Quote Originally Posted by dvldude View Post
    From what i know, need to apply and see if approved, but I see some units already done it, can check out Ezzi Living Clotheslines
    I've asked Hoi Hup. They replied saying can only install in service yard area and not above the air con ledge. What's the difference if i install above the air con ledge?

Default Curtains

Anyone have good company to recommend for curtains? and roughly the cost if you have done yours. Greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kelxz View Post
    Chaoren nice shower! Can install for me too?
    Install for me too! 50 bucks installation fee!

Angry

Hello future neighbours, I am new to this thread, from blk 38. I submitted my defect list on 27 Feb. I tried to schedule an inspection for progress but was told by Kumar he will call me when most defects are rectified. Wonder how long he will take as I am rushing to move in by May as my baby is due.

I also read that the main door actually can be stopped. I didn't raise it as a defect as during key collection, the lady from HH told me that due to fire proof door, they are not allowed to install door stopping mechanism!

Anyone else has issue on differing marble flooring tiles? I have a row of about 4 tiles that are of an obviously darker shade. Wonder if anyone had it rectified and whether it affected the other tiles. I was advised by ID to leave it as such as rectifying it might affect other tiles.

Wonder how I can chase and follow up closely to ensure defects are rectified well on time.

Same block but I submitted mine on the 21st feb and to date, nothing done!

I will be heading there tomorrow to confront Kumar and give him a piece of mind and warn him that he has only a month to complete otherwise I will engage outside contractors to do the job and charge it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by hazellimhj View Post
    Hello future neighbours, I am new to this thread, from blk 38. I submitted my defect list on 27 Feb. I tried to schedule an inspection for progress but was told by Kumar he will call me when most defects are rectified. Wonder how long he will take as I am rushing to move in by May as my baby is due.

I also read that the main door actually can be stopped. I didn't raise it as a defect as during key collection, the lady from HH told me that due to fire proof door, they are not allowed to install door stopping mechanism!

Anyone else has issue on differing marble flooring tiles? I have a row of about 4 tiles that are of an obviously darker shade. Wonder if anyone had it rectified and whether it affected the other tiles. I was advised by ID to leave it as such as rectifying it might affect other tiles.

Wonder how I can chase and follow up closely to ensure defects are rectified well on time.
    I have not submitted my list so can't help you much. But the main door can definitely be stopped. I've seen another unit with that feature. Actually, a few posts back there was someone who had the door with the same problem rectified. and another post saying its just a one minute job with an allen key.

My living room tiles are superb. No problems there.

And congratulations in advance on the birth of your child. I think your new home should be ready when he/she arrives in May

Congratulations!

It will likely take 4 weeks. Like Chaoren, I have submitted my list on 11/2 and another list 2 weeks later. I was at unit earlier today as there's a delivery to be made and happened to meet rep from Straits. Finally more than 90% rectified... a few smaller items are not fixed yet as the items they ordered have not arrived. He assured me that they will be fixed eventually and wanted me to sign form and take back key. I politely told them I will feel better when everything is done as, to me (call me kiasi), signing the form means I agree 100% been done.

My renovation starts tomorrow. Trying to move in before Qingming...

Re flooring issue, they will not change it. I have real ugly timber strips for my master bedroom which looks like chemical stains but they told me they are natural wood grain. Apparently, they have a letter to confirm it. I suspect the same may apply for the marble flooring.

Quote Originally Posted by hazellimhj View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    I got a quote for fridge that are inclusive of GST.
    Hitachi R-SF45CMS, Size: 650W x 1818H x 648D, Price $2,280/ -
    Hitachi R-SF48CMS, Size: 685W x 1818H x 643D, Price $2,490/ -
    Mitsubishi MR-BX52W, Size: 650W x 1821H x 699D $3,090/ -

I have to choose Hitachi fridge too due to depth constrain.
    Your prices are cheaper, where did you find these? Got picture?

I bought mine from audio house who promises cheapest price, else refund the difference!