Page 64 of 84 FirstFirst ... 343944495459606162636465666768697479 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2496

Thread: Vacanza @ East

Quote Originally Posted by dydxdydx View Post
    I don't have any tap in the balconies. Its not found on the detailed floor plans provided during key collection too. Mine is Type C3.
    Same here. Block 40 type C3 - no tap on balcony in real life or in the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven005 View Post
    Yup. There is a water tap on top of the drain hole at the balcony outside living room.
    It seems most house don't have water tap at the balcony, can you show a picture ?

Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Inclusive of curtain track? Is it blackout? How much will it cost if include day curtain too?

Recently, Francis's supplier quoted to him is around $65/m2 for day and night.

I am thinking to install night curtain for bedrooms and day & night curtain for living room.
    My one is 32/m for the night curtain, and 22/m for the veil, and 15/m for the track, including installation.
    so total is (32+22+15*2)/meter, is that usual price ?

Tap at balcony is for penthouse only

Quote Originally Posted by Hosay2014 View Post
    Maybe we have to fund it via mcst fund in the future. It will be real convinence for all resident and indirectly increase the value of our property!
    Once this overhead bridge is constructed , we are direct assessibility to bedok reservoir market, hawker and giant!
    Yes, a back door and path to the overhead bridge is very important for us, since there are several food courts and future MRT station.
    I am not sure how much for the path and door, but based on my understanding, it should not be a big sum for one unit, let me guess, 200/unit, total 200*473 is around 100K, enough?
    I think we cannot count on HH for the back door and path since it seems they don't care about their reputation.

by the way, how to contact LTA? from official email ? because VE officer told me that the main gate issue is due to LTA reject the HH main gate design. but I still doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoren View Post
    I don't have water tap in my balconies too.

What drawing are you referring to? You mean floor plan? Got photo?

If there is, I must inform Kumar tomorrow!

See the drawing.

Think all ground floor units have it too. Mine certainly has it!

Quote Originally Posted by dell1000 View Post
    My one is 32/m for the night curtain, and 22/m for the veil, and 15/m for the track, including installation.
    so total is (32+22+15*2)/meter, is that usual price ?
    very hard to compare the price like apple to apple, as the curtain price could vary from $10+ to $60+, depending on material, thickness, country, etc.
    also the height matters.

To all ground floor owners here, good news. I just got introduction to Johor based Star Point Curtain & Furnishing. The boss John Yong is running around Singapore with a tape and samples. Below is what he quoted me..
    1. 2 bedrooms and living room, supply and install, double powder coated white tracks. Day and night dim out curtain (Accorda collection), plain colours only - total cost is $962.00 (2 weeks lead time)
    2. 2 bedrooms curtain (above materials) and living room with roller black out blinds - total cost is $1050.00 (2 weeks lead time)
    Forget about my previous recommendation. This is it.
    He can be contacted at 93365052. He is a busy guy so make the appointment and stick to it. You can mention my name as a referral.

Those on the higher floors, due to lower ceiling height, the cost will be cheaper than those on the ground floors.

Default Window and Balcony grills.

Hi,

Just to check with you all. Do anyone of you do your window and Balcony grills? Any pics and whats the cost. Can share? THanks a lot.

Default Opennet cabling

the opennet cabling/ trunking need to take place after the defect but b4 the painting and carpentry works on shoerack n tv console rite else b big job

just came to mind....

anyone knows if the approved design for the window grilles apply for balcony as well? Any favorable quotes so far for C3 type of unit?

Hi Guys,

I've just done my 2nd joint inspection with Maria for Blk 40. Mine is type C2.
    I told him about the tap at the balcony and showed him the plumbing plan. He then called someone from Straits Construction to look at my unit. He told me it's a "mistake" in the plan to have the tap drawn. Of cos i can't accept this kinda reasoning and told him to sort out with developer.

I will die die want my tap in the balcony. Please refer to your plumbing plan.

Please reflect this to your inspection officer. Type C1 should have the tap too.

On a separate issue with regards to renovation, is it really compulsory for us to take up an insurance coverage of $1million??

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Woo View Post
    To all ground floor owners here, good news. I just got introduction to Johor based Star Point Curtain & Furnishing. The boss John Yong is running around Singapore with a tape and samples. Below is what he quoted me..
    1. 2 bedrooms and living room, supply and install, double powder coated white tracks. Day and night dim out curtain (Accorda collection), plain colours only - total cost is $962.00 (2 weeks lead time)
    2. 2 bedrooms curtain (above materials) and living room with roller black out blinds - total cost is $1050.00 (2 weeks lead time)
    Forget about my previous recommendation. This is it.
    He can be contacted at 93365052. He is a busy guy so make the appointment and stick to it. You can mention my name as a referral.

Those on the higher floors, due to lower ceiling height, the cost will be cheaper than those on the ground floors.
    Hi Francis,
    I would like to clarify with you before I contact him directly.

What I understand is he quoted 2 options.
    Option 1) $962 for day & night curtain, double track, and installation to 2 bedrooms, & living room due to low ceiling height.
    Option 2) $1050 for day & night curtain, double track, and installation to 2 bedrooms, and roller blind to living room.

Appreciate for your reply, and sharing info to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ct View Post
    the opennet cabling/ trunking need to take place after the defect but b4 the painting and carpentry works on shoerack n tv console rite else b big job
    What do you mean? The OpenNet FTP box is already in the DB box, yah? What other cabling is needed? Thanks

Mine is the ground floor (no windows, just sliding doors) and the living and both bedrooms are of the same height at 10 feet. The differences are in the width of the curtains. If you live on the higher floors your windows and living room heights will be different and should be getting a lower cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylbt View Post
    Hi Guys,

I told him about the tap at the balcony and showed him the plumbing plan. He then called someone from Straits Construction to look at my unit. He told me it's a "mistake" in the plan to have the tap drawn. Of cos i can't accept this kinda reasoning and told him to sort out with developer.

Please reflect this to your inspection officer. Type C1 should have the tap too.

On a separate issue with regards to renovation, is it really compulsory for us to take up an insurance coverage of $1million??
    mine is C1. The plumbing drawing is certified by a PE, and issued to owner already. how can he or HH let such mistake happen? if we sue HH, we sure win, right?

as for the deposit maybe it's reasonable if you do a big renovation.
    but for me, I just buy furniture/appliance from different shops, so I think it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,

Just to check with you all. Do anyone of you do your window and Balcony grills? Any pics and whats the cost. Can share? THanks a lot.
    Hi,
    For balcony, i understand invisible grill is approved by the management(only vertical ones; the supplier mentioned horizontal ones is rejected..)

for me, i use invisible grills for both balcony, and normal grills(iron type) for both my rooms.

since only 2 company in Singapore have invisible grills, i use CAS, (Lynda; 90077274). damage is around 2K for 2 balcony
    For the normal grills, you can check with post done few page earlier.. as there is quite a bit of discussion on this.

However, i have not installed the grills yet, so cannot speak on the workmanship, but judging by the discussion with the sales, she seems quite experience in the field.
    pls note I'm not related nor have any incentive to the sales.

Folks,

Need to verify if these are defects:

- main entrance door operates by hydraulic. Is yours able to remain 'locked' fully opened and you simply pull it to close? Mine will not remain 'locked' in fully opened position.

- bedroom doors have horizontal grooves but without any metallic inserts (like the main entrance door). Is this a defect as well?

- balcony and shower stall drain holes do not have the white water trap inside - just the flip open metallic piece. Is this normal or a defect?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by V@Eowner View Post
    Folks,

Need to verify if these are defects:

- main entrance door operates by hydraulic. Is yours able to remain 'locked' fully opened and you simply pull it to close? Mine will not remain 'locked' in fully opened position.

- bedroom doors have horizontal grooves but without any metallic inserts (like the main entrance door). Is this a defect as well?

- balcony and shower stall drain holes do not have the white water trap inside - just the flip open metallic piece. Is this normal or a defect?

Thank you!
    The main door can kept open with some nudge. If yours can't, you can list it as a defect. They can resolve this quite easily.

I have checked for the other 2 items (metallic strip inserts on indoor doors and white water traps for shower stalls and balconies) with Kumar during my defect inspection. He mentioned that these are not provided for.

Please also check for provision of solid top ledge (to place shampoo or shower gel bottles) at the shower area. My unit has one provided only at the common toilet, but not at the bedroom toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by 1969Mani View Post
    The main door can kept open with some nudge. If yours can't, you can list it as a defect. They can resolve this quite easily.

I have checked for the other 2 items (metallic strip inserts on indoor doors and white water traps for shower stalls and balconies) with Kumar during my defect inspection. He mentioned that these are not provided for.

Please also check for provision of solid top ledge (to place shampoo or shower gel bottles) at the shower area. My unit has one provided only at the common toilet, but not at the bedroom toilets.
    Thanks! That super heavy main door that refuses to stay open is a major problem for me. Got it down as a defect!
    All toilets have the solid surface shelf. Thanks for the reminder.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cdrum View Post
    What do you mean? The OpenNet FTP box is already in the DB box, yah? What other cabling is needed? Thanks
    There are no data points in the bedrooms. So if your desktop is in the bedroom, you can only be connected wireless whereby the connectivity will be slower. I'm going to get contractors down to install 1 in each bedroom this week.

I faced same problem with V@Eowner. The main door can not remain opened. Glad someone highlighted it, I am going to list it as a new defect found too.

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    mine is C1. The plumbing drawing is certified by a PE, and issued to owner already. how can he or HH let such mistake happen? if we sue HH, we sure win, right?

as for the deposit maybe it's reasonable if you do a big renovation.
    but for me, I just buy furniture/appliance from different shops, so I think it's funny.
    My take is if Straits Construction don't make good of the tap in the balcony, I'll ask my ID/contractor to do it and claim from developer.

It's gg to be quite a major work as it involves hacking the whole false ceiling from the passageway to the living room to the balcony to install the water pipe and the tap.

Straits is gg to spend a bomb if all owners claim this as defect.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylbt View Post
    Hi Guys,

Are you ground floor or higher?

Its definitely a mistake in the drawing for yours.

Type C2 really do not have tap in the balcony I can confirm this because I just checked mind but there is no tap in the balcony.

It is impossible for some type C2 units to have tap in the balcony while others do not have it.

Looks like there are at least 2 stacks in block 40 & 46 having the same mistake. But please do update if they do install the tap in the balcony for you.

By the way, try visiting block 42, their entrance gate is so poorly designed.
    I walked over to Blk 42 to see the wrought iron grille of #01-22. I tried to scan my access card but can not open (looks like we can not enter other blocks). However I notice one can simply stretch his/her arms in to press the button on the wall inside to open the entrance gate.

Talking

Dear all,

I have good news to share!
    I just received the latest email update from OpenNet today.

All our buildings Blk 36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50 in Vacanza @ East are now fibre ready.

"Your residential premise is ready for Next Gen NBN services.
    You can now approach a Retail Service Provider (RSP) to subscribe for fibre broadband services. Some of the RSPs include M1, MyRepublic, SingTel, StarHub, SuperInternet and Viewqwest."

Are you ground floor or higher?

Its definitely a mistake in the drawing for yours.

Type C2 really do not have tap in the balcony I can confirm this because I just checked mind but there is no tap in the balcony.

It is impossible for some type C2 units to have tap in the balcony while others do not have it.

Looks like there are at least 2 stacks in block 40 & 46 having the same mistake. But please do update if they do install the tap in the balcony for you.

By the way, try visiting block 42, their entrance gate is so poorly designed.
    I walked over to Blk 42 to see the wrought iron grille of #01-22. I tried to scan my access card but can not open (looks like we can not enter other blocks). However I notice one can simply stretch his/her arms in to press the button on the wall inside to open the entrance gate.
    Did you notice the PE stamp on the pdf file with the tap drawings?

However I notice one can simply stretch his/her arms in to press the button on the wall inside to open the entrance gate.
    LOL. The gates look like those found in prisons. I hope the V@E designer did not do design work for the Prison Service!

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    Did you notice the PE stamp on the pdf file with the tap drawings?
    Yes. PE stamp is there.
    Ying Kee Yeow, 4271

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    Yes. PE stamp is there.
    Ying Kee Yeow, 4271
    Do you want to verify if the project is built according to approved designs by PE or some other non-approved designs?

Cool

There are no data points in the bedrooms. So if your desktop is in the bedroom, you can only be connected wireless whereby the connectivity will be slower. I'm going to get contractors down to install 1 in each bedroom this week.

I faced same problem with V@Eowner. The main door can not remain opened. Glad someone highlighted it, I am going to list it as a new defect found too.
    Dear neighbours,

Mr. Kumar just called me to go down to collect keys today. He said the defects are all rectified.

I asked about the main door. He said the developer does not provide stopper for the main door. I have to D.I.Y if I want. Is this true? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    Do you want to verify if the project is built according to approved designs by PE or some other non-approved designs?
    can you please elaborate how?
    the drawing we received are not original but photocopied.