Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 232833384348495051525354555657586368737883 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2496

Thread: Vacanza @ East

Quote Originally Posted by CKCPA View Post
    Hi,

To help answer some of the earlier queries posted:

1) Pool is not ready to be used
    2) The main pool is only 1.2m deep
    3) Open back door ro PIE - I have asked this before, answer is no

The other questions have been answer and/or I dont know...

I have asked about car park lot for second car and how much to pay for an additional lot. Answer - to be determined later as currently, they have only distributed keys for close to half of the 473 units.

On defects, pls do thorough check and fill up the defects list. I think I have about 50+ defects. Use masking tape to mark defects. Go to B1 BSC to fix appt for site inspection. Only at site inspection will they go through your list and collect it. It takes about 3-4 weeks for the defects to be rectified. I would suggest that those that have collected keys to quickly do this as... the queue will get longer and longer.

Hope the above helps.
    What is the use of submitting defects list early?
    They do not start work based on 1st come 1st served basis.

On 10 February (Monday) afternoon 2pm, I want to submit the defect list, but was told next available appointment is Tuesday morning.

So on 11 February (Tuesday) morning 10:30am joint inspection and submission of defect list and was told they will begin work 2 days later.

However, 4 working days are gone but nothing has not started for my unit. My neighbour submitted 1 day after me, already got their unit repainted.

It's a "heng suay" situation. The guy who did the site inspection told me they advised all tenants 3 - 4 weeks as it's highly dependent on availability of contractors... I have quite major defects at balcony so, I dont mind they take their time to fix it properly for me.

Also, I think many units at Blk 50 got no water.... kek sim...

Quote Originally Posted by chaoren View Post
    What is the use of submitting defects list early?
    They do not start work based on 1st come 1st served basis.

On 10 February (Monday) afternoon 2pm, I want to submit the defect list, but was told next available appointment is Tuesday morning.

So on 11 February (Tuesday) morning 10:30am joint inspection and submission of defect list and was told they will begin work 2 days later.

However, 4 working days are gone but nothing has not started for my unit. My neighbour submitted 1 day after me, already got their unit repainted.

Default Defects

Just got the keys today for my unit Blk 38. Generally ok with the quality of works except for the following:
    a. fridge space - don't know why HH expects owners to make do with small sized fridge
    b. tile works at the balcony area are questionable. Holes meant for draining of water not done properly
    c. gondola bracket support holes/covers are an eyesore

Anyone has pictures of the sliding door to the kitchen in the show flat? I remembered that to be top rail hung only without any guides drilled to the floor at the bottom....and sliding door looks different as well.

Will continue to hunt for defects over the weekend.

Hi Astreal16, which email did you use to request the soft copy?
    I emailed to [email protected] which I saw in one of the posters here but still no reply after one week.

Quote Originally Posted by Astreal16 View Post
    Really? I just emailed them and they sent me the soft copy....

Thanks for trying! Though I think they'll probably judt provide some standard reply
    Maybe should threaten them to say we going to write to the press for them to honor n action what we see is what we get lol

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    Pardon me for a simple question:
    Is the refuse removal fee collected from individual, or for the whole condo and then distributed to individual?
    I just received my SP Services bill dated 13 February 2014.
    They did not charge anything for the refuse removal at all.

The deposit is $250

The deposit is $250
    @chaoren - The deposit is $150 if monthly payment is through GIRO. I'm not sure if we can request refund of $100 if we submit the GIRO form now.

@mshlin - I wrote to [email protected] for a copy of the floor plan. Received the document within a few days.

Hi Mani,

I assume that you bought a penthouse as the gondola bracket support only visible on penthouse balcony. Agree that the brackets are ugly and also potential mozzie breeding area but I guess no choice since it is essential part of building maintenance.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 1969Mani View Post
    Just got the keys today for my unit Blk 38. Generally ok with the quality of works except for the following:
    a. fridge space - don't know why HH expects owners to make do with small sized fridge
    b. tile works at the balcony area are questionable. Holes meant for draining of water not done properly
    c. gondola bracket support holes/covers are an eyesore

Anyone has pictures of the sliding door to the kitchen in the show flat? I remembered that to be top rail hung only without any guides drilled to the floor at the bottom....and sliding door looks different as well.

Will continue to hunt for defects over the weekend.
    Little Mikah - a great place to shop for your little one.
    www.facebook.com/LittleMikahShop

Maybe this first bill is only for the deposit. Any charge for the water or electricity consumed?
    Didn't you notice that the deposit is written on the form?

And there is a $40 for gas turn on fee, and $30 if you want to turn gas off. What kind of logic here? No fee for water and electricity turn on.

The deposit is $250

Maybe this first bill is only for the deposit. Any charge for the water or electricity consumed?

And there is a $40 for gas turn on fee, and $30 if you want to turn gas off. What kind of logic here? No fee for water and electricity turn on.
    Yes there is $1.26 charge for electricity & $1.40 for water plus water conservation tax and GST. I already started using them to test the defects.

I went to City gas to apply for gas but the counter staff told me there is no record of gas supply at the development so i cannot apply

So weird! Then how to use the water heater? Or also electrical water heater in your unit?
    Have you apply to SP Service for water and electricity? You must apply first and get the account number so that you can call city gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou View Post
    I went to City gas to apply for gas but the counter staff told me there is no record of gas supply at the development so i cannot apply

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou View Post
    It's total crap!

I already started using e stove in my unit.

Hi Astreal16, which email did you use to request the soft copy?
    I emailed to [email protected] which I saw in one of the posters here but still no reply after one week.
    Yes, that's the same email add I used too, but that was back in January. I emailed them again in feb with regards to other questions and didn't receive a reply on that since.

I haven't collected my keys but it would be in the starter pack too right? Have u gotten yours?

Why dont you guys consider Whatsapp? You guys can discuss defects privately. Defects are very common for newly built homes.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Well, I will be collecting the key this coming Monday at 4pm. A housing agent friend is coming along to do defects checking and listing at the same time. Hope there are little defects so that rectification work can be done quickly!!

I will post pictures accordingly!

Today I switched on water/electricity/gas in order to test all the appliances. All working except my gas water heater.

Went down to repair hub at b1 and made an appointment to view defects next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Woo View Post
    Well, I will be collecting the key this coming Monday at 4pm. A housing agent friend is coming along to do defects checking and listing at the same time. Hope there are little defects so that rectification work can be done quickly!!

I will post pictures accordingly!
    Little Mikah - a great place to shop for your little one.
    www.facebook.com/LittleMikahShop

Yesterday check the defect, actually not much major issue found, the major one is the balcony wall, dirty and rough. And another point is the balcony glass frame is soldering, looks not so firm.
    Today will double check, anyone will be in vacanza for checking,especially in blk 38, maybe we can share our ideas .

I m from Blk 38 and will only be checking tomorrow around 4 pm. Hope minor defects like you pointed out

Hi, hope someone can enlighten me if i can take the key and don't open the door as i m looking for an auspicious date to "open" the door.

What is the objective of the hh personnel to enter the apt with the owner when we open the door?

Quote Originally Posted by dell1000 View Post
    Yesterday check the defect, actually not much major issue found, the major one is the balcony wall, dirty and rough. And another point is the balcony glass frame is soldering, looks not so firm.
    Today will double check, anyone will be in vacanza for checking,especially in blk 38, maybe we can share our ideas .
    Does your unit interior doors (bedrooms/toilets) have the metal strips just like the main door on the surface?

Just checking because if its just me, then it is considered a defect. If it is same for everyone, means its the design issue.

I have asked my retired parent to help me go down every working day to check on the defects touched up by the contractor's workers. It seems they may not know where's the defect if we have too many defect reports.

I have reported so far 22 defects.

Think standard procedure for the HH rep who will accompany the owner to the home to highlight the items provided!

Actually, consulting the Almanac for auspicious day is for the actual moving in to stay proper!

The metal strip is standard and meant for a division marker between marble/ceramic and the parquet strip floorings. Commonly found in areas between living and bathrooms/bedrooms.

Does your unit interior doors (bedrooms/toilets) have the metal strips just like the main door on the surface?

Just checking because if its just me, then it is considered a defect. If it is same for everyone, means its the design issue.

I have asked my retired parent to help me go down every working day to check on the defects touched up by the contractor's workers. It seems they may not know where's the defect if we have too many defect reports.

draw diagrams, use masking tape, give coordinates if it's tiles (eg if floor tile start counting the upper left corner facing the balcony as 1, 2, 3... then to the next row and so on .. no need to save

Metal strips only found on the main door and not the rest. Is that the same for all?

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie234 View Post
    Metal strips only found on the main door and not the rest. Is that the same for all?
    Then it is a design flaw and can be considered defects if the other areas do not have these matter strips! I wud certainly itemise this under the defect list.
    Last edited by Francis Woo; 16-02-14 at 10:37.

Btw, check your door frame if same defect as mind, they didn't polish the center stretch of door side casing (where the door knot's face plate touches the door casing/frame) whole stretch top of door frame to bottom of door frame.

Btw, check your door frame if same defect as mind, they didn't polish the center stretch of door side casing (where the door knot's face plate touches the door casing/frame) whole stretch top of door frame to bottom of door frame.
    Normally, they will only sand and vanish to matte finish! If it's not, then it's a defect!

Quote Originally Posted by Komo View Post
    draw diagrams, use masking tape, give coordinates if it's tiles (eg if floor tile start counting the upper left corner facing the balcony as 1, 2, 3... then to the next row and so on .. no need to save
    I did. But some places are either too high or too low or well-hidden by other structures/parts, and the workers are too lazy to find where are the masking tapes hidden.

I even wrote on the masking tapes whats the problem and draw arrows.

Example, look underneath your cupboards/cabinets you can see they did not cover up the whole stretch of holes, so in time, the pests and lizards will make their homes and hide in your kitchen. You have to put your whole head leaning against the floor to see it.

I did ask the HH/main contractor rep on the missing metal strips on the interior doors on the day of key collection. They mentioned that such strips are not provided for interior doors. Looks odd without the strips .

The switch near the citygas control panel in the living room
    cannot turn on, is that a common issue? (gas not turn on )