Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 182328333843444546474849505152535863687378 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2496

Thread: Vacanza @ East

Thanks Newbie234. Good luck with your search...

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie234 View Post
    The SP services customer service asked me to be there, the slot allocated to me is between 9am and 10am. Anyway, I plan to be there to check defects, so it's fine. Will update all if physical presence is required.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    The timing seems very ridiculous.
    If the internal is 45min, I prefer to walk to MRT, which takes me 10min. With 45min I even can walk to Bedok.

To improve the frequency during peak hour, 1. add one more shutter bus; or 2. loop back at Kembangan MRT.

Maybe during weekend and PH, the route can be extended to Bedok for shopping.
    I agree with you. We need to increase the number of shuttle buses. Minimally 1 that just loops to and fro kembangan with 15 mins interval and the other can loop to bedok and back via kembangan stop with the 45 min interval. This would at least filter off some of the kembangan crowd from the bedok shuttle. A 24 seater bus at 45 mins interval servicing over 400 units during peak hour seems ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Astreal16 View Post
    I agree with you. We need to increase the number of shuttle buses. Minimally 1 that just loops to and fro kembangan with 15 mins interval and the other can loop to bedok and back via kembangan stop with the 45 min interval. This would at least filter off some of the kembangan crowd from the bedok shuttle. A 24 seater bus at 45 mins interval servicing over 400 units during peak hour seems ridiculous.
    At first I agree. The frequency is pretty lousy. But, if we would request of additional buses or other changes that would cost money, we can all be sure the additional cost would _not_ be borne by HH. It would come out of our management fees. Or worse, per ride fees.

That said, some random thoughts on this...

- I wonder how much the bus will be used? (I haven't lived in a condo yet, so I don't have specific experience with using a Condo's shuttle bus) But those of you who have lived in condos before, are they utilized quite a bit?

- How many of us 473 units have cars and will use the cars as opposed to the buses? The use of cars would reduce the effective population relying on the bus.

- The public SBS bus is very close and has a frequency of 20 minutes (as another poster has mentioned). Franky, IMO, paying the small fee to use the public bus isn't a deal breaker if it's convenient. If we find that we need to wait 30 minutes for the Vacanza bus when the SBS bus is coming in 5 minutes (check Iris), I don't see us being too against the idea of taking the SBS bus every now and then.

- Would we be happy cutting one of the MRT stops? I think that would be the only logical way to increase the frequency without paying extra $$ to add a second bus. And frankly, removing Bedok would allow for the most frequent schedule for us, which I think is what we're wanting especially during peak times, right? Just to cart our lazy butts to the train? ;-) And hopefully by making this change we wouldn't have to fork out more money for additional fuel needs since the bus would only go from point A to B to A, and no point C anymore.

- I wonder if the last bus from Kembangan at 8 will be sufficient. Seems a bit early to me... But, extending the hours would increase cost as it would increase the driver's shift (or even require adding another shift altogether). Are we willing to have some of our management fee go to this additional cost? (Remember, the developer won't pay!)

I think we'll need to see how it goes over the next couple of months. Perhaps management and/or HH would be open to adjusting the routing to allow for an increased frequency without requiring additional funds (i.e. remove Bedok). Anything else is just fantasy I think.

Must have lah, but maybe at our own cost (management fund).
    My friend lives in a condo, where they can book the facilities online.
    the current management team seems still live in 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylbt View Post
    Wonder if we will have a website like lilydale to book facilities instead of writing forms?

http://www.lilydale.com.sg/about_us_pub.php

i had asked if theres a online website and they said maybe a year later when we have own management team.. so basically is No they dun provide such service

Default Open Electricity & Water, then Gas

Please go to the webpage for details.
    http://www.singaporepower.com.sg/irj...Our%20Services

Quote Originally Posted by cdrum View Post
    At first I agree. The frequency is pretty lousy. But, if we would request of additional buses or other changes that would cost money, we can all be sure the additional cost would _not_ be borne by HH. It would come out of our management fees. Or worse, per ride fees.

That said, some random thoughts on this...

- I wonder how much the bus will be used? (I haven't lived in a condo yet, so I don't have specific experience with using a Condo's shuttle bus) But those of you who have lived in condos before, are they utilized quite a bit?

- How many of us 473 units have cars and will use the cars as opposed to the buses? The use of cars would reduce the effective population relying on the bus.

- The public SBS bus is very close and has a frequency of 20 minutes (as another poster has mentioned). Franky, IMO, paying the small fee to use the public bus isn't a deal breaker if it's convenient. If we find that we need to wait 30 minutes for the Vacanza bus when the SBS bus is coming in 5 minutes (check Iris), I don't see us being too against the idea of taking the SBS bus every now and then.

- Would we be happy cutting one of the MRT stops? I think that would be the only logical way to increase the frequency without paying extra $$ to add a second bus. And frankly, removing Bedok would allow for the most frequent schedule for us, which I think is what we're wanting especially during peak times, right? Just to cart our lazy butts to the train? ;-) And hopefully by making this change we wouldn't have to fork out more money for additional fuel needs since the bus would only go from point A to B to A, and no point C anymore.

- I wonder if the last bus from Kembangan at 8 will be sufficient. Seems a bit early to me... But, extending the hours would increase cost as it would increase the driver's shift (or even require adding another shift altogether). Are we willing to have some of our management fee go to this additional cost? (Remember, the developer won't pay!)

I think we'll need to see how it goes over the next couple of months. Perhaps management and/or HH would be open to adjusting the routing to allow for an increased frequency without requiring additional funds (i.e. remove Bedok). Anything else is just fantasy I think.
    cdrum made some good points. I am quite sure that HH is not going to sponsor another bus or even extending beyond current bus-timings; this is sunken cost to them.

I believed that the developer will leave it to the management to manage this, since they are hired to manage the condo. Just like when I asked how can 6 visitor lots serve 473 units? Instead of the developer, it was the management that told me that they will get a sense of number of units owning a car before opening a sector for visitors. More importantly is what the residents as a whole wants before we pitch this to them. For weekdays, I thought in general most would prefer Kembangan as they would rush for work while a group would probably raise their arms for a bus ride to Bedok for shopping during weekends.

PS: Its great to see warm smiles around, Happy Lunar New Year all...

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    Please go to the webpage for details.
    http://www.singaporepower.com.sg/irj...Our%20Services
    Instead of web application and wait for them to call, I did it over the phone and made an appointment for two days later. You would need to be there as you would need to sign a document and submit a copy of your ID. Its pretty fast as the SP technician is virtually around the area or condo.

Quote Originally Posted by dell1000 View Post
    Thanks very much, It is quite detailed.
    Should look out for chipped corners.. I have a handful of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Neekon View Post
    For weekdays, I thought in general most would prefer Kembangan as they would rush for work while a group would probably raise their arms for a bus ride to Bedok for shopping during weekends.
    That's not a bad idea. Weekdays let's focus on getting people to the train quickly (kembangan) and weekends can focus on shopping (Bedok). Certainly something to bring up in a year's time at the first resident's monthly meetings! (unless management would be willing to take this up sooner)

Residence of Blk 36 and Blk 38 do not have direct link to basement carpark. Worse still, walkway to carpark is not even covered - even hdb has covered walkway

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Neekon View Post
    cdrum made some good points. I am quite sure that HH is not going to sponsor another bus or even extending beyond current bus-timings; this is sunken cost to them.

I believed that the developer will leave it to the management to manage this, since they are hired to manage the condo. Just like when I asked how can 6 visitor lots serve 473 units? Instead of the developer, it was the management that told me that they will get a sense of number of units owning a car before opening a sector for visitors. More importantly is what the residents as a whole wants before we pitch this to them. For weekdays, I thought in general most would prefer Kembangan as they would rush for work while a group would probably raise their arms for a bus ride to Bedok for shopping during weekends.

PS: Its great to see warm smiles around, Happy Lunar New Year all...
    Actually what attracted me to buy a unit here is partially because it provides free shuttle bus to Bedok MRT not Kembangan MRT and the idea of 365 days of resort living.

I don't see shuttle bus to Kembangan MRT more important than Bedok MRT since SBS Bus 42 is already running every 15 to 30 minutes or u can even walk there using short-cuts in just 10 minutes. Its just duplicating the service to have more buses to Kembangan MRT. Most people do not stop their journey at Kembangan MRT, they still need to tap their ezlink card on another bus or MRT to go else where.

They do not have to pay multiple fares on each bus as using ezlink card, it deduct based on the starting point and ending point of the whole journey instead which means more worth for travelling long distances as long tapping in/out is within 30 minutes from each other.

However for family members who are not working / schooling on certain weekdays or are retired, do also think on their point of view.

If they want to go to Bedok central to have breakfast or lunch or dinner at the hawker centre or shop at wet/supermarket or to see the doctor or do some banking, see how much inconvenient would it be for them if no direct bus to Bedok MRT on a weekday? If everyone waits till Saturday morning before doing their supermarket shopping etc, the bus would be overcrowded too. They also need to pay higher bus fare for short distance and much more time will be wasted on travelling if no direct bus to Bedok MRT.
    Last edited by chaoren; 04-02-14 at 22:55.

i always regards the shuttle bus as a value added service... it is not really there to cater for the daily commuting of the resident.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chaoren View Post
    Actually what attracted me to buy a unit here is partially because it provides free shuttle bus to Bedok MRT not Kembangan MRT and the idea of 365 days of resort living.

I don't see shuttle bus to Kembangan MRT more important than Bedok MRT since SBS Bus 42 is already running every 15 to 30 minutes or u can even walk there using short-cuts in just 10 minutes. Its just duplicating the service to have more buses to Kembangan MRT. Most people do not stop their journey at Kembangan MRT, they still need to tap their ezlink card on another bus or MRT to go else where.

They do not have to pay multiple fares on each bus as using ezlink card, it deduct based on the starting point and ending point of the whole journey instead which means more worth for travelling long distances as long tapping in/out is within 30 minutes from each other.

However for family members who are not working / schooling on certain weekdays or are retired, do also think on their point of view.

If they want to go to Bedok central to have breakfast or lunch or dinner at the hawker centre or shop at wet/supermarket or to see the doctor or do some banking, see how much inconvenient would it be for them if no direct bus to Bedok MRT on a weekday? If everyone waits till Saturday morning before doing their supermarket shopping etc, the bus would be overcrowded too. They also need to pay higher bus fare for short distance and much more time will be wasted on travelling if no direct bus to Bedok MRT.
    Pardon my ignorance on public transport fares as I'm not a frequent bus rider. From various posts, it is interesting to see varying perspectives and expectations on the shuttle service. Just like you, personally, I would prefer a ride to Bedok over Kembangan, it's the nearest heartbeat of shopping and food. But maybe not during the rush hour in the morning though. Every options has their pros and cons.. let's hope the residents can come together early to reach a consensus and talk to the management soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Residence of Blk 36 and Blk 38 do not have direct link to basement carpark. Worse still, walkway to carpark is not even covered - even hdb has covered walkway
    Some very serious flaws in design

Default Security system

Anyone thinking of getting a security system installed like from ADT?

Since most of us are new to this area ( I guess), maybe we need some time to be familiar to this area and then make a decision which is the better solution for the shuttle bus.
    For me, bedok is more attractive choice. in consideration of only 24 seats and 45 mins frequency, It may only take few family, I will prefer to walk or by bus 42(rainy day).

One more issue, is it possible to open a back door to PIE ?
    there are some food courts and new MRT station(bedok north in 2017), I think it is better to have a new door.

One more issue, is it possible to open a back door to PIE ?
    there are some food courts and new MRT station(bedok north in 2017), I think it is better to have a new door.
    Hi fellow residents, hope everone had a great CNY this far!!!
    I do agree we will need an additonal rear door nearer to AMD. There is an over head bridge, over the PIE, that links to Bedok Res, and the new MRT station currently under construction.
    Perhaps this additonal rear door can be constructed nearer to the opening of the MRT station in 2017, when we have sufficient funding.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie234 View Post
    I bought my TOP letter as proof to apply for the activation, was at the Sommerset customer center yesterday and managed to confirm appointment on the spot. You can do it online as well but it will take 3 working days to process I think.
    I just applied online last night and just got an email that they have scheduled tomorrow between 12pm to 1pm without asking me my preferred timing for blk 38.

But I will not be there at that hour, I hope they do not need to enter the unit to turn on the electricity and water.

I just applied online last night and just got an email that they have scheduled tomorrow between 12pm to 1pm without asking me my preferred timing for blk 38.

But I will not be there at that hour, I hope they do not need to enter the unit to turn on the electricity and water.
    Hi, chaoren, I am also in blk38, but only can contact admin for key collection after tomorrow. hope can get key by this week.

If you are not there when SP services arrive they will activate water only. Unless they inspect the house they don't start electricity.

Smile

Hi, chaoren, I am also in blk38, but only can contact admin for key collection after tomorrow. hope can get key by this week.
    Hi!

You should have asked your solicitor to request the bank to release payment urgently last week if you wanted to collect your keys this week. I did so right away on 28 January evening and coordinated with all parties (my solicitor, my bank, developer's solicitor & developer) everyday to speed up the process.

According to Elsa Chai, regardless whether we paid by cashier order or cheque, it needs to be cleared by developer's bank before you can collect your keys and minimum 2 working days notice. It is also subjected to available appointment slot.

So it is not possible for you to get your key within this week as developer told that key collections are not available on Saturdays & Sundays.

I am ok with water only to be turned on, on Thursday first so I can check all water pipes are in good condition, the electricity I will get to it on Friday when my handyman can install the light bulbs to test the switches & wires are ok. After that I will revert back to management on Monday morning on the defects to be rectified.

I don't think this will be simple & feasible as I have noticed there is no ROAD (or walk path) between PIE and V@E, leading to the overhead bridge.

You may jump over the short wall/fencing and walk along the PIE/drainage to the bridge, at your own risk (of life).

Quote Originally Posted by teobryan View Post
    Hi fellow residents, hope everone had a great CNY this far!!!
    I do agree we will need an additonal rear door nearer to AMD. There is an over head bridge, over the PIE, that links to Bedok Res, and the new MRT station currently under construction.
    Perhaps this additonal rear door can be constructed nearer to the opening of the MRT station in 2017, when we have sufficient funding.

Collected keys finally. Generally happy with unit. Brightly litted, close but acceptable distance from opposite block. Flooring is fine, exactly the same as what I saw at show flat. Cupboards in bedrooms are acceptable. I don't have problem with chipped corners. Most of the defects are found in the kitchen (finishings really bad and some appliances appear old and faulty) and bathroom - toilet bowl filter and water tap. Yet to finish the check as yet to activate gas supply... I was under the impression I will be having electric stove...duhhh..

Congrats CKCPA

How long it took to get an appointment after your call to the developer?

Quote Originally Posted by CKCPA View Post
    Collected keys finally. Generally happy with unit. Brightly litted, close but acceptable distance from opposite block. Flooring is fine, exactly the same as what I saw at show flat. Cupboards in bedrooms are acceptable. I don't have problem with chipped corners. Most of the defects are found in the kitchen (finishings really bad and some appliances appear old and faulty) and bathroom - toilet bowl filter and water tap. Yet to finish the check as yet to activate gas supply... I was under the impression I will be having electric stove...duhhh..

They have no more slots for keys collection this week.

The last i checked yesterday is next Tuesday for available slots.

Thanks mak17. I am probably not the right person to give an estimate as I am actually from batch 1 and reason i collected my keys late is due my own schedule and request. I would have been able to do so much earlier if they entertained key collection on weekend. Sorry, not much help here.

Quote Originally Posted by mak17 View Post
    Congrats CKCPA

I am trying to attach pictures here, this is my friend's HDB project.
    See the similarity?

Quote Originally Posted by mak17 View Post
    Congrats CKCPA

I am from batch 2. Its quite fast actually.

I called at around 10am morning, but Ms is not around, so I left my contact details to her colleague and she returned my call around 4pm afternoon.

I managed to squeeze an appointment slot for 2 working days later, it all happens within the same week.

Going to lou hei with my extended family this weekend at the new home.