Page 43 of 84 FirstFirst ... 131823283338394041424344454647485358636873 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2496

Thread: Vacanza @ East

Default Blk 36

Hi all fellow neighbor,

I m newbie in this forum from blk 36, just got a call from my lawyers too!
    Btw i have been living in this area for the past 30 years, so i know this area pretty well. Do buzz me if i can assist in navigating in this terrain.

Haha actually it's a lovely neighbor with some hidden food corner around!
    Love this place with accessibility to eunos via Jalan Ismail

Lastly gong xi fa cai and wish everyone happy key collection

This is what happened today. I announced my unit number and mentioned key collection. Guard took out his pocket note and counter checked my unit number. Then he walkie talkie mgt office for permission and the officer must say ok.

Btw, today I saw that a resident had BBQ session yesterday night. Talk about early birds. And also all the facilities (gym, reading room, function room) are accessed by resident cards. Quite cool.

Did anybody else received the resident handbook by email today? If not, please click here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/706t2vkglbu4gnt/fLbwkPWBey

Quote Originally Posted by chaoren View Post
    What reason did the security guard give as a reason for not allowing u to go in?

If you already have the developer's letter + show prove that you have paid for the maintenance fees & survey fee (photocopied cashier's orders), just not yet collected keys, it does not seem right if you are not allowed to visit the condo facilities since the start date that you are paying for the maintenance fees has started.

Unless the maintenance fees start from the date you collect the keys and not from the date that developer's lawyer asked for payment (e.g 28 January 2014 for 2nd batch)?

I'm going to try my luck on Chinese New Year 1st day afternoon, hope can get in.
    Last edited by Draven005; 29-01-14 at 21:57.
    Little Mikah - a great place to shop for your little one.
    www.facebook.com/LittleMikahShop

Quote Originally Posted by Draven005 View Post
    This is what happened today. I announced my unit number and mentioned key collection. Guard took out his pocket note and counter checked my unit number. Then he walkie talkie mgt office for permission and the officer must say ok.

Btw, today I saw that a resident had BBQ session yesterday night. Talk about early birds. And also all the facilities (gym, reading room, function room) are accessed by resident cards. Quite cool.

Did anybody else received the resident handbook by email today? If not, please click here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/706t2vkglbu4gnt/fLbwkPWBey
    I just quickly flipped through the handbook and found that there is $20 charge + S$100 deposit for booking of Karaoke, Theatre, function room, and BBQ pit.
    Is this a common practice among condo? I am first timer in condo.

Quote Originally Posted by mshlin View Post
    I just quickly flipped through the handbook and found that there is $20 charge + S$100 deposit for booking of Karaoke, Theatre, function room, and BBQ pit.
    Yeap, it's pretty common.

There was no admin fee at my previous condo.
    Gym opening hours start at 7am... People actually go to the gym early in the morning before going to the office. 7am is a bit too late.
    Every unit is allowed 1 car only... So where do people park their 2nd car?

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou View Post
    you mean you know your maintenance fee the moment you bought your unit?

im disgusted because it is the same as 2 bedders... so does it mean that i got equal share with 2 bedders in enbloc sale?

anyone bought the 484sqft? what is the maintenance fee?
    urs is 484sqft type A1 i presume. 1715 share value so 240$ before gst. not the same as 2 bedder

my agent provided me with a factsheet

why you say so? you don't need pay the lawyer any more, after signing the purchase contract? At that time the bank paid the lawyer fee for me.
    Can you share?
    I did not pay the lawyer a single cent after purchase.

What reason did the security guard give as a reason for not allowing u to go in?

If you already have the developer's letter + show prove that you have paid for the maintenance fees & survey fee (photocopied cashier's orders), just not yet collected keys, it does not seem right if you are not allowed to visit the condo facilities since the start date that you are paying for the maintenance fees has started.

Unless the maintenance fees start from the date you collect the keys and not from the date that developer's lawyer asked for payment (e.g 28 January 2014 for 2nd batch)?

I'm going to try my luck on Chinese New Year 1st day afternoon, hope can get in.
    same here chaoren. am thinking to go first day cny and check it out w/o key appt

why you say so? you don't need pay the lawyer any more, after signing the purchase contract? At that time the bank paid the lawyer fee for me.
    Can you share?
    not sure y but i paid one time payment to lawyer and law firm bao ga liao. mayb cos u got privi that bank paid bulk of lawyer fee for u? but small fees u still have to pay? just guessing

Be careful on paying maintenance fee argument. The letter states date of key collection or 12 Feb which ever is earlier

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylbt View Post
    I did not pay the lawyer a single cent after purchase.
    I also didn't pay anything extra ... maybe you want to ask your lawyer how come u need to pay this. believe it's something your lawyer / bank didn't waive?

Quote Originally Posted by mak17 View Post
    Be careful on paying maintenance fee argument. The letter states date of key collection or 12 Feb which ever is earlier
    Thanks, I overlooked that clause of term 8.

Now I get it, maintenance fees start either on the 15th day (will be 11 February 2014 for me) from developer's lawyer notice (e.g 28 January 2014) or the date of key collection depending on whichever is earlier.

No wonder the security guard has the rights to refuse us the entry to the condo.

I read Draven005's resident handbook and find it very unusual why we have to pay $20 admin fee to use the BBQ Pit?

In my other private apt, we only need to place a refundable deposit, they do not charge any fees to use the BBQ pit.

Can i check with those who have collected keys, are you given the car transponder or you have to apply for it and given subsequently?

Page 57 of the handbook:

LIST OF ALTERATION AND ADDITION (A&A) WORKS NOT ALLOWED before the issuance of Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC):
    - demolition of existing internal partition wall;

Sorry to those of your who want to remove walls

I suppose this is more for the 1 year warranty period - would get complicated if the interior walls were removed i imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylbt View Post
    Can i check with those who have collected keys, are you given the car transponder or you have to apply for it and given subsequently?
    Electronic gantry not activated yet.
    Transponder is given within the package together with key collection
    You need to submit a form together with your proof of ownership (download from onemotoring) and your IC.

I have done so but no further news after this.
    Not sure whether they'll issue any car park label.

Hope this helps.

What kind of laundry system will be allowed for installation.

http://www.tame.com.sg

http://www.ezziliving.com/?page_id=6

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    What kind of laundry system will be allowed for installation.

http://www.tame.com.sg

http://www.ezziliving.com/?page_id=6
    Yes, I am concerned about this too! Does the unit come with installed laundry systems?

Default Happy New Year!

Happy new year fellow neighbors! It was just after Chinese New Year 3 long years ago that we bought our condo. Now we'll finally be able to step foot into it, after CNY this year!

Quote Originally Posted by gk View Post
    Yes, I am concerned about this too! Does the unit come with installed laundry systems?
    Nope.
    Kitchen too small to have a dryer.
    Now limited to Thomson, Bosch or Candy slim type washers

Nope.
    Kitchen too small to have a dryer.
    Now limited to Thomson, Bosch or Candy slim type washers
    What about stacking them in the outdoor area off the kitchen?

Quote Originally Posted by cdrum View Post
    Happy new year fellow neighbors! It was just after Chinese New Year 3 long years ago that we bought our condo. Now we'll finally be able to step foot into it, after CNY this year!
    Happy CNY to All!

btw does any one who has collected keys has estimate dimensions of the space for fridge & washer for 2 bedder please?

No admin fee at my previous condo too. My guess is mgt wants to collect funds to build up sinking funds. It is a big compound with many facilities. All need money to be maintained. Yesterday I saw only one cleaning Aunty during collection and I hope she can manage by herself!

Gym - same timing as previous condo.

Parking - mgt office says currently only 7 lots allocated for visitors while every unit is entitled to one lot. Owners with more than one car have to wait longer until mgt is sure of the occupancy of the condo before they decide how to allocate the un-utilized lots. Previous condo - they allocate the un-utilized lots by balloting. Forgot how frequent already. Could be once a year. Those who ballot but din get have to park at adjacent HDB car parks.

Quote Originally Posted by musras View Post
    There was no admin fee at my previous condo.
    Gym opening hours start at 7am... People actually go to the gym early in the morning before going to the office. 7am is a bit too late.
    Every unit is allowed 1 car only... So where do people park their 2nd car?

I cannot answer for the mgt office but from experience, the hardware must be approved by mgt office. Criteria expected to be mounted on the inside of your unit, non obstructive to maintenance work and non noisy. These are my assumptions.

Invisible grill is most likely to be allowed. Solar film allowed but non reflective. Visible grills must be approved design - leaf shaped as per hand book.

Yesterday the swimming pool is closed for testing. Wonder when it will be ready as I want to swim!

Quote Originally Posted by gk View Post

Parking - mgt office says currently only 7 lots allocated for visitors while every unit is entitled to one lot. Owners with more than one car have to wait longer until mgt is sure of the occupancy of the condo before they decide how to allocate the un-utilized lots. Previous condo - they allocate the un-utilized lots by balloting. Forgot how frequent already. Could be once a year. Those who ballot but din get have to park at adjacent HDB car parks.
    Huh? I thought the multi story was for visitors? 7 spots only for visitors is ridiculous, no?

What about stacking them in the outdoor area off the kitchen?
    2 bedroom, no yard.
    Only outdoor area, air con ledge = no
    Balcony = ugly

Ridiculous lah. But the developer went ahead anyway.

It is a common problem among the newer condos.

The developer is banking hard that some of the residents do not drive and so this means some spare lots for visitors.

Huh? I thought the multi story was for visitors? 7 spots only for visitors is ridiculous, no?

2 bedroom, no yard.
    Only outdoor area, air con ledge = no
    Balcony = ugly
    Oh! bummer

Ridiculous lah. But the developer went ahead anyway.

It is a common problem among the newer condos.

The developer is banking hard that some of the residents do not drive and so this means some spare lots for visitors.
    I wonder what HH's profit will end up being...

Talking

I wonder what HH's profit will end up being...
    shud be at least a long fleet of lambos speeding up and down msia's ns highway

http://www.sweethome3d.com

You can work out a 3D plan with this free software.
    Need some time to figure out how to use it though.
    Happy CNY.