Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northoaks vs Woodsvale

Default Northoaks vs Woodsvale

Hi , anyone has viewed these 2 condo? Which one is preferred? price is about the same

Quote Originally Posted by lindatlc
    Hi , anyone has viewed these 2 condo? Which one is preferred? price is about the same
    I own a unit in Woodsvale and stay there. Never been to Northoaks.

But during the time I bought my woodsvale unit in 2001, northoak already quite sold out while many units still balance in woodsvale. Price of northoak then was much higher as someone in the construction line told me their furnishing is better (developed by Hong Leng). By the way, the developer for Woodsvale was Capitaland. They resorted to giving out $10k unit trust and further discounts to sell the balance units.

So I think if the psf is the same, you should go for Northoak.

Anybody had any idea what is the open piece of land in front of Northoak main gate is slated for?

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    I own a unit in Woodsvale and stay there. Never been to Northoaks.

But during the time I bought my woodsvale unit in 2001, northoak already quite sold out while many units still balance in woodsvale. Price of northoak then was much higher as someone in the construction line told me their furnishing is better (developed by Hong Leng). By the way, the developer for Woodsvale was Capitaland. They resorted to giving out $10k unit trust and further discounts to sell the balance units.

So I think if the psf is the same, you should go for Northoak.

Anybody had any idea what is the open piece of land in front of Northoak main gate is slated for?
    This is a fair analysis especially coming from someone who owns a neighbouring property. Typical singaporeans will usually justify their residence of choice is the best, or among the better ones. Woodsvale is closer to MRT but the front gate can be crowded for incoming cars. Northoaks is more ulu (entrance beside the park) but if u walk out from main entrance that's an extra 200m to the mrt.

Best is to just arrange viewings for both and have a look.

As for the piece of land, I have no idea - a new EC??

NorthOaks
    If you own a car and enjoy having your car right below your unit, i mean literally right below with either sheltered surface parking or basement parking, it's really right below you.... (Feels very good and convenient)

MRT is also very near and KopiTiam/provision shop is directly opp. NorthOaks.

Coupled with a grand drive-in entrance with tall palm trees along the aisles.... it feels like you are entering a compound unlike most condos whose drive-thru are short and overcrowding....

Some of the units are very regular in shape and long..... very rare these days for new condos.... long as in you can showcase your 50" LCD and you can see the screen from your dining table to the living area in a full frontal view.

Very resort feel with a super-sized pool. I like to swim and it's big enough for lapping even on a weekend.

When it's weekday..... it feels like the whole pool is yours.

Coloured in white and very well-maintained with nice landscaping.

There's a reading room, where daily papers are there. Very nice and quiet.

Gym, Super-sized pool, Table Tennis, 2 x Tennis Courts, Squash......

Woodsvale
    Slightly nearer to the MRT than NorthOaks and most units are regular in shape. Heard there's a Karaoke Room/lounge....

Pool, 2 x Tennis Courts, Gym.

Summary

I viewed a Woodsvale unit once, but NorthOaks wowed me with the landscaping and facilities.... Took me a while to scout for a good unit in NorthOaks though. Very very happy with my unit.

My parents live in Compass Heights in Sengkang with the ultimate convenience of MRT, Bus, Shopping Mall but they love the peace and windiness of NorthOaks.

FYI, Woodlands was the last place I had in mind to stay in until I found NorthOaks.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    NorthOaks
    If you own a car and enjoy having your car right below your unit, i mean literally right below with either sheltered surface parking or basement parking, it's really right below you.... (Feels very good and convenient)

MRT is also very near and KopiTiam/provision shop is directly opp. NorthOaks.

Coupled with a grand drive-in entrance with tall palm trees along the aisles.... it feels like you are entering a compound unlike most condos whose drive-thru are short and overcrowding....

Some of the units are very regular in shape and long..... very rare these days for new condos.... long as in you can showcase your 50" LCD and you can see the screen from your dining table to the living area in a full frontal view.

Very resort feel with a super-sized pool. I like to swim and it's big enough for lapping even on a weekend.

When it's weekday..... it feels like the whole pool is yours.

Coloured in white and very well-maintained with nice landscaping.

There's a reading room, where daily papers are there. Very nice and quiet.

Gym, Super-sized pool, Table Tennis, 2 x Tennis Courts, Squash......

Woodsvale
    Slightly nearer to the MRT than NorthOaks and most units are regular in shape. Heard there's a Karaoke Room/lounge....

Pool, 2 x Tennis Courts, Gym.

Summary

I viewed a Woodsvale unit once, but NorthOaks wowed me with the landscaping and facilities.... Took me a while to scout for a good unit in NorthOaks though. Very very happy with my unit.

My parents live in Compass Heights in Sengkang with the ultimate convenience of MRT, Bus, Shopping Mall but they love the peace and windiness of NorthOaks.

FYI, Woodlands was the last place I had in mind to stay in until I found NorthOaks.
    Be careful of the 2 poisonous chimneys not too far away. Health issue is real issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia
    Be careful of the 2 poisonous chimneys not too far away. Health issue is real issue here.
    LOL are you the same person who said staying in Jurong dangerous cos scully Jurong Island explodes?

Becareful of Year 2012 too, Mayan calendar ends there.... and we will all be bury under water because of constellation alignment will wreak severe gravitational pull to Earth.

Doesn't matter if it's Bukit Timah, Mount Faber, Woodlands, Jurong.

We will all die.

However, air feels fresh to me for where i am staying. haha.

FYI, I stayed in Bedok, Hougang, Pasir Ris, Sengkang and now Woodlands.....

Becareful of Year 2012 too, Mayan calendar ends there.... and we will all be bury under water because of constellation alignment will wreak severe gravitational pull to Earth.

Doesn't matter if it's Bukit Timah, Mount Faber, Woodlands, Jurong.

We will all die.

However, air feels fresh to me for where i am staying. haha.

FYI, I stayed in Bedok, Hougang, Pasir Ris, Sengkang and now Woodlands.....
    So which area you like most? Pasir RIS?

Quote Originally Posted by devon_wh
    So which area you like most? Pasir RIS?
    Hmmm.... in terms of food and accessibility Hougang and Sengkang......

Quiet and Serene, Pasir Ris and Woodlands....

I like Woodlands because although it's north but at least it's between east and west..... equal distance to anywhere.

Plus, like to go JB for foot massage and groceries shopping.

Admiralty in particular is not overcrowded compared to the Woodlands regional centre side.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    LOL are you the same person who said staying in Jurong dangerous cos scully Jurong Island explodes?
    ha haa...
    which part sg is consider safe? even pulau tekong sometime got elephant on rampage....

i c...which part of sg consider safe heaven? hee hee

Seems like the proposed NSE viaduct passing by Northoaks may increase noise pollution to this estate especially those units facing Gambas Ave.

The NSW would be more beneficial to Woodsvale as it is shielded from the increased noise by Northoaks.

What do you think would the impact of the NSE (positive externalities) have on these two estates? Rise in psf by 5-10%???

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Seems like the proposed NSE viaduct passing by Northoaks may increase noise pollution to this estate especially those units facing Gambas Ave.

The NSW would be more beneficial to Woodsvale as it is shielded from the increased noise by Northoaks.

What do you think would the impact of the NSE (positive externalities) have on these two estates? Rise in psf by 5-10%???
    Rise in psf for sure but not for those road-facing units...even Woodsvale have some blocks which can see Gambas so they are also exposed, though further away.

Northoaks Gambas facing units will see no appreciation in prices (I am using Linear as an example) - pool facing ones should experience the highest rise, though the increase should hasten around 2019...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    i c...which part of sg consider safe heaven? hee hee
    Oxley area

Talking

Just got a mailer that record price done for 3+1 unit in either Woodsvale or NorthOaks @ $908k. Not sure how big is the unit though.

Assuming 1238sqft, that will translate to $733psf!!!

Just got a mailer that record price done for 3+1 unit in either Woodsvale or NorthOaks @ $908k. Not sure how big is the unit though.

Could be the Woodhaven effect...

Think agent anyhow humtum one

From the URA caveats website, the highest psf for Northoaks is $681 psf for a 1055 sq ft unit in Jan. For the 10 units (between 1216-1292 sq ft) transacted in Mar-Apr so far, the psf was between $581-655.

As for Woodsvale, the psf obtained for the 13 units (between 1227-1313 sq ft) transacted in Mar-Apr was between $560-642.

Interesting to note that 7 units in Northoaks and 12 units in Woodsvale were transacted in the month of March alone Another 4 units each were transacted in April so far for the two condos. I believed ST had reported recently that condos in Woodlands area are getting popular.

NS Expressway effect or in anticipation of Woodhaven?

Smile

I don't think agent huntum ( this agent is a resident agent, always see his mailers) I think he just closed it, it should reflect transacted in May 2011.

If this 8th floor unit is
    1313sqft would mean $691psf
    1292sqft -$702psf
    1238sqft - $733psf

NSE, Seletar Hub, $500 million for Sembawang sure is driving prices in North up.

I don't think agent huntum ( this agent is a resident agent, always see his mailers) I think he just closed it, it should reflect transacted in May 2011.

1292sqft -$702psf
    1238sqft - $733psf

NSE, Seletar Hub, $500 million for Sembawang sure is driving prices in North up.
    Nobody is left behind this time

1292sqft -$702psf
    1238sqft - $733psf

But this is Woodlands, not Sembawang leh...

Seletar Hub also far away? Yishun, Yio Chu Kang nearer...

I think is Woodhaven effect and fact that MRT around 500m away...nowadays cannot get condos close to MRT for less than 700psf apart from these?

I guess there are many factors driving prices up.

Woodsvale resale set new record of $646 psf in April for a 1292 sq ft 3-bedder. Wonder which unit and floor

12 units transacted in March and 9 units in April. I think resale will slow down in May onwards but still see many agents bringing people to view units on weekends

Lack of upgrade options in North are driving demand for NorthOaks and Woodsvale.

Big units are at attractive psf compared to new launches in north and compared to old resale condos elsewhere.

Facilities are also decent, which people are discovering now after privatization.

I think come June, the caveats lodged for May 2011 might show record highs as claimed by resident agents in recent mailers.

Lack of upgrade options in North are driving demand for NorthOaks and Woodsvale.

Big units are at attractive psf compared to new launches in north and compared to old resale condos elsewhere.

Facilities are also decent, which people are discovering now after privatization.

I think come June, the caveats lodged for May 2011 might show record highs as claimed by resident agents in recent mailers.
    Not many condos 500m away from MRT in far north...

these 2 condos are under my radar in Q42010. Price is set to increase. it was 770k thereabout for a good facing high floor unit.

town pple may realise it is cheaper still and cash out their other property n shift here.

the price has not peak still have room to move.

its just 10+ old, still new

as someone pointed out near MRT, (now easily upper level of 6xxpsf for resale or cross 1000psf for new launch)

decent size suitable for family

walking distance to amenities.

condo land size is decent and not cramp at all, unlike some old private projects.

within 1km to the best pr school in woodlands

at least the above stand correct when I did my research.

But i din buy cos spotted another better buys.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    these 2 condos are under my radar in Q42010. Price is set to increase. it was 770k thereabout for a good facing high floor unit.

town pple may realise it is cheaper still and cash out their other property n shift here.

as someone pointed out near MRT, (now easily upper level of 6xxpsf for resale or cross 1000psf for new launch)

condo land size is decent and not cramp at all, unlike some old private projects.

Not to mention str8 MRT line to JLD. I guess to beat all these if you can have the project right at doorstep of MRT!!

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama

Quite a few units breached S$800k and even low floors non pool facing hitting S$790k. (You should see them in caveats for May 2011).

Even at S$800k, psf is cheap at S$646, more than 25% discount than new launch at Woodhaven.

If I'm not wrong, one more school coming up next to Woodsvale and NorthOaks within next couple of years.

If I'm not wrong, one more school coming up next to Woodsvale and NorthOaks within next couple of years.
    If it's a primary school I think that will be welcome.

As it is, the area has its own park, secondary school...guess question is how good that new school is going to be

Quite a few units breached S$800k and even low floors non pool facing hitting S$790k. (You should see them in caveats for May 2011).

Even at S$800k, psf is cheap at S$646, more than 25% discount than new launch at Woodhaven.
    the only draw back is the design.... more like HDB feel but who cares if its near mrt and cheapest in terms of psf?

more jobs will be created in woodlands and will bring up the property price. no fh in woodlands so safe to buy older lh.

wait till the causeway point land up for bidding, the price of all condos will appreciate further.