Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 8 @ Mount Sophia (D9, 103 years leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

  1. #1
    Any complaints please PM me
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,129

    Default 8 @ Mount Sophia (D9, 103 years leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

    Published March 29, 2007

    Allgreen is top bidder for Handy Rd site

    By KALPANA RASHIWALA


    MAINBOARD-listed Allgreen Properties has emerged top bidder for a 99-year leasehold site in Handy Rd near The Cathay with an offer of $72.3 million or $669 per square foot per plot ratio.

    The 38,600 sq ft site, near Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station, is designated for residential use or residential use with first-storey commercial space. It can be developed into a 10-storey project with maximum gross floor area of 108,080 sq ft.

    The Urban Redevelopment Authority's tender exercise had attracted four bids when it closed yesterday.

    Alliance Development - controlled by Sino Holdings, not linked to property magnate Ng Teng Fong's Far East Organization or Sino Land group - bid almost $70.4 million.

    GuocoLand's Rivaldo Investments offered $68.65 million. And Peak Venture, controlled by banker Wee Cho Yaw, tendered $50.5 million.

    CB Richard Ellis executive director Li Hiaw Ho estimates Allgreen's breakeven cost for a new project on the site could be around $1,000 psf.

    'Going by current prices of units at 8 @ Mount Sophia at above $1,000 psf in the subsale market, and those at the freehold Nomu selling at $1,100-1,300 psf, it is likely that the new project on the Handy Rd site will be able to sell at an average price of around $1,300 psf,' he said.

  2. #2
    Any complaints please PM me
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,129

    Default Allgreen puts in top bid of $72.3m for Handy Road site

    March 29, 2007

    Allgreen puts in top bid of $72.3m for Handy Road site

    By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent


    ALLGREEN Properties has put in the highest bid of $72.3 million for a thin strip of residential land on Handy Road, next to Plaza Singapura.

    A new residential development on the site - a short distance from Orchard Road - would enhance the area's vibrancy and boost property values, say analysts.

    The Urban Redevelopment Authority tender for the 3,586 sq m site closed yesterday after drawing four bids. The second-highest bid of $70.4million came from Alliance Development. The other two bids were $68.65 million and $50.5 million.

    Allgreen's bid works out to $669 per sq ft (psf) of potential gross floor area.

    Some consultants had expected higher bids as they reckoned that a new development could sell for as much as $1,500 psf to $1,600 psf.

    Mr Li Hiaw Ho, executive director of CB Richard Ellis Singapore, said Allgreen's bid is 'reasonable' and works out to a break-even price of about $1,000 psf. The 99-year leasehold site has a height limit of 10 storeys and a maximum gross floor area of 10,041 sq m.

    Mr Li said the units of the new project on the site are likely to be sold for $1,300 psf on average.

    This takes into account that sub-sale prices of units in the neighbouring 8 @ Mount Sophia project have risen above $1,000 psf and those at the nearby 50-unit freehold Nomu development are selling at $1,100 psf to $1,300 psf.

    The site for Fraser Centrepoint's 8 @ Mount Sophia, which achieved an average price of $730 psf in 2005, cost just $280 psf.

    'The new project will be attractive to home owners and investors because it is strategically located next to Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station,' said Mr Li. It is also close to The Atrium At Orchard, the cineplex at The Cathay and the Singapore Management University campus.

    The Cathay has 76 apartments for lease on levels nine to 17. And when the new condos are ready, the area will have more residents.

    The area could liven up further if the collective sales of older mixed developments Peace Centre and Parklane Shopping Mall around the corner succeed.

    Peace Centre and the adjoining Peace Mansion were just recently put up for sale at an indicative price of $470 million.

    GOOD LOCATION

    'The new project will be attractive to home owners and investors because it is...next to Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station.'
    MR LI, of CB Richard Ellis

  3. #3
    Makelele
    Guest

    Default Re: 8 @ Mount Sophia (D9, 103 years leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

    My question is, how come [email protected] subsale transactions are still so low priced? This condo has an outstanding location. Could it be the tenure? I would have thought that in cases like these where good location is concerned, tenure doesn't matter so much.

    Nomu which is freehold next door has seen low priced sub sales as well.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Thumbs down Re: 8 @ Mount Sophia (D9, 103 years leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

    Use your commonsence and you will know that our market now is a speculative market and not a home buyers market . Launches sell out at double quick time , but Toped projects have many units left . Why ? simple as said . TOPEd projects have no more deferred payment on them = pay immediately . If GOV get rid or ban deferred payment , then we will know the true value of properties in SG . I am very afraid of the year 2009-2010 where the ultra expensive project are TOPed and the owners have to pay up 80% balance . That will be the showdown of the true property market .

  5. #5
    joe
    Guest

    Default Re: 8 @ Mount Sophia (D9, 103 years leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

    Currently, looking at the profile of buyers in prime districts, I think the owners will have money to pay up. But when the average Singaporean who cannot afford condos get into speculating, then the problem will start.


    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Use your commonsence and you will know that our market now is a speculative market and not a home buyers market . Launches sell out at double quick time , but Toped projects have many units left . Why ? simple as said . TOPEd projects have no more deferred payment on them = pay immediately . If GOV get rid or ban deferred payment , then we will know the true value of properties in SG . I am very afraid of the year 2009-2010 where the ultra expensive project are TOPed and the owners have to pay up 80% balance . That will be the showdown of the true property market .

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Wink Re: 8 @ Mount Sophia (D9, 103 years leasehold, Fraser Centrepoint)

    Quote Originally Posted by Makelele
    My question is, how come [email protected] subsale transactions are still so low priced? This condo has an outstanding location. Could it be the tenure? I would have thought that in cases like these where good location is concerned, tenure doesn't matter so much.

    Nomu which is freehold next door has seen low priced sub sales as well.
    The areas that see the highest price movement are when your 'neighbour' launches at a good price and then your neighbour's neighbour also launch and at better price. Then people start to notice that yours is undervalued.
    This area is in good location definitely. Just wait and see what happens when more of your 'neighbours' get enbloc and launch.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Any idea the land between 8 Mount Sophia and handy road? Seems like something going on as now is being fenced out?

  8. #8
    Unregistered000
    Guest

    Smile mt sophia is the slump of d9

    mt sophia is the slump of district 9 with a stretch of short developments that boasts of spectacular views of neighbours walkiing around in their apartments or cooking in the kitchen. condos so close to each other that you might walk into the wrong condo if you are high on alcohol one night.

    Quote Originally Posted by kal
    Any idea the land between 8 Mount Sophia and handy road? Seems like something going on as now is being fenced out?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Reflections at Keppel Bay
    Posts
    286

    Default Wanted: 8 @ Mount Sophia units for multiple purchase

    Dear all,

    My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. 8 @ Mount Sophia is one of their choice condo.

    Their requirements are as follows:

    1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
    2) Regular shaped interior;
    3) Attractive pricing;
    4) Floor Plan required;
    5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

    Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richardsng_era
    Dear all,

    My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. 8 @ Mount Sophia is one of their choice condo.

    Their requirements are as follows:

    1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
    2) Regular shaped interior;
    3) Attractive pricing;
    4) Floor Plan required;
    5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

    Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.
    richard, u should go and f*** your m*****. Spoilt all the thread with you stupid f*** advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1963
    -: 27-09-18, 10:08
  2. Replies: 1590
    -: 22-04-15, 10:41
  3. LakeHolmz (D22, 99 years leasehold, Centrepoint Homes)
    By my bloody valentine in forum West and North West
    Replies: 44
    -: 10-05-13, 15:03
  4. Replies: 1097
    -: 23-04-13, 14:13
  5. Woodsville 28 (D13, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)
    By SP specialist in forum District 13
    Replies: 788
    -: 09-01-13, 06:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •