Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Haig 162

Exactly, in Singapore the need to conform is important. So Parkway Parade like what you have studied in college which conform to every other mall in the country will survive, because it carries exactly the SAME brands like Mango and G2000 as every other mall right?

All shopping malls that use EXACTLY the same design with EXACTLY the same shops are successful. Anything that tries to be "out-of-the-box" like Orchard Central will fail.

Singaporeans lack creativity. As long as you give them cookie cutter mall, they will be happy. Even if there are carpark fights almost everyday.

Sorry, I think singapore has too many same-same malls already. I despise them.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire
    I once had the chance to take up a real estate related course by NUS. Parkway Parade is reputed to the most successful shopping mall in the suburb. The tenant occupancy is one of the highest and excellent tenants mix. The layout is very well designed which allow maximum human traffic and retail frontage. There are supermarkets, departmental store, a very wide variety of restaurants and fast food outlets, clinics, watches, banks, niches products, hair saloons, clinics, small fashion outlets, ice cream parlours, bookstores, video and music,furniture, wine, japanese and korean specialties market, etc, etc. There is practically something for everyone. Although the mall is already of some age it is still very well maintained and attractive. High carpark charges and long taxis queue are a big turnoff but nevertheless there are still many people who still bear with it and go there.

Not all lah. But some. Anyway, the pink dollar is NOT to be ignored. They dress well, eat well and very image conscious

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    tats really funny....buy MM means gay? haha

hmmm....my tenant who rent my MM is gay ar? hahaha

mabe next time i shd rent to lady....lesbian

u all very high end ...

i dun even bother wat brand i wear wor ....cheap, quality ok and looks ok enuff liao

hmmm, my wardrobe got baleno, giordano, hang ten....smtimes u see me crowd ard the promotion push cart area

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Not all lah. But some. Anyway, the pink dollar is NOT to be ignored. They dress well, eat well and very image conscious
    with no family commitment they have the spending power ...

Exactly, in Singapore the need to conform is important. So Parkway Parade like what you have studied in college which conform to every other mall in the country will survive, because it carries exactly the SAME brands like Mango and G2000 as every other mall right?

All shopping malls that use EXACTLY the same design with EXACTLY the same shops are successful. Anything that tries to be "out-of-the-box" like Orchard Central will fail.

Singaporeans lack creativity. As long as you give them cookie cutter mall, they will be happy. Even if there are carpark fights almost everyday.

Actually I notice that Singaporeans love to shop at NTUC Fairprice, Giant, Cold Storage! We love groceries When Katong Mall's Market Place opens, that area in Marine Parade will be grocer's haven (!?)

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Actually I notice that Singaporeans love to shop at NTUC Fairprice, Giant, Cold Storage! We love groceries When Katong Mall's Market Place opens, that area in Marine Parade will be grocer's haven (!?)
    err...i tot only ah soh and ah lau shops at supermarket???

u all very high end ...

i dun even bother wat brand i wear wor ....cheap, quality ok and looks ok enuff liao

hmmm, my wardrobe got baleno, giordano, hang ten....smtimes u see me crowd ard the promotion push cart area
    you mean EVENT HALL ??

my favorite too ...

i ever saw an Ah Mah ..went to NTUC buy brocolli ... she pinched off the thick stem .. only wanted the 'leaves' ..

solid ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    you mean EVENT HALL ??

my favorite too ...
    err...smthing like great SG sale...PC show...anniversary sale, reno sale blah blah...shop only when and whr got gd deals ...ops

Ah soh and ah lau shop at sheng song or SENG siong.
    Anyway parkway is a one stop for banking service and everything else. Maybe when katong mall is completed, d15 prices can go up by another 10 percent? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by SV88
    Ah soh and ah lau shop at sheng song or SENG siong.
    Anyway parkway is a one stop for banking service and everything else. Maybe when katong mall is completed, d15 prices can go up by another 10 percent? Time will tell.
    katong mall more likely to pull up tembeling/joo chiat areas....more attractive to renters ....

Well like what you said, each has his own.

But your statements made about D15 are extremely biased and untrue. Firstly, maybe apart from a few new projects like this one, I don't think there is any existing projects here with MM units. The studios here are quite sizable and a lot of them come with balconies. I don't know there is any existing development here with units less than 500 sqft. Secondly, surprising u said that there are a lot of gays in D15. Maybe you have confused Changi beach with East Coast beach. Thirdly, are there carpark fights in PP everyday ? In fact the carpark design is so that every car is lined up in one line, hence no fight on who come first.? Or some gangsters in Geylang come here everyday to fight it out?

nowadays MM r spreading....any small devt/landed got enbloced....99% becomes MM devt liao....not just D15 leh...

river valley contracted MM virus liao....RV point...coming 118 killiney...

kovan...hougang...west coast kena liao too....

Indian gays r sprouting too....psf is getting higher also....
    pimps turning into gays as well in geylang...haha

so 'gays' will be everywhr in SG

if MM spreads, then 'normal' units will become rarer...may come a time when bigger units command higher psf!! (kinda like how Far East prices their recent projects - bigger ones cost more in terms of psf)

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    if MM spreads, then 'normal' units will become rarer...may come a time when bigger units command higher psf!! (kinda like how Far East prices their recent projects - bigger ones cost more in terms of psf)
    mabe only brandnew gd size units become rare but definitely not the older ones....

Actually, car park fights are common for the following conditions:

(1) Districts with single lanes in both directions.
    (2) Beside both lanes are landed property.

Requires drivers to give and take and once in a while, you hit on a bully.

But your statements made about D15 are extremely biased and untrue. Firstly, maybe apart from a few new projects like this one, I don't think there is any existing projects here with MM units. The studios here are quite sizable and a lot of them come with balconies. I don't know there is any existing development here with units less than 500 sqft. Secondly, surprising u said that there are a lot of gays in D15. Maybe you have confused Changi beach with East Coast beach. Thirdly, are there carpark fights in PP everyday ? In fact the carpark design is so that every car is lined up in one line, hence no fight on who come first.? Or some gangsters in Geylang come here everyday to fight it out?

mabe only brandnew gd size units become rare but definitely not the older ones....
    True to some extent...in a project dominated by MMs (one that is in a good location) then people might pay a premium for one of the few rare decent-sized units...

ST reported on Oxley today...MM developer.....another 9 MM projects coming on stream....i tink none is in D15

MM virus is contagious

next wed oxley shares starts trading....hmmm....can fry fry

nowadays MM r spreading....any small devt/landed got enbloced....99% becomes MM devt liao....not just D15 leh...

river valley contracted MM virus liao....RV point...coming 118 killiney...

kovan...hougang...west coast kena liao too....

Indian gays r sprouting too....psf is getting higher also....
    pimps turning into gays as well in geylang...haha

so 'gays' will be everywhr in SG
    New Spottiswoode project also got 125 (??) units of MM okay....

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    Actually, car park fights are common for the following conditions:

(1) Districts with single lanes in both directions.
    (2) Beside both lanes are landed property.

Requires drivers to give and take and once in a while, you hit on a bully.
    In general, Singaporeans are more "gentleman" when comes to queuing for carpark lots as compared to other nationalities like Malaysians. But interestingly, many Singaporean drivers snap and point their middle finger immediately when they are being horned at , even though they deserve to be horned. Many fights and chasing here start from a horn.This is very unlike many other countries when horning is part and parcel of driving on the roads.

u all very high end ...

polo tee is polo tee lah.... got prada polo tee, ralph lauren polo tee, baleno polo tee, giordano polo tee.... maybe all made in same factory in china or sri lanka....

In general, Singaporeans are more "gentleman" when comes to queuing for carpark lots as compared to other nationalities like Malaysians. But interestingly, many Singaporean drivers snap and point their middle finger immediately when they are being horned at , even though they deserve to be horned. Many fights and chasing here start from a horn.This is very unlike many other countries when horning is part and parcel of driving on the roads.
    malaysians.... not saying all malaysians, but many malaysians are even less gracious than singaporeans.. especially the cheena malaysians.... 10 times more kiasu and 100 times more inconsiderate

leme ask my tenant who stay in a 4xxsqft apt

suddenly feels 4xxsqft 'BIG" oredi due to 3xxsqft pigeon holes...ops
    So i guess it would not be difficult to rent out a MM unit 4xxsqft around Orchard?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    So i guess it would not be difficult to rent out a MM unit 4xxsqft around Orchard?
    Sure can rent out....its only a matter of how much rental....

I think you're the biased one. There are a lot of MMs in D15 - look at all the new launches in D15 before u comment. Of course every area also got good size units but it still doesn't change the fact the D15 tops in terms of MM. Actually MM is the one pushing up PSF in many areas because quantum is so low and got large market - so for investors, high number of MMs might be a "positive" attribute.

I think you're the biased one. There are a lot of MMs in D15 - look at all the new launches in D15 before u comment. Of course every area also got good size units but it still doesn't change the fact the D15 tops in terms of MM. Actually MM is the one pushing up PSF in many areas because quantum is so low and got large market - so for investors, high number of MMs might be a "positive" attribute.
    Mm actually bad for normal sized units within the vicinity....bcoz their quantum so low n aso can spoil rental market as well

I noticed in a few past yr mm developments....only the smallest unit get flipped....penthse especially got stuck n rot

Mm actually bad for normal sized units within the vicinity....bcoz their quantum so low n aso can spoil rental market as well

I noticed in a few past yr mm developments....only the smallest unit get flipped....penthse especially got stuck n rot
    Dun ever buy MM penthouses....

It's like a motorbike on 4 wheels

katong mall more likely to pull up tembeling/joo chiat areas....more attractive to renters ....
    That would be gd new, to me.

Sure can rent out....its only a matter of how much rental....
    Roughly how much you think can rent for brand new?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Roughly how much you think can rent for brand new?
    U expect a figure without size, layout n project name?

Me aint god