Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Scotts Tower (D9, 103 years lease on freehold land, FEO)

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    I agree with you.
    In fact, I am thinking of ..... against the grain.

But we may need holding power and patience.
    even so for landed house ..

i recall 2 friends A and B, A built 5 ensuites bedroom + 1 maid rm in his 3600 sqft terrace ..

while B, built 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths + 1 maid room .. in 3600 sqft

both rented out their houses ........ A was rented at 4k lower than B ..why ?

when we asked the tenants and the agents .. the answer was :
    they love the size of the rooms ...not so much the number of rooms

House B's masterbed room is a full floor with a terrace and the other 2 rooms occupy the second floor ..

House A has 2 rooms on each floor

so if the likes of expats remain unchange, then i wonder who will be keen to rent mickey mouse units

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    even so for landed house ..

i recall 2 friends A and B, A built 5 ensuites bedroom + 1 maid rm in his 3600 sqft terrace ..

while B, built 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths + 1 maid room .. in 3600 sqft

both rented out their houses ........ A was rented at 4k lower than B ..why ?
    Does this sentence read "A was rented as 4k, lower than B" or "A was rented as 4k lower than B"?

What were the respective rents these terrace houses fetch?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Mickeymousation?
    Is that a pest problem?

You have a problem. We have the solution.

Mickeymousation is not a "problem". It's a blessing !!!

Don't kill it !

The Mickeymousation (or HongKong-nisation) of Singapore presents an unprecedented opportunity to make some very very serious money.

It is the dream of every Singaporean staying in HDB to own a private property before he leaves this world.

Now every Singaporean can realise his dream through Mickeymousation !!!
    Last edited by jlrx; 30-10-09 at 05:59.

anyone know when scotts tower will be released?

also, why is mickey mouse coined for small units, i find no link.

Quote Originally Posted by aerosmith

cause small units are like rat holes?

Quote Originally Posted by aerosmith

"Mickey Mouse" is a slang expression meaning small-time, amateurish or trivial. In the UK and Ireland, it also means poor quality or counterfeit.

ie - they are ridiculous. Only a small timer know-nothing would buy one believing they can rent out for 5k / month or whatever sweet BS the sales agent tells you.

anyone know when this may be released?

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...14340,00.html?

Published July 1, 2010

Scotts Tower design undergoes revamp

FAR East Organization has changed the architect and the design for Scotts Tower, located at the junction of Scotts and Cairnhill roads.

Ringing the changes: The proposed new look of Scotts Tower (left) and the old design

The eye-catching 153m, 31-storey tower was originally designed with 67 luxury apartments with panoramic views and had a built-up floor area of about 20,000 sq m.

In late 2009 it was reported that Far East was shrinking the units to make them more affordable. The original design was commissioned in 2006 and was planned to be launched in late 2007.

Architect Ole Scheeren, formerly a partner at Office of Metropolitan Architecture (OMA) will be replaced by Ben van Berkel of UNStudio.

The number of units is now expected to increase, and the new design is currently being planned.

'Market conditions and unit requirements have changed,' said Far East's executive director of development and planning Chng Kiong Huat. 'The large units did not quite fit with our current market needs.

'If we had a change of architect, the whole concept will be different, more current. We didn't want to have the same kind of look. We wanted a whole different approach.'

Ole Scheeren was the architect-in-charge of the CCTV Tower in Beijing. In March 2010, OMA announced that Scheeren had left to establish his own studio.

UNStudio was used by CapitaLand for its Raffles City project in Hangzhou and its failed bid for the South Beach integrated development site eventually won by City Developments in 2007.

Default at last...

Published November 24, 2011

Preview of The Scotts Tower set for next week

By UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) Far East Organization will preview the 231-unit The Scotts Tower next week under its new Far East SOHO brand.

231-unit block: Its one-bedders and two-bedders range from 624 sq ft to 904 sq ft Units in the 103-year leasehold project, which is located at Scotts Road, will start from about $3,200 per square foot (psf), said Chia Boon Kuah, Far East chief operating officer for property sales.
    The Scotts Tower is the first project to be rolled out under the Far East SOHO brand platform, which was unveiled yesterday.
    The brand aims to provide a distinctive collection of modern, new-generation small office, home office (SoHo) apartments that will cater to a ready demand in Singapore, Far East said.
    The developer has sold more than 1,000 SoHo apartments since 2004, when it launched Singapore's first SoHo development at Central, above Clarke Quay MRT station.
    Since then, it has also launched two other SoHo-style projects - The Tennery at Upper Bukit Timah and The Cape at Amber Road.
    Mr Chia explained that the time was ripe for the brand to be launched as Far East has sold a large number of SoHo units in Singapore over the past few years.
    'We have been focusing on our products in the past few years, and have sold over 1,000 SoHo units. We expect that the market is ready for the launch of the Far East SOHO brand.'
    Far East SOHO properties will all offer strategic locations, flexible space and excellent connectivity, said executive director for property services Chng Kiong Huat.
    All properties will be featuring a 'voluminous, creative canvas of space' with floor-to-ceiling heights of at least 3.4 metres, and a 'semi-white plan' - which means homeowners will have an array of palette options.
    The Far East SOHO brand will also be brought to life in other Asian markets such as China and Indonesia, the developer said.
    But for now, Far East will first preview the 31-storey The Scotts Tower under the new brand. The development will be made up of mostly one-bedroom and two-bedroom units that range in size from 624 sq ft to 904 sq ft, although there will also be three-bedroom units and four-bedroom penthouses.
    The project is designed by UNStudio co-founder Ben van Berkel, who designed the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart, Germany, among other projects.

Check this out!

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

It's lovely but Far East has done it again. Freehold becomes 103 years LH! Haha
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

u r observant!!!

bravo!!!

FH become 103LH

67 units become 231 units....

2xxxpsf become 3xxxpsf? hehehe

Far East new brand Far East SOHO promises projects with ceiling heights of at least 3.4m. My KG is 3.5m, balcony 4m means it can surely be considered SOHO too!

Someone should change the misleading title. It should read 103 years LH, not freehold.

between scotts tower and scotts square 1BR/studio, which one is better own stay?

FEO have been advertising this condo on the KrisWorld inflight entertainment for a couple of weeks already. As a frequent flyer, i am bombarded with FEO advertising every time i switch on the Krisworld inflight movies.

It is advertised as TST, which i have always associated with Tsim Sha Tsui.

LH in area surrounded by FH and at FH prices. Ain't gonna touch it

0 chances of enbloc too... Unless back to FEO at a song....

Look like launching today
    around $3200psf

they were giving out wine and champagne at the launch in the evening.

COLD. seriously quiet and really no business....

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    they were giving out wine and champagne at the launch in the evening.

COLD. seriously quiet and really no business....
    just received sms from agent. 1bedroom disappearing fast. all 2bedroom that are launched sold out.

wah so confusing....

one say cold and the other sounds so HOT

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    just received sms from agent. 1bedroom disappearing fast. all 2bedroom that are launched sold out.
    most likely booked by indons and ah tiongs via the phone. majority of singaporeans are staying away from luxury condos and waiting....and waiting....patiently....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    wah so confusing....

one say cold and the other sounds so HOT
    i was at the launch yesterday....the showroom was cold like a fridge and luckily they gave me wine to warm me up....but still, my heart did not flutter and they drew a big cross on my cheque....LOL

Luckily, I did not go, otherwise, may hv to bring winter clothings lor.
    IMHO, it is overpriced, and how to find tenants for a gross yield of 3.5%?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Luckily, I did not go, otherwise, may hv to bring winter clothings lor.
    IMHO, it is overpriced, and how to find tenants for a gross yield of 3.5%?
    laguna, those who buy are probably the obscenely rich who just want the title deed...collecting D9 properties...u know like monopoly and not concerned about yield at all. they are buying for their baobao and baobeis...and these people are usually thinking 2020 and beyond.

Sail launched at 900psf in the past anyway, now $22xxpsf. looking forward, maybe Scotts Tower could be $6xxxpsf in 2020. haha.

i wonder if the buyers know they r paying for a 103LH ppty sitting on a FH land for 3200psf?

laguna, those who buy are probably the obscenely rich who just want the title deed...collecting D9 properties...u know like monopoly and not concerned about yield at all. they are buying for their baobao and baobeis...and these people are usually thinking 2020 and beyond.

Sail launched at 900psf in the past anyway, now $22xxpsf. looking forward, maybe Scotts Tower could be $6xxxpsf in 2020. haha.
    LOL, if that is the case, I will not be able to count the number of millionaire in Sg alr....

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    LOL, if that is the case, I will not be able to count the number of millionaire in Sg alr....
    by tat time we shd seriously considering selling everything and migrate

sounds like Japan bubble.....hehe

l...........

Isnt the government planning to build a pond to collect rainwater in Orchard Road? Soon there will be an Orchard Bay. Yup prices will triple.

How come Teddybear isnt collecting Scotts road condos? or He prefers Paterson road condos the best.

i was at the launch yesterday....the showroom was cold like a fridge and luckily they gave me wine to warm me up....but still, my heart did not flutter and they drew a big cross on my cheque....LOL
    No flashy car to attract agents anymore. Agents still entertain you?