Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scala - 99 years leasehold by Hong Leong Holdings

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    once it is near MRT, renting out is not an issue. in bad time people dont care about views but savings on transport and convenience if they have to give up their car.

once your wife pregnant .. and complain MRT too hot, crowded, smelly .. even if you live INSIDE the MRT station ... once she complains, or once you have a baby ... you will get a car ..

this holds true for a big pct of the population

agree and well said. But I am just saying IF (no choice!) if you are out of job, one of the thing need to forgo is CAR.

ok lah, i got 5 cars and decided to sell 4 leaving behind 1 Japanese made car..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    once your wife pregnant .. and complain MRT too hot, crowded, smelly .. even if you live INSIDE the MRT station ... once she complains, or once you have a baby ... you will get a car ..

agree and well said. But I am just saying IF (no choice!) if you are out of job, one of the thing need to forgo is CAR.
    thats true ..

if out of job ..better dont get pregnant also ...

i know of people ..living near mrt .. main line .. got retrenched .. still kept the car .. reason: need to go around for interview .. if i arrived sweaty ..how to get a job ?

Maybe should start buying landed since so many buying condos now..

ok lah, i got 5 cars and decided to sell 4 leaving behind 1 Japanese made car..

hahahah

now i know why your name R-Drama

i 2 cars already kana scolded by my bros .. in the end i passed one to my brother to use ..

Maybe should start buying landed since so many buying condos now..

i am a contrarian

people buy MM i buy big unit

people buy LH i buy FH

people buy condo i buy landed

people buy near MRT i buy those without

why ? i also practise a bit of propertism ..

in time to come :

big units will be a rarity
    FH will be a rarity
    landed will be a rarity
    quiet/non crowded areas will be a rarity ( no need MRT, cos my theory is every household will still have a car)

that one confirm have to buy car. gynae all have clinics that are typically not near MRT station.

i am a contrarian

people buy LH i buy FH

in time to come :

FH will be a rarity
    landed will be a rarity
    quiet/non crowded areas will be a rarity ( no need MRT, cos my theory is every household will still have a car)
    what i believe in is all properties will go up...just a matter of which goes up more and which faster. That's my Singapore!

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    that one confirm have to buy car. gynae all have clinics that are typically not near MRT station.

we are supposed to get healthiery stronger etc

my mom didnt really have a gynae ..

my dad didnt have a car until we were in primary school

MRT was unheard of

our house was in a kumpong ... had to walk 30 minutes to the nearest bus stop or main road to flag a cab ..

are men and particularly women getting weaker now ?

You are quite right. Good job.

I used to change car every 1 to 3 years. I am not exactly good in car but like the built quality of the new models.

I only embarked on property last year and realized that this is where I should place my $$. Thats why I am in this forum.

hahahah

now i know why your name R-Drama

i 2 cars already kana scolded by my bros .. in the end i passed one to my brother to use ..

You are quite right. Good job.

I used to change car every 1 to 3 years. I am not exactly good in car but like the built quality of the new models.

I only embarked on property last year and realized that this is where I should place my $$. Thats why I am in this forum.

you are not wrong in the past ...

singaporean businessmen very $$ eyes ...

you drive a Daihatsu to show flat .. no 'hue' you ..

you drive a european car ..the jaga at the car park entrace direct you and greet you

MRT was unheard of

our house was in a kumpong ... had to walk 30 minutes to the nearest bus stop or main road to flag a cab ..

the mindset that we want to give the best to our loved ones and children drives it all. last time, even though our folks want to do it, they didn't have the $$...

you sounds like an old nagging, say something about future lah.

I reminded me I need to walk 8 bus stops from my landed LH home to my primary school in Lim Chu Kang. Now the area is with the army. REally miss it.

MRT was unheard of

you drive a european car ..the jaga at the car park entrace direct you and greet you

same with some sellers i believe, you drive daihatsu and say they should sell at zero COV, they think you crazy. you drive a merz and say they should sell at zero COV, they think you very sharp to spot the market turning down. same advice, different presentation, results in very different response.

I don't have a driving licence yet....

tats why drive BMW and bring maid when go show flat. Sure open door big big and smile big big. But then sign in as HDB address, their face abit twisted. haha

tats why drive BMW and bring maid when go show flat. Sure open door big big and small big big. But then sign in as HDB address, their face abit twisted. haha
    ha, depends on the crowd, if big crowd, yeah, bored by half, if no viewers, don't worry, they'll be very patient with you. you're the black swan case who might just be their lucky ticket for another closed deal.

tats why drive BMW and bring maid when go show flat. Sure open door big big and smile big big. But then sign in as HDB address, their face abit twisted. haha
    ahahah true true

once i drove there ..the jaga directed me where to park etc and ran after me to guide me further ..

i think i shocked him when i came out of the car ..wearing shorts and slippers ...

anyway going back to Scala .. i was a NYJCian .. i dont really find the surrounding any attractive ..

well i am not a shopper ..so the malls, Chomp chomp (cannot get a seat) are no attraction to me ..

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I don't have a driving licence yet....
    no worries ... tong pang a friend who is driving lah ..

It holds true for scala project here. You drive 7 series agent no hue cos so many checks on hand liao.

Anyway, when I view projects, I always look at downside risk, for eg, how to off load the unit in time of crisis, is it too conservative?

makan place spore everywhere also have

each will have its famous stall

if tahts the case .. then as long as theres a mall there ..it will chiong ..

like that everywhere in spore will be 1200-1500 psf in no time ..

ponggol .. woodlands ... changi point ... tuas ...

this is very scary ..
    y u so worry??? i am enjoying the HOT HOT sales even though i nvr buy any unit there....my existing ppty will benefit from it indirectly

MARKET CHIONG ARGH!!!! I WILL BE CONTENTED WITH ANOTHER 30% INCREASE FROM HERE B4 NEXT CORRECTION/CRASH

If I am the agent, I will not under mind people wearing shorts and slippers......tow kay leh, can afford not to go office.....

ahahah true true

once i drove there ..the jaga directed me where to park etc and ran after me to guide me further ..

i think i shocked him when i came out of the car ..wearing shorts and slippers ...

anyway going back to Scala .. i was a NYJCian .. i dont really find the surrounding any attractive ..

well i am not a shopper ..so the malls, Chomp chomp (cannot get a seat) are no attraction to me ..

the locality is great, but i get the sense that people are starting to lose some sense of proportion. LH next to MRT is now like 1200psf min for a 2 bedder.

Wow. I am surprised - 99LH in a non descript location can sell at $1400psf and still snapped up like hot cakes. Now Ang Moh Kio Centro seems cheap - at least Ang Moh Kio has more personality Even driving to work from here would be a nightmare. I presume have to go through CTE?

So looks like selling points are:-

1) Got MRT station (but then a lot of 99Lh condos also got MRT station. Some more this circle line is a stupid line that goes in a circle that leads no where.)

2) Got eating places 2 MRT stops away (but then 2 MRT stops away is like comparing Bishan and Novena right? 2 MRT stops = very far)

3) Got international school (Is this Aljunied GRC where residents were upset about low class workers dormitory? The MP will ensure dormitories will not open door near your estate but in Ang Mo Kio. The MP will ensure you will not mix around with foreign workers but only high class white skin foreigners - that's why international schools are here. )

4) Very tiny units which keep quantum small (As long as quantum cheap, living area doesn't matter).

That about sums up the appeal of the area When Terrene did so well, I could understand because it is at least freehold. This 99LH Scala? Really sala leh! But who cares - for suburban property owners, it means huat ar!

singaporeans will not give up their cars ...

ERP, ERP everywhere .. traffic improved ..only on school holidays ..

COE up and up ..still people buy cars ..

MRT stations everywehere ..COE still up ..

its a 'fresh trend' to be near MRT ..and say that " I will stop driving now that i live next to MRT" .. give it a few mths/yrs ..will still buy car ..
    we r toking about rentals/tenants.

if D9,10,11....FH is ur cup....perhaps u can make the D9,10,11 thread more active,....it is quite dead now

u will be happier to tok about ur CUP rather den spewing negativities over 99LH/MRT/HDB ?

i am a contrarian

people buy LH i buy FH

in time to come :

FH will be a rarity
    landed will be a rarity
    i tink its not bcoz ppl dunwan to buy FH big units...got $..can afford 3-5mil ppty...will these buyers hoot The Scala? out of 10millionaires...perhaps only 1 is super high heeled like ppty_owner....not many in tat category....not to mention this is a forum....rarely u will find super filthy richies participating here.....i wud say most forummers over here/internet r the younger generation perhaps 30-40 form the majority.....how many forummers here got the bullet/ammo to hoot big big FH units?

obviously, u r in the wrong forum....u shd form an exclusive ppty forum which toks about prime big units FH ppty....many of us including me....dun even dare to step into posh orchard road showflats....one big big unit can cost more den all my ppty added up

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    the locality is great, but i get the sense that people are starting to lose some sense of proportion. LH next to MRT is now like 1200psf min for a 2 bedder.
    dun forget is FEO who came out 1st with Centro at AMK

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Wow. I am surprised - 99LH in a non descript location can sell at $1400psf and still snapped up like hot cakes. Now Ang Moh Kio Centro seems cheap - at least Ang Moh Kio has more personality Even driving to work from here would be a nightmare. I presume have to go through CTE?

So looks like selling points are:-

1) Got MRT station (but then a lot of 99Lh condos also got MRT station. Some more this circle line is a stupid line that goes in a circle that leads no where.)

2) Got eating places 2 MRT stops away (but then 2 MRT stops away is like comparing Bishan and Novena right? 2 MRT stops = very far)

3) Got international school (Is this Aljunied GRC where residents were upset about low class workers dormitory? The MP will ensure dormitories will not open door near your estate but in Ang Mo Kio. The MP will ensure you will not mix around with foreign workers but only high class white skin foreigners - that's why international schools are here. )

4) Very tiny units which keep quantum small (As long as quantum cheap, living area doesn't matter).

That about sums up the appeal of the area When Terrene did so well, I could understand because it is at least freehold. This 99LH Scala? Really sala leh! But who cares - for suburban property owners, it means huat ar!
    u dun own any LH ppty now rite?

i have LH, FH, new, resale/old....but i cannot afford big big units FH in orchard, BIg big landed GCBs or even bungalows in sentosa...any of them cost 5mil+++ at least...me and my frens always say...SIAO AR.......spend 5mil...10mil(how to find a tenant to cover ur mthly installment)...OR 38mil for a 99LH bungalow in sentosa!!! CRAZY ARGH!!!

it seems tat ppl loves to use the HIGHEST PSF to tok down a project......den they tend to use LOWEST PSF to tok up another

Quote Originally Posted by august
    dun forget is FEO who came out 1st with Centro at AMK
    well that wasn't sold out in a day, this was! so why isn't centro sold out yet? they hoarding the bulk of their units? market's already caught up with the initial sales price.