Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scala - 99 years leasehold by Hong Leong Holdings

appreciate your efforts in putting up the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Just came back from the showflat. There are studio, 2bedder and 3 bedder for you to see. Most of those released were sold, including my targeted stack 13. Anyway the word to describe the place is claustrophobic.

The common room is ultra small, can only fit a standard single bed. The 2 bedder's common room was join up with the master bedroom to give an illusion of space.

The studio showflat gave me an idea how small my 8@W studio will be...

Just came back from the showflat. There are studio, 2bedder and 3 bedder for you to see. Most of those released were sold, including my targeted stack 13. Anyway the word to describe the place is claustrophobic.

The common room is ultra small, can only fit a standard single bed. The 2 bedder's common room was join up with the master bedroom to give an illusion of space.

The studio showflat gave me an idea how small my 8@W studio will be...
    thanks for the pics, az..
    8@W studio (no balcony but have BW) is cheaper..
    Not sure what singlehood can do with balcony... lighting fags or keep spiders?

Less the balcony, then should be sama in size le...

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    July really shaping up to be a pretty solid month.
    Seems like buyers trying to snap up units before 7th lunar month which starts on 10 August. Based on the good sales figures from 368, Terrene, WF Gold, Minton, Haig 162 and now Scala, chow chow can hit 900 units and probably will yi wah exceed 1000 units in July

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Seems like buyers trying to snap up units before 7th lunar month which starts on 10 August. Based on the good sales figures from 368, Terrene, WF Gold, Minton, Haig 162 and now Scala, chow chow can hit 900 units and probably will yi wah exceed 1000 units in July
    my July guess (include Scala sales in July) 1200 units

ok here is my update!!

as of now: all 1 and 2bedders GONE!!! left 2+study onwards.

I was quoted 1bedder from 12xxpsf and 2bedder from 10xx-1100psf

the layout for 1bedder is goodie...min wastage except for the balcony to those who find it redundant. but 12xxpsf....no i will not bite unless it is stack 26 or 5...anyway when i reach there, all 1bedders r gone! so u can say i sour grape lor

furnishing quite good for mass market standard ....but hey...at 1kpsf++ cannot really jusitfy mass market anymore? hehe

agree the common bedroom for 2/3 bedder r so damn smallllllllllll even without baywindows...and they provide swing door type of wardrobe for common bedrooms....shd just install sliding door types to save up some space

when i was checking the prices: i found out one very interesting thing!!! the ground flr 2bedder unit with patio of size 958sqft was selling at around 920k and one floor up at 850sqft was selling at 970k!!!!! save 50k and yet get 108sqft of free patio!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!

too bad.... when units r release for the public without prior chq submission....tat unit is GONE!!!!!! 03-17.....i was actually preparing my chq!!!!!

so guys...check out for other available ground flr units at other stacks if u r keen b4 u commit on higher floors

Nowadays people scared of ground floor units...wait flood waters come and destroy your house haa haa...

Nowadays people scared of ground floor units...wait flood waters come and destroy your house haa haa...
    tat unit was on elevated land tats y it is not 01-17 but 03-17 (2 floors higher den NYJC...if flood, NYJC kena first..haha)

anyway, snap up by others ...end of story

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    tat unit was on elevated land tats y it is not 01-17 but 03-17 (2 floors higher den NYJC...if flood, NYJC kena first..haha)

anyway, snap up by others ...end of story

ahaha.. miss the boat literally.

I am curious to know... why the prices of this scared lah.... is more expansive than some FH projects? Arn't FH projects better? Is MRT the magic? Asked for fun for other readers as I have my own answers. But I would appreciate if anyone else can share too. My answers may not be the same...

Help help....

Went to showflat this evening. All 1, 2, 3+study and 4 bedroom units are sold out. Left 2+study and 3 rooms. Prices around $1200psf. Understand 1 bdrms up to $1400psf. $ so high and still so many people waiting to buy (many in showflat and many more in tent outside, even after 6pm). Hats off to Hong Leong for a great job, as always.

Was there in the afternoon, saw a few ang mos buying also....hrmmm...

So how many of the 468 units were released today?

When you mentioned "All 1, 2, 3+study and 4 bedroom units are sold out", does it mean all of the total or all of the launched units?

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    So how many of the 468 units were released today?

When you mentioned "All 1, 2, 3+study and 4 bedroom units are sold out", does it mean all of the total or all of the launched units?
    Total. All units were released by developer.

Wow, I expected 1 and 2 bedders to be sold out but I didn't expect the 3+1 and 4 to go as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i thought upgraders is where the power is since hdb is so well supported?

quantum is "affordable", guess hdb upgraders does not care so much about psf as was the case with the hdbs they sold. quantum more impt to them.

looking only at Quantum and Not PSF is a big mistake ..

i made that mistake once in 2006 .. regret till today .. learned my lesson already

Thought the estuary is already mad enough, sold out in over a month though developer released in 2 phases.
    But this is even more mad than I expected. Although no view to talk about but very good location.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    I am curious to know... why the prices of this scared lah.... is more expansive than some FH projects? Arn't FH projects better? Is MRT the magic? Asked for fun for other readers as I have my own answers. But I would appreciate if anyone else can share too. My answers may not be the same...

Help help....
    MRT convenience is a must for upgraders ~

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Thought the estuary is already mad enough, sold out in over a month though developer released in 2 phases.
    But this is even more mad than I expected. Although no view to talk about but very good location.

apart from the MRT ... what amenities are there ? thats within walking distance ?

the cafe in the old office/factory looking building acorss the street ?
    NYJC canteen ? NYJC jogging track ?

seriously ..any nearby amenities ?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    MRT convenience is a must for upgraders ~
    can also command higher rental premium...

Help help....
    Why? Because that FH is one BIG street away from MRT station and it is just at door step for The Scala.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    looking only at Quantum and Not PSF is a big mistake ..

i made that mistake once in 2006 .. regret till today .. learned my lesson already
    This is another mistake again... Don't commit just because of psf.

What kind of mistake that you made in 2006? Isn't anythings you buy then, is double or triple now?

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Why? Because that FH is one BIG street away from MRT station and it is just at door step for The Scala.
    thats really silly mentality ...

but unfortunately ..its brutally true ...

apart from the MRT ... what amenities are there ? thats within walking distance ?

the cafe in the old office/factory looking building acorss the street ?
    NYJC canteen ? NYJC jogging track ?

I believe people don't mind taking one MRT down to Bishan J8, or one MRT to Nexus, or a short drive to Chomp Chomp, a short drive to upp serangoon to get that graving durian, or a short drive to the surrounding industial parks (eg AMK, Toa Payah, ......), so many good schools around, .....

the location is better than the hot bedok reservoir waterfront series, and the mrt is already existing! and price is about the same...

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn
    Total. All units were released by developer.
    woohoo!!! congrats to CDL once again!

A brand new mega shopping mall is opening end of this year in Serangoon MRT. That's 1 (or is it 2?) MRT away, or 10 mins away by car. So u cannot say there is nothing there. Qwek is no stupid to bid that land at $530 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    A brand new mega shopping mall is opening end of this year in Serangoon MRT. That's 1 (or is it 2?) MRT away, or 10 mins away by car. So u cannot say there is nothing there. Qwek is no stupid to bid that land at $530 psf.

makan place spore everywhere also have

each will have its famous stall

if tahts the case .. then as long as theres a mall there ..it will chiong ..

like that everywhere in spore will be 1200-1500 psf in no time ..

ponggol .. woodlands ... changi point ... tuas ...

this is very scary ..

The end of the world is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    This is another mistake again... Don't commit just because of psf.

What kind of mistake that you made in 2006? Isn't anythings you buy then, is double or triple now?
    not just 1200-1400 psf for lor chuan ridiculous ..it is 99LH as well .. I AM A FH MAN

personally i wont pay for that location .. like i said i rather pay 1850 psf for river valley ...

what mistake i made in 2006 ? i saw a 3600 sqft unit FH condo .. the quantum frightened me off .. but i failed to see that the PSF was just slightly higher than marine parade HDB ..

while now looking at Scala .. 1100-1400 psf LH .. IF that is going to be the base psf for that area shouldnt the FH be a better deal ?

wouldnt 1700-2000 at D9/10 a better deal ?

once it is near MRT, renting out is not an issue. in bad time people dont care about views but savings on transport and convenience if they have to give up their car.

Help help....

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    once it is near MRT, renting out is not an issue. in bad time people dont care about views but savings on transport and convenience if they have to give up their car.
    singaporeans will not give up their cars ...

ERP, ERP everywhere .. traffic improved ..only on school holidays ..

COE up and up ..still people buy cars ..

MRT stations everywehere ..COE still up ..

its a 'fresh trend' to be near MRT ..and say that " I will stop driving now that i live next to MRT" .. give it a few mths/yrs ..will still buy car ..