Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scala - 99 years leasehold by Hong Leong Holdings

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i not willing to match developer's price partly bcoz its a boutique devt and pool only 15m...but quite value for $ for own stay lah due to small quantum....
    Is pool size just a personal preference for you, or do you use it as part of your assessment if a condo's a worthy investment?

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    Is pool size just a personal preference for you, or do you use it as part of your assessment if a condo's a worthy investment?
    bcoz i will be buying it as an investment mah...i dun mind 15m puny pool and others will mind rite? i am only attracted to its low quantum and reasonable psf lor...how to find 8xxk new project 3bedder at tat area...was tinking if can get it cheap...mabe 2yrs later can make some $ when it TOP?

pool size, apt vs condo status, number of units blah blah will affect the price appreciation...rental etc mah.

definitely boutique apts must sell cheaper den condo with full facilities and 50m pool rite?

bcoz i will be buying it as an investment mah...i dun mind 15m puny pool and others will mind rite? i am only attracted to its low quantum and reasonable psf lor...how to find 8xxk new project 3bedder at tat area...was tinking if can get it cheap...mabe 2yrs later can make some $ when it TOP?

pool size, apt vs condo status, number of units blah blah will affect the price appreciation...rental etc mah.

definitely boutique apts must sell cheaper den condo with full facilities and 50m pool rite?
    I think for the pool definitely needs a minimum size, it'll be pretty crap if I just kick off 1 wall and reach the other end liao. But I'm just thinking if it's a 20-25m pool with +/-100units vs 50m pool with 300-400 units not much diff. Same ratio of sweat and pee vs water haha. you know what I mean la. I just see u mention pool size often that's why i asked.

I see you mentioned apt vs condo also. i know last time foreigners cannot buy apt, only condo, but I believe no more such restrictions right? Correct me if I'm wrong pls. So are you talking more of the actual land area, rather than the apt vs condo status? Apt status is up to 45k I think.

But definitely a lack of other facilities like tennis courts or a good expanse of landscaping to walk around would make a significant difference to pricing.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Pool definitely needs to be at least 25m lah, otherwise 3 strokes reach the other end doesn't seem like for humans (for dogs may be)?
    Obviously, 100+/- units need a >=25mx5m pool. 400+/- units can get >=50mx10m or not (otherwise pool water over-whelmed by sweat & pee?). Seems like nowsadays cannot get so big pool unless the development got like 1000+/- units? For 1000+/- units I would expect like >=50mx25m?

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    I think for the pool definitely needs a minimum size, it'll be pretty crap if I just kick off 1 wall and reach the other end liao. But I'm just thinking if it's a 20-25m pool with +/-100units vs 50m pool with 300-400 units not much diff. Same ratio of sweat and pee vs water haha. you know what I mean la. I just see u mention pool size often that's why i asked.

I see you mentioned apt vs condo also. i know last time foreigners cannot buy apt, only condo, but I believe no more such restrictions right? Correct me if I'm wrong pls. So are you talking more of the actual land area, rather than the apt vs condo status? Apt status is up to 45k I think.

But definitely a lack of other facilities like tennis courts or a good expanse of landscaping to walk around would make a significant difference to pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Pool definitely needs to be at least 25m lah, otherwise 3 strokes reach the other end doesn't seem like for humans (for dogs may be)? ?
    Haha.. are you the agent I went to a landed for viewing?

There's a 15m lap pool in it.. and the agent mentioned.. this one i think cannot swim in ... I think you can let your koi fishes swim there lah..

haha.. i burst out laughing.. agent also can say that type of things on the house..

This is not a bad project. Just got to find the right stack. Height may not differ much as view is limited.

Not much of a view all kanna blocked by neighbouring condos and JC. However if not blocked by Chiltern park (and high enough) they might have a view of the city (coz after chiltern park is all landed).

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    This is not a bad project. Just got to find the right stack. Height may not differ much as view is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Not much of a view all kanna blocked by neighbouring condos and JC. However if not blocked by Chiltern park (and high enough) they might have a view of the city (coz after chiltern park is all landed).
    Regardless, I reckon it will sell like hotcakes.

The site plan looks like an animal with a horn, or even an elephant with its trunk pointing upwards. Is the preview this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The site plan looks like an animal with a horn, or even an elephant with its trunk pointing upwards. Is the preview this weekend?
    heard that its early next week.... better throw cheques early else going.. going... gone... haha

i'm just wondering how tight are the bedrooms?? just over 1000sqft to contain 3 bedrooms? hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i'm just wondering how tight are the bedrooms?? just over 1000sqft to contain 3 bedrooms? hmm...
    This is still acceptable in today's standard. The smaller 3 bedder in 8@woodleigh is 958sqft. About the size of a hdb 4 room flat.
    http://www.8woodleigh.sg/bedroom3.html

This is still acceptable in today's standard. The smaller 3 bedder in 8@woodleigh is 958sqft. About the size of a hdb 4 room flat.
    http://www.8woodleigh.sg/bedroom3.html

what to do ???

the property market this round is supported by upgraders ..

upgrade from HDB to condo ... 958 sqft is already what these upgraders are used to .. so effectivelky they are paying for swimming pool, security guards and car park ..

so why non upgraders want to 'downgrade' ??

why compete with upgraders for MM uints? leave it to them ..

non HDB upgraders should upgrade to better location, bigger units ..

i repeat .. if everyone buys MM unit .. the more one should buy BIG units ..

HL is hoping for this to be a bull-mah which will likely to be because of the MRT.

Last time 80% stay in HDB and 20% stay in private. It is about half of the 80% that intend to jump ship to private, but due to financial constraint got to go for MM units.

As the chinese saying going no fish, prawn also good. and this is the prawn mah.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    what to do ???

upgrade from HDB to condo ... 958 sqft is already what these upgraders are used to .. so effectivelky they are paying for swimming pool, security guards and car park ..

i tot statistics shown tat MM units less den 500sqft consists only ard 9% of the total sales volume so far...?

i aso hope my big units can appreciate more wor...

but it is still better to follow the trend ...if trend later on change to big units, we still got time to hoot more big units n jus nid to monitor very closely and be real quick....small fishes always safer to go with the flow...

We are following the footsteps of Tokyo and Hong Kong. The only difference is our public housing is the moderator until recent years where it is beyond its control.

We are following the footsteps of Tokyo and Hong Kong. The only difference is our public housing is the moderator until recent years where it is beyond its control.
    Primary cause : Human GREED

we r part of the game and can be considered as culprits

imagine everyone so frenly, caring and loving....

we sell our house just based on bank valuation...HDB no COV...den will not have such problems in the first place...

BUT SELLERS ALWAYS ASK FOR HIGHER PRICE

That is life! We are just trying to create a well for the next generation.

That is life! We are just trying to create a well for the next generation.
    hehe...more like creating a well for 'your' own generation...

poor gets poorer...rich dad poor dad

Sure! It has to meet individual needs before sharing with others. Look at Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Jet Li, etc,

imagine what happens if owners can only sell at bank valuation or less and not more.

Primary cause : Human GREED

we r part of the game and can be considered as culprits

imagine everyone so frenly, caring and loving....

we sell our house just based on bank valuation...HDB no COV...den will not have such problems in the first place...

BUT SELLERS ALWAYS ASK FOR HIGHER PRICE

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    imagine what happens if owners can only sell at bank valuation or less and not more.
    mabe GLS shd just set a fixed price or even a capped price...haha

den by draw lot/balloting....

or buy HDB at XX price...when u sell must only sell at original price...haha or best still, dun allow to SELL AT ALL...ENFORCED PROPERTISM

all care and share! CARE BEAR!

Might be interested in stack 13 829sqft 2 bedder. But must see the price first.... which i think is beyond my budget.

Might be interested in stack 13 829sqft 2 bedder. But must see the price first.... which i think is beyond my budget.
    how abt mm...heard from 1200psf?

how abt mm...heard from 1200psf?
    I am trying to upgrade from MM ...

I am trying to upgrade from MM ...
    mabe get a resale 2bedder instead which may fall within ur budget

Hmm. Actually HDB flats are quite big in size. For instance, I believe 5 room flats and executive flats are between 1250 to 1600 sq ft? Everytime I see home decor magazines, the 5 room HDB and above looks spacious! Most upgraders probably come from 5 room and above. In fact, those HDB flat upgraders are usually the ones who complain the condo hall and bedroom are too small because they're used to good-size HDB flats with no wastage like planter and huge aircon ledge. So not true that upgraders are used to 900 sq ft 3 bedders. More like condo dwellers who are already used to such cramped environment

Looks like we may have cages like in Hong Kong in the not-too-distant future. BTW, the cages in HK fetches the highest PSF. So those MM areas that cannot squeeze out higher PSF may go down the "cages" route. Maybe $2500psf for a 100 sq ft cage in D15 in the not too distant future?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    what to do ???

But they are concentrated in a few areas. So if you segregate by areas, I'm sure some districts will have a very high percentage of MM in recent developers sales. Perhaps >50%.

i tot statistics shown tat MM units less den 500sqft consists only ard 9% of the total sales volume so far...?

i aso hope my big units can appreciate more wor...

but it is still better to follow the trend ...if trend later on change to big units, we still got time to hoot more big units n jus nid to monitor very closely and be real quick....small fishes always safer to go with the flow...

Yah...I think many will prefer to stay in the cage within the city then to wake up early everyday and squeeze in sardine tubes to go to work and to go home...wasting 2-3hrs of their life everyday.