Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 368 Thomson (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Raintree best for peaceful lovers

BUT mabe birds chirping and other funny noises made by animals/insects etc cud be a problem as well?

teddyb: yes less audible, not completely dun have ~~

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    So in low floor units, the "downstairs noise" you mentioned already drowned out the expressway traffic noise? (not that the expressway traffic noise becomes smaller than high floor units but rather, it is that in low floor units the expressway traffic noise is lower than that of the louder & closer "downstairs noise"!)
    theory very chimp

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I am most scare of strange noises like insects chirping, frogs croaking, dogs howling (traditional saying is that they saw the 4-dimension things), monkeys "mating" in the forest beside raintree?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Raintree best for peaceful lovers

BUT mabe birds chirping and other funny noises made by animals/insects etc cud be a problem as well?

Each of us has a different threshold for noise. Someone who stays in a very quiet place will find the noise from an expressway unbearable. Never have a unit infront of the water feature or children's pool. You want to rest on weekend and the noise from the splashing of the water and children shouting and screaming can be annoying. Pls pardon me, I love kids.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Each of us has a different threshold for noise. Someone who stays in a very quiet place will find the noise from an expressway unbearable. Never have a unit infront of the water feature or children's pool. You want to rest on weekend and the noise from the splashing of the water and children shouting and screaming can be annoying. Pls pardon me, I love kids.
    If they are your own kids, the noises will be music to your ears right

water feature so bad meh? every weekend when i wake to that pik pik piak piak, it sounded very resort leh & therapy effect during the evening when i return home .

i believe long stretch of road is the worst, bikers & boy racers will wake u up in the middle of the night with their exhaust.

read the signs... first see the launches... many rush to launch means good price/market/opportunity. It also means it would drop later. If it would not drop later, why rush? Get it?

Next take the take up rate with a pinch of salt, lots of it... it is no secret that developers buy up some of their units for sale in the subsale or resale market.

In normal times to boomz time, buy only if u need a roof over your head.

In crisis time, take you pick... you have a golden egg at hand if you choose correctly. That's the time for smart investors.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    If they are your own kids, the noises will be music to your ears right
    What do you think if you are listening to classical music and the kids are screaming? Do you think it will still be music?

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    read the signs... first see the launches... many rush to launch means good price/market/opportunity. It also means it would drop later. If it would not drop later, why rush? Get it?

Next take the take up rate with a pinch of salt, lots of it... it is no secret that developers buy up some of their units for sale in the subsale or resale market.

In crisis time, take you pick... you have a golden egg at hand if you choose correctly. That's the time for smart investors.
    Do not quite get your statemengt "buy only if u need a roof over your head"? Property owner would have lots of heads.

Do not quite get your statemengt "buy only if u need a roof over your head"? Property owner would have lots of heads.
    That means Property_Owner is not a "smart investor" because he has 40 properties although he does not have 40 heads.

Where are the "smart investors"?

They can be found in another forum called "The Straits Times Complainers' Forum". They have been there for the past 30 years waiting for the Government to "bring property prices down".

I mean its harder to find bargains now. But if you wait till after correction.. sure win one. He has 40+, u ask him if he is selling or has sold some in the past 6 to 12 months. My guess is that he did, why? take profit lor

Default 368 Thomson vs. Vista Residences

I dropped by Vista residences as well when I visited the showflat of 368 thomson. It is interesting to see the difference in response with such good take up rate at 368 thomson compared to Vista though Vista has more facilities than 368 thomson.

Anyone visited the Vista residences? Any views?

I mean its harder to find bargains now. But if you wait till after correction.. sure win one. He has 40+, u ask him if he is selling or has sold some in the past 6 to 12 months. My guess is that he did, why? take profit lor
    for ppl with many ppty...its normal for them to sell a few and store ammo..even if ppty continue to run up for 50% or even 200%....its fine for them simply bcoz they still hold many ppty

for those who do not have any ppty now...got spare cash to buy 1mil ppty...how?

dun buy now....u r betting tat next low will be lower den today's price. time is precious...imagine u r oredi 40yo....wait another 5yrs...45yrs...ur loan tenure gets shorter and shorter....when u hit 55yo...max tenure only 15yrs which may even nid to appeal.....and 15yrs tenure vs 30yrs tenure got HUGE difference in installment amount....

u r risking with TIME....and dun forget....wat if sm1 who wait and wait and miss the next correction again.....i am sure many waited since 2007 for market to correct but did not buy anything last yr

for ppl with many ppty...its normal for them to sell a few and store ammo..even if ppty continue to run up for 50% or even 200%....its fine for them simply bcoz they still hold many ppty

dun buy now....u r betting tat next low will be lower den today's price. time is precious...imagine u r oredi 40yo....wait another 5yrs...45yrs...ur loan tenure gets shorter and shorter....when u hit 55yo...max tenure only 15yrs which may even nid to appeal.....and 15yrs tenure vs 30yrs tenure got HUGE difference in installment amount....

u r risking with TIME....and dun forget....wat if sm1 who wait and wait and miss the next correction again.....i am sure many waited since 2007 for market to correct but did not buy anything last yr
    if you only have enuff for 1 more .. just get it ..

live in one .. rent out the other ..

hit your target level .. sell and take profit and move on to another better location or bigger unit ..

just always have (at least) 1 extra ..

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    I dropped by Vista residences as well when I visited the showflat of 368 thomson. It is interesting to see the difference in response with such good take up rate at 368 thomson compared to Vista though Vista has more facilities than 368 thomson.

Anyone visited the Vista residences? Any views?
    wats the prices at vista now?

cube & 368 got superior views...tats the main difference. city living+view is smthing many r yearning regardless of the noise lvl apparently

wats the prices at vista now?

cube & 368 got superior views...tats the main difference. city living+view is smthing many r yearning regardless of the noise lvl apparently
    actually true city living is not about the view ..but more about the location .. its convenience , its amenities .. proximity to all the happening places ..

while suburb living should be about the view, the fresh air, the serenity ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

hit your target level .. sell and take profit and move on to another better location or bigger unit ..

err...dun really get it

sell high buy high too....u got only one extra....sell it take profit and buy again? ended up with bigger debt? i wud rather keep it unless i dislike tat ppty or oredi old 99LH without much enbloc potential

for those looking for a roof now....they dun haf much choice now...perhaps buy smthing smaller and lower in quantum to lower the risk exposure

but if u got spare cash....will u invest in ppty now or wait(assuming u only got 1ppty which is for self stay)

actually true city living is not about the view ..but more about the location .. its convenience , its amenities .. proximity to all the happening places ..

while suburb living should be about the view, the fresh air, the serenity ..
    but bcoz city living rarely got views....when smthing is rare...u noe lah...

err...dun really get it

sell high buy high too....u got only one extra....sell it take profit and buy again? ended up with bigger debt? i wud rather keep it unless i dislike tat ppty or oredi old 99LH without much enbloc potential

for those looking for a roof now....they dun haf much choice now...perhaps buy smthing smaller and lower in quantum to lower the risk exposure

but if u got spare cash....will u invest in ppty now or wait(assuming u only got 1ppty which is for self stay)
    sell, take profit .. top up and move to better location ..even if it costs more ..

assuming i have spare cash and only have 1 property which i am living in now .. i will wait ...

sell, take profit .. top up and move to better location ..even if it costs more ..

assuming i have spare cash and only have 1 property which i am living in now .. i will wait ...
    wise words indeed.. the advanced and seasoned investor.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Knight
    What is the status now? What unit left?
    I know there's a last unit of 4 bedder left, #04-05 (1722sft).

erm, do u mean wait to buy the 2nd property or wait to sell current property?

i've only 1 property currently but looking to another as investment. visited vista residences. the road to proj. like very heavy -> Jln Datoh via Jln Dusun. wonder if value of balestier properties should be compared on same basis as thomson address even if it's just a road away?

ACtually i read somewhere, the earlier u invest in property (unless at a peak - like those highlighted in the papers) the better because of a longer loan repayment period and higher compounding effects.

But now really is an unprecedented recovery, so fast after the recession, is this the top (as it has already exceeded highs) or is there still room to go is really anybody's guess ?

Bought a unit in Cube 8 for self stay. Current EC at woodlands already become private and fully-paid for. Initially thought of selling EC when Cube8 TOP to reduce the outstanding loan amount.

But realized that when Cube8 TOP, both me and my wife's SA and Medisave account will have reached contribution limit oredi (unless garmen make changes again). Will have more $ then in our OA to settle Cube8 downpayment without needing to come up cash.

As such, my revised plan is to rent the EC (current rent is around $2.5k) out for around 5 years and then sell it when price is right. Or sell Cube8 when the price becomes tempting.

Bought a unit in Cube 8 for self stay. Current EC at woodlands already become private and fully-paid for. Initially thought of selling EC when Cube8 TOP to reduce the outstanding loan amount.

But realized that when Cube8 TOP, both me and my wife's SA and Medisave account will have reached contribution limit oredi (unless garmen make changes again). Will have more $ then in our OA to settle Cube8 downpayment without needing to come up cash.

As such, my revised plan is to rent the EC (current rent is around $2.5k) out for around 5 years and then sell it when price is right. Or sell Cube8 when the price becomes tempting.
    see..... said it is so predictable... cube 8 for investment. Trust me... ur wife will not like it in cube 8.. so small.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    ACtually i read somewhere, the earlier u invest in property (unless at a peak - like those highlighted in the papers) the better because of a longer loan repayment period and higher compounding effects.

But now really is an unprecedented recovery, so fast after the recession, is this the top (as it has already exceeded highs) or is there still room to go is really anybody's guess ?
    2824, is your car plate number? Anyway we are at the peak... what happens after that? another peak? not likley, more like the reversal.

Even if it will continue to go up... its still buying at the peak lah... BUT buy peak when you are able to... we need more positive news !!!

see..... said it is so predictable... cube 8 for investment. Trust me... ur wife will not like it in cube 8.. so small.....
    Cube8 is primary for self-stay but then if price is right and very tempting, would of course seriously consider selling. So distinction between self-stay and investment may not necessary be that clear.

Also, me and my wife wanted a smaller unit than our current EC coz we dun need the additional space. Can you imagine that there are certain rooms/areas we do not step into for months. For example, maid's/common toilets, only go in and wipe/mop once a year .

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Woodland EC vs Cube 8 - I sure live in Cube 8 and rent out/sell Woodland EC. Smaller but much more convenient is ok. If your child need to go to good schools, then you will know the advantage of living in Cube 8.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Woodland EC vs Cube 8 - I sure live in Cube 8 and rent out/sell Woodland EC. Smaller but much more convenient is ok. If your child need to go to good schools, then you will know the advantage of living in Cube 8.
    Just the two of us and we work near novena/tanglin area. Will definitely save us $ on petrol and car maintenance fees Mean more sleep for us also No need to wake up early