Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 368 Thomson (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Received sms from agent this morning claiming only 4 3-bedder and 3 4-bedder left. But never mention the last penthouse so dunno whether sold or not.

Even if penthouse not sold, it means 95% sold liao Wee weeeee

What is the status now? What unit left?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Knight
    What is the status now? What unit left?
    Not sure. No more updates from agent. Have been driving pass the area and I think the showroom still open but no more in the evening already.

Sales should be seven seven eight eight by now

The marketing agent said left only 2 in yesterday night's chinese financial program.

So jlrx's thoery is .. if it is sold out.. the developer have mispriced it..

Maybe that is why developer dropped all the sky terrace and stuff (that was present in cube 8), they probably know that the location can sell itself.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    The marketing agent said left only 2 in yesterday night's chinese financial program.

But this project quite x oredi what On the preview day when all the 2-bedder were sold out, agent told me the transacted prices started from $1.2 million. If what the agent told me is true, the starting psf is between $1,359-1,376 for the lowest floor unit

How could it then be mispriced Compared to the 1989 example pointed out by jlrx where it was nearly sold out in a day, this project took more than 2 weeks to do so.

Last heard that only 10 units of the initial units launced at Terrene left as at yesterday. Dunno what the status for Waterfront Gold?

Seems like every projects north-south-east-west are selling like hotcakes

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Definitely they under-priced the project. Reasonable pricing should be that they can only sell 50% in 1 month and 95% in 6 months, especially when the project has no tennis court, no sky terrace etc.
    If learn from FEO means 1 year also cannot sell more than 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    But this project quite x oredi what On the preview day when all the 2-bedder were sold out, agent told me the transacted prices started from $1.2 million. If what the agent told me is true, the starting psf is between $1,359-1,376 for the lowest floor unit

How could it then be mispriced Compared to the 1989 example pointed out by jlrx where it was nearly sold out in a day, this project took more than 2 weeks to do so.

Last heard that only 10 units of the initial units launced at Terrene left as at yesterday. Dunno what the status for Waterfront Gold?

Seems like every projects north-south-east-west are selling like hotcakes

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Maybe that is why developer dropped all the sky terrace and stuff (that was present in cube 8), they probably know that the location can sell itself.
    368 & Cube 8 just separated by Tan Tong Meng. How much difference will that make besides the former is bounded by Balestier Road and the latter by PIE? Noise aside, location is sama sama since they share the same Thomson Road traffic and mostly similar views.

But kudos to CDL for selling 368 w/o sky villas at a much higher psf than cube 8

By just not being directly beside PIE is already a BIG difference! Have you ever stayed just beside the Expressway before?

368 & Cube 8 just separated by Tan Tong Meng. How much difference will that make besides the former is bounded by Balestier Road and the latter by PIE? Noise aside, location is sama sama since they share the same Thomson Road traffic and mostly similar views.

But kudos to CDL for selling 368 w/o sky villas at a much higher psf than cube 8

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Definitely they under-priced the project. Reasonable pricing should be that they can only sell 50% in 1 month and 95% in 6 months, especially when the project has no tennis court, no sky terrace etc.
    If learn from FEO means 1 year also cannot sell more than 90%.
    CDL seems like the gan cheong type. Their recent launches (treehouse, 100 trees, Cube 8 & 368) all sell-out very fast leh.

By just not being directly beside PIE is already a BIG difference! Have you ever stayed just beside the Expressway before?
    yes, there is a significant difference between facing a busy road vs expressway

But both of them i cannot tolerate for self stay....for investment case-by case basis lor

moreover, expressway noise is 24hrs

The lower level 2-bedder unit at Cube 8 facing thomson road (furtherest from PIE) fetched below $1.1 million according to URA. Big difference of over $100k from similar facing units at 368.

May be launching 6 months later gave 368 an edge in terms of pricing.

The lower level 2-bedder unit at Cube 8 facing thomson road (furtherest from PIE) fetched below $1.1 million according to URA. Big difference of over $100k from similar facing units at 368.

May be launching 6 months later gave 368 an edge in terms of pricing.
    it also cud be an rippling effect....since cube8 selling so well....ppl will tink tat area is HOT! Plus, media had been promoting tat project

Quote Originally Posted by focus

CDL had been too kind giving away their properties for a pittance. Remember CDL sold their Hong Leong Gardens for only a pittance and then had to buy it back from the enblockers to develop Hundred Trees.

CDL is giving away their family wealth to property buyers, whereas FEO practises PROPERTISM and releases its properties slowly to the market e.g. The Bayshore, Tanglin View etc.

PROPERTISM Rule No. 1 - Property prices always go up in the long term hence properties should only be bought and not sold.

Now I know why CDL's family networth is so much lower than FEO's. I remember 20 years ago, both CDL and FEO families were both billionaires with about the same wealth, but now FEO (US$8 billion) is much richer than CDL (US$1.2 billion). (Of course some people here might argue that most of their wealth is only on paper and they cannot go for holidays or buy fast cars until they realise their gains).

Ng Teng Fong Net Worth US$8 billion

Singapore billionaire Ng Teng Fong, the city-state’s richest man. He was born in a small village in Putain, Fujain, china on 2nd Feb-1928. He was the head and patriarch of the unlisted Far East Organization, one of the three largest developers in Singapore alongside CapitaLand and City Developments. And also the founder of Hong Kong developer Sino Land, now it is lead by his son Robert Ng. Now his net worth is $8billion.

Kwek Leng Beng Net Worth US$1.2 billion

Kwek Leng Beng is a singapore businessman. Kwek Leng Beng is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Singapore Management University. Kwek may own 88 hotels on four continents today and he is the Executive Chairman of Hong Leong Group Singapore, which is Singapore’s largest finance company, with a network of 28 branch offices. Now his estimated networth is $1.2 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    yes, there is a significant difference between facing a busy road vs expressway

But both of them i cannot tolerate for self stay....for investment case-by case basis lor

moreover, expressway noise is 24hrs
    Noise aversion is a subjective thing. As for me, I specifically selected a 2-bedder at Cube 8 that face the PIE (even though it costs more than those facing thomson road) coz noise to be not a big issue. I like this unit bcoz it is the center unit so no sun will get to shine on the walls. Hates getting back home into a oven. As for the noise, I am only home after 9 pm anyway. Probably could just spend some $ to soundproof the windows to the master bedroom better.

Btw, located at a traffic junction could also be very noisy especially when some idiotic drivers stepped hard on the accelerator when the lights turn green

FEO still owned TONS of FH land!

they even deployed such strategy: selling 99LH on a FH land!!! SUPER PROPERTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noise aversion is a subjective thing. As for me, I specifically selected a 2-bedder at Cube 8 that face the PIE (even though it costs more than those facing thomson road) coz noise to be not a big issue. I like this unit bcoz it is the center unit so no sun will get to shine on the walls. Hates getting back home into a oven. As for the noise, I am only home after 9 pm anyway. Probably could just spend some $ to soundproof the windows to the master bedroom better.

Btw, located at a traffic junction could also be very noisy especially when some idiotic drivers stepped hard on the accelerator when the lights turn green
    anyway, tats ur home....ur $....u happy can liao
    u can also on aircon whenever u r at home....i noticed most ppl does tat even for my place which is quiet....office a/c...naturally back home also a/c?

sun shine onto the wall...i dun feel it....but it is a KILLER even if sunlight shines partially into ur windows (Full ht windows somemore)

u can also visit a unit at The Arte tat faces the PIE to get a feel of the noise lor

FEO still owned TONS of FH land!

they even deployed such strategy: selling 99LH on a FH land!!! SUPER PROPERTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FEO is the Godfather of PROPERTISM.

They are only one level below the GOD of PROPERTISM - Our Government.

I pray to the GOD of PROPERTISM that they convert all empty state land into gardens like Gardens by The Bay or Botanic Gardens, instead of tendering out to developers.

Isn't Singapore supposed to be a "Garden City"?

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    I pray to the GOD of PROPERTISM that they convert all empty state land into gardens like Gardens by The Bay or Botanic Gardens, instead of tendering out to developers.

Isn't Singapore supposed to be a "Garden City"?
    cannot be ALL lah! expecting so many FT r coming....population nid to grow so as to satisfy the growing economy. dun build more homes....leads to social problems too...goto balance it...tats the toughest equation

by the way, dun worry lah...SG govt knows propertism more den any1 of us....u see they r only selling 99LH land!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon, you will see 70years LH property just like in China (just enough for 1 person at 30 years old to buy and die in it (at about 100 years old at the most), not much time less to pass down to next generation). Like that can sell cheaper mah (in asbolute price sense)
    You will also see more studios at 300-500 sqft for the old at 30 years LH.

by the way, dun worry lah...SG govt knows propertism more den any1 of us....u see they r only selling 99LH land!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon, you will see 70years LH property just like in China (just enough for 1 person at 30 years old to buy and die in it (at about 100 years old at the most), not much time less to pass down to next generation). Like that can sell cheaper mah (in asbolute price sense)
    You will also see more studios at 300-500 sqft for the old at 30 years LH.
    FULLY AGREED!!!

my fren was asking me...ppty prices so high liao...still can go up meh as there will be a price level tat ppl cannot afford anymore...den i say govt may start to sell 60-70LH land

btw, only big cities in China got 60-70LH rite? i am not familiar with overseas ppty wor...always hearsay....

To me, west sun and expressway noise are the worst! But if you unit is on very high floor, then the expressway noise may not be that bad (although still bad but still some people will grow use to it as ear sensitivity is not an issue to them (but I can't)). Recently I heard a common myth/belief from friends that the higher floor you are, the more noisy it will be - But I found this to be nonsense (there are scientific studies conducted already to proof that this is false (Probably some people want to sell their low floor units at a higher price than the high floor units and spreaded such myth around? )).

anyway, tats ur home....ur $....u happy can liao
    u can also on aircon whenever u r at home....i noticed most ppl does tat even for my place which is quiet....office a/c...naturally back home also a/c?

sun shine onto the wall...i dun feel it....but it is a KILLER even if sunlight shines partially into ur windows (Full ht windows somemore)

u can also visit a unit at The Arte tat faces the PIE to get a feel of the noise lor
    Fresh outdoor air is better than those air-conditioned air like in most homes in Singapore that are installed with split-airconditioners which have no outdoor air provision. One may be breahting the same air for 24hours or more. It can lead to BRI (Building Related Illness) or SBS(Sick Building Syndromes). 368 is better than arte and vista in this respect. I must declare that I have no special interest in 368. Tempted to buy but on second thought did not after gone to the overhead bridge that links between toa payoh and balestier to assess the noise level.

To me, west sun and expressway noise are the worst! But if you unit is on very high floor, then the expressway noise may not be that bad (although still bad but still some people will grow use to it as ear sensitivity is not an issue to them (but I can't)). Recently I heard a common myth/belief from friends that the higher floor you are, the more noisy it will be - But I found this to be nonsense (there are scientific studies conducted already to proof that this is false (Probably some people want to sell their low floor units at a higher price than the high floor units and spreaded such myth around? )).
    cud be the lower flr units got immediate trees blah blah to block part of the noise....i visited areas whr beacon heights is located....i walk ard the ground flr...cannot hear much traffic noise....it is well shielded by trees

and u r right...the higher u goes...cfm less noisy lah....i been to citylights 10+ flr nearest to the road vs 30+ flr...cant really heard any noise....

Sound wave travels radially from the noise source. You friend is right to say that higher floor can be more noisy unless you are like more than 30 storeys and above. You will only hear it as humming noise as sound level is lost through the air. It also depends on the location and frequency of the noise source. It can be worst if it is in the heart of highrise buildings because reflection of noise can occur by these hard surfaces. There is something call resonance too.

I didn't believe they can sell so well, so wait & wait then go and see hoping to pick up bargain but agent showed us the elevation chart with red stickers all over! - LEFT only a few units, all low floor 3 & 4 bedders (these will no have view to speak of, blocked left, right, centre!)

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Fresh outdoor air is better than those air-conditioned air like in most homes in Singapore that are installed with split-airconditioners which have no outdoor air provision. One may be breahting the same air for 24hours or more. It can lead to BRI (Building Related Illness) or SBS(Sick Building Syndromes). 368 is better than arte and vista in this respect. I must declare that I have no special interest in 368. Tempted to buy but on second thought did not after gone to the overhead bridge that links between toa payoh and balestier to assess the noise level.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Sound wave travels radially from the noise source. You friend is right to say that higher floor can be more noisy unless you are like more than 30 storeys and above. You will only hear it as humming noise as sound level is lost through the air. It also depends on the location and frequency of the noise source. It can be worst if it is in the heart of highrise buildings because reflection of noise can occur by these hard surfaces. There is something call resonance too.
    u r the man!

is a perception thing

at very high floor u can pick up things from further away, e.g. traffic noise from far away expressway, but noise from immediately downstairs become less audible.. u feel like in your own world plus the view and u can sometimes feel insulated from the world ~

at low to mid floor u will hear downstairs kids screaming playing, car park noise, trucks unloading etc, but traffic noise from far away expressway becomes less audible.. but u can feel closer to the world~

so is wat kind of noise u prefer

So in low floor units, the "downstairs noise" you mentioned already drowned out the expressway traffic noise? (not that the expressway traffic noise becomes smaller than high floor units but rather, it is that in low floor units the expressway traffic noise is lower than that of the louder & closer "downstairs noise"!)

Quote Originally Posted by august
    is a perception thing

at very high floor u can pick up things from further away, e.g. traffic noise from far away expressway, but noise from immediately downstairs become less audible.. u feel like in your own world plus the view and u can sometimes feel insulated from the world ~

at low to mid floor u will hear downstairs kids screaming playing, car park noise, trucks unloading etc, but traffic noise from far away expressway becomes less audible.. but u can feel closer to the world~

so is wat kind of noise u prefer