Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 368 Thomson (D11, Freehold, CDL)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

More like speculators!
    Real investors will also rather go for resale or going to TOP projects so that they can buy at a cheaper price (than those new launch now) & start collecting rent (income) than to start paying interest but get zero income for next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    actually, those who bot into any new launches r mostly investors. even if they say it is for self stay, they will tend to sell if price is right. for those who really nid a roof, will only consider resale or gg to TOP projects.

its like i intend to keep WB for self stay...but who noes 3yrs later i might change my mind

If this is true, how to explain the suburb properties 3BRs going above $1000 psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Looking at the size of the units sold, either 1+1, I believe most are investors. This area will be full of 1 and 2 bedders when all TOP - could have negative impact on the rental market. Prime or no prime, it looks like Singaporeans "budget" is really quite low.

above 1000psf but smaller units means "still affordable"? still low budget in quantum terms lor.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    If this is true, how to explain the suburb properties 3BRs going above $1000 psf?

think there is this term specuvestors since 2007. so-called can speculate or become investor (if kenna stuck upon TOP).

More like speculators!
    Real investors will also rather go for resale or going to TOP projects so that they can buy at a cheaper price (than those new launch now) & start collecting rent (income) than to start paying interest but get zero income for next 3 years.

3BR smallest can go only 1000 sqft to be still liveable, so still a not too-small $1m per property (not low in absolute price) even in those ulu locations!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    above 1000psf but smaller units means "still affordable"? still low budget in quantum terms lor.

i think wild falcon meant between 1 to 1.5m still considered low budget. i feel for this range still considered so if we compare to 2007 when those prime units sold with the combi of high psf and high sq ft are really big budget stuff.

and since we have been discussing the Terrene vs 368 debate, in today's BT,

"What we're most pleased about is that our penthouses and big units are still selling well. More than half of the 30 penthouses in the project have been taken up,' UOL's chief operating officer Liam Wee Sin told BT yesterday.

Singaporeans form the majority of buyers, buying mainly for owner occupation, according to Peter Ow, managing director (residential services) at Knight Frank, one of the project's two marketing agents."

so it appears that owner occupiers really love Terrene while 368 attracted specuvestors.

3BR smallest can go only 1000 sqft to be still liveable, so still a not too-small $1m per property (not low in absolute price) even in those ulu locations!

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...94358,00.html?

Published July 12, 2010

Demand for new CityDev, UOL condos

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) UOL Group and City Developments Ltd (CDL) continued to sell units over the weekend at their new condos released last week.

Good take-up: CDL has sold another 32 units at its 368 Thomson (above) up to 6 pm yesterday, taking total sales to 128 units

UOL and LaSalle Investment Management sold a further 46 units over the weekend (as of 7 pm yesterday) at The Terrene at Bukit Timah, in addition to the 50 that they had sold as of 10 pm last Friday.

Thus far, 130 of the condo's total 172 units have been put on the market. While the initial 85 units released by Friday were priced at about $1,250 per square foot on average, the further 45 apartments offered on Saturday and Sunday were at marginally higher prices. The five-storey, 999-year leasehold condo is in the Toh Tuck/Jalan Jurong Kechil vicinity.

'We're keeping the balance 42 units for our official launch later this week, which will be tied with the start of our ad campaign. What we're most pleased about is that our penthouses and big units are still selling well. More than half of the 30 penthouses in the project have been taken up,' UOL's chief operating officer Liam Wee Sin told BT yesterday evening.

'We've combined a bit of luxury with a rustic feel,' he added. Prices of penthouses in the condo range from $1.7 million to $2.9 million.

Singaporeans form the majority of buyers, buying mainly for owner occupation, according to Peter Ow, managing director (residential services) at Knight Frank, one of the project's two marketing agents.

'Demand is still there; it's only a matter of pricing. People who are walking out of the showflat without making a purchase are doing so because the price is beyond their budget,' he added.

CDL sold another 32 units at its 368 Thomson up to 6 pm yesterday, taking total sales to 128 units. Last Friday, the group said, it had sold 96 of the 120 units released initially in the 157-unit freehold condo, which will be 36 storeys high.

Yesterday, a CDL spokeswoman said that the group released the remaining 37 units progressively over the weekend at a marginal price increase of 2-3 per cent from the initial average selling price of $1,350 per square foot.

'The majority of the 32 units we sold over the weekend were one-plus-study units. We also sold three and four bedders,' she added.

Singaporeans made up 75 per cent of the 128 units sold at the District 11 condo.

The next project CDL plans to release is likely to be a 642-unit, joint venture condo in Pasir Ris located next to the fully-sold Livia. 'It is planned for release in phases in Q3 2010,' she added.

Looks like Sporean are starting to flock back to investing in property....confidence in the economy

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Knight
    Looks like Sporean are starting to flock back to investing in property....confidence in the economy

its in the DNA of asians, particularly chinese, to buy properties ...

if you take every buyer separately and ask if they want to buy .. they will indicate YES but want to wait and see ..

but when you put them all toegther in a show flat... when they see the crowd, read the news report ..see the SOLD sticker on the units chart they become more garang .. and buy on the spot .. before someone elses buy it .. thats also in the DNA , particularly Singaporeans ..

out of 10 potential buyers that you separate and ask individually .. without allowing them to see/hear the crowd or subject to external influences ..
    i am very curious to know ..what is the real sentiment..

to buy NOW or to wait and see .. ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    its in the DNA of asians, particularly chinese, to buy properties ...

if you take every buyer separately and ask if they want to buy .. they will indicate YES but want to wait and see ..

but when you put them all toegther in a show flat... when they see the crowd, read the news report ..see the SOLD sticker on the units chart they become more garang .. and buy on the spot .. before someone elses buy it .. thats also in the DNA , particularly Singaporeans ..

out of 10 potential buyers that you separate and ask individually .. without allowing them to see/hear the crowd or subject to external influences ..
    i am very curious to know ..what is the real sentiment..

to buy NOW or to wait and see .. ?

having posted the above .. i am still very happy to hear that people are still buying ...

goes to show ..singaporeans are really rich ..

also .. the higher it goes ..then (when it does) the harder it can fall ...
    then alot of REAL investors will be even happier

Hi Proud Owner, U just describe the scene of the operandi of Housing agent that I ve notice at most launches. Collect advance booking check and then when preview , that where all the feeding frenzy starts!!! Sold out stickers on board, no price nego, just print price on check and congrats or regrets..

Hi Proud Owner, U just describe the scene of the operandi of Housing agent that I ve notice at most launches. Collect advance booking check and then when preview , that where all the feeding frenzy starts!!! Sold out stickers on board, no price nego, just print price on check and congrats or regrets..
    to me its psychology play .. more than real sentiments ..

housing agents are just like PAP ... they know singaporeans TOO WELL

they know what you are thinking and how to play with you ..

suddenly this reminded me of some adverts i see in classified ads.

"MISS OR REGRET!!!" of course i choose miss lah.

"BUY AND REGRET!!!" of course i choose don't buy lah.

till this day, i still see agents regularly advertising like that...and its not typo.

congrats or regrets..

suddenly this reminded me of some adverts i see in classified ads.

"MISS OR REGRET!!!" of course i choose miss lah.

"BUY AND REGRET!!!" of course i choose don't buy lah.

till this day, i still see agents regularly advertising like that...and its not typo.

if i am an agent .. i will be more innovative lah

how about
    " TOday's high will be tomorrow's Low"

innovative is not even an issue yet. they can't even get the 3 english words they copied from elsewhere right!

if i am an agent .. i will be more innovative lah

how about
    " TOday's high will be tomorrow's Low"

innovative is not even an issue yet. they can't even get the 3 english words they copied from elsewhere right!

the best i have seen was

" Faster Grab"

ajhahhahahahahahha

hey, at least that is singlish but has some meaning.

i think when they write something that is a total opposite, that's truly dumb. i still can't get over "buy AND regret"...buy already and regret, what for buy?

the best i have seen was

" Faster Grab"

ajhahhahahahahahha

the best i have seen was

" Faster Grab"

ajhahhahahahahahha
    but i encountered twice...firesale...i call the agt...very lousy attitude...saying under negotiations...den i say i can just offer the asking price if i like it after viewing...den simply say call me back...i wait and wait ...later call back...told me sold

both units r advertised for the first time...and i called b4 10am!

could it be kelong? they advertise to show seller they did advertise but on the side, they already have someone ready to buy at an even lower price. unethical.

but i encountered twice...firesale...i call the agt...very lousy attitude...saying under negotiations...den i say i can just offer the asking price if i like it after viewing...den simply say call me back...i wait and wait ...later call back...told me sold

could it be kelong? they advertise to show seller they did advertise but on the side, they already have someone ready to buy at an even lower price. unethical.
    so sometimes, wana grab also dun hf the chance

the other time even worse...i was driving on my way to the site to mit the agt...halfway, the agt said oredi rec offer and ask me to go hm! i kpkb and he just hang up the phone!

my bad experience was this :

since i oversea ..cannot go viewing right .. so i ask my friend to callthe agent .. i even emailed the agent to tell him my friend MR XXX will contact him

agent told my friend he will arrange viewing ..they never call back

when my friend called again on saturday morning .. he said he not free ..

knn

another lagi best ..
    my friend called on tue ..make appt for viewing on sat ..
    meanwhile unit was sold on thur ..they didnt tell me or my friend ..when my friend went ..he showed another unit ..

waste my time

so sometimes, wana grab also dun hf the chance

the other time even worse...i was driving on my way to the site to mit the agt...halfway, the agt said oredi rec offer and ask me to go hm! i kpkb and he just hang up the phone!

ahhahaha

we all have our share of interesting encounter ..

i once called an agent ..said .. i am around the area .. can i view .. he said he not free ..

i said no problem ..give me the unit number ( a landed) .. i just drive by to view from outside .. i sweared to him i was not an agent

he then gave me the unit number .. i saw .. was ok

so i called him back and make appt on weekend ..

guess what ?

it was a totally differnt unit .. but on the said street .. knn wasted my time right ?

ahhahaha

we all have our share of interesting encounter ..

i once called an agent ..said .. i am around the area .. can i view .. he said he not free ..

i said no problem ..give me the unit number ( a landed) .. i just drive by to view from outside .. i sweared to him i was not an agent

he then gave me the unit number .. i saw .. was ok

so i called him back and make appt on weekend ..

guess what ?

it was a totally differnt unit .. but on the said street .. knn wasted my time right ?
    for landed, they will nvr disclose the actual unit over the phone...they will always ask u to mit at main road or nearby den direct u...very KS! if we really wana cut agts...we can always knock door after viewing rite...damn funny one

for landed, they will nvr disclose the actual unit over the phone...they will always ask u to mit at main road or nearby den direct u...very KS! if we really wana cut agts...we can always knock door after viewing rite...damn funny one
    i know

i understand their dilemma

but after i viewed the fake unit .. and expressed interest .. he not shy ?
    still didnt tell me when i made appt to view inside ..

anywya i didnt buy ..the 'real' unit was not ideal ..

he asked if i needed him to 'lookout' for other units for him ...ahhhahahah

i dunno what to reply him

was angry but laughable at the same time

for landed, one agent told me cannot tell me the house number as owner had previous bad experience of potential buyers hanging around outside the house so told him cannot disclose.

for landed, one agent told me cannot tell me the house number as owner had previous bad experience of potential buyers hanging around outside the house so told him cannot disclose.
    i had the same experience actually

i DIDNT even plan to sell my house ...or expressed any interest to do so ..

some strangers ...couples ..would drive into the estate.. the parked their cars and walked around

then can press my door bell .. asked if they can come in to view

hahaha funny right ?

i told them i am not selling .. they still give me their tel .. said to call them if i want to sell ..and claimed they are not agents ..

i kana this a few times in early 2009

ok. so maybe its a valid reason afterall hee.

i had the same experience actually

i DIDNT even plan to sell my house ...or expressed any interest to do so ..

some strangers ...couples ..would drive into the estate.. the parked their cars and walked around

then can press my door bell .. asked if they can come in to view

hahaha funny right ?

i told them i am not selling .. they still give me their tel .. said to call them if i want to sell ..and claimed they are not agents ..

i kana this a few times in early 2009

they could be testing mkt price.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    they could be testing mkt price.
    those 2 r genuine as i saw the exact unit caveated later.

if they r fishing, they will call me back and try to promote other units.

CDL put up an advertisement on 368 Thomson today in the Straits Times stating that 85% sold during preview.

This mean only 24 units left for grab.

Could possibly get sold out before August / lunar 7th month