Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 368 Thomson (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Also, me and my wife wanted a smaller unit ..
    do u have, or plan to have, kids ? It's the 1st time I read some one actually want a smaller place. most ppl want a larger one.

btw abt ur CPF plan, u check out the "2nd pty" rule already ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    do u have, or plan to have, kids ? It's the 1st time I read some one actually want a smaller place. most ppl want a larger one.

Tried having baby many years but not successful. If accident happens, I would not mind selling Cube8 at a loss and move to a bigger unit further from town.

Me and wife already have more than half the minimum sum ($123k) in our CPF SA to qualify using CPF funds for 2nd property. In four years time, our SA and Medisave balance will reach the current $123K and $39.5K contribution limit respectively. This means all the employee/employer CPF contributions will then go into our OA right?

...This means all the employee/employer CPF contributions will then go into our OA right?
    this will never happen

enjoy your Cube8. I am more interested in 368. But since ur Cube8 sells so well, CDL get a boost in his confidence and started pricing 368 at 20% higher. I find it no longer "value" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    ACtually i read somewhere, the earlier u invest in property (unless at a peak - like those highlighted in the papers) the better because of a longer loan repayment period and higher compounding effects.

But now really is an unprecedented recovery, so fast after the recession, is this the top (as it has already exceeded highs) or is there still room to go is really anybody's guess ?
    since everyone knows today's PPI is all time high, buying now wud definitely got its risk.

i am just offering the other side of the scenerio by highlighting some pitfalls for not investing and wait at the sidelines....buy or not to buy got its own risks.

today's peak may not be future's peak too and nobody knows the next low will be lower den today's price. PPI is just a guide....i bot ppty during april-may 2007 and my purchase price is still below the lows of 2009...

however, i am not encouraging/discouraging any1 to buy now....its ur $, ur call

Quote Originally Posted by amk

since he is able to fully pay up the EC, i am sure his bank acct is healthy.
    Moving to a studio, will wardrobe space be enuff?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    Actually got a 2-bedder - so not that small for the 2 of us Wife will never agree to a 1-bedder Could make the 2nd bedroom into a walk-in wardrobe hor

hehe....i am more worried about his wifey....sure enuff for her?

In four years time, our SA and Medisave balance will reach the current $123K and $39.5K contribution limit respectively. This means all the employee/employer CPF contributions will then go into our OA right?
    once ur Medisave reached the limit, the excess will flow into ur SA, SA got min limit but no upper limit. OA contributions remain the same.

if a pte ppty is fully paid....one can actually take equity loan against it to buy another ppty...just giving u guys another option to consider

for eg....if u own a fully paid ppty and bot it let say at 1mil...now it worth 2mil...u can actually take 60% or more based on current valuation....60% quite safe lah....anything more den tat may get a top-up call

once ur Medisave reached the limit, the excess will flow into ur SA, SA got min limit but no upper limit. OA contributions remain the same.
    Thanks for the clarification. So CPF will just accept funds into our SA without setting a limit and paying 1.5% higher interest. That is cool man

4% interest not bad also leh. Hope this rate will remain till I retire

Could make the 2nd bedroom into a walk-in wardrobe hor
    she will love u deep deep

Actually got a 2-bedder - so not that small for the 2 of us Wife will never agree to a 1-bedder Could make the 2nd bedroom into a walk-in wardrobe hor
    tot u mentioned u bot a 1bedder at cube8....or isit another guy

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    if a pte ppty is fully paid....one can actually take equity loan against it to buy another ppty...just giving u guys another option to consider

for eg....if u own a fully paid ppty and bot it let say at 1mil...now it worth 2mil...u can actually take 60% or more based on current valuation....60% quite safe lah....anything more den tat may get a top-up call
    this decision must ask Paul the Octopus first & take a lot guts to HOOT big big. U ever done this before?

this decision must ask Paul the Octopus first & take a lot guts to HOOT big big. U ever done this before?
    yes..bcoz tat time i am so silly to fully paid tat ppty

btw, dun hf to nid guts or the mighty PAUL!

its the same by selling one fully paid ppty to buy 2 or more ppty

There is a limit for Medisave account, a limit to contribution to OA, but no limit to SA I think. I know if you own a HDB and want to buy a 2nd pte pty, you need to each have half the min sum in order to utilise your OA. Not sure if this applies to EC. Anyone knows?

Me and wife already have more than half the minimum sum ($123k) in our CPF SA to qualify using CPF funds for 2nd property. In four years time, our SA and Medisave balance will reach the current $123K and $39.5K contribution limit respectively. This means all the employee/employer CPF contributions will then go into our OA right?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Fat hope lah. Rules already change so the 4% is most likely to be history. Future rate will be pegged to SGS 10 years bond (lock you in for >30 years but peg to 10 years bond - not right right? Shouldn't they peg to 30 years bond? No 30 years SGS bond, got 30 years Temasek bond!).

Thanks for the clarification. So CPF will just accept funds into our SA without setting a limit and paying 1.5% higher interest. That is cool man

4% interest not bad also leh. Hope this rate will remain till I retire

tot u mentioned u bot a 1bedder at cube8....or isit another guy
    ur memory is correct.. he said stool dio... then

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    ur memory is correct.. he said stool dio... then
    Have I? If you looked at the thread on cube8, it was written that I bought a 904 sq ft 2-bedder on the day of preview.

Prior to this, I always thought that the MM used in this forum refer to anything below 1000 sq ft and first to sell-out. Maybe my wrong use of the term MM to refer to my 2-bedder had cause the confusion. Pai seh

Have I? If you looked at the thread on cube8, it was written that I bought a 904 sq ft 2-bedder on the day of preview.

Prior to this, I always thought that the MM used in this forum refer to anything below 1000 sq ft and first to sell-out. Maybe my wrong use of the term MM to refer to my 2-bedder had cause the confusion. Pai seh
    itsok dude...it doesnt matter even u hf bot a PH

bro, your mailbox full liao.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    sell, take profit .. top up and move to better location ..even if it costs more ..

assuming i have spare cash and only have 1 property which i am living in now .. i will wait ...

so anyone know if 368 is sold out already?
    Cube 8 was sold out in a month or so, right?

Vista launched more than 1 year already, still not fully taken up.

Somehow the CDL projs have consistently much better take up rate, more realistic pricing than FEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    so anyone know if 368 is sold out already?
    Cube 8 was sold out in a month or so, right?

Vista launched more than 1 year already, still not fully taken up.

Somehow the CDL projs have consistently much better take up rate, more realistic pricing than FEO.
    368 - last heard 2 units left. As for Cube, only 3 penthouses left as at end June.

Most experts here opined that FEO pricing/sales strategy differs significantly from CDL in that it is not their business model to price their projects such that they will sell-out quickly.

368 - last heard 2 units left. As for Cube, only 3 penthouses left as at end June.

Most experts here opined that FEO pricing/sales strategy differs significantly from CDL in that it is not their business model to price their projects such that they will sell-out quickly.
    FEO projects are forward pricing lah... most of time at premiums... class leading. Market leader and influencer...

Got holding power... why bother, the remaining units are free units to them anyway.. so continue to sell high high and help to push up other units.. then people will lan lan come back and buy them.

It's call, u scratch my back and I scratch urs... we both happy... final buyer = final loser. Win big when u jump ship.

Default Vista Res Pricing

Vista pricing now starts from 1380 psf. Imagine it started off with 950 psf during launch and within a span of 1 year, it has gone up so much though the selling point now is that units are at high floor. But given the surroundings, I would think there is not much difference with not much view and location is the main selling point. Those people who has bought during the launch must be laughing their way to the bank.

A question I have is if the developer has remaining units, would a potential buyer consider subsale units which are at lower floor?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    Vista pricing now starts from 1380 psf. Imagine it started off with 950 psf during launch and within a span of 1 year, it has gone up so much though the selling point now is that units are at high floor. But given the surroundings, I would think there is not much difference with not much view and location is the main selling point. Those people who has bought during the launch must be laughing their way to the bank.

A question I have is if the developer has remaining units, would a potential buyer consider subsale units which are at lower floor?
    yes...when closer to TOP

i mention and mention many times not all FEO project r no gd...even dun like their projects...pls buy near them and use their pricing to say ur condo is damn cheap

yes...when closer to TOP

i mention and mention many times not all FEO project r no gd...even dun like their projects...pls buy near them and use their pricing to say ur condo is damn cheap
    Smart strategy. So 368, Cube8 and Arte can be counted or not since they are also very near to Vista Residences

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap

oh... yes... many examples already....

all because of price... say floor 8 was sold at 1200 psf during launch and developer selling floor 18 at $1300 psf... a year later... developer selling floor 18 at $1500 psf. It makes sense to mark up level 8.. people will buy at $1300 psf easily.... get it? The concept of pricing is all relative...

If one day.. developer selling floor 18 at $1800 psf... wah... durian fall from the sky... even if floor 18 is not sold.. people will buy floor 8 at $1500 psf... get it?

Drove pass showroom this morning and saw the FULLY SOLD sign pasted on the display panel at the front gate

As I had expected - all gone before 7th lunar month

Drove pass showroom this morning and saw the FULLY SOLD sign pasted on the display panel at the front gate

As I had expected - all gone before 7th lunar month
    this area is good lah... in terms of Fengshui...

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    this area is good lah... in terms of Fengshui...
    care to elaborate on the fengshui aspect?