Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sail @ Marina Bay (D1, 99 years, City Developments Limited)

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by <LORD have MERCY>
    A persistent worry for the financial-crises cum property market??????

If you are experiencing symtoms such as fatigue,poor concentration,

restlessness, irritability, sleeping difficulty and headaches, do not be

scared to see your GP. If the description sounds like you, you may

be suffering from Generalised Anxiety Disorder!

PROPERTIES ARE IN SHACKLES! DO NOT PUT YOUR LIVES IN HANDCUFFS!
    Are you sick or what?
    What cocks are you talking about?
    Go see a GP!

2 useless jerks talking cocks!

Default THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY

Project Name-THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY
    Developer-Glengary Pte Ltd(AIG Global Investment Group / City Developments Limited)
    Property Type-Apartment
    Tenure - 99 Yrs From 12/08/2002
    Total Units - 430
    Completion Date - May-2008
    District - 1

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/thesail@marinabay

Pls contact me at [email protected] if there is any unit at the sail gng for <$1000psf.

Default Seriously lor

Seriously lor... Why pay so much for a 99 leasehold when you can buy freehold on Orchard road like Visioncrest, Parc Emily, etc.

The Sail doesn't have a nice design also and good luck getting groceries, etc! And did you check out the pathetic pool?!

Only good thing is the view. That is if you have one - another building is going up to block whatever is there now. So stupid... they should have built the living to block the office not the other way ard. And no balcony/patio to enjoy the breeze/view.

Maybe if there is a fire sale and I got some extra cash... Nah. I will prob get Icon instead...

Exclamation SAIL @ MARINA BAY THE (1 Room) condo for rent

Call Tom @ 9631-3193 Brand new The Sail, 600sf, Poolview, P/F, mid level, lowest in rent only 3.5k, next to Raffles Place MRT, immediate, Expats choice, don't miss

Does the units at the sail come with free parking lot? If not how much does the owner have to pay for parking monthly?

if i'm not wrong, the sails hv around 1100 units. BUT, it only hv about 550 parking lots. U need to ballot for the season parking n of cos pay for it !!! The maintenance fee will not incl the parking !

I believe its more than enough. Most owner rent out their units to expat that do not drive, so separating parking from the maint fee is a good thing. I understand maint fee is quite low as a result.

Another CBD project Icon has the same scheme. The carpark there is more than enough as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    if i'm not wrong, the sails hv around 1100 units. BUT, it only hv about 550 parking lots. U need to ballot for the season parking n of cos pay for it !!! The maintenance fee will not incl the parking !

i heard from friend..

890 sf at less than 600k

just dealt

true not? so low and lelong??

Very possible.. could be one of those investors who depend on "+ve" cashflow from rental to cover installment payment.

I went see my banker and when I looked down from One Raffles, you can see a lot of empty units at Sail... means.. no expats to rent from the investor.. and investor no means to service the loan.. so have to fire sale?

I wonder why anyone want to buy units there..
    it's 99yrs LH.. and offices in One raffles can look directly into the units..haha.. which means they have to permanently pull the blind.. even AT NIGHT.. coz the bankers work late into the nite too.

Will buy higher floor with Bay view for about 1000+ psf . The project is a joke , small swimming pool for over 1,100 units , lousy facilities, no parking, ERP in and out cost you money everyday. to wait the lift takes ages. and too crampled. + 95 YEARS left only.. I just need the place for my in law to stay .. if oneone wants to sell at around 1000psf send me details , quick cash buy !!

Never was very impressed by The Sail. The residential property fundamentals of that condo is just wrong! For the same money, I'd rather buy freehold D9,10,11 and even then I won't even consider some parts of D 10/11, especially the Ghim Moh and Balestier parts. I'd rather take the D9 part that's near Little India if I am on a tight budget. If got a more flexible budget, probably a low floor, not so good facing unit in River Valley or Newton/Novena. Please note, I do not consider anything north east of Moulmein Rise to be Novena.
    Last edited by ahlahdin; 23-01-09 at 17:23.

Thumbs down

Who cares if you like anot?
    Got $$$ then say. Talk is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlahdin
    Never was very impressed by The Sail. The residential property fundamentals of that condo is just wrong! For the same money, I'd rather buy freehold D9,10,11 and even then I won't even consider some parts of D 10/11, especially the Ghim Moh and Balestier parts. I'd rather take the D9 part that's near Little India if I am on a tight budget. If got a more flexible budget, probably a low floor, not so good facing unit in River Valley or Newton/Novena. Please note, I do not consider anything north east of Moulmein Rise to be Novena.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Life%252...ry_329941.html

January 24, 2009 Saturday

Fashionably clad

Walls of 62nd-floor condo have timber veneer and tiles of varying widths for a modern yet cosy feel

Take in a sweeping view of the Benjamin Sheares Bridge and Singapore Flyer from the bright and modern master bedroom. -- TEXT: REBECKKA WONG, PHOTOGRAPHY: WINSTON CHUAN, ART DIRECTION: NICCO LIM

View more photos: http://www.straitstimes.com/gallery/...ry_329941.html

When your apartment enjoys a million-dollar bird's-eye view of the Marina Bay area and beyond - overlooking the Singapore Flyer, the floating platform, the site of the future integrated resorts and all the way out to sea - the interior design of the space can rightfully take a back seat.

However, home owner Dato Resham Singh felt the interiors of his 62nd-storey 1,500 sq ft apartment at swanky new condominium The Sail, which was already kitted out for immediate occupation, could use a little aesthetic enhancement to make it feel more like a home.

'The apartment came with all the necessary finishes, but it looked pretty bare with plain white walls and no strong features,' says architect Lim Ai Tiong of Lato Design Architects, who was tasked with conceptualising the new look.

It was a challenge to create a style that Datok Resham and his wife, both in their 60s and who had never stayed in modern-style interiors, would feel comfortable with.

'Their previous home had a very ethnic style. I'm glad he was willing to let me try a more contemporary look,' explains Mr Lim, who does only modern design. The Malaysian couple do not live here. They use the 1,500 sq ft flat only when they are in Singapore.

The original plain walls of the living and dining areas made the space look bare and nondescript. By cladding various areas in different materials, the designer has created visual anchors to draw the eye towards the amazing view.

The new skins also add colour, decoration and warmth to the interiors.

In the living room, subtly streaked timber veneer in a warm toasty hue hugs one wall, complemented by false ceiling features that define the two spaces.

To keep the colour palette in the home consistent, Mr Lim matched the timber veneer to the one used on the existing bedroom doors.

A mirror wall installed at the dining area doubles the feel of the space and affords diners on both sides of the table a great sea view.

On the L-shaped wall that marks the footprint of the kitchen, Mr Lim has pieced together textured homogeneous tiles in different widths to create a feature wall with a sleek modern appeal.

The heavy curtain along a wall in the living room softens the hard edges of the apartment's interiors and hides the household bomb shelter and the shoe cabinet

The designer has also kept things simple in the master bedroom, which has an excellent sweeping view of the Benjamin Sheares Bridge, the Singapore Flyer and the floating platform where the last two National Day parades were held.

The 'jigsaw-like' theme used for the tiled feature wall in the kitchen is repeated here, but using panels of timber veneer instead, complementing the wood flooring. The wall doubles as a bedhead.

According to Mr Lim, the owners say they like their first modern-style home so much, 'they joke they will not stay in places with any other kinds of interiors from now on'.

This spread first appeared in this month's issue of Home & Decor, published by SPH Magazines.

Default Gas man

Is there any piped gas to any units?

Can use gas bottles?

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...24358,00.html?

Published March 19, 2009

The Sail generates top gains in subsale deals

Largest windfall of $6.7m achieved for a unit above the 60th floor

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

TRANSACTIONS at The Sail @ Marina Bay last year topped the subsales deals that generated the highest gains, both in absolute as well as in percentage terms, a caveats analysis by Savills Singapore shows.

The Sail @ Marina Bay: In all, there were 74 instances of gains generated from subsale transactions at The Sail in 2008

In absolute dollar terms, the biggest gain of $6.66 million was achieved for a unit above the 60th floor of the 99-year leasehold project. It was bought for $8.8 million or $1,508 psf in November 2005 from the project's developer, and sold in the subsale market for $15.5 million or $2,650 psf in August last year.

The top percentage gain of 178 per cent was generated by a 49th floor unit at The Sail that was sold for $1.42 million or $2,400 psf in the subsale market in May last year. The seller had picked up the unit for $510,400 or $862 psf from the developer (a joint venture between City Developments and AIG) in December 2004.

Two other units at The Sail also yielded subsale profits of 176 per cent and 175 per cent; the sellers had bought their units from the developer.

In all, there were 74 instances of gains generated from subsale transactions at The Sail in 2008. Market watchers noted that this was because the project's launch in two phases in 2004 and 2005 was 'perfectly timed' before residential property prices shot up in 2006 onwards.

As for subsale deals that produced losses last year, the biggest loss in absolute quantum, $1.03 million, was suffered for a unit around the 20th floor at Scotts Square. It was sold in November last year for $3.7 million or $3,050 psf; the seller had bought it up in the primary market in August 2007 for nearly $4.8 million or $3,890 psf.

The largest percentage loss (36 per cent) was incurred by the owner of a 26th floor unit at Tribeca on Kim Seng Road who had paid the developer $885,800 or $1,553 psf in February 2007 and sold his unit at $570,000 or $999 psf in December last year.

Looking ahead, Savills Singapore director Steven Ming said: 'It's reasonable to expect that subsale losses may increase this year, unless macro and global economic problems are ironed out and financing eases,' he added.

Knight Frank executive director (residential) Peter Ow notes that what would usually make an investor cut losses in the subsale market is when it is time to pay up the developer. 'An investor exposed to a few properties he has bought on deferred payment scheme may want to cut losses on the first one or two to improve his cashflow, so that when it is time to pay up for the third one, he can afford it,' he added.

In the event that a buyer has difficulty getting a bank loan and footing the bill for a chunk of the purchase price to the developer when the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP), some developers may be prepared to repudiate the sale and purchase agreement and forfeit the 20 per cent initial payment collected from the buyer and proceed to resell the unit.

But other developers may sue the buyers and force them to complete the sale and purchase agreement at the contracted price. 'Most buyers wouldn't want to take the risk of defaulting because they don't know the position of the developer and risk being sued and even bankrupted,' Mr Ow said.

For projects completing in 2011/2012, most investors will tend to hold their units as there is a possibility of a property market recovery, he predicts. 'But for projects receiving TOP, say, this year, investors will have to weigh risks of whether they have the financial means to pay up. If not, it may be better to cut loss,' Mr Ow said.

Mr Ow estimates that most investors would be prepared to cut a loss of up to 20 per cent on their purchase price (assuming they have already paid an initial 20 per cent to the developer) since they will then not have to take a further hit.

However, if they subsell the property at, say, 70 per cent of their purchase price, they would have to fork out a further 10 per cent to the developer before the developer agrees to transfer the title to the new buyer.

Actually just bought a mid floor stack 11 (below #40) unit at the sail for 14xxpsf. I don't know if this happens to other sail owners. Have been repeatedly receiving calls from agents (how they get my number????). Asking if I want to sell for 1600psf as there are buyers willing to buy. I wonder how true is that? Can other owners comment? If it's true, might want to let go and make a good 6 digits profit

lol so you're the one who got that - i was also looking at that but tenant overseas so owner couldn't let me view.

i've already been approached by at least 5 agents so far - i think they get our details via REALIS or mgmt office. (which by the way, the service sucks)

Last i heard, a low floor 2 bdrm with great view transacted for $1700-$1800psf last week. true or not i also dunno.

It's only been in these past 2 weeks agents say got '$1600psf cheque in hand'. weeks prior to that it was hovering about $1400-$1450.

i am also thinking of whether to wait until the surroundings are completed and is seen in its full potential (all $22b worth) before selling, or sell now.

you bought to stay?

Yup.. Bought to stay but it's rented out till next year Feb. I just can't wait to stay there. Anyway, the timing is just nice. When I move in, the IR will be up and there will be more shops around.

But it's kind of irritating to get calls from unknown people. I mean it's like invasion of my privacy. I don't mind if I make known to agents that I want to sell but I didn't !! I think I want to change my number already. Haha. I got 2 calls only. Not as much as you.

1st agent - Told her I will consider
    2nd agent - Told him $2000 psf, I don't mind.

Hahahaha. But seriously, I won't sell unless it's over 2.5k psf. I want to stay for a few years first to enjoy. Not selling in the next 3 years.

Any idea when the shopping centre will be completed? The 2 level of basement shopping just beside sail. I hope that it will be up when I move in next year.

You buy for rent or stay?

The central linear park and basement shopping will be up same time as IR. Govt has already annced an 'open house' for sporeans 1H10 so the majority of facilities except for the Gardens will be up. They're opening a new bistro on grd floor of Twr 1 and basement of the Sail i heard Jason's opening up. In any case, there's tons of eateries at the link to ORQ to Raffles place. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

I bought for own stay, will want to also enjoy the surroundings at least for a few years before disposing it, if by then i have the heart to.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Yup.. Bought to stay but it's rented out till next year Feb. I just can't wait to stay there. Anyway, the timing is just nice. When I move in, the IR will be up and there will be more shops around.

But it's kind of irritating to get calls from unknown people. I mean it's like invasion of my privacy. I don't mind if I make known to agents that I want to sell but I didn't !! I think I want to change my number already. Haha. I got 2 calls only. Not as much as you.

1st agent - Told her I will consider
    2nd agent - Told him $2000 psf, I don't mind.

Hahahaha. But seriously, I won't sell unless it's over 2.5k psf. I want to stay for a few years first to enjoy. Not selling in the next 3 years.

Any idea when the shopping centre will be completed? The 2 level of basement shopping just beside sail. I hope that it will be up when I move in next year.

You buy for rent or stay?

There is talk of the F1 being routed through Marina Blvd and past the IR as part of an agreement with Sands - dunno if this is true or not but if so, woohoo!

New Bistro, it's facing the Bay at tower 1 . Wah if all those shop categories really come to fruition, i'll be a happy camper. Esp the video & music part
    All they need to do now is to setup that spa that CDL promised on the 34th floor of twr 2

advise you guys to sell. there are 87 units on propertyguru to sell and 300 units to rent. rental per month is about 5 to 6k for a 3 bedder, translating a yield of only 3% at the price you mentioned. the yield is too low to support the price, suggesting the price will go much lower.

rental yield should be about 5 to 6% for the price to be sustainable. besides there are a lot of supply to come on the market. Skyline is now selling for 1,000psf, and it is no worse than the sail in location and tenure.

sell if you I were you, the sail is a lousy condo for own stay. It is a bubble inflated by speculators like yourselves. sell before you lose your shirt. haha.

Haha.. It's ok lah..
    I didn't buy it too expensive also. Bought it below launch price so I am perfectly happy with it. Moving in soon so not selling. With seaview somemore (maybe in 3 years time, blocked by MBS but who cares for now) so let me enjoy the seaview first lor.

Seriously, what is skyline? Haha. Forget about skyline lah. 1k for that low floor and 1.8k for high floor. I still rather get the sail.

The way I see it is:-

Some condo advertise near MRT
    Some condo advertise near Shopping centre
    Some condo advertise near IR
    Some condo advertise near the sea
    Some condo advertise near City
    Some condo advertise near Prime district
    Some condo advertise near eateries
    Some condo advertise near this, near that.

Look here. The sail is AT TWO MRTs, Above shopping centre, Beside IR, Beside the bay and the sea, AT city, At Prime district, beside LPS etc.. Maybe sail owner can add on to this list.

If district one, beside IR is not prime, what is prime? Hmm..

I won't lose my shirt by NOT selling. So what if economy sinks, so what is swine flu hit Singapore badly. I got condo to stay, got facilities, got TWO MRTs, got shopping centres, got IR, got sea activities etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc....... I would say, this is life. People like you maybe don't really like this location but to each his own. Maybe you find it too crowded or prices will drop drastically to 300psf. It boils down to one sentence and theory - Got money buy then talk ! I am just happy to be a sail owner - at least for the next 20 years So be it if it drops to 300psf. I don't care !

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    advise you guys to sell. there are 87 units on propertyguru to sell and 300 units to rent. rental per month is about 5 to 6k for a 3 bedder, translating a yield of only 3% at the price you mentioned. the yield is too low to support the price, suggesting the price will go much lower.

rental yield should be about 5 to 6% for the price to be sustainable. besides there are a lot of supply to come on the market. Skyline is now selling for 1,000psf, and it is no worse than the sail in location and tenure.

sell if you I were you, the sail is a lousy condo for own stay. It is a bubble inflated by speculators like yourselves. sell before you lose your shirt. haha.

ALL THESE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE!

-the bay waters
    - one of the windiest and coolest places in singapore

Transport:
    - MRT - EW/NS (RP), DTL (Landmark)
    - most major buses
    - always within ERP, never need to pay when go work

Makan:
    - Sail grd flr cafes (1 jap, 1 health bar, another can't remember)
    - Lau Pa Sat
    - Collyer Quay Boardwalk
    - One Fullerton
    - hundreds of other small restaurants dotted around the area

Shopping:
    - RafflesLink-ORQ
    - LandmarkLink
    - Sail Basement Shoppes
    - MBFC (3 basement levels)

Chillout & Relax:
    - SailGrd Flr: Harry's, Raffles Bistro
    - Twr 2 34 flr: Commercial Spa (tba)

Leisure & Entertainment:
    - Gardens by the Bay
    - Marina Promenade
    - ArtScience Museum
    - Marina Bay Sands
    - Marina Promontory

Kids:
    - 10-15 childcare centres within 1km

WITHIN CYCLING DISTANCE:
    - Suntec City
    - Esplanade
    - Raffles City
    - Boat Quay
    - Empress Place Complex
    - etc etc

and not to mention:

- the enbloc of this project is virtually guaranteed within time, 99yr lh status for CBD properties of marque are moot really

Guys guys.. please stop...
    don't make me droool over MBR and Sail..

I am just waiting for the price to come down before I buy ..most probably MBR..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Guys guys.. please stop...
    don't make me droool over MBR and Sail..

I am just waiting for the price to come down before I buy ..most probably MBR..
    Yes, me too. but I am waiting for it to drop to 800 psf before I will take a plunge.

likely to be a long wait bro.

Quote Originally Posted by chan_ww
    likely to be a long wait bro.
    Won't be too long. If IRs turn out to be disappointments, may be end of year we will see Sail selling at 800 psf. Not that I want IRs to be disappointments, I wish they won't be.

But one must plan for the worst.

Hopefully won't because i just bought one unit there