Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Sail @ Marina Bay (D1, 99 years, City Developments Limited)

but the funny thing is tat new OCR condo's r selling for $1200-$1400 99LH and they r selling like hot cakes !! lol

BTW, i think highest transacted for 800+ area size is $2819psf..lol

Already flip 2x, if u buy 4th hand then confirm carrot head. I still see a few units still 1x only, those are the ones if one is to buy at a cheaper psf

THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY 2 Marina Boulevard #26-09 1 83 Strata 729,080 8784 816 11-APR-2005 Apartment 99 Yrs From 12/08/2002 Uncompleted New Sale Private 01 01 018987 Central Region Downtown Core

Flip x1
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY 2 Marina Boulevard #26-09 1 83 Strata 1,071,600 12911 1199 18-DEC-2008 Apartment 99 Yrs From 12/08/2002 2008 Sub Sale Private 01 01 018987 Central Region Downtown Core

Flip x2
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY 2 Marina Boulevard #26-09 1 83 Strata 1,518,100 18290 1699 07-JAN-2012 Apartment 99 Yrs From 12/08/2002 2008 Resale Private 01 01 018987 Central Region Downtown Core

Quote Originally Posted by paulho77
    last transacted at $1699 psf for 800+ area size...dun believe check URA website...OMG !!!

Customer Name : Mr
    ID Number :
    Email Address :
    Contact Numbers :
    Feedback Received Date : 24/10/2007

Dear Mr

Thank you for your feedback. We have investigated and confirmed that the caveat of this unit at Southbank was lodged after the sub-purchaser signed fresh agreement with the developer. However, in lodging the caveat, the sub-purchaser quoted the price paid by the original purchaser instead of the sub-sale price. We have therefore removed the record since it does not reflect the actual transaction price. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Customer Support, Property Research Section
    tel: +65 6329-3357 / +65 6321-8015
    fax: +65 6321-6596

Sent a email to URA ask them check whether the transacted price is correct. The last time I sent a email to them they told me the buyer chose to declare a lower price.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...s/misc/T&C.jsp

Terms and Conditions:

By using these eServices, I understand and agree that -

a) URA does not warrant the completeness, correctness or accuracy of any information provided on the eServices;

b) information on the eServices is provided for general information only and is not intended to be used or relied on by anyone for any purpose (whether commercial or otherwise), including any decision to enter into any transaction for sale or purchase of any property;

Quote Originally Posted by kasparov
    Is this:
    A) lack of holding power?
    B) anticipation of rising interest rates?
    C) the beginning of a trend?

I read from some bros here that The Sail has been having maintenance challenges due to the sheer size and high percentage of tenants (non owners) staying and using the facilities... Perhaps owner had enough dont wanna be saddled with huge maintenance cost years down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Already flip 2x, if u buy 4th hand then confirm carrot head. I still see a few units still 1x only, those are the ones if one is to buy at a cheaper psf

THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY 2 Marina Boulevard #26-09 1 83 Strata 729,080 8784 816 11-APR-2005 Apartment 99 Yrs From 12/08/2002 Uncompleted New Sale Private 01 01 018987 Central Region Downtown Core

Flip x1
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY 2 Marina Boulevard #26-09 1 83 Strata 1,071,600 12911 1199 18-DEC-2008 Apartment 99 Yrs From 12/08/2002 2008 Sub Sale Private 01 01 018987 Central Region Downtown Core

Flip x2
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY 2 Marina Boulevard #26-09 1 83 Strata 1,518,100 18290 1699 07-JAN-2012 Apartment 99 Yrs From 12/08/2002 2008 Resale Private 01 01 018987 Central Region Downtown Core
    actually the first owner sell so low in 08....LOL

Most fxxked up maintenance i've experienced. worse than hdb

80% of the managing council
    are property agents, mostly managing rentals. champion msct

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Yes!! Last time launch price $8XXpsf only.. if the seller bought direct from the developer initially.. now make 100% lor.. OMG!!
    ROIC is even better.
    20% downpayment is 800psf*20% = 160psf.
    Profit is 1600psf - 800psf = 800psf.
    ROIC (ignoring all cost) = 800/160= 500%

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    Most fxxked up maintenance i've experienced. worse than hdb

80% of the managing council
    are property agents, mostly managing rentals. champion msct
    I am new to the sail. May i know what is the problem?

planning to sell mine... Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by oda
    planning to sell mine... Hmmmmm
    Y r u selling, care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    I am new to the sail. May i know what is the problem?
    whole place is falling apart; security problems; people using it as condotel; maintenance problem; central chute problem; usage issue in common areas due to poor planning; etc etc. i just sold mine

This is bad.

好看不好吃 indeed.

I wonder if Reflections @ Keppel Bay will face similar problems... or any of those CBD high-rise apartments like Lumiere, Clift, One Shenton, MBR and the many more similar to come.

Only the Sail, as it was sold low and built when cost of materials was the highest in singapore's history due to sand ban and inflationary scare.

mbr and one shenton much much better

sail is purely a location play. everything else is no better than hdb

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    This is bad.

好看不好吃 indeed.

I wonder if Reflections @ Keppel Bay will face similar problems... or any of those CBD high-rise apartments like Lumiere, Clift, One Shenton, MBR and the many more similar to come.

This is how bad things got and why i decided to sell.

Because the Sail has become a condotel which you can rent for days like a hotel, some time last year it became a hotspot for arab medical tourists.

imagine entire extended families staying in one unit - grandmother, grandfather all the way to grandkid.

arabic culture is such where the women and men need not necessarily eat together or commune together. Imagine tea time, 5 womenfolk, 2 kids and a baby would be sitting crossed legged in the common events room facility, tiffin and tea spread on the carpeted floor, kids lying on the floor being fed and taking naps, granny taking nap, while the other women are chatting eating betel nut thingies.

The menfolk will be in the other tower doing the same thing. why, cos their condotel unit cannot fit all of them communing at the same time.

every fireworks festival and NDP, agents managing empty units or condotels will invite their father mother grandfather and their distant relatives to converge on the Sail and watch fireworks. Security measures cannot stem the huge tide of bodies.

worse thing is, the MCST is almost all comprising of agents holding proxies, not genuine owners or residents. thus they will always gun for the cheapest possible maintenance fees and thus undermaintain the estate - as long as the place doesn't collapse.

i've since moved to d9 - many many expat rentals here too but mainly angmoh and jap families renting long term, and the rest indon owners - and because no condotel shit here thus things are soo much better taken care of.

I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!

Sorry to hear about that bro gfoo. Hope you got a good price for it as compensation for the pain you went thru...

market driven economy to the max ... CSR comes to mind
    Ride at your own risk !!!

the only thing i miss are the nude puffies on weekends at the pool and having a Harry's downstairs

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    market driven economy to the max ... CSR comes to mind
    correct... even carpark privileges are taken away from resident owners to sell to public so as to minimize monthly maintenance costs.

this is a pure 100% investment play.... i have actually come to admire how profit can push people to ignore living conditions. if i wasn't an owner-occupier, i wouldn't have given two hoots too imho

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Sorry to hear about that bro gfoo. Hope you got a good price for it as compensation for the pain you went thru...
    no pain milord, it was quite fun in my 2.5 years there. It was only in the last 6 month leg that the crowds started streaming in and condotel business went out of hand. I was the first of my neighbours to sell. 5 more have done so since

no pain milord, it was quite fun in my 2.5 years there. It was only in the last 6 month leg that the crowds started streaming in and condotel business went out of hand. I was the first of my neighbours to sell. 5 more have done so since
    is living condition that bad?
    median rental psf for Sail has been constant for the past year.
    even higher than median rental for One Shenton.

Strange condotel by right is illegal right? If it affects the residents how come no one complain to gov agency?

Illegal but you complain gov agency you need proof, then they will say MC already empowered to deal with them using by-laws, MC can get court order directly for enforcement.
    So you need iron-will MC members who are resident-owners. Don't think MCs made up of proxies who are agents will do that?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Strange condotel by right is illegal right? If it affects the residents how come no one complain to gov agency?

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Illegal but you complain gov agency you need proof, then they will say MC already empowered to deal with them using by-laws, MC can get court order directly for enforcement.
    So you need iron-will MC members who are resident-owners. Don't think MCs made up of proxies who are agents will do that?
    how about this?
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=7670

excerpts from that thread
    "In a statement yesterday, OUE said it decided to terminate Ideal's lease because the company sub-let illegally partitioned rooms and did not comply with URA's enforcement notice.

URA, meanwhile, said it acted because of the unauthorised use of the Grangeford. It said it did so in response to public complaints."

The initiator is public complaints, which led to URA taking action, which led to OUE taking action.

you made a million just like that i am sure no pain at all
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    correct somemore most of the mcst run condotel operations. where got neutrality?

Not really that bad. It has been pretty good for the past 4 years or so staying there. But the condotel thingy needs to be clamped down.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    is living condition that bad?
    median rental psf for Sail has been constant for the past year.
    even higher than median rental for One Shenton.

What happen to the carpark?

correct... even carpark privileges are taken away from resident owners to sell to public so as to minimize monthly maintenance costs.

this is a pure 100% investment play.... i have actually come to admire how profit can push people to ignore living conditions. if i wasn't an owner-occupier, i wouldn't have given two hoots too imho

last time red lots for residents only. now all lots red included are free for all

It is really a pity. It can be called a sailotel. How about MBR?