Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suites De Laurel @ Jalan Anak Bukit (D21, 999 years LH, Sustained Land Pte Ltd)

Ya, we bought it in the end.

This is the estimated floor plan of the 571sqf 1+1 Type E unit found in the Suites de Laurel brochure

The below is a estimated scale of the actual unit plotted using Home 3D.
    *planter, RC and AC lege not drawn

With Home 3D, we were able to do a 3D "walkthru". It gives us an idea how the place will look like and how we can arrange our furniture and fixtures.

Comments and ideas are welcomed.

http://www.anst.uu.se/e/jiche227/Int...ng%20draft.pdf

I went into a three-storey shophouse with one lavatory and two bathrooms. We counted 200 tenants living there. It was so dark and damp. It was an inhuman and degrading existence. Underneath the staircase was a single plank. A man was lying on the plank. He had rented it. That was his home! And he was lying down covered by a blanket; the thick red blanket made in China. I paused to ask him if he was sick: “Why are you covering yourself with a thick blanket?” He replied: “I am covering myself out of respect for you. I am wearing only undershorts. My brother is wearing my pants.” They were too poor to afford clothing. In those days, there were shops which pulled clothing and shoes off the dead to sell them. “My God,” I thought to myself, “I really must help those
    people.” (
    The Straits Times, 9 Aug 1997)

MM is the way to go. Make more rooms.

Hi,

I bought a 3 bedder PH at SDL on the soft launch day 1, facing the landed properties, unblocked view, next to KTM line. There are proposals to convert the KTM line to a green corridor project to keep the railway land. http://www.thegreencorridor.org/

The units facing the back are snapped up very quickly, the last I heard, all the PH are taken up except for one unit facing the main road.

Price wise - it is lower than cascadia and better location than Cascadia given its proximity to amenities and future MRT, and a bus stop right in front of SDL. Garden Vista ( 99 yr condo , about 5 yr olds) priced itself at 11xx-12xx psf, and Jardin I heard was around 2000 psf now.

Quote Originally Posted by hl124273
    Hi,

I bought a 3 bedder PH at SDL on the soft launch day 1, facing the landed properties, unblocked view, next to KTM line. There are proposals to convert the KTM line to a green corridor project to keep the railway land. http://www.thegreencorridor.org/

The units facing the back are snapped up very quickly, the last I heard, all the PH are taken up except for one unit facing the main road.

Price wise - it is lower than cascadia and better location than Cascadia given its proximity to amenities and future MRT, and a bus stop right in front of SDL. Garden Vista ( 99 yr condo , about 5 yr olds) priced itself at 11xx-12xx psf, and Jardin I heard was around 2000 psf now.
    actually not advisable to buy penthses in such boutique projects......

anyway u bot for own stay? railway gone

Good for parents who want to have kids in pei hwa school.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Railway gone really a great thing. Lucky for the developer it was announced the day before the project was actually launched. So i'm sure the pricing as already padded sufficiently on day 1 of vvip preview.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    actually not advisable to buy penthses in such boutique projects......

Oh, care to enlighten me on why it is not advisable to buy PH in boutique projects? The largest PH (not the one I bought) was one of the first few to be sold during the soft launch.

Yes, bought for own stay and hope to sell it it after 8 years. Not sure what the prices will look like a decade from now

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    Railway gone really a great thing. Lucky for the developer it was announced the day before the project was actually launched. So i'm sure the pricing as already padded sufficiently on day 1 of vvip preview.

Yes, the developer was already aware of the removal of the KTM line , though during the soft launch nothing was confirmed.

I was actually looking around and waiting for Terrene to be launched, and happened to passby garden vista area and saw the signage put up for SDL and registered my interest. Terrene was priced around 12xx psf, large plot of land with full amenities, but on a less swanky area of BT. It's double the psf price of its opp neighbour High Oaks which is a leasehold property (10 yrs maybe?).

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Good for parents who want to have kids in pei hwa school.
    Yes, and MGS too.

Just FYI project on paper will TOP mid 2014 while MRT ready only 2015, so it doesn't TOP with MRT ready, unless MRT way ahead of schedule.
    I suspect it may TOP much earlier than 2014 looking at the progress of the project.

@ lancelot: I'm a sucker for pain man, so I don't mind if someone's brutally honest with me haha. As for the train, my gf's place is much farther from from the tracks than the Suites, but it still made quite a racket to me whenever it goes by her place. But she says she's so used to it, she hardly notices anymore. But like u said, an MRT would be far worse.

@ bargain hunter: ah it's actually 1 of the "bigger" units, the 3rm 915sqft. Only 1 stack with 3 units of 3 rms, so you've got a 33% chance of guessing my address. Pls come by for drinks lol. I saw the Cascadia a few days ago, and thought it was quite ok as far as the units are concerned, fairly spacious. But at the price tag of over 1400psf, I'd expect more amenities like makan joints, supermarkets etc to be within walking dist. On a side note, Jardin's price is now a min of 1775psf for the apartments, altho there's a cash rebate almost equaling the stamp duty. Nuts.

@ screwby: No further discount fm the price originally quoted to me. I saw the price list as well, and if i remember correctly it did work out to be 18% discount. I also asked the agent twice about the discount on 2 different days and he told me the same thing. Of course, it could all be a sales tactic to reel me in hook line and sinker, but that's what I saw.

Which brings me to a qn. How genuine are these discounts? Are these discounts like those 365 day a year sale kind of thing? I mean it's up to the dev to come up with their own list prices, and then discount it to the price they actually want to sell it at.
    I think I roughly know which unit you bought as I was there on the soft launch and 2 out of the 3 on that first day was already taken, left the second floor unit.

Default Suites de Laurel @ Bukit Timah (District 21, Freehold)

Suites de Laurel @ Bukit Timah (District 21)

(Visit www.CondoExpert.sg or call Jonathan @ 8100-8004 for more information!)

Summary

Developer :
    Sustained Land Pte Ltd
    Est. TOP : Early 2014
    District : 21 (Upper Bt Timah)
    Est. Quantum Price : From $7xxK Up
    No. Of Towers : 2
    Tenure : Freehold
    No. Of Storey : 5
    Site Area :
    33,325 sqft
    No. Of Units : 72
    Main Orientation : To Be Released
    Units Composition : 1,1+1,2,3 Bedrooms and Penthouse
    Distance to MRT : King Albert Park MRT in 2015
    Buyers Eligibility : Locals/PRs/Foreigners
    Payment Scheme : Normal Progressive
    Primary Schools within 1km :
    Pei Hwa Presbyterian Pri Sch
    Methodist Girl’s School

Unit Types and Sizes

(No. of Units - Size (sqft))
    1 Bedroom
    18 - 484 to 527

1 + 1 Bedroom
    21 - 571 to 624

2 Bedrooms
    15 - 646 to 721

3 Bedrooms
    3 - 915

2/ 2 + 1/ 3 Penthouse
    15 - 937 to 1593

Total Units :

Facilities

Swimming Pool

Pool Deck
    Gymnasium
    BBQ Area
    Children’s Playground

Exterior

Interior

Site Map

Street Map

Visit www.CondoExpert.sg or call Jonathan @ 8100-8004 for more information on Suites de Laurel as well as for other new launch condos!

Hi, if there's a tree that is blocking the units in the block, who should I contact to get it removed ? The tree does not belong to the Sdl site , but sits just right outside its perimeter and I noticed the branches do get really very close to some units blocking the view entirely ..

Hi, if there's a tree that is blocking the units in the block, who should I contact to get it removed ? The tree does not belong to the Sdl site , but sits just right outside its perimeter and I noticed the branches do get really very close to some units blocking the view entirely ..
    You should be thankful that the tree provides some shade to cool the surrounding.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    You should be thankful that the tree provides some shade to cool the surrounding.
    But what is it eats into the balcony space ?

But what is it eats into the balcony space ?
    U get to harvest and drink free bird's nest.

front security gate is up... almost all completed now. left with some landscaping and then the inspection (which I suspect is already on it's way)

front security gate is up... almost all completed now. left with some landscaping and then the inspection (which I suspect is already on it's way)

Can't this condo open its front entrance on some inside road? The exit is direct to Jalan Anak Bukit - with the buses and cars coming on steep incline downslope from upper bukit timah - the road is curved and and there is serious blindspot where motorists cannot see those cars coming out from this condo. Will be accident prone area. An worse still, motorists going to bukit timah has to keep to the left lanes and that is where the cars come out from this condo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Can't this condo open its front entrance on some inside road? The exit is direct to Jalan Anak Bukit - with the buses and cars coming on steep incline downslope from upper bukit timah - the road is curved and and there is serious blindspot where motorists cannot see those cars coming out from this condo. Will be accident prone area. An worse still, motorists going to bukit timah has to keep to the left lanes and that is where the cars come out from this condo.
    Just need a traffic jam and a yellow box and turning out will be less harrowing.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

What SHIT you talking ?

Provide Ghost Feel and also insect for FREE

Suites De Laurel was fully sold some time ago and inspection passed about a month ago. Some touch up being conducted now and I strongly believe TOP will be announced this month

finally got the call from lawyer's office... told to submit cheque and keys will be ready in 5 working days.

However discovered something really shocking... cost per share of Suites de Laurel is not what initially estimated of S$50+ but S$70.

what more shocking is... penthouses are allocated 6 shares, studio also 6 shares!

So it's a shocking S$420 per month for maintenance regardless of unit!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentacy
    finally got the call from lawyer's office... told to submit cheque and keys will be ready in 5 working days.

However discovered something really shocking... cost per share of Suites de Laurel is not what initially estimated of S$50+ but S$70.

what more shocking is... penthouses are allocated 6 shares, studio also 6 shares!

Really?

It doesn't sound right...

Is really high.

士卫湿得漏了。。。。
    示威试的老了。

How come small & big units all same shares??

Really felt cheated if bought a small studio..

There is a standard set by the authoritites though I am not sure if it is just a guideline or enforceable. For eg units between 500sq ft and 1000sq ft will have the same share values. Units above 1000sq ft will have higher share values and units below 500sqft lower share value. So a 1bedder of 550sqft will end up paying the same maintenance fees as a larger unit of 990sq ft. IN this case if the penthouse unit is larger than 1000sq ft then something is wrong somewhere.

The Commissioner of Buildings COB has a guideline, but the developer can propose otherwise subjected to COB acceptance.

Share value is not only related to maintenance fee but also comes with the voting rights.