Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suites De Laurel @ Jalan Anak Bukit (D21, 999 years LH, Sustained Land Pte Ltd)

915sqft will be the size of a very small 3 bedroom 4rm flat in HDB terms. if you include bay windows and balcony, would be even smaller. I personally feel the most important thing is to have a cosy place so size is not all that important if only 2 people are staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    915sq ft still compact for a 3 bedder so psf and quantum-wise its a good deal, 1.2m+ for 3 bedroom. Other than master, bedroom 2 can fit in a queen bed but only just! face the wardrobe. Bay windows are not excessive but these planters, can you walk out and access them by foot? (i have seen some projects where the planters are really just for plants and at window levels). Balcony is right size vs the unit's total size but as with recent trends, a/c ledge is huge.

Cascadia is indeed right sized too but the combination of the psf and larger unit size makes the quantum higher. The price tag is for the amenities within the compound lol and trying to ride on the fact that it located along Bukit Timah Road. on why that should be the case, like u said, can't walk to amenities and even the walk to future mrt is the furthest vs other developments nearby. Far East as usual is not keen to sell Jardin. I think its an ego thing. They think their gardens in the sky design is so special they will never lower the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    915sqft will be the size of a very small 3 bedroom 4rm flat in HDB terms. if you include bay windows and balcony, would be even smaller. I personally feel the most important thing is to have a cosy place so size is not all that important if only 2 people are staying there.
    if i buy a 915 sqft 3 bedder .. i would knock down 1 rm and make it a nice cosy 2 bedder

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if i buy a 915 sqft 3 bedder .. i would knock down 1 rm and make it a nice cosy 2 bedder
    It's definitely an option, the smallest bedrm can join up to the living rm. My priority is still to have 3 rms, but hey got next 3 yrs to decide.

Hi, welcome to the neighbourhood.
    I have lived nearby for 12 years, love the area: natures reserves, the greeneries: great place to walk, hike and jog which I do all 3. Far from the madding crowd and yet 2 lovely supermarts within walking distance, good food also nearby Cheong Chin Nam area, MGS round the corner-all round very good for families, nature lovers and outdoor types.
    And far from the madding crowd.
    And don't believe people who say traffic is very bad during. I work downtown and am able to get to the office about half hour; and short drive to Orchard Road on weekends (thats the only time ever I have the need or wish to go).
    With the future DTL MRT at the doorstep almost, you can't go wrong.
    Only thing is units are getting rather smallish-maybe HongKong influence. Saw Cascadia and as I mentioned in the other thread, was looking for a 4rm but were only 1410-1490sf only about the size of my current 3rm- maybe just some getting use to and more discipline required in not buying/accumulating stuffs and avoiding clutter.
    Bad news? Can't really think of any except not a target of speculators like perhaps the other end of Dunearn Road (which again can be a good thing depending).

Quote Originally Posted by jencrs
    It's definitely an option, the smallest bedrm can join up to the living rm. My priority is still to have 3 rms, but hey got next 3 yrs to decide.

i think 1,300psf can turn out to be a good buy. If i remember correctly, there's a plot of state land next to future beauty world MRT next to Sherwood Towers. By the time, government release for tender, it shld fetch more than the $600psf ppr that the latest tender for Potong Pasir fetch due to its better location. If really tender at $600+, most likely developers will sell at +/- $1,200psf for this 99yrs LH. So in my opinion, $1,300psf for this 999yrs development is quite worth it. Just my humble 2 cents worth...

hmm..tat area better den PP?

different preference but i feel that area has a slight edge over PP in terms of the general perception of "class" though i m not an advocate of that.

its not about proximity to town, its a traditional bukit timah thinghy. juz look at jardin holding up out for 1700psf. PP how to hit 1700?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    hmm..tat area better den PP?

better clarify that we are discussing PP = potong pasir, lest others think we are discussing pasir panjang.

different preference but i feel that area has a slight edge over PP in terms of the general perception of "class" though i m not an advocate of that.

its not about proximity to town, its a traditional bukit timah thinghy. juz look at jardin holding up out for 1700psf. PP how to hit 1700?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Potong Pasir a big area previously are cemetery!
    Never have good impression of Potong Pasir vs "Bukit Timah" (even if it is just compared to Upper Bukit Timah, the lesser cousin of the lower part of Bukit Timah).

if we use bukit timah/that big busy road junction to draw the line then too bad, the govt site discussed above comes under upper bukit timah. LOL. still i think it has an edge over PP. Its really not comparable, PP is purely for "number of north east line train stops from the city".

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Never have good impression of Potong Pasir vs "Bukit Timah" (even if it is just compared to Upper Bukit Timah, the lesser cousin of the lower part of Bukit Timah).

I think Potong Pasir and Upper Bukit Timah have very different vibes. One is along the existing NE MRT station peppered with new HDB estates e.g. Hougang - not much history or special attributes other than MRT line. The other one is a nature reserves area, mostly private properties and leafy area with some heritage and history e.g. Beauty World, Fort factory and one of the most heavily fought road during WW2 with a KTM train line running through (future rail trail perhaps for cyclists and trekkers?). Can't really compare the price of NE line region with the future downtown line region - very different characteristic that probably attract very different target market. In terms of distance to town (by counting no. of MRT stations), I don't think they are that far apart.

It's interesting when you ask people for good food in Bukit Timah area - most will start naming the restaurants along Upper Bukit Timah instead. So the area has its own charm - and sometimes is more laid back and interesting than "lower Bukit Timah". I was looking though this "Bukit timah walking trail" published by Singapore Tourism Board - can't help but feel the "upper bukit timah" part of the bt timah trail which covers the ten mile to the first mile - the Upper Bukit timah part (6th mile onwards) is a lot more interesting than the lower bukit timah part - which is essentially just residential with not much heritage or nature.

this project not selling well...surprised to noe still got many 1/2bedders with better facing. I wud recommend 2bedder for investment stack 2 and 17...721sqft, 2nd room really small but living area still decent. slightly less den 1mil after discount...better deal den cascadia...but the pool really abit too small for comfy...

I think too high PSF $1350-$1550psf for Upper Bukit Timah with no MRT station yet. And also, not a district where MM units will fly off the shelves? It is after all an untested MM area, unlike the usual suspects.

this project not selling well...surprised to noe still got many 1/2bedders with better facing. I wud recommend 2bedder for investment stack 2 and 17...721sqft, 2nd room really small but living area still decent. slightly less den 1mil after discount...better deal den cascadia...but the pool really abit too small for comfy...

my favourite place is Cheong Chin Nam Street

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    It's interesting when you ask people for good food in Bukit Timah area - most will start naming the restaurants along Upper Bukit Timah instead.

Quote Originally Posted by livenlove
    Hi, welcome to the neighbourhood.
    thanks livenlove.

I wud recommend 2bedder for investment stack 2 and 17...721sqft
    Heard stack 2 (aka stack B) no more, stack 17 (aka stack J1) only 1 left.

Heard stack 2 (aka stack B) no more, stack 17 (aka stack J1) only 1 left.
    dun tell me some forumers grab it after seeing my posting?

jokes aside, glad tat some units r sold

dun tell me some forumers grab it after seeing my posting?

jokes aside, glad tat some units r sold
    haha i'm sure you'd like your mere musings to move markets.

Not true lah. Lower Bukit Timah around "Newton"also has its heritage. Just look at the trees in the middle & beside Newton Road there already so old and you know Newton Road has existed for very very long time already (upper bukit timah at that time not even populated? Only later then has a Ford factory).
    Upper Bukit Timah always so jammed, too crowded, too densely populated and insufficient road capacity to handle the volume of vehicles there.

It's interesting when you ask people for good food in Bukit Timah area - most will start naming the restaurants along Upper Bukit Timah instead. So the area has its own charm - and sometimes is more laid back and interesting than "lower Bukit Timah". I was looking though this "Bukit timah walking trail" published by Singapore Tourism Board - can't help but feel the "upper bukit timah" part of the bt timah trail which covers the ten mile to the first mile - the Upper Bukit timah part (6th mile onwards) is a lot more interesting than the lower bukit timah part - which is essentially just residential with not much heritage or nature.

If Upper Bt Timah surrounded by so much greenery and primary rainforest and low plot ratio is dense, then I dunno which place is not dense. This place prolly got more trees than human. But the MRT construction and winding f1 tracks r nuisance u hv to deal with for next few years.

Yes with low plot ratio and yet the roads cannot even accomodate the vehicle traffic that there is always perpetual jam during peak hours. Even on weekends, the road leading into PIE is forever very heavy traffic. I can only assume there are just too many residents driving there that the roads cannot even accomodate. Otherwise how to explain the forever traffic jam over there?

On the other hand, the lower Bukit Timah Road after Steven Road junction, despite the high plot ratio, the roads are so much smoother most of the time.
    Why?

If Upper Bt Timah surrounded by so much greenery and primary rainforest and low plot ratio is dense, then I dunno which place is not dense. This place prolly got more trees than human. But the MRT construction and winding f1 tracks r nuisance u hv to deal with for next few years.

That road is only jam during weekends due to right turning classes to jurong Kechil for all silly enrichment classes for children. Really strange due to poor design. Left lane got bus lane and turn out left to PIE, right lane turning right for parents sending children to enrichment classes on Sat. End up no lane can go straight Anyway, go PIE got numerous ways lah. Dairy Farm bestest or else just go by Jurong Kechil. Weekdays is a breeze nowadays ever since change traffic light timing.

URA is the best. i remember writing in to enquire about future development in the area and the response is "designated low density area" i.e. not much focus which may not be bad thing lah. Too much construction can be a nightmare as well.

Yes with low plot ratio and yet the roads cannot even accomodate the vehicle traffic that there is always perpetual jam during peak hours. Even on weekends, the road leading into PIE is forever very heavy traffic. I can only assume there are just too many residents driving there that the roads cannot even accomodate. Otherwise how to explain the forever traffic jam over there?

On the other hand, the lower Bukit Timah Road after Steven Road junction, despite the high plot ratio, the roads are so much smoother most of the time.
    Why?

Back to this Suites De Laurel (Faint! what kind of cheem name?) How's the sales so far? I know recent launch like Flamingo Valley and The Sound are doing quite badly. At The Sound which only sold a handful of unit, Far East is VERY WILLING to negotiate - look desperate - never see Far East so desperate before - usually they don't budge on price in order not to "hurt" the early buyers.

The Sound: 1) Not many early buyers (maybe 3 or 5?) 2) Super record price at premium way above existing projects nearby, so of course willing to negotiate.

I am also curious how this project is doing but seems like started to move a few more after devilplate's 2 bedroom recommendation. i think the facing railway track side should do well but the jalan anak bukit side, not sure when it will ever be sold out.

Back to this Suites De Laurel (Faint! what kind of cheem name?) How's the sales so far? I know recent launch like Flamingo Valley and The Sound are doing quite badly. At The Sound which only sold a handful of unit, Far East is VERY WILLING to negotiate - look desperate - never see Far East so desperate before - usually they don't budge on price in order not to "hurt" the early buyers.

The Sound is absorbing stamp duty, guessing they didn't do that earlier. Well, I'd be pissed if I were one of the early buyers too, altho......there aren't that many of those.

As for the suites, was told there are "limited" 2 bedders left. Most units facing the road are still available, but apparently they move 2-3 units every week.

Looking from a bird's eye view, I think that only stacks E, F and G, and maybe D, would be really affected by the road and afternoon sun. The rest would possibly be far enough away from the road, or at least be partially blocked by Gardenvista.

What do you guys think of the leftover 1+1 study (type E and F) units facing the road and some of the 1 bedroom facing one another?

Is it worth considering if size is not an issue?

At low 800k++ for a 1+1 study, what are the potential when project TOP with MRT ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentacy
    What do you guys think of the leftover 1+1 study (type E and F) units facing the road and some of the 1 bedroom facing one another?

Is it worth considering if size is not an issue?

At low 800k++ for a 1+1 study, what are the potential when project TOP with MRT ready?
    Just FYI project on paper will TOP mid 2014 while MRT ready only 2015, so it doesn't TOP with MRT ready, unless MRT way ahead of schedule.

Just FYI project on paper will TOP mid 2014 while MRT ready only 2015, so it doesn't TOP with MRT ready, unless MRT way ahead of schedule.
    Ya, I realized the MRT there will only be ready in 2015. I believe this project will TOP earlier than 2014. Developer would rather finish up projects that are mostly sold quicky so the money will be disperse to them?

Still, what do you foresee of the potential or quality of living in this development? (be it, 1/2 bedroom, 1+1 study or even the penthouse).

Sorry man i too noob to answer ur qn. Anyway, won't be objective since i vested for self stay at the moment. Hopefully some of the gurus here can help u. Btw u got any pricing for those units u interested in?

And what has the trend been like since it launched cuz i haven't been keeping track.