Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D16 *Eastern Region Line (ERL)

Default MRT in D16 *Eastern Region Line (ERL)

Anybody know of any insight into the ERL running from city to Changi?

Somekind of an extended thread from the "MRT in D15 *eastern region line" thread http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...?t=9306&page=5

at the moment we are more interested on developments along DTL3 particularly near Bedok Reservoir. The announcement of the DTL3 station will be out soon...

As for ERL, think the earliest announcement will be some time in 2012.

Why? Soil testings for DTL3 were completed some time early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Anybody know of any insight into the ERL running from city to Changi?

Somekind of an extended thread from the "MRT in D15 *eastern region line" thread http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...?t=9306&page=5

Nice post from D15 thread.

Nice work from forummers, guesstimate of stations along ERL.

wow...(found this from another forum, ack'ed)

"From White Paper on World Class Land Transport System, 1996

Kallang Line was first revealed in the white paper on World Class Land Transport System. Together with Northshore line in 1996. You can also can see the extension of EWL in the west.
    Much of this 1996 plan has been modified and materialized - Circle Line, EWL extension. Much of section of ERL was also planned."

Which forum do you get it from???

wow...(found this from another forum, ack'ed)

"From White Paper on World Class Land Transport System, 1996

Kallang Line was first revealed in the white paper on World Class Land Transport System. Together with Northshore line in 1996. You can also can see the extension of EWL in the west.
    Much of this 1996 plan has been modified and materialized - Circle Line, EWL extension. Much of section of ERL was also planned."

From the other thread:-

"Originally Posted by sealover
    My "guess" of the 12 stations are:

1. Garden by the Bay
    2. Tanjong Rhu
    3. Meyer
    4. Tanjong Katong
    5. Marine Parade
    6. Teluk Kurau
    7. Siglap
    8. Bayshore
    9. Bedok South
    10. Changi South
    11. Airport T4
    12. Changi Village
    "

--------------------------
    Nice work, I like it...

Just wonder is there any more info from the bro/sis here about ERL - the stretch extending after the D15 area? What possibility of stations and location, and what will be the impact to D16,17,18 etc.

Just wonder is there any more info from the bro/sis here about ERL - the stretch extending after the D15 area? What possibility of stations and location, and what will be the impact to D16,17,18 etc.
    The map below is a hypothetical MRT network come 2020.

D16 will benefit, not too sure about 17 and 18.

Must I must say i am surprised that nothing is planned for the Flora Road A B C D E F G condos.

Is there not a Marine Parade station plan for?

The 2020 plan is way too ambitious. DTL1, DTL2, DTL3 will be fully completed only by 2017.
    Give and take 5 years, LTA will propose Tuas Extension Line, Thomson Line, and maybe smaller feeder lines (LRT to Bedok or Tananh Merah)?
    That would probably make more sense that a full MRT line.
    Anyway, just wild guesses...

As someone posted on D15 thread...
    "wait for election....some one should ask MM goh...can speed up ERL ...2020 very long " ... nice...

"Taking cue fm LHL post election speech, Cross yr fingers the garment will move forward the thomson and eastern region lines to show that they "listen"!"... from D15 thread.

Drove past upper east coast road late afternoon today and noticed some soil-testing activities going on here (see red dot):

Wouldn't Bedok Corner hawker be a better catchment area?

Unlikely that spot as it is all residential area. PAP will not build it to cater to those blokes as most of them drive. Bedok Camp area 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by levittdub
    Drove past upper east coast road late afternoon today and noticed some soil-testing activities going on here (see red dot):

Wouldn't Bedok Corner hawker be a better catchment area?
    DF

Now that GE is over, transport cost and issues was highlighted during the rally period. And garment says they will listen!!! With East Coast GRC won by them again, but lower percentage, will transport minister annouce the details of ERL? or anytime soon... any views?

Now that GE is over, transport cost and issues was highlighted during the rally period. And garment says they will listen!!! With East Coast GRC won by them again, but lower percentage, will transport minister annouce the details of ERL? or anytime soon... any views?
    I suspect bayshore area all the way to upp east coast will b developed once erl is announced.....erl line vy limited catchment for now.....quite redundant in fact.....too close to the shoreline

Looking forward in time to come on these ERL development from Siglap-to-Bayshore-to Upper East Coast and upper changi area. On the 2008 Master Plan there seems to be a new service road from Bayshore running east-west to Bedok South, and with possibly another exit to ECP towards airport. Perhaps the ERL station in this area will be anything between Bayshore to the Temasek Pri/Sec school area and also serving the residents at that part of Bedok South.

my bet is opposite temasek sec next to temasek primary seving quite a number of hdb blocks....including me when i retire cos i got my hdb flat there.....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    my bet is opposite temasek sec next to temasek primary seving quite a number of hdb blocks....including me when i retire cos i got my hdb flat there.....
    If the potential Bedok South station is likely to be near Temasek Pri or maybe after Temasek Sec school, then where will the station likely to be near the Bayshore Area?

If the potential Bedok South station is likely to be near Temasek Pri or maybe after Temasek Sec school, then where will the station likely to be near the Bayshore Area?
    beats me but i think this erl thingy going to be the next big thing for the whole of east coast....huat ahhhh

beats me but i think this erl thingy going to be the next big thing for the whole of east coast....huat ahhhh
    Isit? I rather not to hf erl.....i m worried more flash floods....if u ask those ppl working in lta, den u will noe y bukit timah got more flooding

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Isit? I rather not to hf erl.....i m worried more flash floods....if u ask those ppl working in lta, den u will noe y bukit timah got more flooding
    sadly we only small voice like or dont like it will happen so might as well like and benefit...$$$ $$$

Yep, East Coast will see a transformation. But at current prices, the upside potential is limited. I think the biggest transformation will be in Upper East Coast leaading to Bedok South.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Yep, East Coast will see a transformation. But at current prices, the upside potential is limited. I think the biggest transformation will be in Upper East Coast leaading to Bedok South.
    I believe biggest tansformation will be costa del sol side...tat huge piece of forested state land

I believe biggest tansformation will be costa del sol side...tat huge piece of forested state land
    Agree, Upper East Coast to Bedok South, Bayshore included.

Problem is, Bayshore area sellers are starting to price in the anticipation. Agents selling the area are already talking about future MRT....etc

Agree, Upper East Coast to Bedok South, Bayshore included.

Problem is, Bayshore area sellers are starting to price in the anticipation. Agents selling the area are already talking about future MRT....etc
    99lh status is holding me back....i duno how long the transformation will finally take place

And den those freehold further in r mostly smaller boutique apts n not so walkable to future mrt....i predict mrtwill be closer to the ecp

99lh status is holding me back....i duno how long the transformation will finally take place

And den those freehold further in r mostly smaller boutique apts n not so walkable to future mrt....i predict mrtwill be closer to the ecp
    Based on plan, there is a Bedok South Station, so the line should turn inland. If a station is put up where radha08 hopes it will be (ie. opposite Temasek Sec Sch) then Bleu, Daffodil and Idyllic East can see a very big upside.

But nothing is concrete now, so bargains can still be had. A couple of years from now when firm plans are announced, prices will shoot 30% if the projections emulate Changi Green/Court following their MRT announcements.

Based on plan, there is a Bedok South Station, so the line should turn inland. If a station is put up where radha08 hopes it will be (ie. opposite Temasek Sec Sch) then Bleu, Daffodil and Idyllic East can see a very big upside.

But nothing is concrete now, so bargains can still be had. A couple of years from now when firm plans are announced, prices will shoot 30% if the projections emulate Changi Green/Court following their MRT announcements.
    Yes agree...but i dun like boutique apts

Parbury hill gd anot? Hmm

Changi green....hehehe
    Last edited by devilplate; 12-07-11 at 13:22.

Yes agree...but i dun like boutique apts

Parbury hill gd anot? Hmm

Changi green....hehehe
    Agree, downside to those apts I mentioned are low number of units. Low speculation and also one desperate neighbour seller may screw up the overall valuation of the whole project. In addition, building height restrictions means plot ratio already max max. Future enbloc gains are limited.