Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D16 *Eastern Region Line (ERL)

Going by the time line....

since Thomson Line due to be up by 2018 and announced in a few months, it can be assumed that if the ERL were to be up in 2020, it should be announced in about 2 years from now.

So looks like more waiting for the ERL.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    2020 for ERL will still be a long wait, those condo along D16's Upp East Coast Road, Bayshore, Kew etc. will mostly then be more then 10yr to near 20yrs, of course there are a few en-bloc rebuild projects that will still be within the first 10yrs from TOP. Long wait lor... and maybe its also a good sign for the next super high peak for property anything from 2016 to 2020 (just guessing).

any ideas where the bayshore station is likely to be? hope my future place won't get affected by construction activities

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    any ideas where the bayshore station is likely to be? hope my future place won't get affected by construction activities
    If there is its unlikely, to affect those projects in Bayshore Road.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    If there is its unlikely, to affect those projects in Bayshore Road.
    why so? unless the station is not going to be at bayshore road. everytime i pass by tampines and witness the DTL construction, i dread

why so? unless the station is not going to be at bayshore road. everytime i pass by tampines and witness the DTL construction, i dread
    if want to have convenience eventually, just have to bear with it for a while lar and wait for better time

Initial plans did not show a Bayshore station.

What is worse is not having a station there but having the inconvenience of its construction.

saw some graphics that has a bayshore station.

Yah... saw that too.

Presently there are 2 schools of thought (or rather speculation)

It depends on the alignment of the track. If it runs along Marine Parade, then it should run through Bayshore. If it runs along East Coast road, then it will bypass Bayshore and the station is more likely at Upper East Coast Road.

After the SERs of the 4 blocks of old one-roomer HDB at Siglap, the speculation is leaning towards bypassing Bayshore.... I guess we'll have to wait a couple of years more to find out.

saw some graphics that has a bayshore station.

well, now the rabbit's outta the bag. just wondering how the underground tunnel will be built beneath upper east coast road.

the area is all built up and roads are 2 lanes wide in each direction......

wats the news? is it out?

there is not much detail related to the news in the Straites times

mentioned about passing Siglap, Marine Parade, Bedok South, Upper East Coast, Tanjong Rhu.

yep... this is nothing new, the names of the stations were known long ago. what is important is the alignment of the track and the precise location of the stations.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    wats the news? is it out?
    Read the thread of MRT in D15...

try this, it has more information, but may not be accurate.

upper east coast is a long stretch

Have they actively lined up soil test machines yet?

They might go with Marine Parade Road ...more scope for finding space for the stations/related structures. And it's nice and straight for most parts.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    upper east coast is a long stretch

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    They might go with Marine Parade Road ...more scope for finding space for the stations/related structures. And it's nice and straight for most parts.
    and where will the stretch be located before hitting marine parade road?!!!

but apparently rumour issues with the old sea wall. dunno, not a civil engineer, so no idea what the engineering difficulties of tunneling below an old sea wall is like.

Point taken...thank you.

Very little space for stations/ventillation ducts for sites along ECR but I reckon engineers will find them.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    but apparently rumour issues with the old sea wall. dunno, not a civil engineer, so no idea what the engineering difficulties of tunneling below an old sea wall is like.

Upper East Cost Road starts from Bedok South Ave 1 to Bedok Road. Thus, it is not parallel to Marine Parade Road.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    Upper East Cost Road starts from Bedok South Ave 1 to Bedok Road. Thus, it is not parallel to Marine Parade Road.
    Actually Upper East Coast Road starts right after Siglap Centre.

taken from skyscraper city thread, this pic is very interesting.

saw this on skyscraper city as well... station E10 seems a bit too close to E9. Also around E10 area, population density seems too low to justify a station to bebuilt

another interesting thing is that the Bayshore area seems to be entirely bypassed.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    saw this on skyscraper city as well... station E10 seems a bit too close to E9. Also around E10 area, population density seems too low to justify a station to bebuilt

another interesting thing is that the Bayshore area seems to be entirely bypassed.
    how is bayshore bypassed?! the track runs through the entire upper east coast road.

don't think population density really matters all that much. if so, dakota wouldn't have been built given that Mountbatten isn't that far away. also the density around the DTL2 is also not that high.

Also there might be plans to move the army camp in the future, who knows.

anyway the length of ERL is approx 13km and there are 10 stations. ER9 and ER10 are approx 1.2km apart. So it seems reasonable.

Ok perhaps "bypass" is not the correct word.

I was referring to one speculation that a station will be built in the heart of the Bayshore area near Bayshore Road but it seems the track will now run further north along Upper East Coast Road instead.

how is bayshore bypassed?! the track runs through the entire upper east coast road.

I was referring to one speculation that a station will be built in the heart of the Bayshore area near Bayshore Road but it seems the track will now run further north along Upper East Coast Road instead.
    i'm fine with not having an MRT station right at my door step, after seeing all the noise and construction activities with the DTL

good point

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    don't think population density really matters all that much. if so, dakota wouldn't have been built given that Mountbatten isn't that far away. also the density around the DTL2 is also not that high.

Also there might be plans to move the army camp in the future, who knows.

anyway the length of ERL is approx 13km and there are 10 stations. ER9 and ER10 are approx 1.2km apart. So it seems reasonable.

i'm fine with not having an MRT station right at my door step, after seeing all the noise and construction activities with the DTL