Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D16 *Eastern Region Line (ERL)

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Siglap station was what I have been speculating all this while but I still wouldn't say that it is confirmed.

As for Bayshore.... it presents a problem if Siglap staion is indeed situated along East Coast Rd instead of Marine Parade Rd.... how can it cut back out to MP again and then into Bayshore area...

Anyway... either way it goes it seems that it will still end up thru' Kew area..... unless my other speculation is correct... ie.. the line turns northwards close to Tanah Merah... but this one is a long shot.
    Siglap station opposite Siglap centre? I should say the likelihood is now 99%. Look at the empty strips of land at both sides of EC and Upper EC. Combined they are as wide if not wider than the roads. There must have been a plan to usher in something great to the east.

Bayshore station? Not likely. Yes, there are cases of stations built with little land. However, as the development over there is fairly recent, sufficient land must had been set aside if it existed in the masterplan. So it is not only about the question of having to turn back to MP. I would rather think that there will be a future station near TJC and Panasonic to cater for a future centre after those old factories under-utilizing the Bedok South area relocate.

On the other side you can see that the strips of land run up til Still Road. There is even a possibility of TK built on EC, on the land government-owned, occupied by NAFA. However this is pure speculation.

Just saw today some soil testing being done on the empty plot of land beside Bedok Court.

That empty plot of land is divided into 2 parts by a footpath. The open grounded closer to Bedok court is slated for residential development as reflected in URA website.

The land use for the open ground closer to Tanah Merah MRT is still not clear yet. Wonder what's going on?

Chai Chee Secondary School site is also unused. Can potentially become a transitional primary/secondary school premise, or potentially Bayshore station.

looks like the erl is one of the ltas best kept secrets...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    looks like the erl is one of the ltas best kept secrets...
    Insiders would have already bought long time ago. Very difficult to hide actually because of contractors' involvements.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Insiders would have already bought long time ago. Very difficult to hide actually because of contractors' involvements.

yup i suppose so..people like us will just keep on speculating...

yup i suppose so..people like us will just keep on speculating...
    The ERL stations quite a no-brainer la.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    The ERL stations quite a no-brainer la.
    Can you share where the ERL stations are located? Thank you.

Ya I for one still not sure if and where TKurau mrt will be...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Ya lor...

Also where the Bedok South Station will be. How about Bayshore... confirm dun have? Any at Upper East Coast..?

Can you share where the ERL stations are located? Thank you.
    Go browse the ERL thread, as well as in other forums...many bro and sis "projected" highly probable locations already.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Everyone says MP police station area- makes sense to serve marine terrace residents.

Go browse the ERL thread, as well as in other forums...many bro and sis "projected" highly probable locations already.
    By the way, I also contributed to the ERL thread and also other forums. When I first suggested back then that the Siglap station may be at the junction of East Coast Rd and Siglap Rd everybody said it was very unlikely but now it seems it is almost certain.

The projections are based on the ERL along MP rd into Bayshore due to sightings of soil testing. Now with the HDB one-roomers going SERs at Siglap, the speculation is that the Siglap station will be there, the projections have to be adjusted.

Anyway, I think the ERL is certainly not a no-brainer. There are still some problems with the line and the stations are not firmed up yet. There may still some surprises in store.

By the way, I also contributed to the ERL thread and also other forums. When I first suggested back then that the Siglap station may be at the junction of East Coast Rd and Siglap Rd everybody said it was very unlikely but now it seems it is almost certain.

The projections are based on the ERL along MP rd into Bayshore due to sightings of soil testing. Now with the HDB one-roomers going SERs at Siglap, the speculation is that the Siglap station will be there, the projections have to be adjusted.

Anyway, I think the ERL is certainly not a no-brainer. There are still some problems with the line and the stations are not firmed up yet. There may still some surprises in store.
    You need to know someone impt in LTA then you'll know.

You need to know someone impt in LTA then you'll know.
    It should be an open secret at LTA. Everybody just pretends not to know but probably quietly buying up properties near the future stations via proxies.

but the funny thing is that there were never any soil testing seen around the HDB site. my guess is that although it seems likely. it is not that certain.

Along East Coast Road there were a couple of options, the HDB units being one of them. But I reckon its not along ECR.

In the interest of tunnelling, the line sld be straight as possible. So if runs along MP road, then the station sld be near Victoria Sec for Siglap.
    The SERS flats are one way for the Gahmen to monetise the real estate there. Only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    but the funny thing is that there were never any soil testing seen around the HDB site. my guess is that although it seems likely. it is not that certain.
    Precisely... I think the ERL is not a done deal yet.

Nothing is certain.

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Along East Coast Road there were a couple of options, the HDB units being one of them. But I reckon its not along ECR.

In the interest of tunnelling, the line sld be straight as possible. So if runs along MP road, then the station sld be near Victoria Sec for Siglap.
    The SERS flats are one way for the Gahmen to monetise the real estate there. Only my opinion.
    straightness of the track is not an issue. look at existing and future lines, they curve all over the place. http://www.onemap.sg/index.html gives a very good map on the routes of the MRT.

until now still no news ???

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    until now still no news ???
    the way it works is like one fine day u wake up buy the newspapers...and VOILA headlines...ERL announced...so keep buying papers....

i also waiting PATIENTLY..

the way it works is like one fine day u wake up buy the newspapers...and VOILA headlines...ERL announced...so keep buying papers....

i also waiting PATIENTLY..
    still waiting

still waiting
    ya... still waiting.

Many people waiting ...will come for sure - just if 2017 or later.

still waiting
    Ha ha ha ... that was funny.

Looks like many forumers are vested in the east and waiting until neck long long. Recall that Minister Liu mentioned there were technical challenges delaying the announcement of alignment. Probably due to large reclaimed land in the east and a more cautious approach after the Nicoll highway experience. Won't be surprised if they eventually have to build it above ground.....

Not enough Foreign Workers to build so many tunnels concurrently.
    Must dig DTL then recycle workers to ERL. So delay...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden

Looks like many forumers are vested in the east and waiting until neck long long. Recall that Minister Liu mentioned there were technical challenges delaying the announcement of alignment. Probably due to large reclaimed land in the east and a more cautious approach after the Nicoll highway experience. Won't be surprised if they eventually have to build it above ground.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden

i think it must have something to do with FTs, HDB/Pte Pty demand supply situation, Schools/FSI landzone, MRT breakdowns, alignment, GE2016/zoning etc. etc. but most importantly Concept Plan 2011 - which is oso delayed in announcements... sianz.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    i think it must have something to do with FTs, HDB/Pte Pty demand supply situation, Schools/FSI landzone, MRT breakdowns, alignment, GE2016/zoning etc. etc. but most importantly Concept Plan 2011 - which is oso delayed in announcements... sianz.
    The delay may not be a bad thing. Making an announcement now benefits mainly the developers. When interest returns to the resale market, an announcement then can better benefit owners?

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore...-be-shown-soon

Thomson Line alignment, stations to be shown soon

by Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid
    04:45 AM Jul 12, 2012

SINGAPORE - The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is in the final stages of the advance engineering study for the Thomson Line, and will announce the alignment and stations "in the next few months".

The LTA is also starting consultancy studies for the Eastern Region line which will eventually connect to the Thomson Line.

Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo revealed this yesterday as she launched the start of tunnelling works for the third and final stage of the Downtown Line (DTL3).

Due for completion in 2018, the LTA has confirmed only Woodlands as an interchange so far for the Thomson Line. The authority has mentioned Marina Bay as the end point in the south, and that the line would connect to the Eastern Region Line, due to be up in 2020.

DTL3, which will have 16 stations, will run almost parallel to the East-West line. For those who live and work around this stretch of the line, DTL3 will provide a transport link to the Central Business District, the Marina Bay area and the rest of the island.

The entire tunnelling process for the whole 21-km stretch of DTL3 is expected to take about 25 months. The first of two tunnel-boring machines at the future Mattar Station will tunnel through a distance of about 1.4km to Geylang Bahru Station. The Bencoolen station, at 43m underground, will be the deepest station on the entire rail network and will take the longest time among the DTL3 stations to build. The LTA said DTL3 is on track to be completed in 2017.

Construction of the first two phases of the Downtown Line is also making good progress.

Mrs Teo said Phase 1 is on track to open its six stations towards the end of next year, while about 35 per cent of tunnelling work for Phase 2 has been completed. The first two trains will be delivered in October this year and another six progressively before the line opens.

"The Downtown Line will enhance overall rail connectivity in the eastern corridor, and bring relief to the crowded stretches of the East-West Line which we experience from time to time," said Mrs Teo. "Downtown Line will give us a much denser rail network which will make public transport more comprehensive and more convenient for our commuters."

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore...-be-shown-soon

Thomson Line alignment, stations to be shown soon

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/cmsf....jpg&h=65&w=55
    by Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid
    04:45 AM Jul 12, 2012

SINGAPORE - The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is in the final stages of the advance engineering study for the Thomson Line, and will announce the alignment and stations "in the next few months".

The LTA is also starting consultancy studies for the Eastern Region line which will eventually connect to the Thomson Line.

Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo revealed this yesterday as she launched the start of tunnelling works for the third and final stage of the Downtown Line (DTL3).

Due for completion in 2018, the LTA has confirmed only Woodlands as an interchange so far for the Thomson Line. The authority has mentioned Marina Bay as the end point in the south, and that the line would connect to the Eastern Region Line, due to be up in 2020.

DTL3, which will have 16 stations, will run almost parallel to the East-West line. For those who live and work around this stretch of the line, DTL3 will provide a transport link to the Central Business District, the Marina Bay area and the rest of the island.

The entire tunnelling process for the whole 21-km stretch of DTL3 is expected to take about 25 months. The first of two tunnel-boring machines at the future Mattar Station will tunnel through a distance of about 1.4km to Geylang Bahru Station. The Bencoolen station, at 43m underground, will be the deepest station on the entire rail network and will take the longest time among the DTL3 stations to build. The LTA said DTL3 is on track to be completed in 2017.

Construction of the first two phases of the Downtown Line is also making good progress.

Mrs Teo said Phase 1 is on track to open its six stations towards the end of next year, while about 35 per cent of tunnelling work for Phase 2 has been completed. The first two trains will be delivered in October this year and another six progressively before the line opens.

"The Downtown Line will enhance overall rail connectivity in the eastern corridor, and bring relief to the crowded stretches of the East-West Line which we experience from time to time," said Mrs Teo. "Downtown Line will give us a much denser rail network which will make public transport more comprehensive and more convenient for our commuters."
    2020 for ERL will still be a long wait, those condo along D16's Upp East Coast Road, Bayshore, Kew etc. will mostly then be more then 10yr to near 20yrs, of course there are a few en-bloc rebuild projects that will still be within the first 10yrs from TOP. Long wait lor... and maybe its also a good sign for the next super high peak for property anything from 2016 to 2020 (just guessing).