Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D16 *Eastern Region Line (ERL)

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    As the stations will be mainly underground, they only need to cater space for the exits/entrances which is not a lot. The main thing is whether the soil is suitable for a station (as you have correctly mentioned) since the area is all reclaimed land.

By the way you mentioned earlier that you spoke to the agent at The Shore by FEO, did you mean The Sound instead?
    The Shore. My guess is that the closest station to The Sound most likely will be the one at Marine Parade Road/Telok Kurau Road junction, mainly serving the Marine Terrace HDB flats. I remember Telok Kurau station was mentioned somewhere and very likely will become the actual name for the station.

Not sure how accurate is this but it's from skyscraper forum.
    It's by Y2koh
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/tsl4.jpg/

Last edited by ecimbew; 04-10-11 at 21:33.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Not sure how accurate is this but it's from skyscraper forum.
    It's by Y2koh
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/tsl4.jpg/
    Anything further east?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Maybe they should just build the line along ECP can liaoz haa haa.
    Imagine your friend sending you home and then drop you off at ECP to ask you to walk the rest of the way home?

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Imagine your friend sending you home and then drop you off at ECP to ask you to walk the rest of the way home?
    ECP Line: A station each south of Marina South, Marine Parade, Bayshore (since many people like it), and run LRTs to serve the communities.

Someone told me that the ERL would turn north towards Eunos or Kembangang and miss Siglap, Bayshore etc altogether. Does that has anything to do with this "challenge" thing? Must stress that this is just hearsay and I would be the first one against it if it ever get adopted.

Another possibility is for the track to run along East Coast Road. Owners of The Sound would be very happy. Do notice that there is also a stretch of empty land alongside ECR. That could be Plan B. The wisdom of our government is unfathomable!

Quote Originally Posted by wnt
    ECP Line: A station each south of Marina South, Marine Parade, Bayshore (since many people like it), and run LRTs to serve the communities.

Someone told me that the ERL would turn north towards Eunos or Kembangang and miss Siglap, Bayshore etc altogether. Does that has anything to do with this "challenge" thing? Must stress that this is just hearsay and I would be the first one against it if it ever get adopted.

Another possibility is for the track to run along East Coast Road. Owners of The Sound would be very happy. Do notice that there is also a stretch of empty land alongside ECR. That could be Plan B. The wisdom of our government is unfathomable!
    I heard similar only the point where it heads north is not known. For sure, Marine Parade/ Telok Kurau area will not be too far off from current speculation. Siglap may be the turning point should it head north, so Siglap station is hard to place. It could either be at Siglap Road or Marine Parade Road.

Among other things I've heard is that it joins the EWL at Tanah Merah as an interchange instead of Eunos/Kembangan though I can't see any room there to accomodate.

Among other things I've heard is that it joins the EWL at Tanah Merah as an interchange instead of Eunos/Kembangan though I can't see any room there to accomodate.
    Joining up Eunos would be good for me. There's also plenty of land next to the station at the moment. Construction at the already busy Still road and Jalan Eunos would be a pain though.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    Joining up Eunos would be good for me. There's also plenty of land next to the station at the moment. Construction at the already busy Still road and Jalan Eunos would be a pain though.
    Well according to the LTA website, the ERL is supposed to served Bedok South and Upper East Coast. If it turns north so early to Eunos then this 2 areas will be missed.

Well according to the LTA website, the ERL is supposed to served Bedok South and Upper East Coast. If it turns north so early to Eunos then this 2 areas will be missed.
    Serving Bedok South works for me too. Probably makes more sense to be along Upper East Coast though Bedok South Road have plenty of land for a station from Temasek JC stretch onwards to Kew Residences.

Serving Bedok South works for me too. Probably makes more sense to be along Upper East Coast though Bedok South Road have plenty of land for a station from Temasek JC stretch onwards to Kew Residences.
    There is indeed a possibility or even probability that ERL would turn north to Bedok South, intersect with the EWL at Bedok station and then end at DTL Bedok North or Bedok Reservoir. If this scheme is adopted, one reason would be that the population further east has not reached a threshold to justify operating MRT there. The impending construction at Bedok central would be coincidental to turning it into a hub.

SPECIFICALLY next to temasek pri opposite temasek secondary would be good.. ...vested

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    SPECIFICALLY next to temasek pri opposite temasek secondary would be good.. ...vested
    Highly probable...

In between Telok Kurau to Bedok South is still questionable it seems.

Can someone make a list of probable MRT sites and stations? Thanks

Highly probable...

In between Telok Kurau to Bedok South is still questionable it seems.

Can ask shwan in the aristo site. He seems to know a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    Can someone make a list of probable MRT sites and stations? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Can ask shwan in the aristo site. He seems to know a lot.

From LTA website, so it is black and white:

The Government has announced plans to build two new lines, namely the Thomson Line and the Eastern Region Line. The Thomson Line (TSL) and the Eastern Region Line (ERL) together will add 48km to our rail network. The Government has given the go-ahead for the TSL to be built by 2018, and the ERL by 2020.

The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential restates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east.

So there will definitely be one in Siglap and one in Bedok South. Expect to travel underground along Upper East Coast Road in the future, folks!

5 to 10 years of inconvenience is worth it!
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Pricing around MP central have already factored in for the mrt stn. The only moderating factor will depend on a short work, long walk or take a bus to the station. It may have to wait 10 years later to have further price increase when it is ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by wnt
    From LTA website, so it is black and white:

The Government has announced plans to build two new lines, namely the Thomson Line and the Eastern Region Line. The Thomson Line (TSL) and the Eastern Region Line (ERL) together will add 48km to our rail network. The Government has given the go-ahead for the TSL to be built by 2018, and the ERL by 2020.

The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential restates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east.

So there will definitely be one in Siglap and one in Bedok South. Expect to travel underground along Upper East Coast Road in the future, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    5 to 10 years of inconvenience is worth it!
    as it would be an underground construction ...

do you think there will be some form of inconvenience during these 10 yrs ?

if YES ..then rental will be affected right ?

Traffic will be worst on weekends as it is already quite jam up around the MP central area.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

Traffic will be worst on weekends as it is already quite jam up around the MP central area.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

but that is so close to the tana merah MRT.

Default Station locations of Eastern Region Line may remain unknown next year

Construction schedule of the MRT line until 2020 was announced three years ago but to date a spokesman from the Ministry of Transport (MOT) reports no significant development yet.

http://sbr.com.sg/transport-logistic...nown-next-year

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    but that is so close to the tana merah MRT.
    if u consider 20 to 25 min walk close then u can call it close...

Quote Originally Posted by SBR
    Construction schedule of the MRT line until 2020 was announced three years ago but to date a spokesman from the Ministry of Transport (MOT) reports no significant development yet.

hmmm can stop all the speculation for now...

hmmm can stop all the speculation for now...
    where the soil test is, the speculation will follow, inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by SBR

This guy knew nothing. His boss tells more in this report:

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore...plans-on-track

Quote Originally Posted by TOP
    This guy knew nothing. His boss tells more in this report:

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore...plans-on-track
    Bro, I think you've gotten your timeline wrong. The article you posted has been overtaken by events.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/is-this-sin...-network-.html

and so the speculation starts again...

ok now that siglap station is confirmed........wats next....bayshore....kew....

ok now that siglap station is confirmed........wats next....bayshore....kew....
    Siglap station was what I have been speculating all this while but I still wouldn't say that it is confirmed.

As for Bayshore.... it presents a problem if Siglap staion is indeed situated along East Coast Rd instead of Marine Parade Rd.... how can it cut back out to MP again and then into Bayshore area...

Anyway... either way it goes it seems that it will still end up thru' Kew area..... unless my other speculation is correct... ie.. the line turns northwards close to Tanah Merah... but this one is a long shot.