Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OPNION ON INVESTMENT STRATEGY

Default OPNION ON INVESTMENT STRATEGY

hey guys,

The following are the list of questions:

1) would you buy a slightly older project knowing that a new project just beside it is selling at 200-300psf higher?

2) would you buy a brand new project knowing that there are surrounding plots of land also marked for residential development or some new shopping centre etc is coming up nearby?

3) would you buy a very old freehold project near mrt line and wait for en bloc?

what would your choice be and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    hey guys,

1) would you buy a slightly older project knowing that a new project just beside it is selling at 200-300psf higher?

2) would you buy a brand new project knowing that there are surrounding plots of land also marked for residential development or some new shopping centre etc is coming up nearby?

3) would you buy a very old freehold project near mrt line and wait for en bloc?

1) Yes, I urged my fren to buy Blue Horizon and he is happily sitting on gd immediate paper gains

2) Depends on location. For eg...Treehouse fits into the bill: But i will not buy into it.

3) Be it FH or 99LH, doesnt matter for enbloc...again Location tat matters...only buy into prime areas with no GLS nearby if u hoping for a enbloc windfall...u nid to dig in deeper (plot ratio, ht restriction, size of plot...too small no gd, too big more den 500mil aso hard for dev to swallow)

I have 2 questions, and the first is a naive one:
    1. What is GLS?
    2. I'm wondering why a slightly older dev is selling for 200-300 psf lower than the new dev next door. I've just pop over to h88.com and looked at its review of the Vision. Why would anyone buy that instead of Blue Horizon next door??

Many thanks for any comments.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    1) Yes, I urged my fren to buy Blue Horizon and he is happily sitting on gd immediate paper gains

2) Depends on location. For eg...Treehouse fits into the bill: But i will not buy into it.

3) Be it FH or 99LH, doesnt matter for enbloc...again Location tat matters...only buy into prime areas with no GLS nearby if u hoping for a enbloc windfall...u nid to dig in deeper (plot ratio, ht restriction, size of plot...too small no gd, too big more den 500mil aso hard for dev to swallow)

Quote Originally Posted by chanys
    I have 2 questions, and the first is a naive one:
    1. What is GLS?
    2. This is for the thread-starter. I'm wondering why a slightly older dev is selling for 200-300 psf lower than the new dev next door. Is it because the older dev is a 99yr leasehold and thus the value is dropping, perhaps this dev is already 10-20 yrs old?
    1) Govt Land Sales (be it HDB/URA sales agt)

2)In current bull market, new launches usually a price leader. Even for a FH resale condo less den 5yo, u wud expect new launches to be 10-30% higher for same FH status. Simply becoz, if new launches r priced at the same price as older resale, den wat happens to the prices for the older resale. Imagine 3-4yrs later when the new project TOP (brandnew) and the older project will be another 3-4yr older. Hope it make sense.

i feel new project prices are always welcome in a neighbourhood with a lot of old projects. if you have 6 new projects coming up in the area and only 3 old projects in a location, the old project prices will automatically be lifted by the new projects. If there are many new projects spouting up in that area, there is always these enbloc mentality in the the owners of the old projects, causing them to price their units based on future enbloc prices (Green Lodge being an example).

1) Govt Land Sales (be it HDB/URA sales agt)

2)In current bull market, new launches usually a price leader. Even for a FH resale condo less den 5yo, u wud expect new launches to be 10-30% higher for same FH status. Simply becoz, if new launches r priced at the same price as older resale, den wat happens to the prices for the older resale. Imagine 3-4yrs later when the new project TOP (brandnew) and the older project will be another 3-4yr older. Hope it make sense.

hey guys,

Thank you. You just reminded me of my current position.
    I own a brand new FH unit and the above 3 criteria fit like a T men. May be you have the same place in mind as I do. He He..

hey guys,

depends whether is for own stay or investment

buy for enbloc is riskier now with new enbloc rules coming up. I think enbloc is like strike toto, if it happens wonderful, but i wont factor enbloc as primary purchase consideration now ~

Quote Originally Posted by august
    depends whether is for own stay or investment

buy for enbloc is riskier now with new enbloc rules coming up. I think enbloc is like strike toto, if it happens wonderful, but i wont factor enbloc as primary purchase consideration now ~
    buying for enbloc is good if you are single ...

many married men buy old dingy FH condo and pray for enbloc
    BUT their wives refused to move it cos too old ..and they spent 200k to renovate .. in the end ..if he had bought close enbloc price ..he may not get back his money

i have a friend who bought in 2006 .. renovated and moved in .. stayed 2 years ..got enbloc ..

he never expected it nor bought becos of enbloc talk ..he didnt even hear of enbloc before that .. for that project

what he got was just 80k above what he paid and spent on renovation ..

Buy RCR / City Fringe for highest rental yield!

Prime Districts rental yield sucks big time!

No Risk No Gain

now is good time to pick up good undervalued old FH condo/landed property and stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    now is good time to pick up good undervalued old FH condo/landed property and stocks.

why is NOW a good time ?

care to share some views pls ?

now prices are still at a high leh...

I believe that there are some good value old condo or landed ones lying around, i.e. lagging behind those steeply priced new launches. For stocks I think there are some good ones lagging behind, but with good fundamentals and growth plan.

I believe that there are some good value old condo or landed ones lying around, i.e. lagging behind those steeply priced new launches. For stocks I think there are some good ones lagging behind, but with good fundamentals and growth plan.
    for condo...only those old and big size unit will be sort of undervalued in terms of psf...trust me...many of them...but r they really undervalued?

and agts will be using highest psf(MM units) new launches to say their big units resale r cheap...but the quantum huge difference

...waiting for the round 2 of Euro-crisis.

now Dow shattered the 10k support.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    ...waiting for the round 2 of Euro-crisis.
    if crisis hit tmr...i doubt can find any steep discounts/firesales....perhaps 10-20% max...no more deferred payment....prices around 2008 peak prices only....so how much can prices drop

but if prices continue to rise another 20-30% from current prices, the next dip will be exciting

The problem with older condos is units are large lor. And Singaporeans budget r not fantastic. So that's why large units usually fetch lower PSF - even for new launches for same project, PSF can differ by 35%, i.e. a doghouse studio can be 1500psf, but a 3/4 bedder becomes 1,100psf. We have come to stage where people just want to stay in private property for the "address" and "face" - lifestyle consideration, e.g. having a good size unit become less important. In certain areas, almost every new launch is a MM dogbox to cater to that type of demand.

ok wat, 10 to 20% below current prices is already a good buy. still have quite a few deferred payment projects going to TOP in next few years right?

if crisis hit tmr...i doubt can find any steep discounts/firesales....perhaps 10-20% max...no more deferred payment....prices around 2008 peak prices only....so how much can prices drop

but if prices continue to rise another 20-30% from current prices, the next dip will be exciting

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    ok wat, 10 to 20% below current prices is already a good buy. still have quite a few deferred payment projects going to TOP in next few years right?
    for me not attractive...and for those who haf sold and hoping to buy back may even buy back at higher prices in future

i want big big bubble!

that would be like mid 09 pricing leh ...

for me not attractive...and for those who haf sold and hoping to buy back may even buy back at higher prices in future

i want big big bubble!
    u missed sky @ 11 right? time wrongly?

Which project? Can advice

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    u missed sky @ 11 right? time wrongly?
    not enuff ammo tat time...all cash max leverage into equities

when i got ammo now...sky high liao..

sorry, no such project, was responding to devilplate's complaint that even if crisis hits tomorrow, "only 10 to 20% discount max" which he was saying not enough. i thought it would already be a good deal to be 20% off today's prices.

Which project? Can advice

sorry, no such project, was responding to devilplate's complaint that even if crisis hits tomorrow, "only 10 to 20% discount max" which he was saying not enough. i thought it would already be a good deal to be 20% off today's prices.
    I see, didn't pay more attention to e market for some times. In SA till world cup over

I see, didn't pay more attention to e market for some times. In SA till world cup over

champion globe trotter

is Reporter there with you ?

all of a sudden .. no NEW HIGH reports

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    champion globe trotter

is Reporter there with you ?

all of a sudden .. no NEW HIGH reports
    not with me lei. Man, I hate e vuvuzela, non stop noise

Was at a lunch talk by the chief economist of a foreign bank today. There seems to be uncertainty ahead. The acid test of the European Banks on 21 July 2010 seems a very important date. Not sure if it is time to unload property?