Page 67 of 122 FirstFirst ... 374247525762636465666768697071727782879297 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 3638

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Quote Originally Posted by price
    WHAT!? 35k!? i hope he's a prodigy now. I only been through cheap PAP kindergarten under my HDB block
    these are the fees for your average kindergarten.

i read somewhere you're 24 this year. enjoy your youth, enjoy your wedding first. have fun selecting and spending for the wedding. the money spend there is like a drop in the ocean compared to what's to come when you start raising kids.

now you spend by the hundreds and earn by the thousands, next time you spend by thousands and still earn by the thousands, just need to see whether your debit or credit is growing faster.

Seriously the amount of $ parents spend on their kids these days is But i'll be a kiasu parent 1 day too! haha.

Yes agreed. To each his own. people buy into different projects for various reasons.
    what you think is kiasu today is what the minimal survival standard is tomorrow. you'll figure it out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Cost are rising like nobody's business these days... not our mistakes as parents...
    $35k for preschool. where did kane send his child to man!? I dont believe inflation is the only reason? Where are the lower income gonna send their children to then? some people dont even earn $35k pa.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    nett off the baywindow space, the internal space is still of that era.

oh no ah, those are only the school fees, very easy to calculate, annual fees x 4 only mah. I didn't bother including all the others yet. those are too time consuming to calculate.
    Units are bigger than the 10 year old Sunglade for sure...
    http://www.sunglade.com.sg/homepage.htm

what you think is kiasu today is what the minimal survival standard is tomorrow. you'll figure it out soon enough.
    Yep agreed. Life is scary.

i read somewhere you're 24 this year. enjoy your youth, enjoy your wedding first. have fun selecting and spending for the wedding. the money spend there is like a drop in the ocean compared to what's to come when you start raising kids.

now you spend by the hundreds and earn by the thousands, next time you spend by thousands and still earn by the thousands, just need to see whether your debit or credit is growing faster.
    Yea, im 1 who's against using my parents or my wife's parents' monies.

Friends my age who are married/ planning on getting married got their kiasu parents to pay for their 1million$ ECs down payment, $100k St Regis wedding. another 1 bought them a TK penthouse for stay.

I'm building up my own money to pay for my own house and wedding. I didnt study hard back in secondary school, had to pay for my own private degree fees which cost like 25k

envy kids these days.

Yup. I spend more than $2K per month on my kids tuition fees alone. Even a simple holiday in Asia will cost easily $10K for the family. Want to go further for holiday, got to save long long lor or hope to strike 4D.

Your wedding day is the start of the debit growth. But, dun worry lah. The intangibles more than make up for it. A hug and a kiss from your kids everyday is something money cannot buy.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Yup. I spend more than $2K per month on my kids tuition fees alone. Even a simple holiday in Asia will cost easily $10K for the family. Want to go further for holiday, got to save long long lor or hope to strike 4D.

Your wedding day is the start of the debit growth. But, dun worry lah. The intangibles more than make up for it. A hug and a kiss from your kids everyday is something money cannot buy.
    Wish my parents were rich. I only got to attend CDAC remedial classes at night. Few dollars i think?

Wish my parents were rich. I only got to attend CDAC remedial classes at night. Few dollars i think?
    Those days still okay. I belong to the lucky generation that got by without tuition. But, nowadays, it is so competitive. Costs are really high. My kids only go for those normal tuition, in the HDB flat of the tutor with 5 or 6 other kids together. Not those branded centres or one-to-one tuition.

It is without doubt that generally, the better students nowadays come from the more well off families who can afford the extra tuition. Of course, there will always be the smart ones from poorer families, but these are more the exception. There is no longer that level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Those days still okay. I belong to the lucky generation that got by without tuition. But, nowadays, it is so competitive. Costs are really high. My kids only go for those normal tuition, in the HDB flat of the tutor with 5 or 6 other kids together. Not those branded centres or one-to-one tuition.

It is without doubt that generally, the better students nowadays come from the more well off families who can afford the extra tuition. Of course, there will always be the smart ones from poorer families, but these are more the exception. There is no longer that level playing field.
    Same here. No tuition all my life. Now you look at their syllabus, sone of the stuff you also don't know how to teach.

Actually my child has been through infantcare all the way through childcare before hitting primary school. Per month wise is 1.1k-1.7k on childcare fees alone, after Govt subsidy for working moms. You count the 6 years of childcare before he reaches primary school, easily close to 100k. This amount does not even include all the weekend enrichment classes (mental math, Chinese, swimming, music) that he goes for. Family holidays easily 15-20k. Medical and life insurance is another 3k per year. Food is the cheapest part. Rofl... All adds up... Once the child is here, no point adding up how much you spend. Can be depressing.

How is Minton so far? Anyone took any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    If we are unable to install invisible grills, I think it is best to leave the planters sunken so that children are not able to climb over the railings.
    Actually this is quite an interesting website

www.smartwindows.com.sg

Quite keen to do this. Visited a friend's condo recently. She has a huge balcony which she installed a dry kitchen with coffee machine and a dining set, after enclosing the balcony space. She said this is allowed cos the window panels are moveable, and do not alter the look of the condo. Quite gorgeous.

Looks like it's becoming a retirement village.
    Oops my folks will add to this statistic!

But really, retirement village not bad lah. Some of these retirees carry years of experience as being MC members and have time and patience to contribute to the upkeep of the estate. Better than a ghost town or be filled with tenants who dont give a damn.

$35k for preschool. where did kane send his child to man!? I dont believe inflation is the only reason? Where are the lower income gonna send their children to then? some people dont even earn $35k pa.
    Think its over 4 years of education... maybe can ask him to tell us which school he sent to? Its not that bad lah... about $8.8k annually which is about $730/mth. Good nursery and kindergarten lor...

Think its over 4 years of education... maybe can ask him to tell us which school he sent to? Its not that bad lah... about $8.8k annually which is about $730/mth. Good nursery and kindergarten lor...
    Newspaper always report how much the supposedly good kindergartens cost, and mine doesn't fall in that bulge bracket.

Anyway, before this becomes a motherhood forum or kiasuparents forum, back to minton, the smartwindows thing stops air passing through leh.

Invisigrill is good i feel.

Newspaper always report how much the supposedly good kindergartens cost, and mine doesn't fall in that bulge bracket.

Anyway, before this becomes a motherhood forum or kiasuparents forum, back to minton, the smartwindows thing stops air passing through leh.

Invisigrill is good i feel.
    I've seen the invisigrill but the quality is not very strong leh... hmmm... use the vertical ones...

I've seen the invisigrill but the quality is not very strong leh... hmmm... use the vertical ones...
    Oh. It's not robust ah?

Oh. It's not robust ah?
    Not sure if there's only one type of invisible grilles but the ones I saw feels like its made from very thick nylon cables (super thick fishing lines)... Anyway, I suspect its good enough if you don't use a plier to cut the grilles...

Update 18th March 2012.

The smallest block is halfway up.probably hit tp floor in a month.

Update 18th March 2012.
    Thanks azeoprop for the pics. Ur blk coming up nicely.

Judging from its current progress, when do u think it would TOP? 3rd quarter
    Next year possible?

Quote Originally Posted by curio
    Judging from its current progress, when do u think it would TOP? 3rd quarter
    Next year possible?
    Probably early 2014

The internal fittings for the 1145 units will take quite a bit of time to complete. Guess earliest is probably 4th quarter 2013.

Update 18th March 2012.
    thanks for the pics azeoprop! they really are making quick progress. let's hope for early TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisop
    The internal fittings for the 1145 units will take quite a bit of time to complete. Guess earliest is probably 4th quarter 2013.
    u prolly right....i tink realistically 1H 2014 TOP

Yep, it'll be a miracle for them to TOP next year. Earliest maybe Dec 2013 or Q1 2014

hi,

when u guys buy minton, do u get a floorplan layout of exactly where are the electrical points?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by reddyones
    hi,

when u guys buy minton, do u get a floorplan layout of exactly where are the electrical points?

cheers
    Don't think so. Why?

Don't think so. Why?
    For early planning