Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 323742475257585960616263646566677277828792 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 3638

Thread: The Minton (D19, 99 years leasehold, Kheng Leong)

Well, they better build faster as the land lease started in 2007. Which is similar to waterfront waves and key.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    I have not visited Minton as it was not on my preferred list, but I started to pay some interest in it after my friend visited it (again) a few months back and say actually the developer price has increased it slightly. I wonder if the current price (after the discounts) are back to the launch vvip price level...
    The current price level after the discounts is still slightly higher than the initial launch price. Do note that during the vvip preview on the first 2 days, extra 2% discount was given off the list price.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Well, they better build faster as the land lease started in 2007. Which is similar to waterfront waves and key.

Yup, my folks cannot wait to move in!!! After they saw Minton, moving them anywhere else is unthinkable... Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Haha yeah!!!

For me, there are 3 killer-apps for me when it comes to Minton...

1) good sized units with good layouts. Every unit is squarish or rectangular. Well ventilated for all rooms. The blocks are well spaced, so definitely not looking into the unit of another neighbor's for all rooms. 95% of the development are north, south or east facing. Very decent and liveable.

2) huge range of facilities, I cannot find any other condo at this price range or even up to 1.2kpsf that matches up. And the carpark is underground, with real time vacant lots signaling system. With 1150 car park lots, there is one lot per unit.

3) low maintenance costs despite the range of facilities, and proximity to serangoon mrt which is an interchange station. Studio's maintenance fee is $190 per month. Quite affordable considering the facilities available. Given the number of units, the maintenance fees collection will easily be close to 300k per month. The sinking fund to upkeep the facilities in the years ahead will be significant. Also serangoon station is an interchange station for the north east line and circle line. Will have more commercial activity over time, akin to other interchange stations. Ease of transport to all parts of Singapore if one is commuting.

My two cents.
    Interlace fits the bill too, and is at a better location.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    With a much higher price tag

Quote Originally Posted by august
    I checked out Interlace before. Not cheap leh. At least $1250psf for the smaller units 807sqft ones during Q1 2010.

And not all interlace units have good layouts. Quite a number have odd shaped dining and/or kitchen or bedroom that are triangular shaped.

I checked out Interlace before. Not cheap leh. At least $1250psf for the smaller units 807sqft ones during Q1 2010.

And not all interlace units have good layouts. Quite a number have odd shaped dining and/or kitchen or bedroom that are triangular shaped.
    But i must say it looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    But i must say it looks amazing!
    Haha yeah! Agree.

To ask my spouse to co-share in a 1mil unit for my parents to live out their days at Interlace as opposed to a $500k plus unit at the Minton is a world of difference. Cannot bring myself to do it, though yes, interlace would have been much more ideal. there's a price to everything in life.

Haha yeah! Agree.

To ask my spouse to co-share in a 1mil unit for my parents to live out their days at Interlace as opposed to a $500k plus unit at the Minton is a world of difference. Cannot bring myself to do it, though yes, interlace would have been much more ideal. there's a price to everything in life.
    ahaha yes! if there're still units available here for 500k i'll grab 1!

anyone know how many units are left? are they increasing their price?

What I understand is that they already break-even when they sold 50% of the units..

Quote Originally Posted by mc_007
    anyone know how many units are left? are they increasing their price?

What I understand is that they already break-even when they sold 50% of the units..
    When Kheng Leong won the tender for Minton Rise condo's enbloc, analysts projected that they will make a decent profit by selling 1000 units at $750psf. The developers launched 1145 units at average of $850psf. So what do you think??? They have made a pile...

Dunno how many units left though. Didn't bother to track.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    http://MyParcVera.com/

this one priced to sell will affect this?
    Where is king kong????

The 1300+psf for the 3 bedders and the 4 bedders are of good sizes. Very liveable.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The 1300+psf for the 3 bedders and the 4 bedders are of good sizes. Very liveable.
    Unfortunately all 4 bedders are sold out... subsale market is the only option.

Other projects small unit sell oit first. This project bigger units sell out first.

The Big units čost So much? High psf

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Not really high psf in today's context lah... but yes its quite expensive though... lots of baywindows to go along...

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    Take kovan residences and clover for example a 4 bedder sells for about $2m. New projects 4 bedder also sell at about $1.3-$1.4m. Then comparing the 3 bedder. Its comparables selling for about $1.4m, new one smaller 3 bedders selling 1.1m to $1.2m so the price isn't that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Not really high psf in today's context lah... but yes its quite expensive though... lots of baywindows to go along...
    Is it reasonable to assume bay windows take up about 10% of the floor area? hmm.... maybe we should then should apply a 110% to the psf to covert the psf to an "equivalent" psf to one that does not have any bay window.

Minton is ideal for self stay but not so much for investment purposes. I believe, it's one of the few new development that have space and privacy like the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    Minton is ideal for self stay but not so much for investment purposes. I believe, it's one of the few new development that have space and privacy like the older ones.
    I dont agree on the privacy. Surrounded by public housing plus so so so so so many units in the development. Maybe privacy in the sense that ah long will also have trouble finding your block provided can get in in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I dont agree on the privacy. Surrounded by public housing plus so so so so so many units in the development. Maybe privacy in the sense that ah long will also have trouble finding your block provided can get in in the first place...
    Not suitable for singles and couples without kids.....the pool area and gym etc will be a madhouse!

Very goodie for family man....their kids and maid enjoys more....wakakaka

Minton not so high leh. Unless u referring to Interlace. Minton 4 bedders 1,755 sq ft only about $860 psf wat. Quantum ard $1.5M for high floor units. 3 bedder ard $950 psf quantum ard $1.3 M.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Minton not so high leh. Unless u referring to Interlace. Minton 4 bedders 1,755 sq ft only about $860 psf wat. Quantum ard $1.5M for high floor units. 3 bedder ard $950 psf quantum ard $1.3 M.
    Pai seh i meant sqft rather than psf. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Since all 4 bedders are sold out, subsale market has full monopoly of similar sales. Sky's the limit then... Only question remains, which buyer will bite. Hmmm...

Pai seh i meant sqft rather than psf. Ha.
    Hehe..anyway want oso no more liao. Not many people aware got Delhi Public School nearby. It's a top Indian International school, about 2,000 students or so. Perhaps got some rental potential...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Not suitable for singles and couples without kids.....the pool area and gym etc will be a madhouse!

Very goodie for family man....their kids and maid enjoys more....wakakaka
    Ya. Dont need to bring to Orchard shopping trips and can mingle with neighbour kids to build their social skills. But probably limited to dont play rough and dont bully others or pull their trunks down sort of social skills la kakakakaka

Update 24th Feb 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    Is it reasonable to assume bay windows take up about 10% of the floor area? hmm.... maybe we should then should apply a 110% to the psf to covert the psf to an "equivalent" psf to one that does not have any bay window.
    10% is an overstatement. Probably about 5%.

Even if convert the psf to an "equivalent" psf of 110%, the psf is still relatively cheaper than most of the new developments.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Update 24th Feb 2012.
    thanks very much azeoprop!