Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 51015202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakes
    spoiler
    Lol. Can take a look at skyscraper city's ERL thread. Informative and quite accurate (hopefully), based on their rather accurate predictions for the TSL stations. Here's the URL

There's another thread on general transport maps. Interesting read.

Am vested in a place near Katong Park; hope the predictions are true!

whatever it is rising tide will raise all ships....erl announcement irrespective of station location will add value to d15 properties...i just kaypoh here my vested interest is in d16 upper east coast(hdb) and d18(loyang)...both akan datang...coming soon...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    whatever it is rising tide will raise all ships....erl announcement irrespective of station location will add value to d15 properties...i just kaypoh here my vested interest is in d16 upper east coast(hdb) and d18(loyang)...both akan datang...coming soon...
    i want my ulu MM to be be 3M in the near future

i want my ulu MM to be be 3M in the near future
    hang around this forum and learn it WILL happen
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

hang around this forum and learn it WILL happen
    u see that red car in my nick thats a honda...10 years ago i own that...today i am driving a red ferrari......good to dream

u see that red car in my nick thats a honda...10 years ago i own that...today i am driving a red ferrari......good to dream
    lol. so what are u driving at? are you saying that it won't happen??

lol. so what are u driving at? are you saying that it won't happen??
    Haha asking you to tan ku ku for 2020 (or later) when the line is up. Positive thinking, my friend!

East Coast ROH will create a “Gateway to the East Coast” to leverage on its proximity to two major recreational hubs – Bedok Reservoir Park and East Coast Park.
    Residents can look forward to an Outdoor Play Corridor, a dedicated cycling and pedestrian path that directly connects Bedok Reservoir and East Coast Park. The corridor will be lined with community gardens, recreational and sports facilities. We will also introduce an extensive cycling network within the East Coast area to enhance connectivity to MRT stations, major employment areas, parks, schools and Neighbourhood Centres.

Outdoor Play Corridor directly connecting Bedok Reservoir and East Coast Park
    The Bedok Town Centre is being transformed into a vibrant new hub. An integrated mixed use development will house a modern shopping mall, private residential housing development and a new air-conditioned bus interchange, with seamless connection to Bedok MRT station. There will be new commercial facilities and enhancements to the pedestrian mall.
    Residents and patrons can look forward to an enhanced dining experience in a new and more spacious hawker centre while we develop the site of the existing hawker centre into a Town Plaza, which will house a Heritage Corner. Sports enthusiasts will welcome a new integrated community and sports facility offering a swimming complex, sports hall, tennis centre and a community centre.
    Residents can also explore East Coast and Bedok Town via a heritage trail that traces the early road network of the area and links points of historical interests.
    • New hawker centre and Town Plaza
    • Heritage Trail around East Coast and Bedok Town
    • Discovery Plans around Neighbourhood Centres to rediscover unique facilities for recreation

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    East Coast ROH will create a “Gateway to the East Coast” to leverage on its proximity to two major recreational hubs – Bedok Reservoir Park and East Coast Park.
    Residents can look forward to an Outdoor Play Corridor, a dedicated cycling and pedestrian path that directly connects Bedok Reservoir and East Coast Park. The corridor will be lined with community gardens, recreational and sports facilities. We will also introduce an extensive cycling network within the East Coast area to enhance connectivity to MRT stations, major employment areas, parks, schools and Neighbourhood Centres.

Outdoor Play Corridor directly connecting Bedok Reservoir and East Coast Park
    The Bedok Town Centre is being transformed into a vibrant new hub. An integrated mixed use development will house a modern shopping mall, private residential housing development and a new air-conditioned bus interchange, with seamless connection to Bedok MRT station. There will be new commercial facilities and enhancements to the pedestrian mall.
    Residents and patrons can look forward to an enhanced dining experience in a new and more spacious hawker centre while we develop the site of the existing hawker centre into a Town Plaza, which will house a Heritage Corner. Sports enthusiasts will welcome a new integrated community and sports facility offering a swimming complex, sports hall, tennis centre and a community centre.
    Residents can also explore East Coast and Bedok Town via a heritage trail that traces the early road network of the area and links points of historical interests.
    • New hawker centre and Town Plaza
    • Heritage Trail around East Coast and Bedok Town
    • Discovery Plans around Neighbourhood Centres to rediscover unique facilities for recreation
    so east coast-ers lagi huat?!!

The MND map has also shed light on the rail line (thin blue line) - ERL. It does not even come close to East Coast road and only intersects towards the end of Upp East Coast road, hence it may not swing in towards Siglap (the 'Siglap' station may not be where you think it is 'hint hint'). The original forecasts about the line following meyer/amber/marine parade road seem quite accurate according to this map. The small blue commercial square along the line are the shops ard parkway parade area.

Last edited by proper-t; 31-01-13 at 13:40.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    The MND map has also shed light on the rail line (thin blue line) - ERL. It does not even come close to East Coast road and only intersects towards the end of Upp East Coast road, hence it may not swing in towards Siglap (the 'Siglap' station may not be where you think it is 'hint hint'). The original forecasts about the line following meyer/amber/marine parade road seem quite accurate according to this map. The small blue commercial square along the line are the shops ard parkway parade area.
    Looks like i was right all along. Siglap station is at Victoria school area. because no soil test was ever done at the HDB blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    Looks like i was right all along. Siglap station is at Victoria school area. because no soil test was ever done at the HDB blocks.
    ERL seems to be trailing beneath Marine Parade Rd.

Yep... I guess Siglap Staion is gonna be further out. But I wonder what will become of the 4 one-roomer HDB flats that went SERS.

Also it means that FV is far far away from ERL.

The station near parkway is already a given and factored in for a long time, so this one may not lift the prices in the area much.

The other unknown stations once announced are the ones that are going to have much bigger impact.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    ERL seems to be trailing beneath Marine Parade Rd.

Yep... I guess Siglap Staion is gonna be further out. But I wonder what will become of the 4 one-roomer HDB flats that went SERS.

Also it means that FV is far far away from ERL.
    i think LTA had a rethink about placing MRT near such sites. look at holland V, its rather under utilized. the focus might probably be near schools and housing.

I have this little tickle at the back of my head that the ERL stations will be announced soon as the line is already featured in the Land use planning map. Why? They will probably have to announce it before the masterplan 2013 comes out as the masterplan would probably include it as well. With the amount of detail available in the masterplan, they might as well announce the stations.

Earlier on the other sites that I speculate, other than the HDB flats' site, that would house the Siglap Station are Siglap Court, URA carpark opposite Jalan Tua Kong and the irregular empty plot of land behind Vctoria School's soccer field.

Seems to me the Siglap Court site is a little too small, the plot of land behind VS is now on GLS reserve program and somehow the carpark is just not likely.

I am still sticking to the HDB site for the Siglap Station. Why would the govt SERS them in the 1st place? They have to move out in 2015.

If not, what would you think govt has plans for?

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263

Earlier on the other sites that I speculate, other than the HDB flats' site, that would house the Siglap Station are Siglap Court, URA carpark opposite Jalan Tua Kong and the irregular empty plot of land behind Vctoria School's soccer field.

Seems to me the Siglap Court site is a little too small, the plot of land behind VS is now on GLS reserve program and somehow the carpark is just not likely.

I am still sticking to the HDB site for the Siglap Station. Why would the govt SERS them in the 1st place? They have to move out in 2015.

If not, what would you think govt has plans for?
    you dont need much land on the top to build an underground MRT. look at Holland V. there was soil test done all along marine parade road. i have never ever seen any soil test done on east coast or upper east coast road. Maybe they might do it in the future. But for every station there must always be soil test done in that area. There was soil test done outside victoria school, unless you think there is a long underground walkway from VS to Siglap HDB?

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    you dont need much land on the top to build an underground MRT. look at Holland V. there was soil test done all along marine parade road. i have never ever seen any soil test done on east coast or upper east coast road. Maybe they might do it in the future. But for every station there must always be soil test done in that area. There was soil test done outside victoria school, unless you think there is a long underground walkway from VS to Siglap HDB?
    Yepp. Nowadays, the trend seems to be for stations to be built below road junctions, with only the exits being built on small, narrow plots of grass verges next to the road. Judging from what was announced in the news a couple of days ago (see article: Linkways to make MRT a stroll), I think that there's a higher chance that the link (if any) would mostly be above-ground, due to lower costs. It can also benefit residents of the private estates in the vicinity, who may use the covered walkways to get to places other than the MRT station.

Maybe an underground link to the HDb area?

IT has to be built around Marine parade road for the beack goers as well....this is to go with the big plan for the ECP

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    IT has to be built around Marine parade road for the beack goers as well....this is to go with the big plan for the ECP
    Yup. The ERL is speculated to be pretty near to the park at the Marine Parade station, as well as at Tanjong Katong Road South (near Amber) and Katong Park (Meyer). Hopefully, this will help to even out the crowds over a longer stretch of the ECP. Will be more pleasant and less squeezy, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    Yup. The ERL is speculated to be pretty near to the park at the Marine Parade station, as well as at Tanjong Katong Road South (near Amber) and Katong Park (Meyer). Hopefully, this will help to even out the crowds over a longer stretch of the ECP. Will be more pleasant and less squeezy, I hope.
    anchor tenant of the defunct republic cinema has moved out, more soil testing at the cinema was done over CNY. any annoucements should be akan datang liao

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    anchor tenant of the defunct republic cinema has moved out, more soil testing at the cinema was done over CNY. any annoucements should be akan datang liao
    yup, i can double confirmed the soil testing done.

In fact, the owner of this place has already placed this property for sale in the market for some time. There are certain conditions of the sales including the underground link to the MRT station

What's the big plan for ECP?
    I thought the only thing is the diversion of traffic to MCP?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo55
    What's the big plan for ECP?
    I thought the only thing is the diversion of traffic to MCP?
    More interested on other stations actually. Any other soil testing done at other areas? Anyone???

so siglap stn is not at the hdb afterall........
    http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...277217&page=27

woohoo!! HUAT AH!!!

ya, saw SI just behind VS.
    i think base on the latest land use plan, this location makes sense since they reclaiming and developing the coast.
    siglap hdb site seems less potential w many landed houses around.

woohoo!! HUAT AH!!!
    Huat ? What Huat?

Government already announced almost every MRT lines except this one...and I like to remind u..its 2020....even the link to KL is announce...huat??