Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

my 2 cents worth i am actually more interested in upper east coast station for personal reasons however i realise that the station in marine parade also will impact me....i would like to be able to take a train from my SELF PROCLAIMED bedok south station opposite temasek secondary school and reach parkway parade/marine parade central in 10 mins so i hope the station is near the former marine parade library at the marine parade central....my 2

The MP station will be under the MP Road Park opposite PP, with an underground shopping link to PP side under the MP Central, connecting directly to PP on one side, and surfacing to the MP Promenade on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    There will be one station at Meyer and one station at Amber. These are heavily populated private residential areas. Just look at Amber alone u can gauge how many new developments sprucing around that area. They did soil test near Chinese Swimming Club a couple of months back with a temp tent set up.

Far East does not invest heavily in a particular location if its not sure about future prospects for the area. The mrt will be built underground. There will be 2 exits. One exit/entry will be near the roundabout at Amber and the other near to Parkway Parade. The MRT station will be right in the middle.

Next after that station will be one near Marine Parade HDB area.

This is what I am aware of. Where I got the info no need to ask.
    Can still be possible but the 3 stations: Amber, Marine Parade and Telok Kurau will be pretty bunched up with approx 600-700m between stations.
    The circle line have some station like promenade and esplanade that are 600m between them but these are super high density areas. The other area with 700m between station is mountbatten and dakota

on the old North South and East west lines stations are much further apart, but then this was designed way in the past and the distance between stations are big to save costs then i guess.

If you look at the DTL3 and DTL2 and circle lines, most stations are approx 1-1.2km apart. this allows for approx 600m of walking to the stations which seems acceptable.

I would think that the station at Katong park, Amber(plot of empty land next to chinese swimming club) and Marine parade(opposite parkway parade or blk 83/87 marine parade central), Telok kurau (blk 51/57 marine terrace) and then Siglap at Victoria school be a better spread of stations.

If the Amber station is next to CSC, where do you think the exits will be?

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    Can still be possible but the 3 stations: Amber, Marine Parade and Telok Kurau will be pretty bunched up with approx 600-700m between stations.
    The circle line have some station like promenade and esplanade that are 600m between them but these are super high density areas. The other area with 700m between station is mountbatten and dakota

on the old North South and East west lines stations are much further apart, but then this was designed way in the past and the distance between stations are big to save costs then i guess.

If you look at the DTL3 and DTL2 and circle lines, most stations are approx 1-1.2km apart. this allows for approx 600m of walking to the stations which seems acceptable.

I would think that the station at Katong park, Amber(plot of empty land next to chinese swimming club) and Marine parade(opposite parkway parade or blk 83/87 marine parade central), Telok kurau (blk 51/57 marine terrace) and then Siglap at Victoria school be a better spread of stations.

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    If the Amber station is next to CSC, where do you think the exits will be?
    to site the actual station at plot of land in front of amber point, 11amber, seaview point is the easiest. so much easier to dig and construct. the exits like you mentioned earlier will possibly be at Playground near aalto, bigsplash and even maybe near the amber roundabout.

I still believe that there has to be a link to the east coast park itself and amber station seems to be the best suited for this. the rest of the stations seem too far "inland' to accomplish this.

Haha, ok in that case I think I agree with you. I'm not sure where the actual station will be, but that is of secondary importance. What's most important is where the exits will be. Hopefully the exits will be those 3 places we think it is.

to site the actual station at plot of land in front of amber point, 11amber, seaview point is the easiest. so much easier to dig and construct. the exits like you mentioned earlier will possibly be at Playground near aalto, bigsplash and even maybe near the amber roundabout.

I still believe that there has to be a link to the east coast park itself and amber station seems to be the best suited for this. the rest of the stations seem too far "inland' to accomplish this.

Hi guys... Some bros said Meyer station is an "open secret"
    So pls pardon me... May I know the Meyer station will be at Katong park, park opposite Makena or the end of Meyer rd near Aalto or Tanjong road?

Bcos soil tests r seen at these areas n till now LTA haven't announce any details of the ERL stations yet.

Many thanks

Meyer station will most likely be at Katong Park.
    The next station after Meyer, the Amber station, is going to be around the Tanjong Katong park/Amber Road/Chinese Swimming Club area, with multiple exits obviously.
    After that is the Marine Parade station at Parkway and the park opposite it.
    And then its Telok Kurau station at the MP police post near St. Patrick's School.

Quote Originally Posted by gtr
    Hi guys... Some bros said Meyer station is an "open secret"
    So pls pardon me... May I know the Meyer station will be at Katong park, park opposite Makena or the end of Meyer rd near Aalto or Tanjong road?

Bcos soil tests r seen at these areas n till now LTA haven't announce any details of the ERL stations yet.

Many thanks

Thanks for sharing bro.

Lets hope these stations really confirmed .

Cheers !

Meyer station will most likely be at Katong Park.
    The next station after Meyer, the Amber station, is going to be around the Tanjong Katong park/Amber Road/Chinese Swimming Club area, with multiple exits obviously.
    After that is the Marine Parade station at Parkway and the park opposite it.
    And then its Telok Kurau station at the MP police post near St. Patrick's School.

Are you vested? you sound vested haha

Quote Originally Posted by gtr
    Thanks for sharing bro.

Lets hope these stations really confirmed .

Cheers !

I can see it is very active here. But when will they announce this line and stations? After release of concept plan 2011.

Whats very active where?? What concept plan?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I can see it is very active here. But when will they announce this line and stations? After release of concept plan 2011.

So much talk about mrt line in east coast area. URA will be releasing concept plan 2011 should be end of this year to spell out the development direction in Singapore.
    Whats very active where?? What concept plan?

Bingo you got it right a the bull's eye..how do you know the actual sites? I thought I am the only one who knows from some reliable source.

We must also bear in mind that there is an underground walking tunnel leading to the east coast beach just beside CSC. It makes the construction of an mrt exit near there even more relevant. There will be 3 mrt exits to the beach, one near CSC, one near Marine Parade HDB and the other one near Laguna Park. With these connections, Singaporeans can go to the beach directly just by taking the mrt. It makes well-interconnected.

In addition, the mrt that serve Amber (CSC) is actually located in the middle of Amber and Parkway Parade exits. We must note that the mrt train itself is a few hundred metres long and the station has to be even longer, leaving a few hundred metres gap for the underground walking tunnel from both Amber and Parkway to the mrt station. The next station will not be at Fairprice Marine Parade. It will be further down the Marine Parade HDB area.

Hey Shawn I dont mean to be annoying but could you once again reiterate clearly where all the exits/entrances of the Amber and Marine Parade stations will be situated?

I'm actually not so concerned about the actual site of the MRT station, but the exits/entrances to the stations. Thanks in advance.

Bingo you got it right a the bull's eye..how do you know the actual sites? I thought I am the only one who knows from some reliable source.

We must also bear in mind that there is an underground walking tunnel leading to the east coast beach just beside CSC. It makes the construction of an mrt exit near there even more relevant. There will be 3 mrt exits to the beach, one near CSC, one near Marine Parade HDB and the other one near Laguna Park. With these connections, Singaporeans can go to the beach directly just by taking the mrt. It makes well-interconnected.

In addition, the mrt that serve Amber (CSC) is actually located in the middle of Amber and Parkway Parade exits. We must note that the mrt train itself is a few hundred metres long and the station has to be even longer, leaving a few hundred metres gap for the underground walking tunnel from both Amber and Parkway to the mrt station. The next station will not be at Fairprice Marine Parade. It will be further down the Marine Parade HDB area.

Hey Shawn I dont mean to be annoying but could you once again reiterate clearly where all the exits/entrances of the Amber and Marine Parade stations will be situated?

I'm actually not so concerned about the actual site of the MRT station, but the exits/entrances to the stations. Thanks in advance.
    Hi sure no problem.

The Eastern Regional Line will have a station at Tanjung Rhu (that piece of land near to Tanjong Ria) with 2 exits one near the condos and one near Dunman Secondary/SSC, moving down to Katong Park (closer to the main road) as Katong Park is a conserved area and serving Fort Rd, Meyer Rd and Kampung Arang residents, then shifting down to Meyer Road (somewhere in the middle of Makena further up) to Amber Station (3 exits - one near to CSC/Silversea and the other 2 at Parkway Parade side and one just across the road), and then next at Marine Crescent area (the massive HDB estate area), East Coast (Siglap/TK), Upper East Coast (Bayshore Area) and then few other stations all the way down to Changi Airport. The stations will be located mostly along the Marine Parade and ECP as they will be built underground.

The station near Parkway Parade is expected to be an anchor station (the biggest station) for the ERL line with 3 major exit points.

The reason why the mrt exits will be built near to east coast line is clear. Cause there are already servicing stations further in the island from Kallang to Paya Lebar to Kembangan to Bedok to Tanah Merah. There are also stations at Dakota, Mountbatten etc. As such this new line is to serve a different resident group living at the coastal shores all the way to Changi Airport.

Default The exit could be outside psb!

The empty plot of land in front of psb is quite big, it could be a potential location of mrt exit. This is the exact location of the major soil test that I saw.

We must note that the mrt train itself is a few hundred metres long and the station has to be even longer
    Wow, a new world record for Singapore.....

[quote=Shawn] East Coast (Siglap/TK), Upper East Coast (Bayshore Area) and then few other stations all the way down to Changi Airport. The stations will be located mostly along the Marine Parade and ECP as they will be built underground.
    quote]

Thanks for all the info up Marine Parade. Can you also elaborate on the stations and exits beyond Marine Parade?

Would appreciate it if you can share. Thank you!

btw, when you say East Coast (Siglap/TK) do mean there is only going to be one station there? Cheers!

wah... from tanjong ria to dumman .... 500m apart.....
    wah... from CSC to parkway.... 300m apart

Existing stations in singapore (agar from masterplan): 100-150m.

Look at URA's masterplan and you'll see..... not right leh....

Um... I don't really understand what you're trying to say? But yes, CSC (Amber) to Parkway (Marine Parade) seems a little too close to be true - this is according to Shawn's information though. But then again, its where the exits are that matter most, not where the actual underground station is. I reckon the exits are still anyone's guess.

What does URA's master plan show? Can you give us the link???

Quote Originally Posted by sh

Um... I don't really understand what you're trying to say? But yes, CSC (Amber) to Parkway (Marine Parade) seems a little too close to be true - this is according to Shawn's information though. But then again, its where the exits are that matter most, not where the actual underground station is. I reckon the exits are still anyone's guess.

What does URA's master plan show? Can you give us the link???
    Shawn. correct me if I'm interpreted you wrongly. You are saying that there is 1 station with exits stretching from CSC to Parkway Parade, and another station with exits from Tanjong Ria to Dumman.
    URA master plan link below:-

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/

You can see the footprint of the completed MRT stations and the relative distance between the stations. Judge for yourself if Shawn's "insider information" makes sense.

Cheers

Yes I think thats exactly what Shawn said.. I dont know what to think of it

Shawn. correct me if I'm interpreted you wrongly. You are saying that there is 1 station with exits stretching from CSC to Parkway Parade, and another station with exits from Tanjong Ria to Dumman.
    URA master plan link below:-

http://www.ura.gov.sg/MP2008/

You can see the footprint of the completed MRT stations and the relative distance between the stations. Judge for yourself if Shawn's "insider information" makes sense.

Cheers

Guys when I said near Dunman or near Tanjong Ria doesnt mean it has to be right in front of the condo. It could be 100 metres away. Bear in mind that there are shortcuts from the school to Tjg Ria (empty parcel plot of land beside Dunman).

Its up to u to believe or not what I said, cause I might be wrong or the person who told me might not be reliable. But then again its quite impossible cause I know who i can trust with the info.

What I said is that CSC and Parkway is sharing a common mrt station in the middle underground with 3 exits, one near CSC/Silversea, one near Parkway Parade and one exit across the road from PP.

[quote=howgozit]
    East Coast (Siglap/TK), Upper East Coast (Bayshore Area) and then few other stations all the way down to Changi Airport. The stations will be located mostly along the Marine Parade and ECP as they will be built underground.
    quote]

Thanks for all the info up Marine Parade. Can you also elaborate on the stations and exits beyond Marine Parade?

Would appreciate it if you can share. Thank you!

btw, when you say East Coast (Siglap/TK) do mean there is only going to be one station there? Cheers!
    As to how many stations at East Coast and Upper East Coast I not very sure. Cause my main concern is in the area surrounding Tjg Rhu down to Marine Parade which are my main areas of interest. Its also where Far East are heavily investing in.

But one thing for certain, if your HDB or condo is near the east coast (beach corner), the mrt is indeed coming your way. But if its further inside like Joo Chiat, Siglap Hill etc...chances of the mrt coming exactly in that location is unlikely cause there are already Eunos, Kembangan and Bedok mrt stations nearby. And with these coastal mrt stations, those residents can have 2 choice of mrt lines to take depending on which station is closer to their homes.

if shawn is right then the stations are as follows:

1. Gardens at the Bay
    2. Tanjong Rhu (near Tanjong Ria Condo)
    3. Katong Park
    4. Amber (between amber circle and Parkway)
    5. Marine Crescent (somewhere around Blk43 or Police centre)
    6. Siglap (victoria School)
    7. Bayshore (next to The bayshore/Costa del sol)

This makes 7 out of the 12 stations. the 5 have to be placed from bayshore onwards.

i guess that

8. East coast bus terminal
    9. ???
    10.Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal??
    11.Terminal 4???
    12. Changi Point ferry ( as mentioned in the ERL in wiki)

Just seems that we are 1 station too many for the stretch after bayshore where it is tough to place station9.

It will be like Bedok reservior area with so many short distance station. It will take quite a while to reach town.

1. Gardens at the Bay
    3. Katong Park

This makes 7 out of the 12 stations. the 5 have to be placed from bayshore onwards.

i guess that

9. ???
    11.Terminal 4???

Just seems that we are 1 station too many for the stretch after bayshore where it is tough to place station9.

My opinion - the distance between the Meyer station (Katong Park) and Amber station (Parkway) is too long. I believe there will be an Amber station yes, but probably not where you state it is.

I believe that the Amber station will be at the start of Amber Road (near Tanjong Katong Road), and the station at Parkway will be named Marine Parade station.

I would love to hear others' opinions too.

1. Gardens at the Bay
    3. Katong Park

i guess that

9. ???
    11.Terminal 4???

[quote=Shawn]
    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

As to how many stations at East Coast and Upper East Coast I not very sure. Cause my main concern is in the area surrounding Tjg Rhu down to Marine Parade which are my main areas of interest. Its also where Far East are heavily investing in.

But one thing for certain, if your HDB or condo is near the east coast (beach corner), the mrt is indeed coming your way. But if its further inside like Joo Chiat, Siglap Hill etc...chances of the mrt coming exactly in that location is unlikely cause there are already Eunos, Kembangan and Bedok mrt stations nearby. And with these coastal mrt stations, those residents can have 2 choice of mrt lines to take depending on which station is closer to their homes.
    Ok thanks for the tip. Cheers!

Err, the eastern region line, according to official LTA website is only scheduled to be finished by 2020. You guys have a 10 year view?