Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718232833 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    I have lived in the East for a long time but I am leaving as the traffic is bad and will get worse. Don't have the 'laid-back' feel unless you move far East like Changi.
    Then where are you moving to ?

DKSG, I also dun understand wild falcon's intention. Frankly, no one is debating about "most sought or not"...

The focal point is actually on the depth of his maturity. Just look at his initial reply as quoted below. This is explain everything to all who are logical.

Quote from Wild Falcon"

Ok lah. D15 is the MOST sought after district and you are the best staying in the most sought-after district. So high class - everyone else cannot afford and look up to you since you are so sought-after in the most sought-after district. Happy already? Just trying to say that maybe it's not as sought after as you think. D15 has the most MMs compared to any other areas lah. Go propertyguru and search for property less than $600k and see which district come out tops. This is a fact.

Just trying to see your reaction lah. Because in this forum, no one else says their area is the MOST SOUGHT AFTER or MOST HIGH-CLASS other than people in D15. It's food for thought. Why would anyone go around saying they're so sought after is beyond me.

And I always say, if one has to resort to saying "I am very rich" or "I am staying in the MOST SOUGHT AFTER district" - then it's probably not the most sought-after district. The real rich and sophisticated don't go around doing that in your face.

As I've a friend who speaks just like you. He stays in a small MM in Telok Kurau and he also likes to go around bragging he is staying in the "most sough-after district". The rest of us, including a friend who stays in a GCB in Cluny, usually just roll our eyes. Do you really have to say that? And really? You think it is that sought-after? Such bragging just puts people off."

Unquote.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I simply dont understand this debate abt "most sought after".

Frankly, everyone is of the opinion that the place they stay in is the most sought after la! Self justification. So please do not continue this useless debate.

Rather spend me time telling us abt the facts. If u notice a Sea View unit sold for $1,000 psf, tell us ! If u notice a One Amber unit sold for $1,800 psf - also tell us ! We are all here to share and learn.

This is the same symdrome as people telling others their kids are so smart, the smartest kid in Singapore and Johor ! I always deem that as damn lame!

Also please dont argue micro facts, a condo near MRT is always of higher value than one that is not. ceteris peribus. But if u invest in a place where MRT is considered a negative factor, then its otherwise. Imagine, a MRT at Nassim Park ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i wonder if they build a condo next to Kranji MRT
    will anyone buy ?
    Of cos got people buy la...

Horse punters!! haha...

ok lousy joke..

Aiya in Singapore so small... any agent wans to sell u a house.. they will literally tell u thousand & one reasons abt the 'virtues' of the estate.

In this case, near kranji also will sell la....

My opinion is, different people have different needs in their life's. Some cos of kids, will relocate to near schools. Some working their heads off will like to be near town. Some kenna toto will buy a house on top of the hill.

For me, near Mrt will mean certain level of convenience. Of cos near MRT sure noisy la. U cant expect govt build an MRT jus for u to use only right? Also if u near shopping centre, we cant expect no traffic jam right? If near city area xmas/cny etc, also sure jam right? If not, how to show off the new lamborghini super veloce?

Noted new round of soil tests are being conducted in Marine Parade and Bedok South areas currently. The test points are quite in-line with those predicted in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP
    Noted new round of soil tests are being conducted in Marine Parade and Bedok South areas currently. The test points are quite in-line with those predicted in this thread.
    thanks for sharing, but do u roughly know where the marine parade station might be?

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    thanks for sharing, but do u roughly know where the marine parade station might be?
    read the earlier postings in this thread.....

Eastern Region Line is still 10 years down the road. Too far ahead.

Why not put attention in CBD residences? Its tranforming now and prices are moving faster than other districts. Sell off in a few years time and punt at East Coast later.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    Eastern Region Line is still 10 years down the road. Too far ahead.

Why not put attention in CBD residences? Its tranforming now and prices are moving faster than other districts. Sell off in a few years time and punt at East Coast later.

basically can take profit already when the ERL stations are announced in a year or two time ... esp if really got station coming up next to your house

no need to wait till 10 years man

Quote Originally Posted by vboy
    basically can take profit already when the ERL stations are announced in a year or two time ... esp if really got station coming up next to your house

no need to wait till 10 years man
    "Next to your house", if too near then chances land going back to gov liao.

ERL is due 2020, but announcement is very likely in the next 1-2 yr, to take profit . no need to really wait until 2020.

somemore, some stations locations are more or less known or speculated with fair degree of accuracy... the next spike in D15 will be from ERL announcement..hopefully

recently there are more land survey at katong park and at the empty plot of land next to waterplace..hint of ERL stations getting stronger

Reminds me of a blogger named Keith Yip who dreamt of a balestier station between toa payoh and novena. If Dover can do it, why not balestier? Haha

http://keithyip.com/2010/03/29/can-w...-to-balestier/
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by kstan2
    recently there are more land survey at katong park and at the empty plot of land next to waterplace..hint of ERL stations getting stronger
    Wondering if the Pats School House will remain there at katong park or will it be ask to shift if the park is to build a station in future ??

I think Pat sch house will have to move if the station is going to be at katong park. It is not difficult to relocate them because they lease that place from the government. What is more difficult is to build the station and preserve the fort that was buried under the park. But a station at katong park is a double edged sword.. lots of noise and digging for few years before the station can be completed

I think Pat sch house will have to move if the station is going to be at katong park. It is not difficult to relocate them because they lease that place from the government. What is more difficult is to build the station and preserve the fort that was buried under the park. But a station at katong park is a double edged sword.. lots of noise and digging for few years before the station can be completed
    To preserve the park..then no choice.. ask MRT to surface to ground for who stretch of Meyer to Tanjong Rhu.. keke...

On a sidenote, I noticed a lot of constructions going on at the other end of East Coast (directly opposite Fort Road)... Dunno what is hidden in there...

Honestly, in the current price range people are asking for in Marine Parade region, near the supposedly new ERL MRT stations. There isn't much profit to be made even if it is announced tomorrow. People have been talking about it for far too long.

Any price jump should be attributed to the macro economic environment. 10 years is a long time to wait for material benefits from a MRT line and there are too many uncertainties which may hinder price growth.

Real price growth occurs along with real economics expansion, everything else is just gimmicks invented by sales person.

Even with new MRT station, your condo price will still drop if economy is depressed.

Hi guys, can someone summarise where the possible stations of the ERL are? I'm particularly interested in the ones along meyer, amber, and marine parade road.. thanks in advance!

It should be quite obvious with one at marine parade as SM wants to revamp Marine Parade in particular for the elderly. My guess is another station should be near Victoria School.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    Hi guys, can someone summarise where the possible stations of the ERL are? I'm particularly interested in the ones along meyer, amber, and marine parade road.. thanks in advance!

when they gona announce the erl stations? next yr?

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    Honestly, in the current price range people are asking for in Marine Parade region, near the supposedly new ERL MRT stations. There isn't much profit to be made even if it is announced tomorrow. People have been talking about it for far too long.

Any price jump should be attributed to the macro economic environment. 10 years is a long time to wait for material benefits from a MRT line and there are too many uncertainties which may hinder price growth.

Real price growth occurs along with real economics expansion, everything else is just gimmicks invented by sales person.

Even with new MRT station, your condo price will still drop if economy is depressed.
    Agree! One has to consider the inconvenience of living with the dust, noise and traffic jams associated with MRT construction, UP TILL 2020!

Hope they announce soon....

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    Agree! One has to consider the inconvenience of living with the dust, noise and traffic jams associated with MRT construction, UP TILL 2020!
    Marine Parade has always been popular even without MRT because of the location and proximity to shopping malls, eateries, beach and market. That is the reason of the high price rather than a speculation of MRT nearby. If Katong Park really becomes an MRT site, it will benefit everyone staying around the area and the properties there deserve further capital appreciation. No wonder Silversea is at 1,700 psf. May even be 1,800 psf by now.

Recent transaction at View @ Meyer is already $2100psf... wonder how much it will go up if MRT is announced at katong park...

Recent transaction at View @ Meyer is already $2100psf... wonder how much it will go up if MRT is announced at katong park...
    Is Katong the next Orchard?What's up with the crazy prices?A couple of forummers mentioned that Orchard was not always the sought after district it is today-do you know what brought about this change?

Today saw the workers doing the work beside pat's school house n another one near the corner of katong park.

Ask them about what they doing n they said it's another soil test that they gotta dig down to 60 meters.

And was told likely there will be a station at katong park. Don't know how true is it ??

If i'm Gahmen i will to the appropriate planning but i will not be in a rush to build this line for a few reasons:

1. Development and accessibility around this region a big issue now
    2. There are ongoing projects that can concentrate on
    3. Economy is doing well with good growth -> will wait until economy cools/recession etc and use this as a tool to stimulate economy

Quote Originally Posted by gtr
    Today saw the workers doing the work beside pat's school house n another one near the corner of katong park.

Ask them about what they doing n they said it's another soil test that they gotta dig down to 60 meters.

And was told likely there will be a station at katong park. Don't know how true is it ??
    Katong PARK one is confirmed one lah..
    You go take a look ..and you tell me what they are doing there.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Katong PARK one is confirmed one lah..
    You go take a look ..and you tell me what they are doing there.
    Confirmed a station in katong park ??

Well, saw soil testing as mentioned, drilling to a lower depth.

Wah good job. Dig 60 m and at multiple location, good chance to have a station here. Next question is whether $2100 psf at View@Meyer already factor in this station. There is a unit on the 8th flr on sale for long time already at $1600+psf but no taker may be a good buy before the line is announce next yr.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Marine Parade has always been popular even without MRT because of the location and proximity to shopping malls, eateries, beach and market. That is the reason of the high price rather than a speculation of MRT nearby. If Katong Park really becomes an MRT site, it will benefit everyone staying around the area and the properties there deserve further capital appreciation. No wonder Silversea is at 1,700 psf. May even be 1,800 psf by now.
    Yes Marine Parade is popular, no doubts about it. A lot have to do with Parkway Parade, Tao Nan and possibly the future Katong Mall. But Silversea at 1700-1800 psf, it is really quite ridiculous.