Thread: Geyland to Be replace by Kovan

Angry Geyland to Be replace by Kovan

Any comment on this report ? will it effect the property price in Kovan Area ?

We have 2 properties on that area

Quiet residential estate Kovan is *** hot spot Pimps say Kovan has "right ingredients" to be *** hot spot
    Click on thumbnail to view For more photos, click here.THE women in ***y dresses look out of place eating roti prata and fried rice. Sitting in teams of two or three, they linger for hours at a coffee shop in the Kovan residential area.
    When the phone rings, they rush to get ready.
    After a quick check on her pocket mirror, one of them heads for one of the two budget hotels nearby.
    At the hotel entrance, she meets a man and gives a brief introduction before checking into the hotel room with him.
    This scene has been played out many times over the past one year, said a worker at an Indian-Muslim coffee shop on Upper Serangoon Road.
    That came to an abrupt end after a police raid on April 1.
    The police arrested 12 female Chinese nationals for vice-related offences in the rooms of Hotel 81 (Kovan) and Fragrance Hotel (Kovan).
    According to the police, their investigations showed some of the suspects had made use of the Internet to advertise their ***ual services.
    This joint operation by the Criminal Investigation Department and Ang Mo Kio Police Division happened in the wake of residents in Kovan complaining to their Member of Parliament, Madam Cynthia Phua, about scantily clad women loitering near their homes.
    But of all places, why do *** workers choose to ply their trade there?
    After all, Kovan is a quiet enclave of mostly private homes, with some HDB blocks nearby.
    Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre, which is next to the two hotels, has had massage parlours and a KTV lounge for more than 10 years.
    One pimp we met at the coffee shop revealed Kovan has all the "right ingredients" to be a hot spot.
    Said the pimp, who gave his name only as Ah Hock: "There are budget hotels, coffee shops, convenience stores and KTVs. And it's in a quiet neighbourhood. Perfect."
    The 30-year-old pimp said places like Kovan appeared on the *** workers' radar because of frequent raids in Geylang since last year.
    He said: "Geylang is no longer a safe haven for freelance *** workers. Customers are also afraid to be there, especially when there is a clean-up going on now.
    "Previously you could see the women walking along the streets in Geylang. Now, all you see are uniformed policemen doing their rounds."
    His view was shared by a social activist from the Student Christian Movement.
    The 41-year-old activist, who gave her name as MsYock Leng, reaches out to *** workers, offering counselling and condoms.
    "I don't really know where (these streetwalkers) have disappeared to. But I saw some of them in Lavender and Balestier by chance," she said.
    >> Next

go see your MP

I was warned by my banker when deciding whether to buy DBR vs Kovan Residences about this. He described Kovan area as "杂".

But i don't think it is going to affect the prices much unless a few more Hotel 81 come up in next 2 years or everyday u see lots of strange people wandering around Kovan MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    I was warned by my banker when deciding whether to buy DBR vs Kovan Residences about this. He described Kovan area as "杂".

But i don't think it is going to affect the prices much unless a few more Hotel 81 come up in next 2 years or everyday u see lots of strange people wandering around Kovan MRT.

such activities can take place at any location ..

with this news out, with so many 'chinese' nationales buying properties there ( or anywhere) ... how to tell the difference ? whether they are 'workers' or real residents ?

Haiyo ... I also own a property around that area ...

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDuck
    They are just like cars. Once you put a new ERP gantry, cars will divert to other roads. They have clamped down Geylang and therefore have to go elsewhere. They have to seek for more effective means quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    They are just like cars. Once you put a new ERP gantry, cars will divert to other roads. They have clamped down Geylang and therefore have to go elsewhere. They have to seek for more effective means quickly.
    the answer lies at ICA

Quote Originally Posted by august
    the answer lies at ICA
    Yup! Just like LTA!

Dun worry - little india, chinatown, tanjong pagar, joo chiat, orchard rd oso hv...and did tat affect the property prices?
    Last edited by Blue; 15-04-10 at 17:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Dun worry - little india, chinatown, tanjong pagar, joo chiat, orchard rd oso hv...and did tat affect the property prices?

In D9 and D15 are totally different, look at D14 Geyland, after clean up, property price went up ...... this is bad for owners who own near by property.

I live in Kovan Melody - if anyone is familiar with that area at all, you will realize how segregated that Hotel 81 is from the actual Kovan MRT and Heartland Mall area. It is more than 1.5 m away seperated by many new private properties, schools and churches.

That dingy hotel is nearer to the Lorong Lew Lian and Lorong Ah Soo end.

To anyone who is trying to sensationalize the topic to put down other properties or areas, try harder...

Why don't u say that St Regis and Ion Residences are both within 0.5 m from the notorious Orchard Plaza Towers??

Quote Originally Posted by stanchan
    I live in Kovan Melody - if anyone is familiar with that area at all, you will realize how segregated that Hotel 81 is from the actual Kovan MRT and Heartland Mall area. It is more than 1.5 m away seperated by many new private properties, schools and churches.

To anyone who is trying to sensationalize the topic to put down other properties or areas, try harder...

Why don't u say that St Regis and Ion Residences are both within 0.5 m from the notorious Orchard Plaza Towers??

in general .. when someone tells a woman that her husband was spotted in Geylang ... how many women will think he goes there for the food ?

nothing to do with trust .. its just how it is ..

female residents in kovan will now 'forbid' their husbands spending too much time near Serangoon shopping centre ..

extreme cases will see them wanting to move away from there ..

That's why I say each area or condo must have a guardian angel, e.g. tanumy guarding Double Bay Residences and stalingrad guarding Casabella.

Otherwise there will be people spreading bad rumours everywhere.

tanumy and stalingrad are like the insecticides which spray away the cockroaches, even before the cockroaches can be born.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...26&postcount=7

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    tanumy is the guardian angel of Double Bay Residences who helps to sing praises and protect the reputation of DBR.

In fact, I suggest that every condo should have it's own guardian angel to protect the condo against false firesale rumours and fake auctions.

Similarly, stalingrad acts as a guardian angel for Casabella.

No wonder there are no false rumours of firesale auctions of Casabella.

That's why I say each area or condo must have a guardian angel, e.g. tanumy guarding Double Bay Residences and stalingrad guarding Casabella.

Otherwise there will be people spreading bad rumours everywhere.

tanumy and stalingrad are like the insecticides which spray away the cockroaches, even before the cockroaches can be born(quote)

I believe the condo that stalingrad is guarding is Carabelle.

hehe yeah.. casabella and carabelle are figuratively and literally worlds apart!!!! haha

We are sad to hear this news, and we own a property very near to the location which is @ Highland. It is a walking distance away from these Hotels and Malls .......

The new Minton Rise & Lor Ah Soo will be very near this Serangoon Shopping Center. As compared to Lor Lew Lian...

We are sad to hear this news, and we own a property very near to the location which is @ Highland. It is a walking distance away from these Hotels and Malls .......
    You can always tip the police to request for a raid rite?

My point is, the press is sensationalizing this type of news. With forum headings like "Kovan takng over Geylang", someone is obviously playing to the tune.

My point is, the press is sensationalizing this type of news. With forum headings like "Kovan takng over Geylang", someone is obviously playing to the tune.

We are just concern about our property values once "these"activities moves to your neighbourhood.

What happend if these activities run on the neighbourhood that you are staying ? Not worried at all ?

Side track a bit...any idea which Condo in Yishun was raid for operating gambling by the onwer or tenent?

Don't mean to be rude but just naughty by suggesting why it's there - HIGH land... where those vice people get HIGH thru s**...

Yeah... now that the vices are moving to Kovan my 'Gayland' property price will appreciate... finally this Gayland 'Cosmo' will really 'Cost More'.

No wonder this new launch at Kovan looks suspiciously like a budget hotel... thank god my friend did not go ahead to purchase after checking with me first.