Thread: Belmond Green (D10) vs The Trevose (D11)

Default Belmond Green (D10) vs The Trevose (D11)

Hi folks, I need some help from the property experts here. I'm planning to buy a condo for own stay near to S'pore Chinese Girl School. I'm comparing Belmond Green (2 Bedroom & FH) vs The Trevose (3 bedroom & 99yrs LH). Both asking for ~$1.6m with full condo facilities and within walking distance to SCGS. Any recommendation on which is a better place for own stay as well as better investment in case I want to rent out in future ?

Quote Originally Posted by newcomer
    Hi folks, I need some help from the property experts here. I'm planning to buy a condo for own stay near to S'pore Chinese Girl School. I'm comparing Belmond Green (2 Bedroom & FH) vs The Trevose (3 bedroom & 99yrs LH). Both asking for ~$1.6m with full condo facilities and within walking distance to SCGS. Any recommendation on which is a better place for own stay as well as better investment in case I want to rent out in future ?
    Trevose slightly more in convenient .. in my opinion .. no amenities

3 bedder 1.6 mio 99 LH
    2 bedder 1.6 mio FH

my choice ... 2 bedder ...

i am a fan of FH

See.... Demand is still strong.

FH is better..

Hi Latio and proud owner, thanks for your feedback. Agree that FH is better. Balmoral area is also more exclusive than The Trevose.

if want to walk to scgs, then trevose area will be better choice. why not consider trevose park? i find this more charming than the trevose.

Definitely Balmoral. Better in terms of amenities, access to public transport, traffic and FH.

Belmond green is a very long walk from scgs but is newer and slightly more exclusive. psf is fairly high now for Belmond. Trevose is just across the road to scgs and faces future Stevens Mrt. Very convenient for Scgs. The blocks facing the road are noisy. Trevose Park which is next to it and surrounded by landed bungalows may offer good value for own stay, is FH, and very quiet and with the impending launch of the huge FH condo (old orchid hotel) by CDL, value there looks promising. There are also many condos much nearer to scgs than Belmond.

Belmond Green Layout not bad... Not like some project triangle shape bedroom..

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Belmond green is a very long walk from scgs but is newer and slightly more exclusive. psf is fairly high now for Belmond. Trevose is just across the road to scgs and faces future Stevens Mrt. Very convenient for Scgs. The blocks facing the road are noisy. Trevose Park which is next to it and surrounded by landed bungalows may offer good value for own stay, is FH, and very quiet and with the impending launch of the huge FH condo (old orchid hotel) by CDL, value there looks promising. There are also many condos much nearer to scgs than Belmond.
    Yes, I should also explore Trevose Park. But from property guru, I only see either very big units (asking >$2m) or very small ~800+sqft unit ($1m). With $1.6m, looks like it's difficult to get a ~1000sqft 2 bdrm or a 3 bedroom unit. Went to view The Trevose & Belmond Green. The Trevose maintenance is not very good, car park is dark, maybe it's older (~10yrs old) but asking price is still reasonable at ~$1200psf. Belmond Green has good landscaping and good layout but price is steep at ~$1700psf. Will arrange to view Trevose for comparison.
    Thanks for everyone's valuable inputs.