Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Luxus Hills

Default Luxus Hills

Hi! Any one here bought or visited the show room of Luxus Hills in the D28 area recently?

I'm wondering if it is worth the $1.8-1.9M price tag now for an intermediate terrace (of 999LH) in this area, notwithstanding the quality of furnishings which seem decent.

I understand that the supply pipeline for Luxus Hills intermediate terrace is 868 units going to more than 10 launch phases in the future. This seems a huge number!

Welcome your comments

The price was unreasonable a year back..
    but now..it is fairly price with respect to new built-ups around the area.

Default nice

went showflat last evening!

My wife and sister were amazed by the space , finishes....

SOLD OUT ! wOW

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    It has always been reasonable, even 1 yr back. At that time an inter terrace was just 1.7m. Phase 2/3 they raised the price a bit, but still reasonable.

The issue of this project is never abt the price. For the size, built and finishing, this price is fair. (it's abt the same price if you were to buy one piece of land and build yourself)

The issue is: are you comfortable living in this area, with absolutely no facilities nearby, very little bus connections, very little greeneries, no schools, among 1000 identical houses, and knowing landed market are very small so price appreciation in this area is really a gamble now ?

I do agree that about a year back, the $1.6-1.7m price for Luxus inter-terrace was about fair or at a slight premium. I did a quick check of some terrace house prices from the caveats lodged (probably not quite up-to-date till 1/2 months back only):

Park Villas (99 yr leasehold): $1.1 - $1.2M, about 1616 sq ft land
    Parry Park (999 yr leasehold): $1.4 - $1.5M, about 1680 sq ft land
    Saraca Gardens (Freehold): $1.4 - $1.5M, about 2145 sq ft land
    Mimosa Terrace (Freehold): $1.5 - $1.6M, about 1615 sq ft land

There is a Sheng Siong within 500m walk and another NTUC in Hougang Point within 1km, few bus connections indeed I agree, there is Rosyth & Hougang Primary & Nanyang Poly nearby. Price appreciation is probably secondary for most since I suspect most local buyers buy landed properties for long-term or retirement stay (of course price only goes up in the long run horizon minus the intermediate perturbations).

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    It has always been reasonable, even 1 yr back. At that time an inter terrace was just 1.7m. Phase 2/3 they raised the price a bit, but still reasonable.

The issue of this project is never abt the price. For the size, built and finishing, this price is fair. (it's abt the same price if you were to buy one piece of land and build yourself)

The issue is: are you comfortable living in this area, with absolutely no facilities nearby, very little bus connections, very little greeneries, no schools, among 1000 identical houses, and knowing landed market are very small so price appreciation in this area is really a gamble now ?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    i saw the ad in ytd's papers and right away i thought this will be something u like...

Other than the location, everything else about Luxus Hills is good. I'm not so much of a CTE fan. Travelling to town is a complete hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by u2torneil
    Hi! Any one here bought or visited the show room of Luxus Hills in the D28 area recently?

I'm wondering if it is worth the $1.8-1.9M price tag now for an intermediate terrace (of 999LH) in this area, notwithstanding the quality of furnishings which seem decent.

I understand that the supply pipeline for Luxus Hills intermediate terrace is 868 units going to more than 10 launch phases in the future. This seems a huge number!

Welcome your comments

I think phase 5 launching soon. Last recorded transaction inter terrace over 2mil...

Will prices keep going up? Very rare new large scale 999yr landed estate.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think phase 5 launching soon. Last recorded transaction inter terrace over 2mil...

Will prices keep going up? Very rare new large scale 999yr landed estate.
    i was offered 500++psf last time...gave it a miss because that whole piece of land seems to be baking in the sun!!

Even with the landscaping I don't think it can be that cool to be livable unless you are an air-con fan...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    i was offered 500++psf last time...gave it a miss because that whole piece of land seems to be baking in the sun!!

Even with the landscaping I don't think it can be that cool to be livable unless you are an air-con fan...
    Ya dun know why every time I drive past, always very sunny there, and they build on a bare piece of land...hope when their landscaping start to mature, those trees will give good shade and greenery to the estate...will take some time,,,, but now looking good value if had bought in earlier phase...

I do agree that about a year back, the $1.6-1.7m price for Luxus inter-terrace was about fair or at a slight premium. I did a quick check of some terrace house prices from the caveats lodged (probably not quite up-to-date till 1/2 months back only):

There is a Sheng Siong within 500m walk and another NTUC in Hougang Point within 1km, few bus connections indeed I agree, there is Rosyth & Hougang Primary & Nanyang Poly nearby. Price appreciation is probably secondary for most since I suspect most local buyers buy landed properties for long-term or retirement stay (of course price only goes up in the long run horizon minus the intermediate perturbations).
    I bought my place during the time luxus hills was launched. Luxus hills inter-terrace has small land area, I think only 1600 sqft.

Bought a small inter terrace in lentor cheaper by 300k, and spent the money on renovation to my liking.

I prefer to buy a old place and do it up. You can see the neighbourhood, etc. I don't know how the luxus hills neighborhood will be like. Will all the houses be packed like sardines? Will there be many parks? Lentor area has a LOT of playground/parks and the housing density is pretty low.

Your prices are somewhat dated.

Quick update of highest prices achieved for stated land sizes from latest caveats in Mar 2011:

Park Villas (99 yr leasehold): $1.45M, about 1616 sq ft land
    Parry Park (999 yr leasehold): $1.64M, about 1680 sq ft land
    Saraca Gardens (Freehold): $1.77M, about 2145 sq ft land
    Mimosa Terrace (Freehold): $1.91M, about 1615 sq ft land

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    I bought my place during the time luxus hills was launched. Luxus hills inter-terrace has small land area, I think only 1600 sqft.

Bought a small inter terrace in lentor cheaper by 300k, and spent the money on renovation to my liking.

I prefer to buy a old place and do it up. You can see the neighbourhood, etc. I don't know how the luxus hills neighborhood will be like. Will all the houses be packed like sardines? Will there be many parks? Lentor area has a LOT of playground/parks and the housing density is pretty low.
    Lentor is a very nice place. Future MRT will most likely pass near this estate.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Lentor is a very nice place. Future MRT will most likely pass near this estate.
    And the NSE too.

Lentor is currently being served by YCK MRT already...

Phase 5 going to be launched very soon.
    Agent already invited us to the preview.

What kind of pricing are we looking at? The cheapest smallest inter-terrace?

What kind of pricing are we looking at? The cheapest smallest inter-terrace?

Not sure as my husband took the call and did not ask.
    The last time the agent said would be around 2.3 to 2.4 mil for the smallest inter- terrace.

http://www.maxproperty.com.sg/135

Hi buttercarp,

I'm interested to check out the new phase 5, can pass me the agent's contact pls? If not convenient, can pm me.. thanks in advance!

Hi buttercarp,

just saw your post - same time as my previous post. got the contact. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jesico
    Hi buttercarp,

just saw your post - same time as my previous post. got the contact. thanks!
    Actually that's not the agent who called me.
    I just provided a link to the guide price.
    I have pm u my agent's contact.
    Happy house hunting.

Just got the price from my agent.
    Inter terrace 2.4 - 2.5 mil
    Corner terrace 2.7 mil.

Can only buy in my dreams...

Can only buy in my dreams...
    Yea... only in our dreams, we can go higher and higher.....

Went to the preview of Phase 5 showflat.
    Got lost cos no sign pointing to the venue, so keep circling the area 2 times before reaching. Last time in 2009 tyre got punctured after visiting showflat.

Phase 1 going to TOP next month.
    Agent said there will be 25 phases all together to be launched in batches.
    This phase i noted that all the toilets in the 2nd and 3rd storey are all in one stack.

The showflat belong to Phase 4 and the corner terrace with a small side pool and interterrace showflats come with id, which will cost $460k and $360k more, according to the agent.

Also noted that Bukit Sembawang also has a large land near the AMK ave 5 CTE. Agent said that will be another development.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Went to the preview of Phase 5 showflat.
    Got lost cos no sign pointing to the venue, so keep circling the area 2 times before reaching. Last time in 2009 tyre got punctured after visiting showflat.

Phase 1 going to TOP next month.
    Agent said there will be 25 phases all together to be launched in batches.
    This phase i noted that all the toilets in the 2nd and 3rd storey are all in one stack.

The showflat belong to Phase 4 and the corner terrace with a small side pool and interterrace showflats come with id, which will cost $460k and $360k more, according to the agent.

Also noted that Bukit Sembawang also has a large land near the AMK ave 5 CTE. Agent said that will be another development.
    Unpleasant sign on both your visits. I don't even bother to visit the showflat coz at 2.5mil, I can kiss it and say see you in my dreams! Anyway, so is the showflat situated within that rows of terrace houses?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Unpleasant sign on both your visits. I don't even bother to visit the showflat coz at 2.5mil, I can kiss it and say see you in my dreams! Anyway, so is the showflat situated within that rows of terrace houses?
    No, the showflat is Phase 4 which has not been built yet.
    So the showflat is 2 units (corner and inter terrace) by itself.

Drove in to Phase 1 while getting lost, the roads between the houses are pretty wide. Each unit can park a car outside the house and traffic can still pass through.

No, the showflat is Phase 4 which has not been built yet.
    So the showflat is 2 units (corner and inter terrace) by itself.

Drove in to Phase 1 while getting lost, the roads between the houses are pretty wide. Each unit can park a car outside the house and traffic can still pass through.
    Provided there's no dreaded single white line along that wide road. My friend just kana parking summon coz he parked outside his own landed property which has a single white line.

Provided there's no dreaded single white line along that wide road. My friend just kana parking summon coz he parked outside his own landed property which has a single white line.
    OMG, the traffic police actually enforced that law?!
    Your friend can appeal right?
    Is his place is near popular eateries where the public come and park as well ?
    Most probably someone made a complaint?

Go to the MP and ask for a waive of summon. Should approve.
    OMG, the traffic police actually enforced that law?!
    Your friend can appeal right?
    Is his place is near popular eateries where the public come and park as well ?
    Most probably someone made a complaint?

Opposition ward or GRC izzit? Next time the Summon auntie/uncle come, tell your friend to spray water at her/him, they complaint, your friend can say watering the trees/plants..