Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Luxus Hills

Limited supply of new landed, soon it will be $3m.., Bukit Sembawang is in no hurry to sell, they will slowly release and inch up their pricing....

High property prices are draining a lot of people of their disposable income and financial buffer. I think a lot of people will get hurt if there is really a price correction. We are riding on liquidity and low interest rates afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    High property prices are draining a lot of people of their disposable income and financial buffer. I think a lot of people will get hurt if there is really a price correction. We are riding on liquidity and low interest rates afterall.
    Yeah.... I fear for those who borrow to the hilt to buy property.
    I was told by my parents that some of their malaysian friends were reduced to rags in the 1980's recession.

Golden rule in property investment... Holding power... don't over commit.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Yeah, we are in a strange environment of crazy property prices.

The sparodic firesales of CCR properties and popularity of MM and EC in RCRs and OCRs have already signalled smaller pool of buyers deep pockets. The story of limited supply of landed property is alluring. However the higher the price, the more illiquid it will be.

By the way, we haven't got multimillion queen bee investments in manufacturing for quite some time.

greed have no boundary ...so true
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Yeah, we are in a strange environment of crazy property prices.

The sparodic firesales of CCR properties and popularity of MM and EC in RCRs and OCRs have already signalled smaller pool of buyers deep pockets. The story of limited supply of landed property is alluring. However the higher the price, the more illiquid it will be.

By the way, we haven't got multimillion queen bee investments in manufacturing for quite some time.
    Agreed that it is indeed strange... very strange...

Agreed that it is indeed strange... very strange...
    what strange?

price driven by inflation meh... lol

but i would rather use the word 'crazy' to describe the current property price ..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Try driving along CTE towards AMK in evening and at night. Pay and yet stuck in jam even with more lanes now.
    I used CTE from Outram and exit moulmien. I think the jam is much better than in the past. My time is about 6:20pm though. Agree lah, pay and still got jam can be quite frustrating.

You probably get stuck near st michael or along upper serangoon road.
    Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    I used CTE from Outram and exit moulmien. I think the jam is much better than in the past. My time is about 6:20pm though. Agree lah, pay and still got jam can be quite frustrating.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

For CTE towards Punggol, the jam along CTE always start after the Moulmein Road exit (very bad at the CTE exit into Bradell Road, PIE, AMK Ave 1 and Ave 3). You are lucky you exited early. If you didn't take the Moulmein Road exit along CTE towards Punggol, you will then be stuck in very slow traffic all the way to AMK Ave 3 (now even after CTE road widening!). That is the stretch where you pay to get stuck in the traffic jam right? Or may be the ERP rate is not high enough to discourage people from using CTE? It also shows the North-East regions are just too crowded!

The hses in Luxus Hills got no character imho...external facade very plain

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    The hses in Luxus Hills got no character imho...external facade very plain
    you can always rebuilt to what u like since it is landed and fh

the problem always lies with parking! if you have two car that it....i was there visiting my friend that night and both side of the house are packed...only one car passable. terrible. some owner even put their bins along the side....you can imagine. FH or 99, both has this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia

the problem always lies with parking! if you have two car that it....i was there visiting my friend that night and both side of the house are packed...only one car passable. terrible. some owner even put their bins along the side....you can imagine. FH or 99, both has this problem.
    Isn't this the norm? Good that both sides can park, or else there will be more bickering among neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Isn't this the norm? Good that both sides can park, or else there will be more bickering among neighbors.
    no la, too dangerous already, one fine day you might hit some side mirror and haha there goes $$....normal night already like that, i can't imagine chinese new year or .... ppl curse and swear...or maybe when you go visiting and when u come back, no place to park eh!!!

Luxus hills can park 2 cars inside compound. Don't tell me the residents there so rich can own more than 1 car?

Luxus hills can park 2 cars inside compound. Don't tell me the residents there so rich can own more than 1 car?
    The problem is not how many cars the residents own but where they want to park their cars. I have neighbors who refuse to park their car inside their house. They choose to park by the side and even block up the padestrian walkway which is certainly not theirs to begin with. They keep their own compound empty so they can put other stuff there...

So fast got people want to rent out their new house.

Back yard so small leh.

How come the washer and dryer next to the stove?

One thing good is the house is bright.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...nt-luxus-hills

Back yard so small leh.

this one you see actually the kitchen is behind. there are some design which the kitchen is in front when you enter the main door. ya u are right the backyard is very small and probably just enough for you to stand and hand your laundry.

Back yard so small leh.

maybe the seller cannot sell due to ABSD period?

maybe the seller cannot sell due to ABSD period?
    ABSD is for buyer, not seller.
    I think you mean SSD?
    The owner of this house bought it before the 4 yr SSD was implemented as this phase was launched in 2009 unless he bought a subsale unit in Jan 2011 or later.

The problem is not how many cars the residents own but where they want to park their cars. I have neighbors who refuse to park their car inside their house. They choose to park by the side and even block up the padestrian walkway which is certainly not theirs to begin with. They keep their own compound empty so they can put other stuff there...
    report to LTA lor. I did that once with pictures for a commercial building whos parking lots spilled over to the pedestrian walkway. and not too long after that a huge kerb was built and i could walk easily on the walkway again.

Ask LTA to draw double yellow lines outside the house main gate, no one will dare to park.

This is the case for Oasis @ Mulberry (D13).

In addition, there is one "friendly and helpful" resident over at Oasis @ Mulberry who cycles around the estate every night to take photos of all the illegal parking and submit to LTA / TP. Kudos!

ABSD is for buyer, not seller.
    I think you mean SSD?
    The owner of this house bought it before the 4 yr SSD was implemented as this phase was launched in 2009 unless he bought a subsale unit in Jan 2011 or later.
    sorry, got it mix up. I meant SSD, but dont think the owner is affected.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    report to LTA lor. I did that once with pictures for a commercial building whos parking lots spilled over to the pedestrian walkway. and not too long after that a huge kerb was built and i could walk easily on the walkway again.
    Once I kana a parking summon when I visited my friend in a landed estate. The entire area has no free parking lots not because there were none but because every household reserved the lots for themselves. They placed their dustbins, cones, some wierd stuff at the lots just outside their houses even when the lots inside their houses were empty. I had no choice but to leave my car in a single white line further away. I was so for that ticket that I went over to that area the next day and took many many many pictures of the parking conditions and sent in to LTA. My summon was waived immediately. I pointed out that the root problem is not illegal parking but the ill cultured residents' behavior. I asked the authorities to take action against these people because the parking lots outside their homes are not theirs to begin with so they had no rights to reserve the lots the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia

some places is quite good.

I like my place because my neighbour is the last unit in the row, ie corner terrace. But instead of a dead end road, there is a road beside the corner unit making a loop out the other side.

So that road beside the corner terraces is just "free parking" for everyone. You can park 7 cars along that road just on one side. On special occasions like chinese, people will park double side for 14 cars.

That is what I like about my estate. The roads are wide, and the developer in the old days never SQUEEZE out every inch of the land. The developer could easily built 1-2 more units along our row and not put in the loop back road.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    some places is quite good.

I like my place because my neighbour is the last unit in the row, ie corner terrace. But instead of a dead end road, there is a road beside the corner unit making a loop out the other side.

So that road beside the corner terraces is just "free parking" for everyone. You can park 7 cars along that road just on one side. On special occasions like chinese, people will park double side for 14 cars.

That is what I like about my estate. The roads are wide, and the developer in the old days never SQUEEZE out every inch of the land. The developer could easily built 1-2 more units along our row and not put in the loop back road.
    countryside road ah?

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    countryside road ah?
    how u know it is there? lol

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    how u know it is there? lol
    guessing la. wind30 mentioned that he lives around yio chu kang/lentor area. i have an uncle that stays at countryside road and near the stretch he mentioned. but then i do not think that the roads are that wide. the older landed estates have much wider roads. anyway even with these roads they are wider than those HDB roads going to the loading area of blocks or multi storey carparks. those are the narrowest build.

One of the glaring problem for Luxus Hills is that the roads are all marked with single white line. No cars are therefore allowed to park outside the houses. All visitors must either leave their vehicles inside your house or hitch a ride or take public transport (minus MRT). Hmmm... drove in to kapo and noticed that all the many vehicles were illegally parked and when both sides have vehicles, the space left for the moving vehicle to roll along the road becomes so so narrow. Hmmm...