Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Luxus Hills

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    I notice that the migical number 1614sqft normally appears. Must be a metric conversoon of sort to distribute the land parcel for inter tracce.

And I agreed. When you max out, sometimes it looks like a over dress auntie trying to get attention and the place does not gel and start to look like a community center of sort. It does give maximum untility but some how lack substance. when there is no design consideration.
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/homeowner/atta...tach-dlhap.htm

According to URA, terrace plot size is 150sqm..., converted to sqft, multiply by 10.76, magic number is 1614...,bingo...4D number?

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/homeowner/atta...tach-dlhap.htm

According to URA, terrace plot size is 150sqm..., converted to sqft, multiply by 10.76, magic number is 1614...,bingo...4D number?
    So Singapore developers still prefer matric measurements? HDB also use metric, 4 rm is 90 sqm, 5 rm is 110 sqm, etc. But how come PC developers must convert everything to sqft? No consistency here?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    So Singapore developers still prefer matric measurements? HDB also use metric, 4 rm is 90 sqm, 5 rm is 110 sqm, etc. But how come PC developers must convert everything to sqft? No consistency here?
    Legacy and marketing issues? Everything is quoted psf plus imagine a $1,000 psf condo is quoted as $10,700 psm - quite a difficult figure to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Legacy and marketing issues? Everything is quoted psf plus imagine a $1,000 psf condo is quoted as $10,700 psm - quite a difficult figure to swallow.
    Guess u are right. Nowadays, units and house also getting smaller and smaller, and price getting higher and higher. Sound better if say unit size is 323sqft rather than a 30sqm MM?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Then maybe can suggest to KBW or HDB to start using sqft instead of sqm coz their BTO flat sizes are also shrinking... lol! No wonder seldom hear HDB say cost in psm. Always only give final amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Scarcity will keep landed prices up and up just like gold.
    That's a common belief. Don't forget landed can only be sold to Singaporeans. So,the demand side is limited too.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    That's a common belief. Don't forget landed can only be sold to Singaporeans. So,the demand side is limited too.
    There are more naturalized Singaporeans than before, so the demand is still more than the supply.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    There are more naturalized Singaporeans than before, so the demand is still more than the supply.
    Politically untenable...

And for those that are not, they rent.

Base on the current influx of high networth FT, after they offset the rental from the addition" hardship" allowance, they still pocket quite a fair bit from the house.

So the scarity is indeed to the advantage. Just that its not as speculative unless its sentosa.

Phase 5 last unit on the market asking for $2.88m by the developer (according to propertyguru ads).

Quote Originally Posted by u2torneil
    Phase 5 last unit on the market asking for $2.88m by the developer (according to propertyguru ads).
    Wah price increase by 1mil in a short span of about 2 years.

Overpriced for a small land size at that location. Must ask those living in landed now whether they will trade their landed for this. Have lived in landed for many years. Personally, I find no big deal really. Still, many harbour a dream of owning landed.

Overpriced for a small land size at that location. Must ask those living in landed now whether they will trade their landed for this. Have lived in landed for many years. Personally, I find no big deal really. Still, many harbour a dream of owning landed.
    Its the prestige that comes along lah... anyway truly agreed that its way overpriced. My parent's place has a larger land area although its only 2 storeys but can't even hit $2mil resale asking price amid better location (IMO)... yes.. overpriced...

Definitely overpriced. Plenty of other better options at that price.

But then again.... If you read the first few pages of this thread, you will see that people then thought that $1.8m was overpriced... And look who's laughing all the way to the bank now?

Nowadays, tis is what I personally called as modern landed, land squeeze and max out for built-up, leaving little or no land for garden but just a small car porch. Some developer even swap garden for a tiny pool. Quite different to what people used to enjoy living in landed where nice garden, grass keep the house surrounding cool.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Nowadays, tis is what I personally called as modern landed, land squeeze and max out for built-up, leaving little or no land for garden but just a small car porch. Some developer even swap garden for a tiny pool. Quite different to what people used to enjoy living in landed where nice garden, grass keep the house surrounding cool.
    Yup, those who have visited the showflat will know how small the back yard is.
    http://leesohgeok.multiply.com/photo...lbum##photo=13

i think the developer definitely taking advantage of the situation and the fact that they slowly launching phase by phase also give them time to increase price...

look get the Woodhaven, the price two days ago for the townhouse was 3.1mil after discount, i can't believe it as the agent told me last year during launching, they were selling at 1.8mil. not sure if this is true but if it is true, then it has increased by 1.3mil within 1 yr?? And look at Pavillion Pk, they were almost increasing by 2-300k very phase and there seems no ending. all previous phases took their time to sell but it eventually sold out

Yup, those who have visited the showflat will know how small the back yard is.
    http://leesohgeok.multiply.com/photo...lbum##photo=13
    Nah actually the back terrace and front small garden is quite adequate for some planting activity. If really super on about gardening can always plant a plantation on the huge roof terrace!

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    i think the developer definitely taking advantage of the situation and the fact that they slowly launching phase by phase also give them time to increase price...

look get the Woodhaven, the price two days ago for the townhouse was 3.1mil after discount, i can't believe it as the agent told me last year during launching, they were selling at 1.8mil. not sure if this is true but if it is true, then it has increased by 1.3mil within 1 yr?? And look at Pavillion Pk, they were almost increasing by 2-300k very phase and there seems no ending. all previous phases took their time to sell but it eventually sold out
    So now waiting for Luxus Hill to hit $3mil? Singaporeans have hidden piggy bank is it?

Do you think it will happen given such a distance from city and location?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    3 years back, if you tell me Luxus Hill will hit $2.5mil, I will doubt. Now I'm quite convinced anything can happen.

So now waiting for Luxus Hill to hit $3mil? Singaporeans have hidden piggy bank is it?
    3 years back, if you tell me Luxus Hill will hit $2.5mil, I will doubt. Now I'm quite convinced anything can happen.
    Me too.
    In fact it is already going to happen.
    People advertising for 3 mil.

Just becos of the hype of seletar aerospace park. Wait for downturn like our basically said.

To be fair, Luxus hill is located very near to AMK and easily accessible via CTE. Now CTE's jam is not as bad as in the past, though ERP still in play lah. CTE's improvement is due to KJE and the new via duct at Braddell/Potong Pasir.

I use to stay in AMK.

Try driving along CTE towards AMK in evening and at night. Pay and yet stuck in jam even with more lanes now.
    Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    To be fair, Luxus hill is located very near to AMK and easily accessible via CTE. Now CTE's jam is not as bad as in the past, though ERP still in play lah. CTE's improvement is due to KJE and the new via duct at Braddell/Potong Pasir.

I use to stay in AMK.

Try driving along CTE towards AMK in evening and at night. Pay and yet stuck in jam even with more lanes now.
    Waiting for the new highway to open in 5 years' time?

I thought towards amk is better than towards city.

The last known highest transacted price should $2.78M, not from the caveats but from the URA developer's sale records of $1722 psf x 1615 sqft. The last 1/2 unit in Phase 5 sold by developer is probably going to be $2.8-$2.9M ... $3M?!

Me too.
    In fact it is already going to happen.
    People advertising for 3 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by u2torneil
    The last known highest transacted price should $2.78M, not from the caveats but from the URA developer's sale records of $1722 psf x 1615 sqft. The last 1/2 unit in Phase 5 sold by developer is probably going to be $2.8-$2.9M ... $3M?!
    The last 1-2 units by developer are the show flats with ID, that's why so expensive?

I like this development and would love to own one if I have the budget.