Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Luxus Hills

Quote Originally Posted by u2torneil
    These should be for inter-terraces, see the site plan from here for Phase 5:
    http://www.luxushills.com/comingsoon.html

That said, I would take these with a pinch of salt from the agent. The only reliable numbers are from URA or from caveats lodged.
    Perhaps the agent made a mistake.
    I really can't believe that one would pay a few hundred thousand just to secure an auspicious number!
    Let's wait for URA figures.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Perhaps the agent made a mistake.
    I really can't believe that one would pay a few hundred thousand just to secure an auspicious number!
    Let's wait for URA figures.
    If 100k more for auspicious number maybe reasonable, but if more than that, may not be justifiable. But u never know, some would swear by their lucky numbers, die die must have...

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    I was debating with my buddies on landed property vs condos.

landed property (exclude cluster houses) should hold on prices.
    Agree that landed property $2-4m is bought mainly for own occupation

cluster houses may have different tenant/owner segment but I note that yield has not been that attractive

no restriction for FT. but i hear my FT colleagues complaining of what they can get back home for amount paid for cluster house here in singapore

anyone can share the buyer's profile for cluster houses

this project I'm sure are mainly bought by locals
    if you were to ask again why then do they instead buy SG.? It would be the gainis steady n there is still development design with optimum space consideration. SG been the lesser twin of HK would displayed a similar gains as long as the economy stays reasonably healthy. But that's just views fm those I speak to and may not be representative of the same crowd that you have conversation with.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    if you were to ask again why then do they instead buy SG.? It would be the gainis steady n there is still development design with optimum space consideration. SG been the lesser twin of HK would displayed a similar gains as long as the economy stays reasonably healthy. But that's just views fm those I speak to and may not be representative of the same crowd that you have conversation with.
    My Ft colleagues doing probably 30-40k mthly. They have been sending $$$ home. Some took loans here (cheap cheap interest rate) and send $$$ home to reduce loans in home country as I mentioned earlier. When the sit hits the fence I hope I can see support from them to help my country spore. Think so? Hope so for the better of all. Musketeers - one for all, all for one.

The others below 6k looks at hdb - majority renting but ft PRs buying only 1
    Extra $$$ sent home

Their reason is not gain. I asked them. They just don't want to pay rent for nothing. Put a bit of downpayment for a lot of upside.

Now if they have home back home and buy 1 in Spore I presume they sold property back home and declare only 1 property in Spore to obtain 80% LTV.

If they declare that Spore property is their 2nd home, they need to come up with 40% Cash downpayment

2) Is my understanding of the regulation correct?
    If my understanding of regulation is correct, what if the regulation is reviewed thoroughly and needs to be supported with evidence such as tax papers back home.
    Would those ft PRs who bought comes forward and cover another 20% cash downpayment to make LTV 60% as per regulation.

Ignore 2 if my understanding is incorrect

preview yesterday and launch for phase 5 today. told on sms that inter-terrace going for 2.55 to 2.60.

saw showroom today for id ideas - similar designs as before. did not discuss with agent, but saw board showing about 55% sold of the 54 units put up. not sure if ias still avail. car park is full though.

At that price level, is Allgreen at Pavilion Park a better deal.?

Seem like the Asking price is slightly lower PSF wise.

Great! There are still people positive with the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    preview yesterday and launch for phase 5 today. told on sms that inter-terrace going for 2.55 to 2.60.

saw showroom today for id ideas - similar designs as before. did not discuss with agent, but saw board showing about 55% sold of the 54 units put up. not sure if ias still avail. car park is full though.

At that price level, is Allgreen at Pavilion Park a better deal.?

Seem like the Asking price is slightly lower PSF wise.
    Yup, slightly lower. More exclusive feel too. However the place is quite ulu compared with luxus hills and the build up space is less practical than luxus hills.
    The newest phase 2G, 2 rooms got build in wardrobe at the expense of a study that was present in the previous phase. Also pavilion park got household shelter which luxus hills do not.

Yup, slightly lower. More exclusive feel too. However the place is quite ulu compared with luxus hills and the build up space is less practical than luxus hills.
    The newest phase 2G, 2 rooms got build in wardrobe at the expense of a study that was present in the previous phase. Also pavilion park got household shelter which luxus hills do not.
    Really based on individual preference. At $2.6mil, I'm just watching this project slowly but surely getting further and further from my grasp... So when will it return to $1.8mil? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Really based on individual preference. At $2.6mil, I'm just watching this project slowly but surely getting further and further from my grasp... So when will it return to $1.8mil? Lol!
    When Singapore is under seige or an epidermic wipes out 10% of the population overnight. $1 also nobody wants.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    When Singapore is under seige or an epidermic wipes out 10% of the population overnight. $1 also nobody wants.
    10% so little?

actually no food and water all die tgt

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    10% so little?

actually no food and water all die tgt
    Cannot be. The government has just launched a hawker entrepreneurship programme to encourage Singaporean graduates to be hawkers. We will never run out of food or water.

Cannot be. The government has just launched a hawker entrepreneurship programme to encourage Singaporean graduates to be hawkers. We will never run out of food or water.
    ????

we import food a water supplies

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ????

we import food a water supplies
    Cannot be. Most ships take a break at our ports en route to China/Europe/US. We just help ourselves to a bit of their cargoes.

Cannot be. Most ships take a break at our ports en route to China/Europe/US. We just help ourselves to a bit of their cargoes.
    ya....all fight for food.....form gang again.....mafia....LOL

Back to Luxus Hills.
    The inter terrace land area is only 1615 sqft.
    The back yard is really small.
    I guess what makes this more popular and more expensive than Pavilion Park is becoz its location is better.

Also Pavilion Park, developer don't advertise so less people know about it.

my feel is that the prices will continue to go higher and higher, and supported by all other subsales transactions from the previous phases. afterall there are 900+ units to sell just for luxus hills, and the developer has got the holding power to release only when buying sentiments are still good, regardless of market condition. furthermore they have already held on to the land for so long. besides, they also got another large plot of land on the other side too, next to the cte.

so there is never a better entry point to go in and buy than now, if you like it in the first place. unlikely developer will ever price it cheaper (even in a downturn), somemore there is 25 phases in total. maybe to get it cheaper, can get it through the earlier subsale from investors who want to get out - latest 2.41 ?phase 1/2 subsale. a large phase 1 corner unit with swimming pool (land 2850/built in 3850) is asking 3.65m.

Hi lifeline, you are right.
    These big developers are never in a hurry to sell and can hold on to the property for donkey years.
    The only way to buy it at a lower price is through a subsale.

Actually where else in sg got big scale new FH/999 landed launch other than Luxus Hills?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Actually where else in sg got big scale new FH/999 landed launch other than Luxus Hills?

Pavilion Park......
    Not so large scale though.

Buy a interterrace at a better location with land area bigger than 1650sqft for about $1.8mil. Then do A&A to 3 storeys for another 700k so works out to be same price plus a more preferred location?

Buy a interterrace at a better location with land area bigger than 1650sqft for about $1.8mil. Then do A&A to 3 storeys for another 700k so works out to be same price plus a more preferred location?
    Plus you will have a say in the interior design and layout...

Yeah I notice that as well. The study looks a bit small so having a build in wardrobe makes sense.

I saw one config with the bomb shelter door facing the maindoor. This makes the look similar to Luxus Hill.

Size wise, seems that the 2 G phase has grown a little but its not North south facing.

Yeah I notice that as well. The study looks a bit small so having a build in wardrobe makes sense.

I saw one config with the bomb shelter door facing the maindoor. This makes the look similar to Luxus Hill.

Size wise, seems that the 2 G phase has grown a little but its not North south facing.
    I have not seen phase 2G of pavilion park yet. Is there a new show flat? From the floor plan, this new phase seem about same size as the previous phase. The kitchen is larger though at the expense of the dining area. I personally do not like walk in wardrobe, unless u got larger space. I rather have the small study as it is another enclosed space which can be functional.
    Don't know whether the corner terrace with the pool has been sold? Like the semi d in the previous phase, the land area is large, hence it is very pricey.
    This phase faces west. But the back is a large hill. So will have afternoon Sun, but not the morning sun.

I have not seen phase 2G of pavilion park yet. Is there a new show flat? From the floor plan, this new phase seem about same size as the previous phase. The kitchen is larger though at the expense of the dining area. I personally do not like walk in wardrobe, unless u got larger space. I rather have the small study as it is another enclosed space which can be functional.
    Don't know whether the corner terrace with the pool has been sold? Like the semi d in the previous phase, the land area is large, hence it is very pricey.
    This phase faces west. But the back is a large hill. So will have afternoon Sun, but not the morning sun.

actually buttercarp, it just struck me that you can onsider selling your pavilion park and swap to luxus hills. this is provided you like this location better. in doing so, you transferred your gains over to luxus; afterall the relative price increase is similar. on top of this, long term cap appreciation is better here, 25 phases for luxus, every phase higher, and still got the other plot of land beside cte. but must sell first before swapping. main loss is that you will have paid for two stamp duties (1 extra), as well as one agent fee, roughly 100k, i think based on old mental calculation last time. consider this, and no more t junction!

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    actually buttercarp, it just struck me that you can onsider selling your pavilion park and swap to luxus hills. this is provided you like this location better. in doing so, you transferred your gains over to luxus; afterall the relative price increase is similar. on top of this, long term cap appreciation is better here, 25 phases for luxus, every phase higher, and still got the other plot of land beside cte. but must sell first before swapping. main loss is that you will have paid for two stamp duties (1 extra), as well as one agent fee, roughly 100k, i think based on old mental calculation last time. consider this, and no more t junction!
    Thanks for the suggestion but I can't do that cos of the SSD. And also as you mentioned stamp duty. No luxus hills for me. As I mentioned previously I was close to getting it at 1.7 m in 2009 but was turned away by agent cos hubby was PR at that time and agent not keen to accept transaction. Later on exiting the place, car tyre punctured. Recently before visiting showflat got lost. Just circling n circling the place without finding the right spot. With pavilion, it was a breeze. Went there and it was a unanimous decision.

Thanks for the suggestion but I can't do that cos of the SSD. And also as you mentioned stamp duty. No luxus hills for me. As I mentioned previously I was close to getting it at 1.7 m in 2009 but was turned away by agent cos hubby was PR at that time and agent not keen to accept transaction. Later on exiting the place, car tyre punctured. Recently before visiting showflat got lost. Just circling n circling the place without finding the right spot. With pavilion, it was a breeze. Went there and it was a unanimous decision.

fate and destiny...

Wow... didn't know about your flat tyres but yes, LOL!

went to see the show room last week for fun.

It seems that the showroom is really quiet and they are still not giving discount although we did not really bargain.

anyone managed to ask for discount? Wonder if the prices are coming down. Luxus hills seems to be a nice landed price index since all their units are the same and they sell over a long period of time